What's new

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

exoticrobotic

Seems we have been here before :ROFLMAO: got to wonder how the polar bears survived the warming and ice melting back then

View attachment 19013800
View attachment 19013798

They noted a warming climate in 1922?

That's not so weird following an industrial revolution is it?

The Industrial Revolution was the transition from creating goods by hand to using machines. The period generally spanned from about 1760 to 1840.

How was the climate reported before 1760?

arsekick

1717667074117.png

arsekick

The Industrial Revolution was the transition from creating goods by hand to using machines. The period generally spanned from about 1760 to 1840.

It was Bloody cold the little ice age ended about 1850

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Seems we have been here before :ROFLMAO: got to wonder how the polar bears survived the warming and ice melting back then

View attachment 19013800
View attachment 19013798
Gee, you don't mean this report?

Century-old Arctic report altered to discredit global warming​

arsekick

Gee, you don't mean this report?

Century-old Arctic report altered to discredit global warming​

1717667769173.png

You do know that you can read the old newspaper articles online, they're not that hard to find.

arsekick

1717667938039.png

1717667979289.png

Not sure how anything melted back then if you believe the above temp graph, not that they would know what the global temps were before 1950 or maybe 1979
1717668136743.png

arsekick

You didn't read my link then?
From your link, are you sure you read it lol

"The report is authentic; it describes the warming of the ocean, icebergs "growing scarcer" and glaciers that "have entirely disappeared." But the projections about sea levels rising and uninhabitable coasts, quoted in the social media posts, did not appear in the original version."

1717668982951.png

Rgd

Veteran
From your link, are you sure you read it lol

"The report is authentic; it describes the warming of the ocean, icebergs "growing scarcer" and glaciers that "have entirely disappeared." But the projections about sea levels rising and uninhabitable coasts, quoted in the social media posts, did not appear in the original version."

View attachment 19013811
I wish the seals would vanish......

Dime

So now you and Dime are psychologists and your going analyse my character for me! How nice of you 2! 🤣
Never once have I said I have no environmental impact infact I've said the exact opposite but you can try twist it however you like because you've been caught out!
I've said I try to minimise my environmental impact. Nothing wrong with that!
The only questions I've been asked is about sorting my rubbish and am I using an oil made pc 🤣 which I answered both.
I don't need to lie about my background to gain credibility on a weed forum! 🤣
I've just posted links that the pretend scientists like you and the others claim they know they're wrong but can't say how or why just they are wrong!
Quite ridiculous and childish for people in their 50s really! 🤣
Lol you are oblivious of yourself.

Dime

Have never been on a cruise ship, but I've taken the Alaska Marine Highway ferries throughout SE Alaska where very little is connected by road, or when I needed to get a Harley from Prince Rupert, B.C. up to Skagway, Alaska, or other vehicles from Prince Rupert out to Prince of Wales Island or Ketchikan, or from Seattle or Bellingham to some point in SE Alaska.

Much of that was more frequent in 1979 through 1995, though not all.

I brought a camper van that had been fucked up by a shop in Yakima from Bellingham up to Skagway, in order to drive through the Yukon Territory and see friends on my way back up with the injured van in early winter a year and seven months ago..

And the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry System is literally considered a part of the State's highway system.

I haven't flown across the Atlantic to Europe since 1997, though I did fly to Australia to visit a forum member there nearly 6 years ago now. We toured much of Western Australia in his truck, after I first went from Brisbane to Nimbin by shuttle, then back to Brisbane, and flew out to Perth to meet him there.

Other than that, the flights on commercial aircraft I've taken to Seattle or Anchorage over the last 3 years have been for medical reasons.

When I drive to the Yukon, if I'm hauling a trailer, I either drive a 4.7 liter V-8 Toyota Tundra (a 2003 with over 220,000 miles on it, but very well maintained and starts like a new vehicle), or the 1988 Chevy camper van with a 350 TBI V-8, with 61,000 original miles, mechanically sound, and steadily being completely refurbished.

Around town, or if I'm taking a trip for medical or recreation for which massive amounts of gear or a trailer aren't necessary, then we drive either a very well maintained 2006 4-cylinder Honda AWD that has over 150,000 miles on it, or a 2003 4-cylinder Toyota RAV4 4-WD that's also very well maintained, & just took me down for a week of radiation therapy in Anchorage, 360 miles each way, with ALL of my gear, cookware, tools emergency stuff, firearm, music, and all the food I needed for over a week of self-contained holing up in a hotel. It has well over 230,000 miles on it..

My favorite Subaru Loyale that got 33 miles to the US-gallon at 70 mph on the highway, and had 4-WD, had greater cargo space than my RAV4, and had a new motor in it before my youngest son performed a shitty head job on it..... that vehicle is unfortunately no longer here.

One trip to Aishihik Lake in August, the winds were so steady and fierce, they were front page headlines in the Whitehorse paper and top story on the local radio, including local CBC. My younger son and I never got my old 19' square stern Grumman canoe out on the water due to the winds on that lake, thus, when we weren't fishing for grayling at the dam, hiking, cooking, or eating, we went all through the predominantly vacant campground and picked up litter, as well as finding trinkets some had failed to gather or locate when they'd departed. We did that for over a week.

When we go remote for our annual ice fishing into the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, that's about 325 miles each way, hauling a 4-place 22' trailer, and when we go to Aishihik Lake hauling a boat trailer that's about 550 miles each way. Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon Territory are respectively about 625 and 670 miles each way from our home, but we no longer do those trips 2-3 times a year or more. When we did, many years ago, we worked in dental visits, reunions, lake trout fishing, etc. into those trips.

But I'd add, just because something is bad, is rarely a justification to make it worse without being conscientious about it.

And Alaska and the Yukon Territory are both somewhat vast, spread-out places that often have significant distances between places. Alaska is literally 2-1/2 times the size of Texas, so many places a person might need or want to travel to can be hundreds of miles apart..
I live in the country ,everyone in my area farms, I drive a GMC Sierra for work duty ,towing the boat for fishing ,perhaps a dozen times a season,I need it for winter driving ,and I use a camry hybrid the rest of the time. It gets 4.2 lt/100km which is over 65 mpg imperial. I have a couple of collector cars but they haven't been out in years . I don't fly anywhere,namely because I have no interest in visiting other countries when the beauty is right at my doorstep. I have never been on a cruise ship . I put about 15000 km total on all my vehicles in a year. When I drive there is rarely garbage on the backroads in my area, and wherever I go,I make sure that when I leave the area is cleaner than when I got there.

Dime

The 5th industrial revolution is here now, AI automation. Unskilled work will be obsolete

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

m sure you could correlate periods of economic growth with increased environmental impact
environmentalism is a luxury and to support todays population takes a lot of resources
Have never been on a cruise ship, but I've taken the Alaska Marine Highway ferries throughout SE Alaska where very little is connected by road, or when I needed to get a Harley from Prince Rupert, B.C. up to Skagway, Alaska, or other vehicles from Prince Rupert out to Prince of Wales Island or Ketchikan, or from Seattle or Bellingham to some point in SE Alaska.

Much of that was more frequent in 1979 through 1995, though not all.

I brought a camper van that had been fucked up by a shop in Yakima from Bellingham up to Skagway, in order to drive through the Yukon Territory and see friends on my way back up with the injured van in early winter a year and seven months ago..

And the Alaska Marine Highway Ferry System is literally considered a part of the State's highway system.

I haven't flown across the Atlantic to Europe since 1997, though I did fly to Australia to visit a forum member there nearly 6 years ago now. We toured much of Western Australia in his truck, after I first went from Brisbane to Nimbin by shuttle, then back to Brisbane, and flew out to Perth to meet him there.

Other than that, the flights on commercial aircraft I've taken to Seattle or Anchorage over the last 3 years have been for medical reasons.

When I drive to the Yukon, if I'm hauling a trailer, I either drive a 4.7 liter V-8 Toyota Tundra (a 2003 with over 220,000 miles on it, but very well maintained and starts like a new vehicle), or the 1988 Chevy camper van with a 350 TBI V-8, with 61,000 original miles, mechanically sound, and steadily being completely refurbished.

Around town, or if I'm taking a trip for medical or recreation for which massive amounts of gear or a trailer aren't necessary, then we drive either a very well maintained 2006 4-cylinder Honda AWD that has over 150,000 miles on it, or a 2003 4-cylinder Toyota RAV4 4-WD that's also very well maintained, & just took me down for a week of radiation therapy in Anchorage, 360 miles each way, with ALL of my gear, cookware, tools emergency stuff, firearm, music, and all the food I needed for over a week of self-contained holing up in a hotel. It has well over 230,000 miles on it..

My favorite Subaru Loyale that got 33 miles to the US-gallon at 70 mph on the highway, and had 4-WD, had greater cargo space than my RAV4, and had a new motor in it before my youngest son performed a shitty head job on it..... that vehicle is unfortunately no longer here.

One trip to Aishihik Lake in August, the winds were so steady and fierce, they were front page headlines in the Whitehorse paper and top story on the local radio, including local CBC. My younger son and I never got my old 19' square stern Grumman canoe out on the water due to the winds on that lake, thus, when we weren't fishing for grayling at the dam, hiking, cooking, or eating, we went all through the predominantly vacant campground and picked up litter, as well as finding trinkets some had failed to gather or locate when they'd departed. We did that for over a week.

When we go remote for our annual ice fishing into the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park & Preserve, that's about 325 miles each way, hauling a 4-place 22' trailer, and when we go to Aishihik Lake hauling a boat trailer that's about 550 miles each way. Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon Territory are respectively about 625 and 670 miles each way from our home, but we no longer do those trips 2-3 times a year or more. When we did, many years ago, we worked in dental visits, reunions, lake trout fishing, etc. into those trips.

But I'd add, just because something is bad, is rarely a justification to make it worse without being conscientious about it.

And Alaska and the Yukon Territory are both somewhat vast, spread-out places that often have significant distances between places. Alaska is literally 2-1/2 times the size of Texas, so many places a person might need or want to travel to can be hundreds of miles apart..
alaska is a different place man!
i hear a lot of it is only accessible by plane or boat!
we have a ferry here in san deigo that takes you to coronado! its a fun ride across the bay
a toyota with 240k/m on it is just broken in,my nissan pathfinder went for almost 500k (and a lot of those were rough off road miles) before she finally had to be put down
for hauling stuff you definitely want a larger vehicle, my sister just got her new gmc bft for her new horse trailer
Do you want me to adopt a fucking polar bear :ROFLMAO:

There is no shortage of them these days, and I could do with a nice rug in front of the wood fire, maybe I will get one

More rubbish

yes, yes i would

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
The 5th industrial revolution is here now, AI automation. Unskilled work will be obsolete
but this would have less impact on the enviroment
in the begining we were basicall using coal and other dirty fuels
we gradually move on to gas and oil
now we have renewables like solar and wind
nuclear is the way to go

there will always be unskilled labour in this world, its just being made more and more obsolete

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I wish the seals would vanish......
here in san diego we have seals and their population is growing
they are foul smell beasts!

/fun story:
i was once ocean swimming and i felt a tug on my flipper
"oh shit, SHARK!" i thought to myself (this is it)
when i look back its a flipping seal latched on my swim fin!
i kicked the shit out of him

Dime

but this would have less impact on the enviroment
in the begining we were basicall using coal and other dirty fuels
we gradually move on to gas and oil
now we have renewables like solar and wind
nuclear is the way to go

there will always be unskilled labour in this world, its just being made more and more obsolete
I'm still not so sure about nuclear and if it's impact will be less or more in time. Our country runs on nuclear power and is owned by the country.Things like disposal,the treated water returned to the water table,possible meltdowns , and leaks may be worse than the current fuel we use. We had a pushback by the Natives when the gov wanted to transport spent rods through their land via the Great Lakes and possible contamination. I can understand the concern. On the other hand,nuclear power can satisfy the grid and future upgrades.