What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

Nannymouse

NW North Dakota, Farmerlion country. Second coldest state (so i've read) and we were in severe drought until last year. and man, did we get the snow, this year. But, it's been weird winter, having weeks of 'above freezing highs' in Jan/Feb. Three blizzards in a row in Dec.

I've gotten to sample some of your genetics and enjoyed them all, and have crosses that i'll probably never be able to grow due to the anti-weed nature of politics, here. Thanks for doing what you do!

Cactus Squatter

One of the male Zacatecas tribute went full herm by last Wednesday and was removed.
Of the 5 females I have 3 are now showing nanners as well as pistils and the other 2 females look like they’re about to do the same and throw some balls.

Do the ZT have the same sensitivity to indoor light cycles as the Purple Satellite?

vermontman

One of the male Zacatecas tribute went full herm by last Wednesday and was removed.
Of the 5 females I have 3 are now showing nanners as well as pistils and the other 2 females look like they’re about to do the same and throw some balls.

Do the ZT have the same sensitivity to indoor light cycles as the Purple Satellite?
Hey Cactus!
No not at all that I have ever observed or ever ever heard about from anyone else ever!
But man sorry for that, but it seems like something may be wrong there, not sure what;s going on? Man I have brought Zacatecas in and out of cycle, from outdoors back indoors into LED light, back out and then back in again under a different cycle, never skipping a beat.

Cactus Squatter

Yeah, I’m not sure why it’s happening and I’m really hoping at least 2 of them turn out ok. I’ve got some other strains in the same tent with no signs of it, and there’s no light leaks.
Weirdness happens, I know my tents run drier than others so maybe that’s what stressed them.

They’re under a Gavita 1700e in organic soil.

vermontman

Yeah, I’m not sure why it’s happening and I’m really hoping at least 2 of them turn out ok. I’ve got some other strains in the same tent with no signs of it, and there’s no light leaks.
Weirdness happens, I know my tents run drier than others so maybe that’s what stressed them.

They’re under a Gavita 1700e in organic soil.
Hello @Cactus Squatter
I hope at least two work for you also.
A couple of weeks ago I started Silver Thiosulphate treatment on a Zacatecas female to turn her male to make feminized seed today I sprayed her for the 3rd time and she seems already to be a bit more stubborn to turn than when I did my feminized Green Mountain Grape project.
Well hang in and keep us posted.

MIGreenman

A little update on my one Zacatecas Tribute.

She's nearing the end of week 5 of 12/12. I'm a little surprised she's not very tall - 36" this morning and it appears she's stopped growing. I have her in a 5Gal pot hoping to keep her on the small side due to limited space. Very Christmas tree shaped, but I've tied up the widest branches to prevent too much spreading. Buds are filling in nicely. Not much smell yet. Here's some pics from this morning.

View attachment 18809256 View attachment 18809257 View attachment 18809258
Really like the frost on that one! I have three zac fems out of six seeds so I will be flowering in the next few weeks.

Greencedar

I took a jar of 4 month cured GMG green pheno ice fishing with some pals last week. Everybody loved the smell she puts out when you crack the jar. The cedar/pine is really strong and clean and the fruity taste when smoked is very nice and smooth. I brought a few jars of different strains and GMG was a lot of peoples favourite. Funny thing is some of the other strains were indoor grown long flowering sativas. It's always great when easy growing sun grown weed is the favorite. There were more than a few laughing episodes in the ice huts and it was great all day smoke with no real crash and a high ceiling. The buds cure great and break up in a grinder and roll with ease. Perfect bud structure for what I like. GMG is one of my all time favs (it checks a hell of a lot of boxes). Thanks VM!

vermontman

I took a jar of 4 month cured GMG green pheno ice fishing with some pals last week. Everybody loved the smell she puts out when you crack the jar. The cedar/pine is really strong and clean and the fruity taste when smoked is very nice and smooth. I brought a few jars of different strains and GMG was a lot of peoples favourite. Funny thing is some of the other strains were indoor grown long flowering sativas. It's always great when easy growing sun grown weed is the favorite. There were more than a few laughing episodes in the ice huts and it was great all day smoke with no real crash and a high ceiling. The buds cure great and break up in a grinder and roll with ease. Perfect bud structure for what I like. GMG is one of my all time favs (it checks a hell of a lot of boxes). Thanks VM!
Hello @Greencedar !
I love stories like that! I have no doubt it is the Oaxacan in the Grape and my other crosses that gives that laughing effect. I honestly just really enjoy seeing other people happy.
By the way you are more than welcome and,
THANK YOU!

RobFromTX

Mandala Seeds in Spain is a good source, and there are numerous others. Check Seedsman and Real Gorilla too
Hey texas tea i had a question. Ive been wanting to grow out my ace honduras and im thinking of throwing a few zacatecas in the mix. Do you think these 2 strains would vibe well together? Keep in mind i plan to start them in one gallons to limit height. I just wanted to get your two cents. Youre the only guy on here i can think of thats mastered just about everything in Aces catalog :cool:

Cactus Squatter

Hey texas tea i had a question. Ive been wanting to grow out my ace honduras and im thinking of throwing a few zacatecas in the mix. Do you think these 2 strains would vibe well together? Keep in mind i plan to start them in one gallons to limit height. I just wanted to get your two cents. Youre the only guy on here i can think of thats mastered just about everything in Aces catalog :cool:
From what I’ve seen growing both strains, the Honduras is going to rapidly outgrow the Zac Tribute. All of the Honduras and Honduras crosses I’ve grown are insanely vigorous. The Zac tribute was very uniform growing and manageable in an indoor setup.

RobFromTX

From what I’ve seen growing both strains, the Honduras is going to rapidly outgrow the Zac Tribute. All of the Honduras and Honduras crosses I’ve grown are insanely vigorous. The Zac tribute was very uniform growing and manageable in an indoor setup.
Much thanks. Yeah thats what i was worried would happen. idk i might just play mad scientist. i love me some mexican sativas

Cactus Squatter

My one remaining Zacatecas Tribute is coming along nicely. Smells really sweet, kind of like a sugar cookie or something.
This is one of the females that ended up throwing a few balls early on but in a weird way. They were always a solitary ball here and there, and they never really opened up. Just sat there for a while and then dried up. They have all since fallen off without dropping any pollen.

The plant is happy now and chugging along.
AD67FBEA-6AA6-4AEC-90BC-90D552B1A2ED.jpeg

RobFromTX

My one remaining Zacatecas Tribute is coming along nicely. Smells really sweet, kind of like a sugar cookie or something.
This is one of the females that ended up throwing a few balls early on but in a weird way. They were always a solitary ball here and there, and they never really opened up. Just sat there for a while and then dried up. They have all since fallen off without dropping any pollen.

View attachment 18815501
Shes a beauty (y)

vermontman

View attachment 18815501
YEEAAAA! No balls!

mr.pistil

My experience also. My ZT is 36" at best in a 5 gal, the Honduras is in a 7 Gal and is 7+' tall. Both same age. I've had to bend her (Hon) over and supercrop the hell out of her. Take a look at some pics in the Honduras thread #657 if you haven't already. She has completely taken over a 4" sq space.

MIGreenman

A little update on my one Zacatecas Tribute.

She's nearing the end of week 5 of 12/12. I'm a little surprised she's not very tall - 36" this morning and it appears she's stopped growing. I have her in a 5Gal pot hoping to keep her on the small side due to limited space. Very Christmas tree shaped, but I've tied up the widest branches to prevent too much spreading. Buds are filling in nicely. Not much smell yet. Here's some pics from this morning.

View attachment 18809256 View attachment 18809257 View attachment 18809258
Looking great my friend. I have three Zacks at about week number two. I'll wait a few weeks till they are more photogenic. Also want to add that I had to get mine from Mandela and they may still have some stock for those looking

MIGreenman

My experience also. My ZT is 36" at best in a 5 gal, the Honduras is in a 7 Gal and is 7+' tall. Both same age. I've had to bend her (Hon) over and supercrop the hell out of her. Take a look at some pics in the Honduras thread #657 if you haven't already. She has completely taken over a 4" sq space.
My experience with Ace gear exactly. Many of the mostly pure sativas in their catalog I ran during the pandemic like 12 of them. They were all crazy. Vigorous.