What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vecker

One of my GMGs has started to flower.
IMG_2086.jpeg

The other two have not. I like this green stem pheno the best though. They’re all over 9 feet.

IMG_2087.jpeg

vermontman

One of my GMGs has started to flower.
View attachment 19029737

The other two have not. I like this green stem pheno the best though. They’re all over 9 feet.

View attachment 19029738
Hello @vecker!
Its starting to happen for sure on your trees! Some of the Green Mountain Grape will come in as early as the end of August, though Mid Sept is more usual, thank you for your update! All the magnificent gardens above are a joy to see!
CHEERS!

moose/MI

Pollen collection this morning before all the rain from my small Mountain Gold seed reproduction.

I'm getting nervous as far as all the gals that are going to be flowering soon.
With Green Mountain Grape leading the way.
I want to finish my collecting and destroy the males soon.

I set up the glass of water on a mirror by the window in a seldom used room.
My thoughts were when the rain stopped and they dried up I'd top the 3 males and put them inside to collect some more pollen. Clean up everything else in the back yard and be done at least a week before flowering begins

How's that idea run with everybody?
Then I would follow Vermontman's suggestions on drying, storing and freezing.

Attachments

• 20240709_104145.jpg
    20240709_104145.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240709_114024.jpg
    20240709_114024.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240709_160502.jpg
    20240709_160502.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240708_092130.jpg
    20240708_092130.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35

vermontman

Pollen collection this morning before all the rain from my small Mountain Gold seed reproduction.

I'm getting nervous as far as all the gals that are going to be flowering soon.
With Green Mountain Grape leading the way.
I want to finish my collecting and destroy the males soon.

I set up the glass of water on a mirror by the window in a seldom used room.
My thoughts were when the rain stopped and they dried up I'd top the 3 males and put them inside to collect some more pollen. Clean up everything else in the back yard and be done at least a week before flowering begins

How's that idea run with everybody?
Then I would follow Vermontman's suggestions on drying, storing and freezing.
Yes absolutely collect pollen! Make sure you get rid of all other extraneous plant material before storage, to keep pollen dry in a vial in the fridge for shorter periods of time and freeze for long storage. Remember to bring vial to room temp before opening to avoid condensation on the pollen, which will kill it.
Hope that helps!

ilovegrowing

Gmg f2 purple, about one month cure

The look is really silver now, very bright and shiny. The smells are now turning more to the mothers bouqet and loose a bit the berry/grapiness/sweetness and develop more spice notes. High is getting better and more balanced. Friendly, a bit up and dreamy but clear.
03C45462-873F-4C38-BFF2-5FC2F550B3E1.jpeg

@vermontman

All the best for your car checkup! :) good that you are getting this done!

vermontman

Gmg f2 purple, about one month cure

The look is really silver now, very bright and shiny. The smells are now turning more to the mothers bouqet and loose a bit the berry/grapiness/sweetness and develop more spice notes. High is getting better and more balanced. Friendly, a bit up and dreamy but clear.
View attachment 19030459

@vermontman

All the best for your car checkup! :) good that you are getting this done!
Awesome silver there! And thank you for your kind words, and also for your smoke report.
CHEERS!