What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Holy grail Mr Nice.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
So far only from the 1980 calendar

Screenshot_20220528-142755_Instagram~3.jpg
Screenshot_20220528-142810_Instagram~4.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Only Haze i found to date on line date back to the 80s but if you look at Mel Franks photos you get an understanding of what was being grown in Cali in the 70s. Prity much what was being grow here to.

mexcurandero nice pics.

His the only picture i have found to date from early cannabis castle days of a Haze i am guessing a 5HzC grown by Nevil him self.

1669966369197.png

MrGs

I have really mixed feelings about shantibaba's gear ,he keeps alive old cultivators but it's a lot of work finding a keeper , ya his seeds are dirt cheap but factor in the time and space required to find something not so cheap, not sure if I'm interested in doing that again and I dont trust mushi or whatever his name is claiming fire in every pack not my experience spent a year pulling my hair out never to find anything that had Terps and clean high . I read great threads like this and feel like I should give it a another try to find the holy grail plant . Then I remind myself it's cheaper to just spend $200 on a seed company from the west coast or spains cheap feminized market knowing I'll have a keeper in those 10 seeds . I find it puzzling that mr nice seeds doesn't pull out a couple great plants and feminize or work them to eliminate the weak plants for the general public people like me that only want to run one light in the closet because I would definitely buy them just out of respect for shanti being in the game so long . I consider mr.nice seeds modern day land race company only because so many seeds need to be grown to find the one but i also understand someone needs to breed the old school plants like he does but I think I'll just let the breeders pheno hunt his seeds to find the good plants. I dont know want his sales are I would imagine its mostly breeders looking for males or trying to replace lost mother plants . It's so easy to get clones or close copies of good plant with feminized seeds I feel shantibaba is slowly loosing interest from the people like me that just dont have time to make pheno hunting the number 1 priority in a already busy life , who wants to spend 5 months paying electric to not find anything . If shantibaba offered mango haze /SSH etc. of his selection in female seed I would be on it .

F2F

^^^last sentence…I agree, and to be fair would say the MH IBL is his attempt to do something like this, with benefit of being a regular line. No idea on the spread of quality amongst a pack.

Peace
F2F

William76

U might be in luck,I seen shanti on a youtube video not long back saying they were considering doing fems,still wouldn't buy them tho, can't get a straight answer on genetics from the mns lot.or pics of mom's or dad's they supposedly hold.the good seed cos will let u see the parents,same with anything u breed,wen buying young uns,u would usually look at the parents(dogs horses etc)so why not the same with plants?,the only reason not to show them was if u didn't have them anymore.nuff said,76

Stocktont

Veteran
The book is good non the less... it’s not an imagination in someone’s mind in a memory or a picture un-sharable or un-verifiable it’s in print and it’s been for a long time. There’s a reference to it, and it’s also not that big of a picture, can one id plants from a close-up? I’d take something tangible instead of someones word or memory most times, do you have a better one? Maybe it’s wrong but RCC stood up to be counted, more than one can say about most haze experts… and no I am not having at you my friend, and I am not saying this is the ”id for haze” picture…

Last edited: