What's new

First Gorilla Seeds Giveaway - 7 Winners!

budsnblunts

Veteran
I probably have bad timing with this contest, so let me explain a little.

When the seeds ship, you'll get an email with a tracking number, but we have lots of shipments waiting to go out - we always do at this time of year.

Not only do we have most of our staff taking off, a lot of our suppliers shut down between Christmas and New Years, so we don't have seeds coming in as fast as we normally do.

We should be back to business as normal on Monday, other than we'll have a major backlog to clear out.

You guys hold tight & they'll get them out the door. Any problems with shipping or customs & we'll ship them out again.

Sorry for any delays.

Sherry

Ahh, yous are too good Sherry, I love just looking at my order and the paid/open section. Gives me butterflies everytime :p

Gorilla Seeds

Vendor
Vendor
You will get less marriage proposals that way.

Cool as hell. I like these contests. I've never heard of critical mass collective should be neat I'll watch for that

Critical Mass Collective is new & I've been talking to Critical Lee, their main breeder, a lot lately. He's a very nice guy.

They're taking it nice & slow & doing things right instead of churning out seeds & strains really fast - that way they can maintain quality.

Last I checked, they had some stuff on Facebook & Youtube & most of the European banks had added them.

They did say something about needing some testers. We're trying to get out of coordinating that stuff for breeders (it's a thankless job) - but, if any of you guys have links for really good logs, you can PM me & I'll pass them along. No promises or anything.

Sherry

CoCoSativas

Critical Mass Collective is new & I've been talking to Critical Lee, their main breeder, a lot lately. He's a very nice guy.

They're taking it nice & slow & doing things right instead of churning out seeds & strains really fast - that way they can maintain quality.

Last I checked, they had some stuff on Facebook & Youtube & most of the European banks had added them.

They did say something about needing some testers. We're trying to get out of coordinating that stuff for breeders (it's a thankless job) - but, if any of you guys have links for really good logs, you can PM me & I'll pass them along. No promises or anything.

Sherry

Neat I test but currently am extremely selective who I consider tests for. Part of my criteria is they be well known, well known breeders names draw alot of attention.
Alot more visits...

Cool info I hope others take the opportunity though.

Yeah it's not always a thankless job. Depends who you help, I was thanked for my part in a run of tests going out and my part was minor. People contacted me interested in being testers, I knew a breeder was after testers and helped the process along. I wasn't paid but he did say thank you and every time he sends me stuff there's always a bonus so I try to give back. He's sent me all sorts of cool shit just a stellar guy all around

Gorilla Seeds

Vendor
Vendor
Neat I test but currently am extremely selective who I consider tests for. Part of my criteria is they be well known, well known breeders names draw alot of attention.
Alot more visits...

Cool info I hope others take the opportunity though.

Yeah it's not always a thankless job. Depends who you help, I was thanked for my part in a run of tests going out and my part was minor. People contacted me interested in being testers, I knew a breeder was after testers and helped the process along. I wasn't paid but he did say thank you and every time he sends me stuff there's always a bonus so I try to give back. He's sent me all sorts of cool shit just a stellar guy all around

No matter how many questions we ask, and how many times we say you have to be able to start the text within 30 to 60 days, we get people who take the seeds, then say they'll do them after they move, or they have to wait until spring to start then outdoors, or they simply disappear.

Then, they get mad because we're being pushy & the breeders get mad because they're not seeing the logs they want to see. And, heaven forbid that an experimental seed has any kind of issue.

In the meantime, we've spent a lot of manhours that could have went elsewhere & paid a lot in postage costs.

More work out than don't, but it's still kind of a pain & it gets old after awhile.

Sherry

G

ganjygav

No matter how many questions we ask, and how many times we say you have to be able to start the text within 30 to 60 days, we get people who take the seeds, then say they'll do them after they move, or they have to wait until spring to start then outdoors, or they simply disappear.

Then, they get mad because we're being pushy & the breeders get mad because they're not seeing the logs they want to see. And, heaven forbid that an experimental seed has any kind of issue.

In the meantime, we've spent a lot of manhours that could have went elsewhere & paid a lot in postage costs.

More work out than don't, but it's still kind of a pain & it gets old after awhile.

Sherry

Wouldn't have thought it would have been that hard to find testers but like you say, the problem is if they're genuine!

S

sourpuss

Haha guess i shouldnt try entering again after the contest is already over.... thx for the chance gorilla!!

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
And, the winners are ....

Chrondiddle O
exploziv
sdd420
Xray Kimono
yodaweed
Hova
ozza

I'll PM everyone with instructions about how to claim their prize sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for playing everyone!

Sherry
congrats to the winners:tiphat:

Gorilla Seeds

Vendor
Vendor
Hi, just wondering when the seeds we won would be sent out, thank you.

They're going out through the regular shipping department, so I'm pretty sure it will be this week. Some have already went out, but yours looks like it's waiting on more seeds to arrive.

Most of our people took last week off. Most of the seed suppliers did the same. So, there's a little bit of a backlog on both sides.

Normally, when I look at the shipping stats, over 95% of orders are shipped within 1 business day of being marked paid, but that number is at about 70% right now.

Sherry

Yodaweed

They're going out through the regular shipping department, so I'm pretty sure it will be this week. Some have already went out, but yours looks like it's waiting on more seeds to arrive.

Most of our people took last week off. Most of the seed suppliers did the same. So, there's a little bit of a backlog on both sides.

Normally, when I look at the shipping stats, over 95% of orders are shipped within 1 business day of being marked paid, but that number is at about 70% right now.

Sherry
Alright thanks for the info, really want these seeds heard really good things about them so I am really excited.

S

sourpuss

All good sherry! Prob better off going to someone without a killer shash of beans already haha... you guys got my respect for running this cool contest.... ill be checking your site for my next order...

:tiphat:

Whats worse... the tester who never tests or the tester who claims they never got em and they need more haha....

Gorilla Seeds

Vendor
Vendor
All good sherry! Prob better off going to someone without a killer shash of beans already haha... you guys got my respect for running this cool contest.... ill be checking your site for my next order...

:tiphat:

Whats worse... the tester who never tests or the tester who claims they never got em and they need more haha....

Well, we send them using tracked mail, so we sometimes have a seizure problem & have to send more, but it's hard to say you never got them.

But, to be honest, I'd rather have someone ask for more than just flake out on us.

We finally put together a casual application process where we'd ask what their setup was, require at least one log, and ask when they'd be able to start. It helped, but it was still pretty much a clusterf*ck from what I heard.

This is more Steve's thing, so to be honest, I only really hear about the problems when he's fed up with it.

Sherry

budsnblunts

Veteran
Well I for one received and email letting me know my tracking number and that my seeds have been shipped :dance: pretty excited. To top it off I think gorilla seeds will be the only place I ever buy from. I haven't ever ordered seeds before so this is my first time, quite wary. If the point of these competitions was to re assure seed buying through you guys is safe. It has 100% done that. Good job Gorilla Seeds. Thumbs up and I still can't help but think of the honesty that sticks with you guys.
:jump::wave::jump:

Gorilla Seeds

Vendor
Vendor
Well I for one received and email letting me know my tracking number and that my seeds have been shipped :dance: pretty excited. To top it off I think gorilla seeds will be the only place I ever buy from. I haven't ever ordered seeds before so this is my first time, quite wary. If the point of these competitions was to re assure seed buying through you guys is safe. It has 100% done that. Good job Gorilla Seeds. Thumbs up and I still can't help but think of the honesty that sticks with you guys.
:jump::wave::jump:

That's a nice side effect, but it was really so we'd get noticed on the forum & give us an excuse to get to know you guys.

We'll be doing more giveaways soon - I doubt we ever have this many winners in a single comp again, but there will still be plenty of opportunities to get some freebies.

Sherry

budsnblunts

Veteran
Score... My seeds are on the way to my country. Gotta love that tracking number. Thanks alot Sherry, will let you guys know here when they turn up. Thanks :wave:

CoCoSativas

I'm glad things are finally moving - it's the one bad thing about the holidays. Usually, we're a lot faster.

Thanks for being patient everyone!

Sherry

Don't feel bad the holidaze fucked everyone up. I waited near a month for a pack from a breeder direct due to some unforseen problems. Credit card issue and then Christmas put it way back but I am super happy all I can ask for is get what I paid for which I did. There's no garentee on shipping times, turn around from you guys or postage...