What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Tonatiuhs 8K Dreamquest

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one more perma frost

picture.php

Jack the Ripper...havnt flowered her out in a while,good to have her back healthy and in rotation again.i have 2 in the room atm,the other one is really big and close to the light also,it was hard to get a full plant shot of her but i did get a few cola shots off her.
this is the other one

picture.php

picture.php

casey jones...another leggy chik,stretched like crazy but next run ill have a better handle on her i hope and can keep it in check.with the exception of the bubbas,jtr and the black domina all these strains in this set are first runs for me

casey jones...

picture.php

picture.php

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
couple shots off the other jack the ripper,
there are a few nice branches on there but i couldnt really get a good shot,
ill get one soon though...i can just picture her when shes finished.JTR doesnt really fatten up until the last leg....shell be greasy velvet to the touch real soon though..

picture.php

picture.php

peace-T-

Last edited:

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol milo....

did a quick search,
permafrost is....

mother trainwreck x father white widow

:tiphat:

peace-T-

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Wow Amazing, i love those long colas in this round! also love the casey and the strawberry! one of my favorite smokes!

did u changed anything so far i nthis run to the previous ones?

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oak-i wentback to my old soil mix i used for years.these last 4 or so runs have been with a different soil i was trying.im glad i went back,i can see the link that was missing coming back together.
peace-T-

milo-no problem maing.i know the feeling :D
peace-T-

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Strawberry kush and PF look awesome

Think I see a nanner or a seed forming on the PF. #1641 first pic lower bud

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
all day 30

this is the fruity bubba cut,smells like mango/papaya/pineapple/fruity its nothing like any bubba i ever grew,i dont even think its any bubba at all but it was labeled as such when i got it.if anyone can help me put a finger on what this might be id appreciate the info.
i wish all you guys could smell this chik,its a treat for sure.

View Image

View Image
man i love the sound of the AROMA of that fruity bubba, bubba or not.
we need oderoma or atleast scratch n sniff.

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sirsmoke-thanks man,yea that strawberry smells like strait fuel,should be nice when finished.
good eye too on the nanners.
peace-T-

buhb-me and you both.
peace-T-

silver-wattup maing.thanks for droppin thru.
lol sirsmoke has the snyper eyes.
glad he does too,i probably wouldve missed them for another week :D
now atleast i can keep an eye on them.
peace-T-

bug-lol ryt?!
would be dope to have a send button for smells...
the one who makes tht is a bajillonair!
peace-T-

yes,the permafrosts are throwing nanners,good eye sirsmoke...idk what to do now,i really dont want to cull them.i think tomorrow ill see about picking them off but with 4 weeks+ to go idk if theyll make it...might be heat stress doing it,its been getting up to around 82-85 some days.hoping i can get them to harvest without them causing any damage.
before when i ran ffa she always threw nanners around day 65 or so.i would let her finish up and it never did any damage.how do you guys deal with nanners?
cull before any damage is done or pick them off?

peace-T-

SourDank

Veteran
Always fun doin a run with a bunch of new ladies, you never know what's gonna check every box for you. Looking real good man.

And I'll usually pick a few of them off as long as it's just nanners n not balls, but if they keep coming back with numbers then I'll toss em. But I do give them a fair shot, because sometimes it's our fault, like the heat you mentioned, and if its in check they won't come back. I guess for me it just depends on when they come, how many there are, and how the round has been going. If there is a lot of stuff real early it just may not be worth the risk of fucking up the round.

Pragma

Looking great as usual Tona :)

If its not a lot of plants just spend a good 10-15 minutes a day checking for nanners and just pullin em out.

I'd recommend taking a wet tissue using it to store the nanners as u find em while also dampening ur finger tips with it to help stop pollen flying out as u pluck the bananas. Yep this boy's had some nanner experience lol.

For me it was always heat or hard to notice light leaks. Same cuts that threw nanners didn't in other grows so don't sweat it and cull yet imho.

By the way have you had any experience with Biker Kush v2 ?
Got a tester pack of biker kush x stardawg that I got veggin atm.
High expectations lol.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Sour dank for da win

Yeah they call me eagle eye everywhere I go.
Bro I hate being the bearer of bad news. Seems like I got eyes for nanners and bugs. Visit friends they be like I'm bug free don't trip then i go and spot a mite and whitefly in 2 seconds

Nanners aside she looks great i do exactly what SD suggested

Got a couple ladies that are high maintenance if it's not ����it gets scarey
Culled most finicky girls not worth the worry

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup peoples,quick update...
i went thru the 5 permafrosts (aka hermafrost) took me about 2.5 hours but i picked them as clean as i could,im sure some damage has been done but hopefully it was minimal.
im at day 38 today,i just want to get them to at least day 50 if i can and then ill chop them. i went n seen another grow yesterday with some permafrosts at about 50,not one nanner on the whole run,so it was for sure something on my part.either really nute or heat sensitive im thinking.im gonna just keep an eye on them and if i need to take them before 50 days i will.other then that the rest of the run is doing pretty decent....

SD-ya man,i think theyre gonna keep coming back but im gonna try to pick at them for then next 12 days or so,im gonna start giving them just water and mollasses next feed.
at least i know its not the strain itself but something that set it off.
thanks for the reply.
peace-T-

pragma-sup homie....thanks for the knowledge,always appreciated.
i had a cup of water i was dropping them in after removing them.also i had a wet q tip i was dabbing the area w to prevent any pollen from being able to fly.
i hope i can bring them along a little longer but honestly idk if i will let them go the 50.
peace-T-

heady-wattup maing,glad you could make it....every seat is a front row :D
peace-T-

sirsmoke-ryt on bro,thats a good eye to have....im surprised you didnt see the gnats im dealing with :D
i been battling them for a few days,i put sticky traps everywhere.watered w some stuff called BMC...tonight im gonna top dress with DE.(diamotacious earth)
any other suggestions or tips on getting rid of them?i havnt had them in a couple years.
peace-T-