What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

exodus cheese clone still active

Greenvein

Interesting yes well it's a known fact that folks were breeding with the cut that was gifted to them by of the hill/cheesefarmer at haz manor,I'd edge a bet that the Luton cheese seed pop is a misconstrued story and the stinky stinky one you speak of is the one exo received/brightside held and the one I remember from 99 onwards.All the batches we got between 99 and 04 were largely untrimmed,half dried shitty grown hydro from bikers in kempston but the taste and smell once you cured it yourself was incredible and uncontrollable,now as I said before I only saw it again once after 04 and that was in 08.Now that batch was a pristine example done with love and care,I'm telling you man to this day I think it was possibly the best flower I've ever smoked and I've been around,the complexity and smell to taste translation imprinted in my head.As you say the stinky stinky one was knocked out in trays and super commercial and no doubt harvested early ,but surely that's got to be the original because no seed pheno has ever come close stink wise due it being a recessive rare trait from pre dave Watson real deal skunk.Theres a reason the exodus lot passed the hybrid(s) and rarely the original,cuz when done properly it's in another league....sorry for the rant lol cheers. bimble
The guys that grew the Luton cheese seed could have lied but not sure why they would & theirs was definitely not the exo. I was so close with them when they closed up shop they dumped all their equipment on me & that's the only reason I know where they was working from.
The exodus guys are alot older then i so it's a friends dad that sorts all that out for me. They were around such a long time their bud did come half heartedly trimmed and was definitely handed out early. It's the only thing my mates dad has smoked pretty much, he's always had it & has always 'let it sit' before smoking it. Even my clones come covered in mites 🤦‍♂️ So maybe that's why I rated the Luton cheese to be (slightly) louder as they were younger guys fresh after the mula.
By no means was the Luton cheese better Just i was busy back then and towards the end I worked more with the poles so maybe another factor I remember it louder and more sticky.
Nobody would choose the poles Luton stuff over the exo 100% the exo would KO people, taste and smell better.
Anywho we can talk all day about it and I'm not saying your wrong by any means theirs certain things I can't even smell anymore since COVID so the only way to settle the case is if you saw/smelt my flower lol.

I'm week 10 from flip now so probably 8ish from flower and the terps are definitely changing. Just started my flush so hopefully the heat dies down by next week we getting 32 apparently on Monday 😬 ill be back around chop then after cure 👊

CocoNut 420

I had a problem with my exo and 2 others but they look like they're back on track now with a higher ec fed from another reservoir.
20240803_170549.jpg

Exo left plant.
20240803_170535.jpg

Exo front row middle plant.

A couple of others, cheese dipz
20240803_170633.jpg

Bluchi v3
20240807_131837.jpg

They'll be 6wks tomorrow i flipped them on 1st July.

theherbalizor

Veteran
There is a big issue with cheese and that a shop in Brighton used to put a lot of cuts out of cheese a week. And I mean a lot. And at the start it was all cheese. Proper exodus, smell before you open the door, conical buds of pure stinky evilness. But so lovely at the same time. Then the guy lost his mum, went on the hunt, a few months go by with no cheese and finally he finds it. We pretty much all agree it’s cheese but not quite.

anway, roll on 4-5 years, god knows how many of these “cheese” cuts get put out across south of uk and beyond. I then meet Love Light Power. He had the exo, psycosis, psychodiesel and psycho berry. I grabbed a nice chunk of each and got very excited to finally try the psychosis, and lovely it was too. But it was what we had down here as cheese for all these years, and his exo was more like I remembered back in the day.

I will stil claim tho that the true cheese that we remember has gone, maybe not on a genetic level, but I think it’s got so old and tired or it really has gotten lost in the many cheeses out there.

bimblebrains_1

The guys that grew the Luton cheese seed could have lied but not sure why they would & theirs was definitely not the exo. I was so close with them when they closed up shop they dumped all their equipment on me & that's the only reason I know where they was working from.
The exodus guys are alot older then i so it's a friends dad that sorts all that out for me. They were around such a long time their bud did come half heartedly trimmed and was definitely handed out early. It's the only thing my mates dad has smoked pretty much, he's always had it & has always 'let it sit' before smoking it. Even my clones come covered in mites 🤦‍♂️ So maybe that's why I rated the Luton cheese to be (slightly) louder as they were younger guys fresh after the mula.
By no means was the Luton cheese better Just i was busy back then and towards the end I worked more with the poles so maybe another factor I remember it louder and more sticky.
Nobody would choose the poles Luton stuff over the exo 100% the exo would KO people, taste and smell better.
Anywho we can talk all day about it and I'm not saying your wrong by any means theirs certain things I can't even smell anymore since COVID so the only way to settle the case is if you saw/smelt my flower lol.

I'm week 10 from flip now so probably 8ish from flower and the terps are definitely changing. Just started my flush so hopefully the heat dies down by next week we getting 32 apparently on Monday 😬 ill be back around chop then after cure 👊
That's what I'm trying to say,the polish Luton cheese probably seemed inferior because it wasnt grown well,it matches the description.. more lime green than the exo and even louder..like I say that one batch I saw years later(08) was up there with the best of the best when tended with the care it obviously had been,off the scale mouth coating stuff with a devastating high,multi layered complex flavour...as been said by people over the years the full 70days Is needed for that expression.....and just for the record your plants look great bro and I'm not trying to argue,I'm just a lineage and history geek

Unspecified

as been said by people over the years the full 70days Is needed for that expression

10-13 weeks was what I was accustomed to and a savage hit, all the crosses/imitations that came as a result of the cheese craze has been in my experience what has washed out the genuine original, the real deal is a head smash shut you up kind of smoke (absolutely batters you) where as the imitations like the big buddha and greenhouse offerings are more body because of the afghan they added to it.

They can all smell similar which is why a lot of imitation or different strains get passed off as the cheddar to the inexperienced but the real deal hits and has a general stronger odour you would ideally double filter your extract unless you lived rural.

I have smelt similar over the years and on a brief chat had people convince me what they have is old school cheddar but when you know you know.

I'm still in touch with spiral tribe members and as far as they know none of the exodus gang hold the genetics any more they've moved on.

It's a shame as it looks like nelly has gone and she was every bit as good as the cheese.

bimblebrains_1

10-13 weeks was what I was accustomed to and a savage hit, all the crosses/imitations that came as a result of the cheese craze has been in my experience what has washed out the genuine original, the real deal is a head smash shut you up kind of smoke (absolutely batters you) where as the imitations like the big buddha and greenhouse offerings are more body because of the afghan they added to it.

They can all smell similar which is why a lot of imitation or different strains get passed off as the cheddar to the inexperienced but the real deal hits and has a general stronger odour you would ideally double filter your extract unless you lived rural.

I have smelt similar over the years and on a brief chat had people convince me what they have is old school cheddar but when you know you know.

I'm still in touch with spiral tribe members and as far as they know none of the exodus gang hold the genetics any more they've moved on.

It's a shame as it looks like nelly has gone and she was every bit as good as the cheese.
I totally agree,people try and convince you and some plants I've come across , especially the cut I passed out have you fooled for a joint or too but the stench level on the real deal and that extreme mouth coating are unmistakable even when grown poorly/taken early and when she's done right its next level.All the seed phenos including the 'exodus cheese clone' are watered down pale immations.Not saying some of them are aren't really really good,infact I prefer the effect of mine and it has the mouth coat thing,it's f-cking close,for a few days i was convinced but then after a weeks cure got to sweet,as you say @Unspecified if you know you know and if there's the tiniest shred of doubt then it's not her.Its a minefield with these old skunk cuts it really is until you burn a couple then they easy to eliminate

Last edited by a moderator:

couchlockd

so for those who don't have access to this cut, what(or from who more like) would be the go to for seed to look for something like cheese?
Todd McCormick, AG seed. Skunk 1 acrid.

Cheese is what Europeans called road kill skunk terps. Or thiols i should say.

Todd McCormick
Shopping Cart
About Us
Reviews
Seeds Grown by Mel Frank
Legacy & Heirloom
Skunk #1
Haze
Northern Lights
The New Northern Lights
Entire Catalog of Cannabis Seeds
Information Center
How is Authentic Genetics different?
Questions & Answers
Please Avoid Scammers!
Founder's Story
The Primary Colors of Cannabis
What is Indica & sativa?
What are Legacy & Heirloom genetics?
How to Grow Skunky Smelling Cannabis
How to Germinate Seeds
How I Grow Cannabis
What is Skunk Weed?
The History of Northern Lights
Purest Indica & OG Kush Terpenes
What is Original Haze?
All About Soil
How to Store Seeds
What is Purple Cannabis?
What is ON Haze?
About Powdery Mildew
Viruses Found in Cannabis
Intersex Traits in Cannabis
Phytocannabinoid Enriched Hemp Seed Oil
A Journey Into Real Cannabis Activism
Todd McCormick's 1998 Book About Cultivation
THE UNION: The Business Behind Getting High
The Culture High ©2014
TalkingCANNABIS on YouTube
Jack Herer: The Emperor of Hemp
Builders of the Cannabis Community
Glossary of Terms
Login
Search...
Close
Home/ Collections/ Original Skunk No.1 IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds
Skunk #1 and Skunk #1 seeds for sale at agseedco.com
Original Skunk #1 is made up of an Afghan crossed with Colombian Gold, then bred with Acapulco Gold. Original Skunk #1 is considered one of the primary colors of cannabis.
Original Skunk No.1 IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds
Cultivators choice skunk one seeds available for sale at agseedco.com
Authentic Genetics

$50.00
Quantity

Add to cart
Original Skunk No.1
IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds
(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold
10 Seeds for $50.00 ($5.00 each)
8 to 10 Weeks
THESE SKUNK #1 SEEDS HAVE ONLY BEEN REPRODUCED TWICE SINCE 1988!

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

(Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold

Sacred Seeds/Cultivators Choice

Hand Selected with Love

"What you seed is what you get!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811_115057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811_115057_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26

bimblebrains_1

@bimblebrains_1 @Unspecified when you guys are saying 10-13 weeks is that from flip? I think I tried to ask and couldn't find a answer online 👍 I'm 10 weeks from flip so just beginning to flush. Cheers 🙏 View attachment 19046601 View attachment 19046602 View attachment 19046603
To answer your question when I say 10 weeks I mean from pre flower so more like 12weeks of 12/12, I have ran mine for 11 weeks of 12/12 a while back and defo could have gone longer but had pest pressure so hacked....
Looking good bro,nearly there eh!..it's defo a different plant to the brightside or mine for sure, possibly the same as the window or jah,although I always thought those 2 always looked one and the same,I have smoked the one from jah called exodus cheese, it was really good but the stench and mouth coat wernt quite there,mine has the mouth coat thing but lacks on the stench and has sweet overtone....seems like they all have an element missing compared to the original raw one

bimblebrains_1

Todd McCormick, AG seed. Skunk 1 acrid.

Cheese is what Europeans called road kill skunk terps. Or thiols i should say.

Todd McCormick
Shopping Cart
About Us
Reviews
Seeds Grown by Mel Frank
Legacy & Heirloom
Skunk #1
Haze
Northern Lights
The New Northern Lights
Entire Catalog of Cannabis Seeds
Information Center
How is Authentic Genetics different?
Questions & Answers
Please Avoid Scammers!
Founder's Story
The Primary Colors of Cannabis
What is Indica & sativa?
What are Legacy & Heirloom genetics?
How to Grow Skunky Smelling Cannabis
How to Germinate Seeds
How I Grow Cannabis
What is Skunk Weed?
The History of Northern Lights
Purest Indica & OG Kush Terpenes
What is Original Haze?
All About Soil
How to Store Seeds
What is Purple Cannabis?
What is ON Haze?
About Powdery Mildew
Viruses Found in Cannabis
Intersex Traits in Cannabis
Phytocannabinoid Enriched Hemp Seed Oil
A Journey Into Real Cannabis Activism
Todd McCormick's 1998 Book About Cultivation
THE UNION: The Business Behind Getting High
The Culture High ©2014
TalkingCANNABIS on YouTube
Jack Herer: The Emperor of Hemp
Builders of the Cannabis Community
Glossary of Terms
Login
Search...
Close
Home/ Collections/ Original Skunk No.1 IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds
Skunk #1 and Skunk #1 seeds for sale at agseedco.com
Original Skunk #1 is made up of an Afghan crossed with Colombian Gold, then bred with Acapulco Gold. Original Skunk #1 is considered one of the primary colors of cannabis.
Cultivators choice skunk one seeds available for sale at agseedco.com
Authentic Genetics

$50.00
Quantity

Add to cart
Original Skunk No.1
IBL (Inbred Line) Regular Seeds
(Afghan x Colombian) x Acapulco Gold
10 Seeds for $50.00 ($5.00 each)
8 to 10 Weeks
THESE SKUNK #1 SEEDS HAVE ONLY BEEN REPRODUCED TWICE SINCE 1988!

In 1988 Mel Frank begot Skunk No.1 seeds from Skunkman Sam, put them into the the refrigerator until 1996 when he reproduced them 8 years later. Then Mel Frank properly stored them for another 24 years until 2020, when they were grown and selected by Todd for the more acrid terpene phenotypes.

This is the legendary Skunk #1, developed by Skunkman Sam in the 1970's and is a relatively stabilized, true breeding hybrid.

Originally offered by Sacred Seeds and Cultivators Choice, it is a combination of:

(Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold

Sacred Seeds/Cultivators Choice

Hand Selected with Love

"What you seed is what you get

You'll never find a pheno like cheese in those seeds,she was a sport...one in a million...personal opinion only ,Todd is a dick

couchlockd

You'll never find a pheno like cheese in those seeds,she was a sport...one in a million...personal opinion only ,Todd is a dick
Todd's an all right dude in my book.

The weather you like him or not. The skunk line he has available right now has the same possible genetic combinations to make that cheese cut cuz that's where the cheese cut came from. That same genetic line.

Being incross to itself yeah the line is not as wide open as it once was but it hasn't been tweaked the fuck out to the point where nothing close is going to come of it and anyone was going to find anything anywhere it would definitely be that

Unspecified

The skunk line he has available right now has the same possible genetic combinations to make that cheese cut cuz that's where the cheese cut came from. That same genetic line.

Not as simple as that is it though.

How many Skunk seeds were grown out during that period and how many have come after and yet the cheese stands alone, a freak.

My skunk stable is full of old genetics from that hunt some similar but nothing really the same, same goes with imitations.

The real deal, grown properly, nothing compares.

I can't comment on TM's stuff but I find it funny how all these old strains start bursting out of the woodwork when Mr. NICE seeds start selling their stock in bulk for ridiculous prices. The seedbanks in Europe sell hundreds of thousands of seeds under different guises but they're all the same poor quality mass produced fem seeds I wouldn't doubt for a second the same shenanigans were being played around these genetics seeing as the trend means they're highly sought after.

bimblebrains_1

Todd's an all right dude in my book.

The weather you like him or not. The skunk line he has available right now has the same possible genetic combinations to make that cheese cut cuz that's where the cheese cut came from. That same genetic line.

Being incross to itself yeah the line is not as wide open as it once was but it hasn't been tweaked the fuck out to the point where nothing close is going to come of it and anyone was going to find anything anywhere it would definitely be that
Like unspecified said it it's not as simple as that.. and also the seeds Mel frank got from Watson in 88 would by then most likely have been reproductions made in big greenhouses in the Nederlands selected from the beans that watson brought across the pond in 83/84 I believe it was.Now the original ones that Neville got from him then were not worked so much in the sweet direction as Watson put it,they still held the old raw skunk traits.Neville made his selections from those and did better selections,that's where the cheese,blues and probably the psychosis came from,nevillies work with the line.They gave away those mass produced dutch cultivators choice beans away on here for years with every seed order as well as numerous other places,same seeds ..That is what Todd worked with,trash

CocoNut 420

I had a problem with my exo and 2 others but they look like they're back on track now with a higher ec fed from another reservoir.
View attachment 19046134
Exo left plant.
View attachment 19046133
Exo front row middle plant.

A couple of others, cheese dipz
View attachment 19046132
Bluchi v3
View attachment 19046131
They'll be 6wks tomorrow i flipped them on 1st July.
It's coming up on 7 weeks I meant to use a net for support but didn't so its falling over now.
20240815_132154.jpg
20240815_132147.jpg

20240815_132306.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

on some of the middle blade leaf finger on the main fans it would show just on one side of the leaf roughly in the middle of the leaf finger 3 double serations together, an with most leaves not showing double serations an the opposite side of the same blade none it would stand out an become a identification feature.....
I hadn't seen many doubled serrations on my UK Cheese and hadn't thought it about it much or observed more closely until I read your post. It took some looking, but I found this fan leaf on a UK Cheese I'm flowering outdoors now:

UKC Leaf (8.17.24).jpg

A closer look at the left side about halfway down the middle leaflet :

UKC Leaf Closeup (8.17.24).jpg

Maybe I was a bit over the top this morning but I went one step further and asked him if he could send me some of the original cheese clones in exchange for some of my stuff but he declin3d my offer and rather loves to have big £ for it. 😄
Maybe I'll stick to his seeds if I can't get the clones somewhere else...
I get 200 people asking me for it a week half of them want to sell the clones themselves to make loads of money 😂 I have kept this plant for 15 years and everyone thinks that I am going to spend my days rooting clones to send to them . Go and message greenhouse seeds or DNA genetics or sensi seed and ask them to give you a ledgadary clone 😂😂😂😂 you f-cking live in cloud cook coo land . Refusal often offends and when people don't get what they want they come and bitch on forms . You won't even get a reply from anyone else . And you offered me clones You come to someone asking for a Ferrari and offered me a ford fiesta in exchange . I tell everyone it's got a huge price tag so people stop messaging me 200 messages a day takes it toll. If you followed me on Instagram and watched my story's you would see how you can get it for free for those in the community. But you didn't you just wanted to blag a clone .

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenvein

had little to no sweetness either,just straight evil chemical tcp with an uderlying hashy funk,
One million percent yes! So I've never grown this before and I've already explained what I could describe but I finally hung today and whilst doing a little delarf and trim my fucking god that chemical smell was mad! To the point I think my head and stomach was defensive to it. I feel like that's what I identify as the proper cheese but I've never smelt it so intensely. Whenever I've bought bags it was loud and that smell was there but I don't think it's ever been as loud as the dank cheese smell... Like from a distance it's just louder cheese but up close you'll say yeah that's proper does that make sense.. but I've never paid this much attention to it so will update when cured.

Oh ond this dick head threw the leaf and larf straight out in the compost bin 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️ LOUD I panicked and broke the root balls down and threw all my Coco/roots on top of it. Still LOUD so mid harvest I'm now turning my compost 🤣🤣

Anyways were finally hung!

PXL_20240824_110314702.jpg
PXL_20240824_124754486.jpg
PXL_20240824_123229120.jpg
PXL_20240824_123144998.jpg

✌️

Crazy Chester

One million percent yes! So I've never grown this before and I've already explained what I could describe but I finally hung today and whilst doing a little delarf and trim my fucking god that chemical smell was mad! To the point I think my head and stomach was defensive to it. I feel like that's what I identify as the proper cheese but I've never smelt it so intensely. Whenever I've bought bags it was loud and that smell was there but I don't think it's ever been as loud as the dank cheese smell... Like from a distance it's just louder cheese but up close you'll say yeah that's proper does that make sense.. but I've never paid this much attention to it so will update when cured.

Oh ond this dick head threw the leaf and larf straight out in the compost bin 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️ LOUD I panicked and broke the root balls down and threw all my Coco/roots on top of it. Still LOUD so mid harvest I'm now turning my compost 🤣🤣

Anyways were finally hung!

View attachment 19053782 View attachment 19053783 View attachment 19053784 View attachment 19053785

✌️
Beautiful UK Cheese buds, Greenvein!

I noticed that your first pic shows a middle leaflet with the same doubled serration trait TheDarkStorm noted (three doubled serrations - but only on one side of the leaflet). I zoomed in on your photo - it's a middle leaflet that's roughly left center in the pic:

greenvein ukc.jpg