What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

moose/MI

I have my first pistil.
Surprisingly it's not my GMGrape but on my severely stressed and restricted Mountain Gold females that were not selected for a seed reproduction.

Way over my allotment, I tried giving them away but nobody really knows what I'm doing. So I kept them in case something opened up.

Yesterday I started cutting them up for clone practice. Even though I don't have any plans for them. Maybe something will turn up
On another note these same stressed MG plants have some aphids.

7 varieties and these are the only plants with aphids including other MG plants that were treated better.
So again, I'm putting it down to stress. Maybe affecting the brix?

Neat thing is I found a few green lacewing eggs on my Green Mountain Grape that doesn't have any aphids on it. 🤔
Maybe that's a good sign for my outdoor garden here at 42°N

Attachments

• 20240712_135658.jpg
    20240712_135658.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • 20240712_135718.jpg
    20240712_135718.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240712_135742.jpg
    20240712_135742.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240712_140414.jpg
    20240712_140414.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20240711_211502_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240711_211502_Photos.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

vermontman

I have my first pistil.
Surprisingly it's not my GMGrape but on my severely stressed and restricted Mountain Gold females that were not selected for a seed reproduction.

Way over my allotment, I tried giving them away but nobody really knows what I'm doing. So I kept them in case something opened up.

Yesterday I started cutting them up for clone practice. Even though I don't have any plans for them. Maybe something will turn up
On another note these same stressed MG plants have some aphids.

7 varieties and these are the only plants with aphids including other MG plants that were treated better.
So again, I'm putting it down to stress. Maybe affecting the brix?

Neat thing is I found a few green lacewing eggs on my Green Mountain Grape that doesn't have any aphids on it. 🤔
Maybe that's a good sign for my outdoor garden here at 42°N
Hi @moose/MI!
It is pretty cool how keeping plants under potted will spur early flower, and also love seeing the Lacewing egg.
Thank you for sharing!

moose/MI

Hi @moose/MI!
It is pretty cool how keeping plants under potted will spur early flower, and also love seeing the Lacewing egg.
Thank you for sharing!
Along those lines I have a question.

First, I had previously mis identified this as a GMG top that I cloned.
But after failing to show any purple I dug around and found the crumpled painters tape label and seen that it was in fact a labeling error.
It's the top of my Green MG that I'm doing the seed repro with. 😆 Not a GMG.

Now that's established. Here's this dandy MG clone in a 7 gallon on my porch. 🌱

If I've been paying attention and have this correct. 🤔
Leave it in this 7 gal until it's done stretching then up-pot it? Is that the advice?
Or is that only an inside trick and I should up-pot it now?

Attachments

• 20240710_120632.jpg
    20240710_120632.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240710_120705.jpg
    20240710_120705.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 26

vermontman

Along those lines I have a question.

First, I had previously mis identified this as a GMG top that I cloned.
But after failing to show any purple I dug around and found the crumpled painters tape label and seen that it was in fact a labeling error.
It's the top of my Green MG that I'm doing the seed repro with. 😆 Not a GMG.

Now that's established. Here's this dandy MG clone in a 7 gallon on my porch. 🌱

If I've been paying attention and have this correct. 🤔
Leave it in this 7 gal until it's done stretching then up-pot it? Is that the advice?
Or is that only an inside trick and I should up-pot it now?
Hey bud!
Great question! Keeping plants tightly potted is a terrific tool.
for keeping plants more manageable, as is slightly under watering. And up potting is another amazing tool. If plants are in the 3rd to 4fth week of flowering usually the stretch has stopped, and if kept slightly under potted not to crazy tall but showing slight signs of stress being to root bound. At this point up potting with good organic potting mix gives the plants another surge of vigor to flower out even more massive buds! True for indoor and outdoor culture.

ilovegrowing

Here another gmg f2, she is smelling super kushy. Reminds me a bit of bubba hash (bubba kush x hashplant). Gassy, earthy..

She started quite slow for a gmg an didnt have much stretch but is now going faster with bud development.

A32D69C3-B07C-483B-AF3B-E2F4E2544073.jpeg

vermontman

Here another gmg f2, she is smelling super kushy. Reminds me a bit of bubba hash (bubba kush x hashplant). Gassy, earthy..

She started quite slow for a gmg an didnt have much stretch but is now going faster with bud development.

View attachment 19031830
Hi @ilovegrowing!
Very interesting how you get throw back genes that can come in successive generation, it will very interesting to see if the grape or berry notes come in later. Please let us know and thank you for posting! As I had said earlier in this thread my brother is on f5 of Green Mountain Grape and he says it's been grape all the way.

ilovegrowing

Hi @ilovegrowing!
Very interesting how you get throw back genes that can come in successive generation, it will very interesting to see if the grape or berry notes come in later. Please let us know and thank you for posting! As I had said earlier in this thread my brother is on f5 of Green Mountain Grape and he says it's been grape all the way.
I smelled her again after i posted this, and i thought, oww there is a sweet grape 🍇 berry🍓🫐 note coming :) haha 😛

ilovegrowing

Gmg f2 purple in natural light, you see better what i mean with silver now
A288CDF8-FB95-424A-8B1D-1BF6D99FB54F.jpeg

This is gmg f2 kushytype in full structure
476896A2-159C-49AB-B95D-F0EB2CD59DA3.jpeg

Early budshot
1C9D6D9D-7814-4774-B1A3-755982E1E522.jpeg

Next is gmg f2 „lanky type“ about 10-14 days 11/13, i have put her in soil quite small out of a 7cm pot to a 10 liter pot,
big stretch on her.

I am very curios about her, i had a green f2 which i sadly lost by mislabeling, she had a big stretch too, good yield, very up positve, good aroma of berry/grape spice was fast and very vigorous. I was sad that i lost her.
Lets see what we will find.
All i can observe now is big stretch and purple on the lower stems and petioles. Maybe a purple leaning plant. Dont know if the green one i lost had purple on the stems.
I think not, but could be wrong.
DBC00EA7-C072-42B4-BED5-4E8C0807D853.jpeg

Gmg f2 lanky and kushy next to each other.

We are in the f2 line, so any recombination of genes can happen, or...? did i get this part of plant/breeding right? :) notice one pot is a bit smaller than the other
757C0E6B-FF60-4D37-9F2C-6B083EB303C9.jpeg

Its so much fun to discover genetics ❤️
It always excites me, mostly in good and sometimes in bad ways. Haha :)
Cheers! *liftmycupoftea

ilovegrowing

And this is (panama x bangi haze) x gmg f1 green male
8950BA5C-D8BE-417A-B597-75E10543E6D8.jpeg

In the last time i ve found some nanners on many plants. Also slightly on the mom of this cross.

My environment was off in many parameters in the last period of time/cycle (too hot soil with not the best ph, too hot on the tops, thrips, slightly malfunctioning timer of infrared light supplement and light leeks) but is on the way if getting better.

I was looking for failures today and found some little light leeks and disconnected the light supplement for once. Ph is also in the right spot now, new soil, and the lamp is more up.

I really want to learn and i think i am progressing, but i have to say, i think its quite easy to make a mistake if you dont know what leads to what. :) learning by doing hehe

Of this cross i sowed 5 seeds, i had one lanky male, this incredible vigorous lemon smelling bush, one unknown and two plants who first showed female pistils and then later switched to male flowers, never had that before.
At both plants you could see male and female preflowers flowers at the same time but on a different branch. I ve read something about it but im not sure if this normal and can happen, or if it were true hermaphrodites. I discarded them anyways.

And with just 5 seeds it could have been bad luck in the seeds i picked or in the gene lottery and i dont have the right parents. But i doesnt look so good for the cross or what do you think?

We will see how she develops, if i would have found her on the pic in just 1 seed i would be amazed

vermontman

Gmg f2 purple in natural light, you see better what i mean with silver now
View attachment 19032145
This is gmg f2 kushytype in full structure
View attachment 19032146
Early budshot
View attachment 19032147
Next is gmg f2 „lanky type“ about 10-14 days 11/13, i have put her in soil quite small out of a 7cm pot to a 10 liter pot,
big stretch on her.

I am very curios about her, i had a green f2 which i sadly lost by mislabeling, she had a big stretch too, good yield, very up positve, good aroma of berry/grape spice was fast and very vigorous. I was sad that i lost her.
Lets see what we will find.
All i can observe now is big stretch and purple on the lower stems and petioles. Maybe a purple leaning plant. Dont know if the green one i lost had purple on the stems.
I think not, but could be wrong.
View attachment 19032152
Gmg f2 lanky and kushy next to each other.

We are in the f2 line, so any recombination of genes can happen, or...? did i get this part of plant/breeding right? :) notice one pot is a bit smaller than the other
View attachment 19032153
Its so much fun to discover genetics ❤️
It always excites me, mostly in good and sometimes in bad ways. Haha :)
Cheers! *liftmycupoftea
Back in the day! We had a saying when someone broke out buds that we hoped looked nearly that nice.
SPARK EM UP!!! Do people still say that?
Awesome update!
Thank you!

moose/MI

I'm almost done with my Mountain Gold pollen collection/preservation.

I made up this mini dryer from a take out container and some dessicant beads.
Then into a jar of rice that I baked to prep it and into the freezer.

Attachments

• 20240713_235100.jpg
    20240713_235100.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240713_184532.jpg
    20240713_184532.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 46

vermontman

I'm almost done with my Mountain Gold pollen collection/preservation.

I made up this mini dryer from a take out container and some dessicant beads.
Then into a jar of rice that I baked to prep it and into the freezer.
Hello @moose/MI!
Great job on pollen collection and professional storage technique!
I spent a good part of today doing some more collection of FEM pollen myself, currently drying second batch, so on the same page.
CHEERS!

127_3312.JPG
127_3315.JPG

Last edited:

dilettante

Woho, what an enticing cross!
:woohoo:

Have you grown this out before?

Nope. I just made them last year. I have 9 plants going. Looks like 3 males and 6 females. 1 purple stemmed and also same habitus as the Purple Satellite. The other 8 are green and more beefy like the mother. Two plants stand out on the early stem rub. One lemony and the PS pheno is flowery/cherry. I have high hopes for the cross. I've been handing out seeds to everybody around, so hopefully will get some feedback from someone.

IMG_20240714_190519.jpg

IMG_20240714_190749.jpg

IMG_20240714_191120.jpg

IMG_20240714_191212.jpg

IMG_20240714_191151.jpg

vermontman

Nope. I just made them last year. I have 9 plants going. Looks like 3 males and 6 females. 1 purple stemmed and also same habitus as the Purple Satellite. The other 8 are green and more beefy like the mother. Two plants stand out on the early stem rub. One lemony and the PS pheno is flowery/cherry. I have high hopes for the cross. I've been handing out seeds to everybody around, so hopefully will get some feedback from someone.

View attachment 19032875

View attachment 19032876

View attachment 19032877

View attachment 19032878

View attachment 19032879
Hello @dilettante!
Great to see crosses with my genetics.
Hoping you a fruitful early harvest!

Latest posts

Latest posts