What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

laszlokovacs

Chunky an off season for you is like every hobby growers wet dream! Sucks the greenhouse isnt banging but I've got a feeling it can't be that bad. What sort of light transmission is that material and how long do you think itll last for you?

Trying to get my own little patch up and going here and there. Looks like someones giving me a free rototiller w attachments at the end of the season so thats fun. Trying to grow as good and as much dope I as I can and cut out all the marketing taxes.

Made a bunch of mistakes and got bad luck popping a bunch of males. Oh well lol! Shit never goes as planned.... I dont got to tell you.

Im happy as long as I get to play in the woods with these nutcases. Forecast looks like its back to being nice and dry and sunny, my dogs told me to get my ass in gear for next year so they can hide out in the shade during the day. Flowering just getting going, might do one more top dress but everything is mostly happy.
IMG_9411.JPG
IMG_9410.JPG
IMG_9479.JPG

IMG_9463.JPG

This patch is still under 40$... gonna do it proper with the tiller and soil testing next year though... the market is ludicrous tho no sugarcoating it. Some old timer was talking my ear off at the gas station saying hes happy paying 35/g for hash at the MA dispo... hmm I might ask some old friends what bm flower is going for in NYC since they shut down most of the smoke shops now.

DNHappy

Chunky an off season for you is like every hobby growers wet dream! Sucks the greenhouse isnt banging but I've got a feeling it can't be that bad. What sort of light transmission is that material and how long do you think itll last for you?

Trying to get my own little patch up and going here and there. Looks like someones giving me a free rototiller w attachments at the end of the season so thats fun. Trying to grow as good and as much dope I as I can and cut out all the marketing taxes.

Made a bunch of mistakes and got bad luck popping a bunch of males. Oh well lol! Shit never goes as planned.... I dont got to tell you.

Im happy as long as I get to play in the woods with these nutcases. Forecast looks like its back to being nice and dry and sunny, my dogs told me to get my ass in gear for next year so they can hide out in the shade during the day. Flowering just getting going, might do one more top dress but everything is mostly happy.
View attachment 19053360 View attachment 19053361 View attachment 19053362
View attachment 19053363
This patch is still under 40$... gonna do it proper with the tiller and soil testing next year though... the market is ludicrous tho no sugarcoating it. Some old timer was talking my ear off at the gas station saying hes happy paying 35/g for hash at the MA dispo... hmm I might ask some old friends what bm flower is going for in NYC since they shut down most of the smoke shops now.
Wow that plant looks beautiful, loving the pink pistils.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
smoking a sample of the Bloomington headband a friend grew. really nice plant that reminds me of one of the old headbands I had in the triangle back in the day. very gassy and sour.

it's going to be one of my new favorites. the headband I've been passing for years is nice but this one has a better flavor and more upbeat high.

a member asked me some questions on PM might as well answer here...

#1 You have and have grown the Chem 91 Skunk VA cut. It seems everywhere I look people describe it as more sativa in effect, yet when I look at the SkunkVa thread he himself (oldtimedog or skunkva whatever he goes by now) describes the cut as Afghany. Is the cut more sativa or indica? And does it remind you of an OG Kush or Sour Diesel?

the Chemdog clone that was grown commercially in Cali when I got my med card there wasn't the real 91, it was the one people now call the Joe Brand. it's effects were more like Sour but with a chemmy flavor and I would describe it as more sativa.

the 91/SKVA to me is just weaker in power but with a longer duration high than the gassy strains. it's not like sour or og much to me and I wouldn't be surprised if it's possibly carrying some viral load that doesn't let it finish as nice as it used to maybe but I've never has a really great batch from it and it seems like it is better trade bait than smoke IMO. lots of strains don't hit their prime here in my outdoor patch tho.

#2 You have grown many OG Kush cuts ( I can't even believe how many there are) which cut is your favorite, even if you don't have it.

the original aka the josh is my favorite evening smoke, very narcotic. but many of the others are also favorites when they come out nice and some of them have sativa like effects on my brain combined with strong body effects that help my pain and I love those in the morning like the HPK and SFV and the '92.
the TK finishes great here and it is really great and quite similar to the old headband cut but stronger and more up.

if you take those cuts and crush them indoors letting them mature you might not feel any sativa effects but that's just how they hit my noggin. every year depending on conditions outside here and when I harvest I wind up with different faves for that year....

the double OG Chem #15 is probably my overall fave as it is really strong and sativa effects if I go easy on it in the mornings. because it's so strong I initially only smoked it in the evenings and wasn't enjoying it so much because it is more energizing than relaxing for my head. once I started smoking it in the daytime it quickly became my go to. the DOC #5 hits me similar to the '92 / HPK / SFV and I love it also.

#3 I was talking to Lester about how much I liked the look of your SFV OG Kush plant, but he was saying it is terribly racy. What are your thoughts on this cut?

it is awesome and many peoples fave OGK, same kinda deal where an early harvest or brain chemistry might make you paranoid... Lester might be remembering my SFV x cookieboi cross Valley Breath which as I remember made him hide under the bed after smoking it...

the double og chem strains come from an old pack of bean that was an SFV cross.

one of my favorite clones is from a cross of SFV and ECSD that Chaco worked for years and his favorite clone is the one I've been spreading called Chaco's Sour Valley for years. she is amazing daytime medicine for me with killer favor and effects.

#4 There is a gun to your head, you get to keep 5 and only 5 strains. Which ones are they?

there's always been a gun to my head Bro, my first harvest was in 1981. I'm never going to limit myself to 5, lol. I had about 60 gathered up here this spring but prolly only 30 made it in ground this season, I'm always looking for stand outs that finish up quick here.

besides what I already mentioned Chem D and ECSD are 2 way at the top of the list of things I smoke frequently. I'm still growing other strains but I hardly ever light up any cookies anymore and never smoke the hazes I grow but I like having gear for others who like it.

very stoked about this "new" headband cut and interested to see a sample soon from the "notso" headband a friend is growing. the "notso" sour finishes just like the ECSD I used to carry carry up through Chaco's bulkhead in better times now long past.

talked to Chaco this week but have not smoked with him in too long... #FukRecreational

Last edited:

Jcue81

Glad to hear that Bloomington hits nice. I asked you about her earlier this year when a friend sent her my way and your response was, “renaming can make your little shit hole town sound exotic.”

😂

That Sour Valley sounds epic. I had heard of it but didn’t realize Chaco worked it for years.

Tynehead Tom

Yessir you are correct, my bad, it was Valley Breath. And EVERYONE hid under their beds 😂

Potent terrifying herb with an extra helping of paranoia. Oooff

If we are talking Chunkypig's SF Valley Breath...... I agree, very potent herb. I got head spins from consuming too much of one particular plant from those beans. I called it Killer #2 LOL and yes..... I made F2's ;)

Tynehead Tom

Curious about what was Killer#1:unsure:?
i just label the females 1 thru how ever many there are.....
From the 3 five packs of SFValley Breath I got as freebies I got 7 females. Of those I kept 3 and then relabelled them 1,2,3. For males I kept 2 and I made F2's with all three of those "keepers". In the end , #2 was an incredible stand out and was really killer weed. So in my notes in the seed vault list, that one is labelled "killer #2 F2" . These were bag on branch pollinations on small 2 ounce plants so less than a hundred seeds from each. I have already grown a few and shared a small amount with close offline friends so am down to minimal numbers. I think I have less than 30 seeds remaining of the killer #2 f2. Will have to pop some this winter.
I popped some #2 F2 in 2022 and grew a few light depped small plants. The flower was amazing, strong and potent and that SFV shines thru. Super dense fat tops caked in frost and really gassy ogkb flavors.

#2 F2 #1
09-27-2022 SFV Breath #2 F2 -#1 - Copy.JPG

#2 F2 #5

09-27-2022 SFV Breath #2 F2 -#5 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
i just label the females 1 thru how ever many there are.....
From the 3 five packs of SFValley Breath I got as freebies I got 7 females. Of those I kept 3 and then relabelled them 1,2,3. For males I kept 2 and I made F2's with all three of those "keepers". In the end , #2 was an incredible stand out and was really killer weed. So in my notes in the seed vault list, that one is labelled "killer #2 F2" . These were bag on branch pollinations on small 2 ounce plants so less than a hundred seeds from each. I have already grown a few and shared a small amount with close offline friends so am down to minimal numbers. I think I have less than 30 seeds remaining of the killer #2 f2. Will have to pop some this winter.
I popped some #2 F2 in 2022 and grew a few light depped small plants. The flower was amazing, strong and potent and that SFV shines thru. Super dense fat tops caked in frost and really gassy ogkb flavors.

#2 F2 #1
View attachment 19059208

#2 F2 #5

View attachment 19059209
Yeah I get the name the naming of your plants, that's how most of us operate, was just joking about what could be better than your Killer #2. I often do small seeds batches to have some to play with, that's fun and can produce impressive plants sometimes. I love the look of the plants shown on your post , certainly very good smoke.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The maple syrup flavored plants were the devastating ones. Wild maple stem rub in veg. I just can't find my pics. I will eventually. I documented that demon of a strain. I unfortunately lost the genetics Chunky gave me in a barn fire. Wish I had some of those back like Scout Breath. Not the Valley Breath tho, ugh

DNHappy

I'm not on strainly, that was a joke.

i stopped making beans years ago, nothing for sale.
Ahhh man I woulda liked to see what kinda cool stuff you made, and maybe pick some up to play with. What made you get out of making seeds? I like making seeds to preserve Incase I ever wanna smoke some stuff that I might be able to find again. Then again clones are pretty easy to come by these days. Just the matter of if it's the real deal or not.

StonedOwl

smoking a sample of the Bloomington headband a friend grew. really nice plant that reminds me of one of the old headbands I had in the triangle back in the day. very gassy and sour.

it's going to be one of my new favorites. the headband I've been passing for years is nice but this one has a better flavor and more upbeat high.

a member asked me some questions on PM might as well answer here...

#1 You have and have grown the Chem 91 Skunk VA cut. It seems everywhere I look people describe it as more sativa in effect, yet when I look at the SkunkVa thread he himself (oldtimedog or skunkva whatever he goes by now) describes the cut as Afghany. Is the cut more sativa or indica? And does it remind you of an OG Kush or Sour Diesel?

the Chemdog clone that was grown commercially in Cali when I got my med card there wasn't the real 91, it was the one people now call the Joe Brand. it's effects were more like Sour but with a chemmy flavor and I would describe it as more sativa.

the 91/SKVA to me is just weaker in power but with a longer duration high than the gassy strains. it's not like sour or og much to me and I wouldn't be surprised if it's possibly carrying some viral load that doesn't let it finish as nice as it used to maybe but I've never has a really great batch from it and it seems like it is better trade bait than smoke IMO. lots of strains don't hit their prime here in my outdoor patch tho.

#2 You have grown many OG Kush cuts ( I can't even believe how many there are) which cut is your favorite, even if you don't have it.

the original aka the josh is my favorite evening smoke, very narcotic. but many of the others are also favorites when they come out nice and some of them have sativa like effects on my brain combined with strong body effects that help my pain and I love those in the morning like the HPK and SFV and the '92.
the TK finishes great here and it is really great and quite similar to the old headband cut but stronger and more up.

if you take those cuts and crush them indoors letting them mature you might not feel any sativa effects but that's just how they hit my noggin. every year depending on conditions outside here and when I harvest I wind up with different faves for that year....

the double OG Chem #15 is probably my overall fave as it is really strong and sativa effects if I go easy on it in the mornings. because it's so strong I initially only smoked it in the evenings and wasn't enjoying it so much because it is more energizing than relaxing for my head. once I started smoking it in the daytime it quickly became my go to. the DOC #5 hits me similar to the '92 / HPK / SFV and I love it also.

#3 I was talking to Lester about how much I liked the look of your SFV OG Kush plant, but he was saying it is terribly racy. What are your thoughts on this cut?

it is awesome and many peoples fave OGK, same kinda deal where an early harvest or brain chemistry might make you paranoid... Lester might be remembering my SFV x cookieboi cross Valley Breath which as I remember made him hide under the bed after smoking it...

the double og chem strains come from an old pack of bean that was an SFV cross.

one of my favorite clones is from a cross of SFV and ECSD that Chaco worked for years and his favorite clone is the one I've been spreading called Chaco's Sour Valley for years. she is amazing daytime medicine for me with killer favor and effects.

#4 There is a gun to your head, you get to keep 5 and only 5 strains. Which ones are they?

there's always been a gun to my head Bro, my first harvest was in 1981. I'm never going to limit myself to 5, lol. I had about 60 gathered up here this spring but prolly only 30 made it in ground this season, I'm always looking for stand outs that finish up quick here.

besides what I already mentioned Chem D and ECSD are 2 way at the top of the list of things I smoke frequently. I'm still growing other strains but I hardly ever light up any cookies anymore and never smoke the hazes I grow but I like having gear for others who like it.

very stoked about this "new" headband cut and interested to see a sample soon from the "notso" headband a friend is growing. the "notso" sour finishes just like the ECSD I used to carry carry up through Chaco's bulkhead in better times now long past.

talked to Chaco this week but have not smoked with him in too long... #FukRecreational
Bought a pack of the double og chem f5 to give them a go next season, looks like rebel is running a small sale.