What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tardigrade

Dont let these companies put an end to all the hard work all the generations before us have fought for. We the people should be the ones to prosper and should be the suppliers. Support your local farmers real talk. fuck a corp. keep it local

AJAE

This plays in perfectly...

I could go to the farmer's market to get my eggs, but they want $8 a dozen for them. But instead, I can go to the big store, and get them for $3. I would rather keep the extra $5 in my pocket.

Some hours later, I am left with the same result...a bowl full of ashes...

I'm just a humble farmer. Like the many farmers before me, reality is a hard pill to swallow, but I realize I must accept it.

... the wine industry is the closest thing I compare it to. And i see high end wine prices so i believe this is the same too

not everyone can produce quality and thats plain and simple

AJAE

You are correct! Top shelf quality is the one thing that will command a higher price. Luxury goods still command premium prices in any market...and the glue is one example of a product so superior to the average offering that it will justify the relatively exorbitant cost. Strains like Josey's are the only thing that will allow us to survive in the years approaching.

Last edited:

DONAJTHEIII

This plays in perfectly...

I could go to the farmer's market to get my eggs, but they want $8 a dozen for them. But instead, I can go to the big store, and get them for $3. I would rather keep the extra $5 in my pocket.

Some hours later, I am left with the same result...a bowl full of ashes...

I'm just a humble farmer. Like the many farmers before me, reality is a hard pill to swallow, but I realize I must accept it.

You are correct! Top shelf quality is the one thing that will command a higher price. Luxury goods still command premium prices in any market...and the glue is one example of a product so superior to the average offering that it will justify the relatively exorbitant cost. Strains like Josey's are the only thing that will allow us to survive in the years approaching.

Again I have to disagree but respect your opinion. While you might go down to the big name store and like to keep that extra five bucks in your pocket I would rather get the product i know is better for me but ive also taken nutrition classes and am a med student.

So with that said I do spend the extra 5 bucks and get the milk at my market for 7.99 for half a gallon of my local farmers produce rather than the gallon of milk produced by the big corp companies. But thats just me im not rich either far from it a broke ass student to be exact aha

but thats why theres product out their that fits everyones need/budget.

Im just the type of person who will buy the organic local products for 4-5 bucks more because it makes me feel better that I know im putting a product into my body that is better for my health and overall helps keep local farms alive that use healthy and the right methods to produce their product. while you might not see the immediate results of buying non-organic milk I can promise you that theres a reason why its 3.99 a gallon vs 7.99 for a half gallon of the other stuff.

Neither of us are right or wrong just different which is why I said theirs a market for everyone.

Once again id rather pay 200 a zip for organic quality

than 100 bucks for some GMO chemically produced cancer bud from some greedy phonies

AJAE

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
get lucky i guess.
this male was found by Hummus monk in a pack of 91 Chem Skunk Va s1's from Cobcoop.

and in case you guys were wondering, the offspring is regular M/F.

but im not a scientist. so i cant explain how it works though.:tiphat:

Madlab, i only popped 6 seeds so far and got 5 females, 1 male. and like i mentioned, no intersex traits on any.

I believe there is some doubt about the cut cob(and others)got from Joe b being the skunk Va cut...not that it pertains to the s1 male issue...but if more seeds are being made..and spread..info is good to have..

KiefSweat

Veteran
those prices are wholesale production prices, you don't think there gonna pass the savings on to you, do you? The one shop i saw some glue in in town wanted like $45 an 8th. If there costs drop even less to produce it just means they made more money.

Jhhnn

Veteran
probably sooner than that…indoor market is gonna come crashing down even more, the writings on the wall. theres been talks of CO mega farms supplying lots of the herb to NY and NJ legal markets when it happens. rare dankness just posted an article about CO production that predicts indoors falling to 1200 a LB and 350 a LB for sun grown.

pardon if i missed something, but how exactly does one get an S1 male? i remember medman claiming he had an S1 male and people were all over his case calling BS.

Can you post a link to the rare dankness article?

Thanks!

jw23ck11

Veteran
REALLY DONT SEE HOW YOU COULD FRY THEM WITH 110V. im no expert for sure. sure you have checked your breakers.

Fry is the wrong word. Maybe blew a fuse but the ballast is solid so I prolly have to send them in. Both my gavita ballasts did the same thing. But my galaxy grow amp 1k fired right back up. I've switched bulbs, outlets, all breakers and wiring correct, and no fire up. My solution is to get another gavitas so I don't lose this glue and send these two in two repair. Most likely the problem is me, I just don't know it yet.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
probably sooner than that…indoor market is gonna come crashing down even more, the writings on the wall. theres been talks of CO mega farms supplying lots of the herb to NY and NJ legal markets when it happens. rare dankness just posted an article about CO production that predicts indoors falling to 1200 a LB and 350 a LB for sun grown.

pardon if i missed something, but how exactly does one get an S1 male? i remember medman claiming he had an S1 male and people were all over his case calling BS.

The only way that's gonna happen is if the feds change the scheduling. No way huge op's are gonna be sending herb to NY, while breaking federal laws. Shit the feds can go in a shut these places down now if they want, just because. Give them a real reason(like sending product across state lines) and the shit storm would get real bad.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Considering I can harvest 15#/4-5x a year, I could still make a decent living at 1200$/#.

That's only 8 lights.

Can do a lot of golfing during the summer while my peers slave in the sun on a road repair crew or some other miserable shit.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
I believe there is some doubt about the cut cob(and others)got from Joe b being the skunk Va cut...not that it pertains to the s1 male issue...but if more seeds are being made..and spread..info is good to have..

Most definitely. Im all about having the correct info.
I didnt know cob got his cut from JB. that does make it confusing.
I always wanna know the correct lineage. not cause i plan on selling seeds.. but just cause im a weed nerd.
I bought Bodhi's The Fuzz (Chem 91 JB cut x appy) thinking it was the skunk va cut used. Then bodhi told me it was the JB cut.
At first i was disappointed, but let me tell you, that JB cut must be amazing and related to other chems somehow, cause the Fuzz was straight chemmy, burnt rubber, skunky, gas.
(fwiw, Bodhi told me that the Skunk Va cut is more like OG smoke, and the JB cut is like a funky ass Sour D.)

But...I gotta say, cob's cut sure looks a lot more like Skunk Va's cut than JB's cut.

Cobcoop's picture of his Chem 91 (the one that Swerve stole. lol
picture.php

Skunk Va's picture of his Chem 91
picture.php

picture.php

Joe B's picture of his Chem 91 cut
picture.php

picture.php

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
What makes it even more confusing is that Joe actually had the real skunk va 91 as well and passed that out as well as this other cut , too.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Dont let these companies put an end to all the hard work all the generations before us have fought for. We the people should be the ones to prosper and should be the suppliers. Support your local farmers real talk. fuck a corp. keep it local

AJAE

exactly how i feel, it all comes down to the consumers. they will dictate what herb sells the most with their wallets. unfortunately, based on studies in Colorado, they figure that 80% of the pot market cares more about price than quality. hopefully thats just the case in CO because of all the tourists and their undeveloped tastes for cannabis.

i know here in CA at least, people have no problem paying more to smoke better. mid grade does not move locally it gets hashed or sent out of state. the only time i see people trying to save money is by buying shake or popcorn to smoke, but its still from high quality flowers.

it would be awesome to see river rock come and set up their 10million dollar greenhouses, only to have to close up shop because none of the locals buy their shitty herb. and hopefully some of the emerald triangle outlaws sabotage that shit as well.

the ones who built and kept this movement going for the past decades are the ones who deserve to profit, not some corporate hedge fund manager and his banker buddies who decided to get into this in the last few years. they fund big ops and pay workers dirt cheap to grow and it is easily seen in their mediocre product.

onavelzy

Veteran
...pardon if i missed something, but how exactly does one get an S1 male? i remember medman claiming he had an S1 male and people were all over his case calling BS.

Yes4, sex determination in plants is kinda whacky compared to animals. but even animal genetics can get whacky about that "trait". here's a link to a post from Dank.Frank about the development of the Stank Bros Super Silver Chemdog Haze male. The plant was initially a phenotypic female (see the pic in the thread). when cloned out, all the clones grew exclusively male with no female expression.

I've read a few other examples of plants that should have been female based on the accepted genetic make up (such as S1's) but grew male both phenotypically and also with 50/50 M::F offspring ratios.

There are likely genetic blocks, perhaps triggered by environmental conditions, that prevent the phenotypic expression of maleness, allowing the plant to show a more generic female appearance.

There are parallels in animals, even in humans. Embryologically, we humans all start out with a female appearance. Early on, embryos with a Y chromosome begin making testosterone. That hormone changes the embryo appearance into that of males
Here's a link that has some pictures of males that externally look completely female. They are genotypically male (46XY) but due to a gene defect that corrupts the cell receptors for testosterone, their cells can't pick up the testosterone that will ultimately change them over into a male appearance.

To finally try to answer your question, maybe the original plant that produced the S1 seeds was a male.

Phenotypic expression of gender in cannabis i think does tend to follow whether or not there is a Y chromasome but there is defnitely more to it than that. Apparent genetic males, such as the SSCDH male by Phillthy, can appear female. They can later revert to male phenotype. What triggers that is unknown.

Someone in an earlier thread suggested that "Dudding" may be from a genetic cause. Possibly some trigger happens that shuts down the production of trichromes, or thc or whatever it is that fails. There's been many historical examples of primo plant lines held in clone form for many years that eventually lost their mojo and were culled. that could easily be due to an environmental trigger of a genetic blockage of expression. That seems as reasonable if not more so than a nebulous infectious agent like nematodes or oogies

sorry for the wall of words. it is a fascinating but often frustrating topic.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
pollen paintballs right into their greenhouses...problem solved.

just need someone to go to like Nebraska or something and collect a couple hundred #'s of hemp pollen lol

doin drive by's like its 1996!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
pollen paintballs right into their greenhouses...problem solved.

just need someone to go to like Nebraska or something and collect a couple hundred #'s of hemp pollen lol

doin drive by's like its 1996!

Can buy pollen by the kilo from China...

My plan was to fuck up the huge warehouses in Oakland but paperwork and government did that for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts