What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

MIGreenman

One of the male Zacatecas tribute went full herm by last Wednesday and was removed.
Of the 5 females I have 3 are now showing nanners as well as pistils and the other 2 females look like they’re about to do the same and throw some balls.

Do the ZT have the same sensitivity to indoor light cycles as the Purple Satellite?
Hey cactus, I've had some similar problems with nanners only with the pineapple banana bud. My last harvest in the fall. I saw your running a high powered Gavita which is similar in profile and brightness to the fluence fixtures I have and I can say that light shock may be an issue. I have found that backing the light off with a little extra distance and or applying 20% or more on the dimmer helps these issues. I also find that clones from the original seed mothers are more stable and performed better for me. I know you're supposed to be able to put these lights right down on top of the canopy like 6 in but that is only with CO2 supplementation. Otherwise I have to back them off. My two cents. Very frustrating man. Believe me

Taima-da

Fwiw I had a full herm PIneapple banana bud outdoors this year and a strange amount of anomalous seed in one plant last year. That said I love this strain, great structure, vigour, effect, terps and yield.

All of Vman's crosses that I have tried (MG,GMG,PBB so far with ZT yet to run) have really really great terps.

Cactus Squatter

Hey cactus, I've had some similar problems with nanners only with the pineapple banana bud. My last harvest in the fall. I saw your running a high powered Gavita which is similar in profile and brightness to the fluence fixtures I have and I can say that light shock may be an issue. I have found that backing the light off with a little extra distance and or applying 20% or more on the dimmer helps these issues. I also find that clones from the original seed mothers are more stable and performed better for me. I know you're supposed to be able to put these lights right down on top of the canopy like 6 in but that is only with CO2 supplementation. Otherwise I have to back them off. My two cents. Very frustrating man. Believe me
Yeah, that is the only thing I can figure caused it. That light is pretty damn intense.
I already have the light raised well above them but need to buy a controller so I can dim it a little when I first put them in.

vermontman

MULANJE GOLD
My tamed down line,

127_1828.JPG

vermontman

Remember seeing you on strainly before Maybe that was purple punch long time ago w/your logo

People want that Mnt Gold!!!

Nice work with the Mulanji

Keep that Line!:biggrin:
Hello HG!
Thank you!
Nope wasn't me with Purple punch! but I remember the name but certainly different genetics.
Don't worry Mulanje is a THC A/V beast!
I just crossed her again with my original green line of Oaxacan Gold
cheers buddy!

Zembretti

That sounds terrific!
can you post pics?
Yes I have one pic, but ist's not very detailed. You can see the purple colour comes through in the buds. I harvested this plant around the 20th of October, 2022. I'm at 50 degrees north. I liked that the PS added a nice warm glow to the high, maybe from the Napalese genes, and the Zamaldelica and the Oaxacan gave it clarity and a heightened sense - somewhat psychedelic. I'll certainly grow this again. Also I crossed that plant with Golden Tiger X Sinai. I call it the United Nations hybrid, and I look forward to planting that F1 too.

Attachments

• Zam X PS.jpg
    Zam X PS.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

MIGreenman

Just got some Mountain Gold for next year. In terms of growth habit, do the bottom branches grow from the beginning of growth, or do they hold tight till a meter up like most Purple Satellite?
Purple sat is our go to at the moment. Starting to get a handle on calyx size, resin size and aromas, #3 out of 4 has a proper night time effect - largest calyx and resin, most low end aromas. The smallest resin and thinnest calyx, with most of that 'effervescent' high note aromas is our daytime pheno, wears off easy. So happy to find a real Septoria resistant winner. I'll post that info on that thread.

Mandala have just out a Satori x Mountain Gold, hadn't heard of Satori before, she looks and sounds nice.

You have spread your seeds far and wide, bringing love to many a heart, thanks
Just ordered a pack of satori/mountain gold from mandala. I over-soaked and destroyed five of the last 6 zac seeds I had when I left town while they were soaking. Duh. so pissed. So I wanted another zac tribute pack but they were sold out. The Satori is a nepalese sativa hybrid- I have never tried personally, but sounds like fun.

MIGreenman

Found some time this afternoon. Seeds popped 12/9. Into 1gal 12/26. Culled a male on 1/7. Flipped Jan 8. Tp'ed to 5gal on 1/12.

First pic taken on 1/10, Next 2 today. Note the double serration in the last pic. Is that typical for the ZT?

View attachment 18802153 View attachment 18802154 View attachment 18802155 View attachment 18802156
V man says the double serration comes from the Oaxacan. These are my three ZacT's at 21 days flowering under 11/13 schedule. Lots of serrated leaves on 2 of the three plants. One smells like bubblegum and the other like purple fruit. So far so good!

Attachments

• PXL_20230314_163828168.jpg
    PXL_20230314_163828168.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20230314_163945964.jpg
    PXL_20230314_163945964.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20230314_164025561.jpg
    PXL_20230314_164025561.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230314_164055713.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230314_164055713.PORTRAIT.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20230314_164121403.jpg
    PXL_20230314_164121403.jpg
    977.3 KB · Views: 60

vermontman

V man says the double serration comes from the Oaxacan. These are my three ZacT's at 21 days flowering under 11/13 schedule. Lots of serrated leaves on 2 of the three plants. One smells like bubblegum and the other like purple fruit. So far so good!
Hey MG!
Terrific looking grow you have going there!
Looks like your getting ready for some serious stacking.