What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
they're marketed as something that hardens your flowers, I don't know exactly what that means but I don't see the need for em I guess. silica the 2 weeks before flush imo makes my nugs "harder" I guess, makes it burn better for sure.

jw23ck11

Veteran
I will run this next one without moab or any boosters. I'm also very curious if it's the veg time or moab. These photos are from a hortilux 1k

somoz

Veteran
Somoz, I run soil. Temps 73-82. No co2. rh 45%-55%

Right on, thanks for the info man. I run her in 100% organic beds with no boosters and haven't been able to make her push that hard. She swelled up real proper for you.

Ganjaganjakush

Been vegging 3 months or whenever Theres room. Better schedule will be 2 month veg under 600w mh.

I credit the size to genetics and lots of light. I can't feed just 1.0ec or they will yellow fast. My average is around 1.6-2.2 Ec every two or three days and water in between. . Just feed gh micro and bloom with potassium silica, calmag if needed, epsom salt to balance the 300ppm tap water. I up the pk with moab first 2 weeks of flower and last couple weeks. Then flush a week or so. Honestly think I can drop even more steps and get the same results. Went from 8 bottles of nutes to 3-4. Maybe cut out moab??? Maybe go jacks and cut everything out.
I just put up two of the 750 de gavitas and my jacks should be here today this run is about half way can't wait to see a full run with new set up, flowers are plumped there man gj

StoneyK

Veteran
Ive never used moab only pk 13/14 1 dose at week 2.
Im actually tryin moab this run under 1000 watters just started dosin em @1 tsp per 5gal (but only 15g worth in 20g res mix) an im at day 45 gonna go to 70 on a 1 month veg. My ec is at 1.3
I know they wont be like jw23s his were way more stacked early on, I only vegged 4 weeks under t8s, I wanna move to led to get a better stack tho, I think that metal halide in veg is really helpin you to get em that fat.

StoneyK

Veteran
This is what mine look like now
picture.php
picture.php

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Try a run with no MOAB see if there the same. I would be curious to see that data.

I don't use anything that made for bloom boost. I add some Humic Acid and Kelp a few times during flower. Both are high in P.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

You may not have the stacking like the other pictures but your quality is much more apparent. I wouldn't change a thing, MOAB is garbage, all it does is add plant biomass without additional potency.

StoneyK

Veteran
Damn thanks for the compliment RB !
Ive always heard good things about the moab an 0-50-30 products for early an late bloom, never used em tho.
You do make a good point tho, when does mass matter more than quality? I bet you get different answers depending on who ya ask. Commercial guys will be all about that mass all day long.
I guess we all love those big harvests but we really remember the ones done to perfection.
There are so many cases with plants where less is more... maybe this is just another one of those?

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Count me in on the no bloom boosters as well this past run. Just plain Jacks + Calnit! Going to try adding some MKP this go around and see how that goes

jw23ck11

Veteran
Whitelotus, that's pretty much exactly what I wanna start running. Jacks,calnit,and an mpk. Thanks to many posts on here including xxxxxstraight8xxx and yourself as well as lil greensprout and third coast and many many more on here proving your recipe works.

Purple frost byte is at a level I'm not at yet.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Appreciate the kind words JW23! I think its safe to say the majority of us are all here to help and learn from others! I literally learn something new everyday here and im very grateful for that

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Damn thanks for the compliment RB !
Ive always heard good things about the moab an 0-50-30 products for early an late bloom, never used em tho.
You do make a good point tho, when does mass matter more than quality? I bet you get different answers depending on who ya ask. Commercial guys will be all about that mass all day long.
I guess we all love those big harvests but we really remember the ones done to perfection.
There are so many cases with plants where less is more... maybe this is just another one of those?

There is no reason you can't have both. I don't use MOAB or anything like it. The GG4 yielded 2/light for me last run and hasn't tested under 30% yet (12 months worth of testing). I haven't even installed my Gavitas yet. There are lots of people getting great yields and great potencies without that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.