What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I'll be donating all the proceeds from these shirts J I'm slackin on getting my PayPal set up as well, shits funky when you're a cash based business such as myself..

Mad Lab

seems the greed name change game has begun . that's one reason I dident want the clubs getting it. ive heard gg7 is big in colo. gg7 was culled, never passed, was no gg3, gg1 was released at the mi cup, I believe big scoot is the only one with gg2, I don't even have it. well if I had the police would have had it two..:biggrin:

I'm not sure if the info's somewhere in this thread, but what were the other gg phenos like joesy?

And why was the gg4 chosen to be 'the one'?

Grizz

Veteran
#1 was a better yielder, it did have a hint of pine to me. not quite as potent, cuctomers loved it. #2 very chem dom, real good I thought, not as good a yielder as 4 and 1.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Dark Heart nursery is a clone only genetics distributor for san francisco bay area dispensaries. They sell cuts off gg4 for under $20 each.
hear is what their web site has to say about it.

"General Information

Breeder: Joesy Whales

Type: Sativa Dominant

Genetics: Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel

Description: Gorilla Glue #4 gets it names from the trichomes that "glue" up the scissors when manicuring this baby.
History

Story: Gorilla Glue # 4 was accidently created by Joesy Whales when some Chem Sis plants he was growing hermied and pollinated his Sour Dubb. Tired of seeded gardens, Joesy tossed out the strain. But his buddy, Mardogg, still had some seeds. Mardogg popped the beans years later and ended up with 4 pheno's of the GG, deciding #4 was worth keeping.
Growing Information

Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks

Yield: Moderate
Patient Expectations

Scent: Lemon, pine. slightly minty

Flavor: Sweet, chocolatey, diesel aftertaste

Effects: Clear, cerebral

Suggested Medical use: Menstrual cramps"

I was unimpressed with it when I grew it and felt that the original less watered down Kush cuts like Chemdawg 4 were a better choice. Just my two cents.

sounds like backyard farmer, did you change your handle again ??

No, I am new to these boards. Just saw the gg4 post and threw in my experience with it. What I wrote was unbiased, honest and on topic with no hate what so ever.

Almost my entire post was just a copy and paste description from a place that sells Gorilla Glue 4 clones, with a note that I preferred Chemdawg 4 in a grow comparison.

In short, my post was just info on gg4, nothing personal, no need to try to make it into something personal either.

peace

we have seen that summary from DHN before, just wondering if the gg4 you grew came from them ?

I can understand personal preference with smokers but for someone to say gg4 wasent even as good as watered down chem 4 something has to be wrong. fake cut, dud, don't know but something not right.

No the gorilla glue 4 cut I grew was given to me by a friend who had been cash cropping it for a few runs and swore by it.

Clarification: I ran it side by side with a tried and true cut of Chem 4 that was very resinous and terpy. Not a "watered down chem4" but a solid expression of chem 4.

But in all fairness, you may be right, what I had was CALLED GG4 but I certainly did not get it directly from the source and have no way to verify its legitimacy. It could very well be just another kush cross relabeled gg4.

Keepin' it real though, I didn't care enough to grow the gg4 again, and I don't care enough to come back to this post and get sucked into the drama of it all.

peace

Well, im growing Chem 4 and the real GG4...

Ill grab some DHN GG when they are available at elemental Wellness, pretty sure I can tell any difference....

marrdogg

Veteran
I'm not sure if the info's somewhere in this thread, but what were the other gg phenos like joesy?

And why was the gg4 chosen to be 'the one'?

The #3 was culled because it was male if I can remember correctly. #5 never germed. #6 hermied. #7 was a runt ran once/or twice and was culled. Out of all the #4 stood out for yeild overall vigor speed in cloning ease of growth and potency. The #2 was kept for same reasons but had more of a chem d funk to it with twice the frost just a slightly lighter yeilder than #4 and more og in growth pattern.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a sub-forum here for printing???? LINK ME. :laughing:

Nice pun. Well played, sir.

dank.Frank
helpin a brotha out is all well and good but no one wants overpriced water right? no reason to do a good deed on one hand and screw someone else over for expediencies sake...lol,i like to think i make an "honest" living at what i do,and i know that thanks to the glue that went from walmart chicken to free range vegan organic yadda yadda full release chicken instead,so least i can do...i mean jw turned down a steak and a handjob,what else is there?:biggrin:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went by the DHN booth at the Emerald Cup. They had GG #4 clones there but said they had not seen the finished product . I opened the backpack and gave them a handfull of outdoor GG#4 . They should be able to tell if they have the real deal by now :)

Mad Lab

You say that #3 was a male.

I had no idea josey used a male in the gg4 cross. From my memory when this thread started I thought that it was similiar to the GSC story. Thought gg was feminised? Must be wrong.

What male did you use in the cross josey?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was no male.

Chem Sis x Sour Dubb(r) - and Choc. Diesel hermied on to a cut of that....boom.

Marrdogg could have said "male" as it is not unheard of for feminized lines to have plants that are genetically XX that still look, behave, act...like a true male.

This is probably the case with the #3 "male" ... a freak "male" from within a feminized line.

dank.Frank

Mad Lab

Well, at least your attitude lives on.

As much as everyone wanted to horde the cut i gave them of gg4 at first, even myself slightly, I mentioned the creators wish for this cut to be given not sold or horded.. so far they all seem to be very generous with it.

..I also made a statement like, "if your not generous, you'll have some bad grow karma buddy, and we wouldnt wanna lose a harvest over greed would we?" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts