What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I managed a used computer and back on for the moment...

Bed 1 got half planted 1st week of june then finished the last week of June, it's looking pretty good. I was cutting back the hedgerow to give them more light here, the ladder is 7 feet high, I'm always higher....

20240720_192007.jpg

we went from very dry to hella rain about 10 days back.

20240724_173026.jpg

about half this bed is Double OG Chem 5 and 15, my faves from last year. this season I focused more on the strains I smoke and planted less new stuff. another new fave from last year, the emerald cup winner Green Lantern from Ridgeline is back along with their keeper from Green Lantern crossed to Double OG Chem F5, Double Lantern. it would be cool if it wins this year...

20240724_173043.jpg

rest of bed one is OG Kush, 92 OG Kush, Double OG Sour #3, Triangle Kush, Hollywood Pure Kush, Chem D, ECSD, Notso Sour (also ECSD), GG#4, Chem 91/SKVA, Wedding Cake, Mac 1, Grapefruit, Grapefruit Chem, Blue Dream, Super Silver Haze, Durban Poison, Wedding Cake Tropical Sleighride, Blueberry Dream Cake, White Truffle, Forum Cookies, Chaco's Sour Valley, Cherry pie, Headband, White Truffle.

I had 2 tractors break after getting part of the next bed planted...

20240715_204532.jpg

there's more DOC's in here, sour, D, 92, and some Rebel Cookies, Zkittlez, SF DOC, Black Licorice x LCG, original Runtz (from Star), my fave of them, ZZBM, Dosidos, Cap Junky.

so several beds didn't even get plowed this season and the rest of my time has been struggling to get the greenhouse put up, i had to wait weeks before I could get help to jackhammer in the ground posts then it was waitin bit by bit for the money for the additional hardware, wood, steel and plastic.

I just finished putting up a white plastic side curtain on 3 sides to block the view from the road which was a new rule they just added and I intend to wrap it in chain link fence with a gate but still have to finish the bottom board first and then buy the fencing and extra crap to mount it.

So I hoped to get it planted in May with 6 full season and 6 light dep but that boat sailed and the few plants I have in pots that were going in are looking mangey AF and I'm pretty bummed about all the work and money I put into it in the past year. I already tilled it inside and amended it and everything but it needs tilling and mounds made and compost added still and I'm not sure that's even worth doing, I doubt that I would get good flower going in this late with poor plants.

view from road
20240721_202611.jpg

20240713_205717.jpg

this was waaaay more work than I thought and we have had so many days when it was too hot for me to work outside this summer.

hopefully next season I will have it complete and be prepared better.

my full season is very healthy now so should be a good year if the weather and animals behave...

DNHappy

Man I wish I had land like that to play on. You suggested the OG double chem to me and bought a pack are you running from seed or clone? Also have a notso sour d cut is that considered ecsd? So many SD cuts don't know which is which. Also running the weasel cut with the notso to compare. Hope you put some pictures up of the notso sd, and the og double chem. Cheers.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Man I wish I had land like that to play on. You suggested the OG double chem to me and bought a pack are you running from seed or clone? Also have a notso sour d cut is that considered ecsd? So many SD cuts don't know which is which. Also running the weasel cut with the notso to compare. Hope you put some pictures up of the notso sd, and the og double chem. Cheers.
I'm running the DOC 5 and 15 clones. I saw the Notso sour finishing indoors next to the ECSD and you couldn't tell them apart which was what happened when I ran the Skunktek next to the ECSD.

I guess if you claim your sour is unique for long enough online for long enough you can sell lots of $600 clones of it, lol.

Jcue81

I saw the Notso sour finishing indoors next to the ECSD and you couldn't tell them apart which was what happened when I ran the Skunktek next to the ECSD.
This is really good information.

Your garden is beautiful @Chunkypigs. I’ve seen your last 4 seasons at least and the progression is cool to see. I’m sure you’ll get the greenhouse finished up once it cools. It’s been so f’ing hot and disgusting here in CT, too.

I still run a couple plants outdoors here for the bonding with my dad and to get him some free flowers. I set up automated drippers for him this year so he can just check them out from the deck. It’s nice to be able to give him clones with known success up here. Running the Dogwalker and GG4 for him this year.

Much respect Chunky, glad to see you posting.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
It's cool you can share your love of growing with your father, I have a similar relation with my mom, she doesn't smoke but have always made huge gardens where we lived, vegetables, fruits, flowers, trees, all type of plants. I've learned to grow thanks to her. I've told her to use some CBD oil instead of painkiller pills and it works for her severe shoulder and knee pain.

StonedOwl

I managed a used computer and back on for the moment...

Bed 1 got half planted 1st week of june then finished the last week of June, it's looking pretty good. I was cutting back the hedgerow to give them more light here, the ladder is 7 feet high, I'm always higher....

View attachment 19037691

we went from very dry to hella rain about 10 days back.

View attachment 19037692

about half this bed is Double OG Chem 5 and 15, my faves from last year. this season I focused more on the strains I smoke and planted less new stuff. another new fave from last year, the emerald cup winner Green Lantern from Ridgeline is back along with their keeper from Green Lantern crossed to Double OG Chem F5, Double Lantern. it would be cool if it wins this year...

View attachment 19037693

rest of bed one is OG Kush, 92 OG Kush, Double OG Sour #3, Triangle Kush, Hollywood Pure Kush, Chem D, ECSD, Notso Sour (also ECSD), GG#4, Chem 91/SKVA, Wedding Cake, Mac 1, Grapefruit, Grapefruit Chem, Blue Dream, Super Silver Haze, Durban Poison, Wedding Cake Tropical Sleighride, Blueberry Dream Cake, White Truffle, Forum Cookies, Chaco's Sour Valley, Cherry pie, Headband, White Truffle.

I had 2 tractors break after getting part of the next bed planted...

View attachment 19037694

there's more DOC's in here, sour, D, 92, and some Rebel Cookies, Zkittlez, SF DOC, Black Licorice x LCG, original Runtz (from Star), my fave of them, ZZBM, Dosidos, Cap Junky.

so several beds didn't even get plowed this season and the rest of my time has been struggling to get the greenhouse put up, i had to wait weeks before I could get help to jackhammer in the ground posts then it was waitin bit by bit for the money for the additional hardware, wood, steel and plastic.

I just finished putting up a white plastic side curtain on 3 sides to block the view from the road which was a new rule they just added and I intend to wrap it in chain link fence with a gate but still have to finish the bottom board first and then buy the fencing and extra crap to mount it.

So I hoped to get it planted in May with 6 full season and 6 light dep but that boat sailed and the few plants I have in pots that were going in are looking mangey AF and I'm pretty bummed about all the work and money I put into it in the past year. I already tilled it inside and amended it and everything but it needs tilling and mounds made and compost added still and I'm not sure that's even worth doing, I doubt that I would get good flower going in this late with poor plants.

view from road
View attachment 19037695

View attachment 19037696

this was waaaay more work than I thought and we have had so many days when it was too hot for me to work outside this summer.

hopefully next season I will have it complete and be prepared better.

my full season is very healthy now so should be a good year if the weather and animals behave...
Love the pictures Chunky.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
things are rocking hard, trying to get staked, caged and interiors cleaned out...

Greenhouse is a shitshow, don't even want to take pics. my starts were damaged before they went in and don't think they will make any decent flowers, it's had me pretty bummed out after all the money and energy dumped into it but next year should be different.

got a big top dress out just before 4" of rain last week, things flooded here but that's why I spend so much energy making mounds. have not watered since late June, too much rain again this season.

if you been hitting me up for cuttings this is the week to visit the finger lakes...

20240813_180008(1).jpg

my main patch got almost doubled in size this year, 1800 sq feet now and took out a tree that was shading the far end.

20240813_152604(1).jpg

20240813_171819.jpg

20240813_171839.jpg

20240813_152649.jpg

Grapefruit Chem on left SC Blue Dream on right

20240813_152951.jpg

bed 3 has had some animal munching and a hard flood last week but doing ok, these were not planted until very late.
20240813_153546.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Nice mounds and cover crop :) if mine were sunk in the ground instead of up on pallets, they would have have drowned by now
It rains a lot this summer where you live? So far in my country it has been a weird summer, it rained a lot and temps raised to summer level only recently but it's still very humid.There was PM on tomatoes and potatoes leaves in june/july in mother's garden this is totally unusual.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It rains a lot this summer where you live? So far in my country it has been a weird summer, it rained a lot and temps raised to summer level only recently but it's still very humid.There was PM on tomatoes and potatoes leaves in june/july in mother's garden this is totally unusual.
It can… it does …it has been :) … some summers or dryer then others & rarely do we get a dry fall

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
yeah they were judging last years outs aboout 6 weeks ago, they were submitted in Janurary...

they keep trying to figure out a way to make money with this thing since recreational rules made it impossible to sell weed or seeds at the event.

the emerald cup used to be an event where anyone could rent booth space and sell seeds, weed, hash and because it was so big all the commercial players had booths too and it made huge money.

since recreational it gets smaller and smaller in attendance and booths and each year they try new times and venues but what people really came for was to buy seeds from the cup winners and the money spent was black market weed growers payoing top dollar for beans and headstash.

legalization has ruined the quality of everything in our weed culture. I meet about zero growers younger than me who want to preserve old clones, everyone wants to run them occasionally but the circle holding them shrinks every spring and people holding legal permits are looking for better yields and things that finish faster.

it's really sad here, legal shops filled with expensive boof with fake names and sticker stores filled with the oldest nasty dried out boof and when you see the pounds they have in the back they have so much shake at the bottom. they look like pounds from the 70's the shit is so old and dried out now. it looks like the only fresh indoor in my area any more is coming from pretty big indoor ops that were producing boof to begin with. almost everyone doing higher end small indo like Star or smaller has quit and got a real job by now and the home dealers selling bags are all gone. the few small guys I know now are mostly selling cheap zips to friends and very few who earn their living doing it.

hoping the government collapses soon and the black market gets control again of weed, no one even remembers medical patients like me anymore.

Tynehead Tom

yeah they were judging last years outs aboout 6 weeks ago, they were submitted in Janurary...

they keep trying to figure out a way to make money with this thing since recreational rules made it impossible to sell weed or seeds at the event.

the emerald cup used to be an event where anyone could rent booth space and sell seeds, weed, hash and because it was so big all the commercial players had booths too and it made huge money.

since recreational it gets smaller and smaller in attendance and booths and each year they try new times and venues but what people really came for was to buy seeds from the cup winners and the money spent was black market weed growers payoing top dollar for beans and headstash.

legalization has ruined the quality of everything in our weed culture. I meet about zero growers younger than me who want to preserve old clones, everyone wants to run them occasionally but the circle holding them shrinks every spring and people holding legal permits are looking for better yields and things that finish faster.

it's really sad here, legal shops filled with expensive boof with fake names and sticker stores filled with the oldest nasty dried out boof and when you see the pounds they have in the back they have so much shake at the bottom. they look like pounds from the 70's the shit is so old and dried out now. it looks like the only fresh indoor in my area any more is coming from pretty big indoor ops that were producing boof to begin with. almost everyone doing higher end small indo like Star or smaller has quit and got a real job by now and the home dealers selling bags are all gone. the few small guys I know now are mostly selling cheap zips to friends and very few who earn their living doing it.

hoping the government collapses soon and the black market gets control again of weed, no one even remembers medical patients like me anymore.
sounds like you are describing Canada, post 2017 legalization.
I know one guy who still has his regular customer taking his pounds but for 1/2 the pre legalization rate. Everyone else I know that used to cash crop has pretty much quit growing.... the 4 plant per property rec limit is a complete joke.
Even selling seeds is pretty much a losing proposition these days and my last drop might just be.... my last drop LOL

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
things are rocking hard, trying to get staked, caged and interiors cleaned out...

Greenhouse is a shitshow, don't even want to take pics. my starts were damaged before they went in and don't think they will make any decent flowers, it's had me pretty bummed out after all the money and energy dumped into it but next year should be different.

I feel you on being bummed about the greenhouse not up and running. I too have been scratching up hill, but we're in it for the long haul. The crop lost this year will be forgotten about next year, brahda.

Your gardens look great, healthy, well laid out, nice variety. Can't complain to much.

Be well,
Steele

DNHappy

I'm sorry to hear all that. Even in California i see people selling there whole operation for cheap. Also see a lot of the shops testing positive for pesticides. Weed is still good here in California but it doesn't have that overpowering stanky goodness like weed from the back in the days. I hunt for stuff that people don't like smoking anymore. I appreciate the plant. Making money would be nice but that's out the window for me. It's more of a stress reliever when i grow. It's feels good when you take your jar out and everyone is surprised how good it smells and taste like a chef cooking up a good meal. Well I hope you guys are doing well. My Crimean to crap as I got some spider mites as well as thrips this run. Tore down my whole garden and threw everything away to start over this coming winter. Happy growing

Latest posts

Latest posts