What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once again, we have issues with the car😂, so this morning I walked into the village to meet a friend for coffee.

I thought I'd share a couple of photos with you of the walk; it's only about 2km but uphill, thankfully this morning it's pretty cool...only about 28c at 10am. View attachment 19029726 View attachment 19029727 Everywhere is very dry now and wild fire is a constant threat. So far this summer the weather had been good and only on one day has it gone up to 38c; but we all know that soon it will hot, real hot. 😂

On route, I pass several of my Spanish neighbours and receive a cheery "Buenos Dias!" from them all. I'm a geri and some of my neighbours are campocino, but for some strange reason, I'm accepted by them.
The other morning, after Spain beat Germany in the Euros, Jaun and I were dancing in the road!
Commiserations to my German brothers.

In the village we sit and enjoy our coffee, whilst watching the traffic and waving at people. Most of the time pedestrians have right of way over traffic; it's an unwritten rule in the village. When it's 39c,, no one rushes to cross the road.😂 Cars can wait.
Sadly, the bar we're using this morning doesn't really like people smoking spliffs, (at least in the day time), which is fair enough; it's a little more upmarket than most, but they do a very good coffee and it's only €2.80 for us both!

At this time of year, there is an increasing amount of traffic as the holiday season gets going. There's nothing here for traditional holiday makers, but if you like spectacular mountain scenery and wonderful Alpujarran hospitality, then you're in the right place. Thankfully we are well known in the village and our (big) supermarket (!yes,we now have one) will open a separate till for Mrs DM. The holiday makers buy a lot of beer😂
View attachment 19029728 View attachment 19029733
Whilst we we're chatting, we meet an old Spanish hippie lady, who was visiting from Cadiz. Her clothes made @flower~power shirts look bland. She was carrying a really small dog (half the size of a cat); it's name was Marijuana. He was dead cute. 😍
Nobody gives a second glance here, no matter how you dress.

And tonight we have the Football! The whole village will be watching and (fingers crossed) there will be a Fiesta Grande when we win!, but when we win the final, I expect the whole village to party for several days! Bring it on!.

What will I do if it’s England/Spain in the final? That's going to be tough😂
😊
IMG_3212.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
The waters warm. It's actually an old water storage facility and is lined with concrete, that I occasional repaint. 😂
It's not much good for a morning swim at only 5m, but its heaven when it's 44c!

I sit in it with my straw hat on and turn my outdoor speakers up loud!

@flower~power, I'm not sure what my neighbours think of the Psy Trance😂

Next year is Mrs DM's 70th! And we're having a Fiesta Grande! My best Spanish friend and spiritual brother, just happens to be the drummer of 2 exceptionally good bands, (played Glastonbury in the UK) one reggae and one psychedelic rock, he also happens to be one of the linchpins of the music and party scene around these parts. Because of our age, we know many "non psychnaught's" and are going to have to ban anyone over 50 who doesn't take psychedelics. This is going to be a party that will be talked about for years!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@revegeta666 , good to see you around brother.
I'll try and get to the post office later in the week, but it's 2k uphill and we have no car, (again😂). Getting desperate for the beach (Sorry @Eltitoguay, And we've only got 32.5c today, ie nothing, i don't know how you guys cope up on your mountain).

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Sativa actually helps cope with the heat. I'm currently feeling nice and cool, perhaps it's the Destroyer @el mani. 😂
The Destroyer is one of my favourite "go to" day time weeds; now that's it's 6months old it's really starting to come on nicely, as is the D23x DC/THH, although that is more trippy, with a little colour enhancement. Muchas gracias primo 😍🙏

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
@revegeta666 , good to see you around brother
Can't go too long without my dose of HDM garden news 😃

You’ll dig these .. I got six of them. Still waiting to show sex
What are those @flower~power? They look mouthwatering.

Hombre del mont said:
I'm not sure that the Spanish are aware that some people drink instant coffee
Can confirm! I am 43 and I only ever had one single cup of instant coffee in my life. I don't think I even finished it lol

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I'm English so was brought up on instant coffee😂. Lucky I discovered how to make it as a young man and never looked back; before that I only really drank tea, but propper tea made in a pot, not a teabag in a cup; that's just shit. Sadly, it seems that most of my countrymen are happy to eat ultra processed food and think that they're having a good meal😂.
We are not wealthy people at all, but insist on "real" food. I'm a bit of a foodie, amongst other things.

FP's plants are Original Haze!; I still have a few seeds left if you want.

Please and come and visit the garden as often as you like. Your presence (And your strange humour😂) is always a pleasure. Have a great evening brother🙏

ilovegrowing

Thanks for a glimpse of your life in spain, i can really feel the vibe :) must be great!

Here are some pics of stuff that might interest you, first just went into the bag for long term curing, more on the drier side
Cob of panama x haze
83D5EB8C-259E-44A9-B102-3A50994DE85F.jpeg

And a grow bag of shrooms, cascadian teacher just starting to fruit, maybe i find a spot where i can put the leftovers when the flushes are finished
0AF3BF7E-7F9B-4D00-9EE3-69486CD69B1C.jpeg

Greets to spain and the rest of the world

el mani

Veteran
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Sativa actually helps cope with the heat. I'm currently feeling nice and cool, perhaps it's the Destroyer @el mani. 😂
The Destroyer is one of my favourite "go to" day time weeds; now that's it's 6months old it's really starting to come on nicely, as is the D23x DC/THH, although that is more trippy, with a little colour enhancement. Muchas gracias primo 😍🙏
Old stuff bro ;)
What a nice retirement cousin, you only need the agricultural mechanics course for pshiconauts...
A hug