What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneyK

Veteran
This is literally the first test ive ever gotten dan. I was just genuinly curious, it was like a new toy I had to play with...lol And its always nice to know where you stand.
I think many people use it as a sales tool as well. well done lab tested meds ALWAYS get more per unit.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is literally the first test ive ever gotten dan. I was just genuinly curious, it was like a new toy I had to play with...lol And its always nice to know where you stand.
I think many people use it as a sales tool as well. well done lab tested meds ALWAYS get more per unit.

i hear ya Stoney ..... its just numbers mean nothing here & was just wondering why all the hoopla about it .

Hammer , yeah i can see testing for pesticides , i wish that was mandetory !!! but it is what it is .... i'm not buying anymore so its not that important to me , cuz i know whats in my bud , or should say what ISN'T in my bud . but for people buying & slinging this shit , it would be nice to know its not gonna give ya cancer or kill ya lol

Mad Lab

I can see why some tests are beneficial like if there are any pesticides no one wants to be smoking that shit. THC% is meaningless to me..If I like it I don't care how much THC is in it.

Thats the biggest upside, not smoking fungi, fungicides or pesticides. Honestly, if you dont grow your own or you witness your buddies grow, you shouldnt smoke any herb that doesnt have a reliable test for these contaminants.

THC is SUPER important to me. But not because i want SUPER high THC%, because i actually am searching for and/or trying to create a hybrid with very LOW THC%, while still maintaining a incredibly loud terpenoid profile.

These days, I'm all about the flavor and the ritual. Most highs are not appealing to me anymore. Although, very few are perfect for me and i wouldnt mind being high on for long periods, but few and far between and dont have much room for them in my garden.

So i dont really wanna get high, but i wanna taste some fire chemdawg or limonene flavors.

So testing my hybrids is important to me. Not really testing the gg4, except for knowing what i have when i plan to breed.

*Diggin Pure Analytics in sonoma, testing plants that arnt mature for cannabinoids so you dont need to waste your time growing out if your looking for certain things in your profile.

StoneyK

Veteran
My glue goes for top dollar already you dont need a test to know its special even a bad batch of glue is better than most good batches of other meds.
In cali and colorado its a big thing tho. That test means more to the dispensary than numbers, they get special listing on weedmaps since the meds are lab tested.

Im kinda with pf on it tho if I was to do regular testing id do the pesticides and mold tests. Those are the real important ones. Those should be the ones they push but notice not many growers wanna admit to using things like avid, eagle 20 and other sysdemics.
Now when they do that lots of people are gonna have serious issues because a lot of guys depend on those chemicals just to get a harvest. I shudder to think what a lot of people are smokin on.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its not important to me. am i interested? yes.

i believe testing, not so much THC as much as terpene profiles etc, is the future of our industry.

so important? not really. good is good. it sells.

but keeping up with lab informatin and reliability, cant be a bad thing. especially if anyone plans to launch a serious business soon.

its evolution really. west coast is just on the front line in certain aspects. i would expect mid-to eastern states are always behind.

testing isnt important to you now, but soon it will be important to everyone that wants to be in this as a business not just hobby.

Mad , your right ! this side of the country is way behind in alot of aspects of the MJ bizz , i was just talking to somebody here on the east coast about concentrates & how far behind the times we are compared to the west coast , but thats all slowly changing too .

as far as the business aspect of it .... me personally , i will always be in the underground with it . cuz the people i deal with are all from an older generation & they're tired of the commercial crap thats floating around & even when & if the time comes .... i seriously doubt they'd got to a dispo to get their smoke . they know what i have is good & nobody else has it & its alot better than they can get from street dealer . i actually pride myself on the fact that nobody else here has the strains i have .... unless they got it from me . that might change when & if they start with dispo's here , but i really doubt it .
so yeah , we are way behind here compared to Cali , colorado & the west coast in general .

StoneyK

Veteran
Well i was at the Emerald Cup. I gave the ppl at the DarkHeart Nursery booth a good handful of outdoor GG#4 . They said they hadnt finished any plants yet so I was making sure they knew what the real deal was like. So at least that had something to compare it too.

Thats RUTHLESS havent even verified the cut an they cant keep up with demand?
Ouch... makes ya wanna choke some one out eh???

Mad Lab

the people i deal with are all from an older generation & they're tired of the commercial crap thats floating around & even when & if the time comes .... i seriously doubt they'd got to a dispo to get their smoke . they know what i have is good & nobody else has it & its alot better than they can get from street dealer . i actually pride myself on the fact that nobody else here has the strains i have .... unless they got it from me .

Amen to that brotha. I sure hope that attitude stays around, it exists in Cali still as well, and CO and WA. The most upsetting thing that our subculture will face in the evolution to mainstream culture is the profit that has always been for the people will be engulfed by capitalism. Takes away from the beauty of cannabis.

But when the Feds legalize, and they will, soon, big marijuana will dial in after many years. they will be a grade A machine, with a little of our help of course. And hopefully not, but likely, in 10 years there will be few homegrowers able to make a living with any store selling decent quality for $50/lb more than it cost to grow the lb.

But, likely it will be like wine and microbreweries, because genetics are unique and natural selection creates diverse things that the little guy can capitalize on if he acquires such things.

Still, I want to try to build a quality production business while its still possible.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
True !! the tobacco companies are going to have to grow something once its illegal to smoke tobacco & yup , i can that happening real soon too !!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost Time to axe these.. Looking at the size of the flowers on the lateral branching is always a trip. The size of the branch is disproportionate to the size of the flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost Time to axe these.. Looking at the size of the flowers on the lateral branching is always a trip. The size of the branch is disproportionate to the size of the flower.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

thats why i had it crossed to a sour bubble Hammer , tryin to beef up the branches , but so far its back fired cux the SB structure has been really dominant . only had 2 plants so far with the GG4 structure .... & they were both males . i kept them of course to try & work them in.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Amen to that brotha. I sure hope that attitude stays around, it exists in Cali still as well, and CO and WA. The most upsetting thing that our subculture will face in the evolution to mainstream culture is the profit that has always been for the people will be engulfed by capitalism. Takes away from the beauty of cannabis.

But when the Feds legalize, and they will, soon, big marijuana will dial in after many years. they will be a grade A machine, with a little of our help of course. And hopefully not, but likely, in 10 years there will be few homegrowers able to make a living with any store selling decent quality for $50/lb more than it cost to grow the lb.

But, likely it will be like wine and microbreweries, because genetics are unique and natural selection creates diverse things that the little guy can capitalize on if he acquires such things.

Still, I want to try to build a quality production business while its still possible.
This is a scary thought and definitely a possibility, but whem you look at alcohol prices and taxes and how much buds are going for in colorado, there will always be a blackmarket for the homegrower. Youll just be on atf and irs radar rather than the feds and dea. Here in michigan, good ounces go for 150 now, wholesale is like 100-125 an ounce, its already getting to the point where growers arent getting rich without a 100kw setup, but there will always be room to make a living if your not greedy. Itll be a sad day when the big shops push us out though

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a few S1 going... I only grew 1 out of the 500+ seeds I made. I only have about 25 seeds left.

There will always be a black market. Some states might never make it legal. These states are amongst the worst to get busted in data collected 2011.

Oklahoma
Texas
Florida
Louisiana
Arizona

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a scary thought and definitely a possibility, but whem you look at alcohol prices and taxes and how much buds are going for in colorado, there will always be a blackmarket for the homegrower. Youll just be on atf and irs radar rather than the feds and dea. Here in michigan, good ounces go for 150 now, wholesale is like 100-125 an ounce, its already getting to the point where growers arent getting rich without a 100kw setup, but there will always be room to make a living if your not greedy. Itll be a sad day when the big shops push us out though

I agree !!! & the BM is right where i'll be :biggrin:

it'll be along time before that happens here in NY , i figure i have 5 to 10 years before the market here is flooded with legal bud & my prices drasticly drop to compete .

TheArchitect

Veteran

150?!?!

Mine fly @200/per or 4#/10k wholesale.

DONAJTHEIII

whats up fellas I dont think the indoor prices will change very much someone posted earlier and made a good point that those prices go with the price of electricity in the area and makes sense. now the outdoor game thats a diff story. and tbh out here in cali the outdoor ive seen is mostly boo boo in the clubs and makes outdoor get a bad rap which sucks b/c ive seen outdoor bud thats chronic. Anyway imo i like my indoor better than my bros outdoor but everyones diff.

PS: loving the glue photos

AJAE

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
150?!?!

Mine fly @200/per or 4#/10k wholesale.

Then your a lucky man, my top shelf flys of the shelves at 200 but that's the strains that yield for shit. If it's not og, I can get 24 a bow, more like 26 for elites, but that's shady dealing and requires being on the phone all day. I like to stay legal and supply clubs, which is getting harder and harder to do and still get 24 bow, which sucks cuz I watch the club bring back six grand for the same bow

Status
Not open for further replies.