What's new

HOW MANY CHILDREN NEED TO DIE BEFORE GUN LAWS CHANGE IN THE USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three Berries

FqlhmulXsAETIdx

The stat in the US is inclusive of suicide. The more pertinent comparison is total murder/homicide rate

moose eater

Up until about 1937 you could walk into a Western Auto Hardware in many places and purchase a Thompson Submachinegun over the counter, with no permits required.

When I bought my first class III select-fire weapon in the early 1980s, at that time, the only time a properly registered, 1968-NFA-compliant selective-fire class III weapon had been used in the commision of a violent felony, involved an off-duty cop wasting his spouse.

But cops are also known to have elevated rates of DV issues, as well as alcohol issues; especially back then..

Just sayin'..

Last edited:

moose eater

FqlhmulXsAETIdx

The stat in the US is inclusive of suicide. The more pertinent comparison is total murder/homicide rate
Alaska has few restrictions on concealed OR open carry (other than inherent federal and state laws governing felons possessing firearms, carrying in bars, etc.), and is among the top states for violent crime, including DV, rape/sexual assault, and aggravated assault, etc.

And we're certainly mostly a rural State.

Kinda' flies in the face of that whole, "An armed society is a more polite society" rap, as well as blaming the gun violence on race and cities.. Just not true.

If you translate raw data into per capita numbers, rural America is no Nirvana or safe haven of peace and justice. But 'we've' been through that dozens of times. Probably go through those stats dozens more. And those who see nothing wrong with our current situation other than to blame it on someone else, will continue on their path.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Alaska has few restrictions on concealed OR open carry (other than inherent federal and state laws governing felons possessing firearms, carrying in bars, etc.), and is among the top states for violent crime, including DV, rape/sexual assault, and aggravated assault, etc.

And we're certainly mostly a rural State.

Kinda' flies in the face of that whole, "An armed society is a more polite society" rap, as well as blaming the gun violence on race and cities.. Just not true.

If you translate raw data into per capita numbers, rural America is no Nirvana of peace and justice. But 'we've' been through that dozens of times. Probably go through those stats dozens more. And those who see nothing wrong with our current situation other than to blame it on someone else, will continue on their path.
Wasilla still keeping the crime rates up.:D Man that was about the most standoffish place i went to when i was up there. I felt like i was on the set of some bodysnatchers film

moose eater

Wasilla still keeping the crime rates up.:D Man that was about the most standoffish place i went to when i was up there. I felt like i was on the set of some bodysnatchers film
Sarah Palin's town of Wasilla, the place where Baptists, Born-Again Fundamentalists, Meth cooks and tweakers all, strangely enough, seem to view the world through the same or similar weird lens, is still a bastion of violent felonious behavior.

But really, the whole State has a rep. We just like to blame it on others. :)

35 years ago a fellow who used to run a hydroponics store here (Mat Valley; 300 miles to my south) had broken down on the Sterling Hwy, north of Sterling, near the Kenai Peninsula Moose Refuge. Pretty rural. He went to get fuel and or tools, and when he returned, his truck had been torched.

Hundreds, thousands of stories of property crimes and violent offenses in this rural State.

The meth 'epidemic' and easily harvested catalytic converters hasn't helped, either.

We frenchies we don't have holywood cinéma but we are ready to do the intifada against Putin !

Attachments

• 00001_Lot-de-deux-pistolets-en-bois---a-flechettes-Collectors.jpg
    00001_Lot-de-deux-pistolets-en-bois---a-flechettes-Collectors.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 17
  • -165823.jpg
    -165823.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 5FYZGLJGW5YYQ2KNUA74MGDXKA (2).jpg
    5FYZGLJGW5YYQ2KNUA74MGDXKA (2).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 17
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 15

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no regulations, free gun flow, zero mass shootings
Gun Control Act of 1968 still in the future. while most companies did it anyway, guns were not required to have serial numbers until then. Minute Market near me sold .22 LR ammo loose in a bowl by the register.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
FqlhmulXsAETIdx

You always "forget" to post a link so no one can check your dodgy links.

This tells a different story.

One thing I will agree is that I think the issue is more to do with culture than guns, however the notion that you can simply arm more people as a deterrent seems very flawed to me. Personally happy to live somewhere where very few own guns.

Three Berries

You always "forget" to post a link so no one can check your dodgy links.

This tells a different story.

One thing I will agree is that I think the issue is more to do with culture than guns, however the notion that you can simply arm more people as a deterrent seems very flawed to me. Personally happy to live somewhere where very few own guns.
People won't buy guns if they feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts