What's new

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
trees are a renewable resource and paper is easy to compost or reuse, but i guess plastic is just better for the earth

/help me @Porky82 i need some stupid links

Ok dumb dumb you ask continually what I'm doing and I answered that in post 4452 that you gave 👍 to but you seem so stupid you keep asking so here's a photo of 1 of my local beach's which is 300m from my home. They want to put an off shore wind farm 20km to 40km off the coast and all the old local fools like you oppose it. I've voted for the party and signed a few partitions in favour of it and now its going to happen. Yep happy to have it in my backyard!
You happy to have one off the coast of your community as you've called it??

View attachment 19022173 View attachment 19022174 View attachment 19022175
wind farms in the ocean are a novel idea but do have any idea of the maintenance needs?
how about transmission lines?
no it just sounds green so porky votes yes!
and to keep it simple for you porky, my angle has stayed the same, people need energy and resources to live a nice life
name calling and no efforts posts are not the solution
i just think you a dick because you laugh at others miss fourtne, but you go on with yourself
you are a real class act

that looks like a nice bay, have you ever gone into the water?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I get that it's renewable but it takes decades and in the mean time we have lost: the co2 filter, the water filter,the o2 replacement,the habitat for the animals,holding the soil together capability and preventing flooding,the beauty and the shade among things I can't think of off hand. I think cutting trees down is a terrible way to fight change. If people used plastic beams and boards for their homes they would last forever,eventually homes could be completely made from it. It just always comes down to money.
oh, ok! i was thinking more in the pulp use to make things like disposables
vinyl is a very popular building material here for things like outdoor fencing
like you said, it resists fading and is supposed to last "forever"
i dotn know if they make structural quality vinyl beams, but i dont see why not

most of the timber here in california is on managed plots where they harvest the trees on a cycle, but im sure there is still some wild timber being cut down

sorry if i misunderstood your point

arsekick

This is a thread on weed forum not an climate change summit. 🤣 Solutions fuck your to ignorant to even read links. Your endless uneducated stream of oral shit proves that!
Wind farms are one of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable way of generating electricity.
You contribution here has been nothing but hilarious stupidity old fella!! 🤣 🤡
No they are not, there a waste of $ and not environmentally friendly at all, and far from reliable

Problem is you need to back it all up with gas, coal or nuclear for when the wind don't blow and the sun dont shine

"The exchange came as consultancy group WattClarity said the yield from major wind farms across the national electricity market was easily the worst in the past five years.
It said the capacity factor, the share of actual electricity generated by a plant, was at just 21 per cent for the year as of June 22.
“2024 might be as much as 3,000,000 megawatt hours ‘short’ of wind production through the second quarter compared to what some might have expected,"

igrowone

Veteran
Yeah true you never said the chart was wrong, just my interpretation of it

Care to explain where I was wrong in my interpretation
didn't have an issue with your interpretation so much, we disagree and that's not going to change
more about your estimation that pre-1920s ice levels were probably lower
that's pulling information out of thin air, very thin air

Porky82

No they are not, there a waste of $ and not environmentally friendly at all, and far from reliable

Problem is you need to back it all up with gas, coal or nuclear for when the wind don't blow and the sun dont shine

"The exchange came as consultancy group WattClarity said the yield from major wind farms across the national electricity market was easily the worst in the past five years.
It said the capacity factor, the share of actual electricity generated by a plant, was at just 21 per cent for the year as of June 22.
“2024 might be as much as 3,000,000 megawatt hours ‘short’ of wind production through the second quarter compared to what some might have expected,"
Nah ya wrong once again professor! 🤣

Screenshot_20240625_100304_Chrome.jpg

arsekick

Bit more about wind for all the phds on this thread! 🤪
That one proved my point 😂

I stopped reading after this bit,

Wind is an emissions-free source of energy​

Apparently no emissions were produced making them or putting them up, the blades don't last long and can't be recycled, lots of concrete needed, need lots of mines to mine all the shit needed to build them, we know you love mining companies lol, the list goes on and on.

Only good when working and killing birds, there can be weeks on end of no wind, then what ?

arsekick

didn't have an issue with your interpretation so much, we disagree and that's not going to change
more about your estimation that pre-1920s ice levels were probably lower
that's pulling information out of thin air, very thin air

Plenty of news paper articles from the scientists of the time saying the ice was low in the 20s and 30s, I've posted a few in this thread, the "globe" cooled from the 40s to the 70s so its not to hard to assume there was less ice in the 20s than the 50s or the 70s (and most probably now lol )

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That one proved my point 😂

I stopped reading after this bit,

Wind is an emissions-free source of energy​

Apparently no emissions were produced making them or putting them up, the blades don't last long and can't be recycled, lots of concrete needed, need lots of mines to mine all the shit needed to build them, we know you love mining companies lol, the list goes on and on.

Only good when working and killing birds, there can be weeks on end of no wind, then what ?
A lot less emissions created by building something once, opposed to building something once and then running it on coal or oil for it's lifetime.

Dime

I remember many, Rupp was one that comes off the top of my head
market consolidation of a new industry likely accounts for a lot of that
but up my way it's very iffy for snow worth while to ride on in a winter
that's a huge change from the 70s where snow was taken for granted
Rupp sold over 70,000 sleds in 71 and 72 and bought up Alouette and some of the tooling and by 77 they were gone. The Nitro is collectible.I think the snow comes in cycles, we haven't had any for a while and now you have to go past North Bay to find it but 10 years ago or so we had a few really snowy winters in my area .

Attachments

• 1977NitroTop-BrianBoucher.gif
    1977NitroTop-BrianBoucher.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 4

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
A lot less emissions created by building something once, opposed to building something once and then running it on coal or oil for it's lifetime.
there is no free energy, but i guess thats a class you missed
what about when there is no wind?
and that far offshore, the cost to maintain the structure and the transmission lines is going to be huge
but its not like we put any thought into this, right porky
/post more links!!!