What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

arsekick

I think the people denying it are the ones trying hard to sell their point of view.

The rest of us pay attention and may be less susceptible to self-service and greed.

The rest of you are delusional, and probably sleep whith the light on incase the bogy man gets ya

How much will the global temp drop when we hit net zero ??, you don't know do you, but you are happy for the governments around the world to waste trillions of $$ on a fantasy

Obviously no one read this the last time I put it up, its the reason why you lot love the left so much you poor brainwashed fools

arsekick

I see.

Well, that explains that.

Isn't it funny how people motivated by greed use greed for the reason their argument is sound?
That's just stupid, been calling it a scam for 20 years a lot longer than I've been invested in coal.

Invested heavily in gold as well and banks, no lithium tho lol

arsekick

1725347071500.png

igrowone

Veteran
DAWN.COM
E-PAPER | SEPTEMBER 05, 2024

World sees record August heat for second year running
AFP Published September 4, 2024 Updated about 16 hours ago 0

PARIS: The world saw record average temperatures in August for the second year running, according to preliminary data from the EU’s climate monitor on Tuesday.

While the exact average temperature for August 2024 is not yet known, the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) has already established it will be above the then-record 16.82 degrees Celsius (62.28 Fahrenheit) measured in August last year.

moose eater

DAWN.COM
E-PAPER | SEPTEMBER 05, 2024

World sees record August heat for second year running
AFP Published September 4, 2024 Updated about 16 hours ago 0

PARIS: The world saw record average temperatures in August for the second year running, according to preliminary data from the EU’s climate monitor on Tuesday.

While the exact average temperature for August 2024 is not yet known, the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) has already established it will be above the then-record 16.82 degrees Celsius (62.28 Fahrenheit) measured in August last year.
We apparently got left out.... :(

moose eater

looks like it, dinner bell was a while ago, mighty fine looking and I can almost smell the the bouquet
Hottest day here in a little bit is tomorrow at +68 f. If we actually see that.

But the cooler weather, as long as it doesn't rain, has been facilitating the cold(er) smoking and drying of salmon strips, so, like with many things, there's pros and cons.

igrowone

Veteran
the northern melt approaches its end
the northeastern passage wide open, the northwest has been open but shifts between open/closed
and the ice levels at the northern cap very low but probably not going to record lows
but down south, that's much more concerning
just gone back to record lows for this time of year, not good, implications of more dramatic change
combine north + south ice and you are at record lows for world sea ice
greenland has above average melt, not dramatic but it's always above average now
1725837070868.png
1725837103939.png
1725837140432.png
1725837220868.png

moose eater

the northern melt approaches its end
the northeastern passage wide open, the northwest has been open but shifts between open/closed
and the ice levels at the northern cap very low but probably not going to record lows
but down south, that's much more concerning
just gone back to record lows for this time of year, not good, implications of more dramatic change
combine north + south ice and you are at record lows for world sea ice
greenland has above average melt, not dramatic but it's always above average now View attachment 19062827 View attachment 19062828 View attachment 19062829 View attachment 19062830
My wife read an article to me the other day regarding shipping lanes opening up north of the arctic circle in places that they hadn't been so open in the past. Better freight routes, but I'm not sure the polar bears are pleased.

I bet the passengers on the Titanic would be jealous. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts