• Soon!

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • No Way!

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • I Just Wanna Watch!

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters
G

I'm eligible to receive the vax right now.

It's 3 weeks time until effective, from the date of vaccination, from what I've read and been told..

While there's LOTS of folks pointing to the reported rates of effectiveness, noting they are greater than the efficacy ratings for flu vaccine, I sure as hell wish folks would STOP comparing ANYTHING about this to the flu; IT'S NOT THE FLU!!!

A freelance journalist I know sent some link to Epoch Times this AM (NO, I DON'T read the Epoch Times as a rule; life is paranoid and hateful enough already) claiming 50 or 55 persons had died from the vax, though I can't remember if the report was limited to the US or ??

Same guy stated that an aging local activist was found dead in his bed a few days ago. Immediately he questions a correlation.

What I KNOW, is that in the case of -anything- fast and loose, new on the scene for any medical treatment, I'm a Missouri kinda' guy. You know? Missouri? 'The Show Me State.'

I'll be watching. I want 98% effectiveness, minimum, no palsy, no mortality from vaccines, and something greater than a 4 mos window for effectiveness/protection.

I'll be wearing an Elipse P100 half-mask, gloves, sanitizing stuff, and distancing the shit out of people I don't live with until then (limiting trips to the stores, etc.), and being a tad bit more assertive in carving out my personal spaces in populated settings.... one way or another.

And if you could slip in a nice 1-lb.+ broiled Aussie rock lobster tail with that, I'd be especially thankful. No drawn butter though. Just coconut oil, please.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just coconut oil on a lobster tail? Do you put coconut oil on popcorn?
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

G

Just coconut oil on a lobster tail? Do you put coconut oil on popcorn? View Image

Dietary changes. Meat proteins, to include dairy and most meats, feed cancer. Coconut oil is decent in flavor, and, thus far, isn't known to feed cancer. The lobster's a technical violation, and the butter would be 2 strikes if added, but I'm willing to celebrate with a coconut-oiled rock lobster. "A man's got to know his limitations." (Dirty Harry)

BudToaster

Veteran
waiting until a vaccine is not emergency use authorization ... i.e. some real world statistics.

i am still studying the mRNA type - i just don't like the design and i question the complicated protocol for administering the super frozen type.

plus, is every fucking vial tested? my dispensary tests the bud, the least the feds could do is test the vaccine. is it pure?

i would prefer a vaccine with more viral proteins presented and no viral RNA to infect my cells.

i think i already had covid and didn't die - sick for 3 days, recurring waves of illness every 3 weeks for several months. if it was covid i'm over it now. Almost 73 yo. it was the early version of covid, same spike protein as the mRNA vaccines code for.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
not sure whats up here, but 20 minutes has reported that only 1 in 10 health care workers are ready to take this vaccine, apparently the norm for flu vaccine is a third that take it. so I am surprised at this low rate of acceptance, but maybe it will increase as the weeks pass. this data came from just as the 1st vaccine got certified for use here.

Ten percent. Holy crap, it must be similar to real estate,,,Location Location Location.

Pushing over 90% with the health care workers and 70% of the qualifying old folks (that includes me).

Of course nothing is perfect, my daughter has an acquaintance that has had covid-19 twice now and since the symptoms were mild Jordan still refuses the mask. Her brother in law with type II diabetes has had to quarantine twice now while she cares not who she is around because she has it mild.
This attitude has cost her family over half their friends. This selfishness is a line that should not be crossed and was a deal breaker for many.

Some of the folks that catch covid-19 die.
As in dead, never to return, their lives cut short.

Oh yeah, the question. 9 out of 10 front line health care workers in my care area have been vaccinated. My appointment is still five days out. The list at the west end jab center has my name on it, spelled correctly.

1 in 10, I would have a hard time visiting for a jab if that was the rate in my area, mostly because I would worry about picking up the virus from the nurse who will be touching me (in a good way) which really ups the bad odds.

Gry

Veteran
waiting until a vaccine is not emergency use authorization ... i.e. some real world statistics.

i am still studying the mRNA type - i just don't like the design and i question the complicated protocol for administering the super frozen type.

plus, is every fucking vial tested? my dispensary tests the bud, the least the feds could do is test the vaccine. is it pure?

i would prefer a vaccine with more viral proteins presented and no viral RNA to infect my cells.

i think i already had covid and didn't die - sick for 3 days, recurring waves of illness every 3 weeks for several months. if it was covid i'm over it now. Almost 73 yo. it was the early version of covid, same spike protein as the mRNA vaccines code for.
Recall reading that the traditional route to production could not be done as the required number of people with the training and skill sets needed are no longer available. As in they have retired and not been been replaced because the methods being used currently are more profitable.

Cuba on the other hand has continued to train people to produce them using the traditional route. It is my understanding that Cuba currently has three different vaccines available which were produced using the traditional method requiring only normal refrigeration. The vaccines are targeted for South American countries.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just in case anyone is interested what Swiss Medic is saying about the side effects of covid 19 vaccine.

https://foph-coronavirus.ch/vaccination/side-effects-questions/

Side effects

Vaccines are authorised by Swissmedic only if they are safe and effective. They are thoroughly tested to this end.

The risk of serious complications of an infection with coronavirus is many times higher than the likelihood of suffering severe side effects of the COVID-19 vaccination. In other words: it is the coronavirus that poses a threat, not the vaccination.

Side effects can occur with any vaccination, but serious side effects are clearly the exception.

Pfizer/BioNTech have tested the vaccine in a trial with 43,000 participants. Half of the tested individuals received the COVID-19 vaccine, while the other half received an inactive placebo. The side effects experienced by the study participants were those commonly seen with any vaccination. Aside from mild local reactions around the injection site, the following side effects were observed in those injected with the COVID-19 vaccine:

Fatigue
Headache
Muscle pain
Shivering
Fever

These symptoms were short-lived. Four of the 43,000 or so study participants suffered severe side effects, including one case of temporary leg paralysis and one of cardiac arrhythmia. But such side effects occurred with equal frequency in both the vaccine and placebo groups, suggesting that the side effects were not caused by the vaccination.

Rare side effects, or those that occur after three months, have not yet been observed in the study. But the study results to date clearly demonstrate that the risks of coronavirus disease are much higher than the risks associated with the vaccine.

It is a similar story for the side-effects of the Moderna vaccine: half of the 30,000 or so people taking part in the trial were given the COVID-19 vaccine, while the other half received a placebo. Here too the symptoms were classic. In addition to minor reactions around the injection site, the following side-effects were observed:

Fatigue
Headache
Muscle pain
Joint pain
Shivering

Serious adverse side effects (for example heart attack, inflammation of the gall bladder and kidney stones) were reported as infrequently for trial subjects given the Moderna vaccine as for those who were not given a vaccine (0.6% in each case). In the trial there was no indication of these events having been triggered by the COVID-19 vaccination.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
We will get it as soon as we can but we are probably a few months away, so well clear of being early adopters. I am really sick and tired of living like a fucking mole person. And in a year or two, I will want to revive our cancelled international travel plans and there is no way I would go anywhere without it. And it will probably be required anyway.

BudToaster

Veteran
and in california ...

One particular community vaccination clinic reported up to 10 allergic reactions to the vaccine within a 24-hour period, considered an unusually high number. State officials say the expected rate of reaction to similiar vaccines is normally around 1 in 100,000.

The name and location of the clinic was not released, but the facility switched to a different lot of Moderna vaccines after closing for several hours. No other cluster of allergic reactions has been reported.

State officials are investigating what happened at the clinic and in the meantime State Epidemiologist Dr. Erica S. Pan recommends that doses from Moderna lot 41L20A not be distributed for now.

"Out of an extreme abundance of caution and also recognizing the extremely limited supply of vaccine, we are recommending that providers use other available vaccine inventory and pause the administration of vaccines from Moderna Lot 041L20A until the investigation by the CDC, FDA, Moderna and the state is complete," Pan said Sunday. "We will provide an update as we learn more."

yeah, i'm gonna wait a while.

G

and in california ...

yeah, i'm gonna wait a while.

Alaska had at least 3 healthcare workers experience allergic in the first batch of vaccines, and I believe at least 2 of them were in Juneau.

In the cases where these reactions are popping up, especially your excerpt of 10, it seems it is either a bad batch, or poor handling.

But if those were the causes, why would there not have been more of the reactions?

Gry

Veteran
Been told all my life that we live in a free market. How many of us are being provided the option of being able to select from the many different vaccines which are now available. Free market my sweet ass, the deck stacking bastards hate the very notion.

BudToaster

Veteran
and this recently released study ...

Cross-reactive SARS-CoV-2 peptides revealed pre-existing T cell responses in 81% of unexposed individuals and validated similarity with common cold coronaviruses, providing a functional basis for heterologous immunity in SARS-CoV-2 infection. Diversity of SARS-CoV-2 T cell responses was associated with mild symptoms of COVID-19, providing evidence that immunity requires recognition of multiple epitopes. Together, the proposed SARS-CoV-2 T cell epitopes enable identification of heterologous and post-infectious T cell immunity and facilitate development of diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic measures for COVID-19.

and the mRNA vaccines only present one epitope, the S protein. but maybe that allows the vaccinee to have enough time to develop a broader immune response before covid can take them out. but immunity from the shot, probably not.

G

and this recently released study ...

and the mRNA vaccines only present one epitope, the S protein. but maybe that allows the vaccinee to have enough time to develop a broader immune response before covid can take them out. but immunity from the shot, probably not.

I had thought the general understanding all along was that the vax would not prevent transmission or contraction, but merely lessen symptoms, which is why, in some social scenarios, it may cause greater spread among those who are not vaccinated, could/would it not?

As posted the other day, there's already folks who are flying high and loose on hook-up sites, claiming they have their vax, yet, if the vax doesn't knock out the contraction and transmission, then what we have are somewhat protected stealth carriers.

Or am I assuming too much?

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I won’t take it. Not because I’m anti vaccine. I just don’t trust this vaccine.

Dr. Simone Gold on Covid19.

She was a normal treating doctor at Adventist Health Bakersfield hospital.

She was fired for giving a patient Hydroxychloroquine, for Covid19.

She describes the Long history of safe HCQ usage, 1964 to 2019.

Adventist Health Bakersfield disclosed to her in writing that this policy "came down" from one of the bigger health insurance companies.

She doesn't say the name of the company in this video.

"The top five largest health insurance companies:
UnitedHealthcare*- 70 million.
Anthem*- 39.9 million.
Aetna*- 22.1 million.
Cigna Health*- 20.4 million.
Humana - 16.6 million."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFntHpk1uok&feature=emb_logo

Latest posts

Latest posts