What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

dj's blue berry & flo, headband, bubba and pure kush

mxpx

wick650 said:
IBut unfortunatley that mild pine air refreshener aroma just does'nt cut it. \.

hey man thanks for that smell description, i have the 91chem in my garden for the first time and thats how it smells, i dont find this smell to be anything to brag about and with that being said i asked myself, "is this really chemdog?" sure is a frosty bitch but the smell is very ordinary

wick650 said:
I think trainwreck is great personally, bit tired of it by now, but whats wrong with the wreck? Its def. a unique cut.

Anyways, true the chem 4 is a yeild monster, and perhaps even better than the 707 H.B. But unfortunatley that mild pine air refreshener aroma just does'nt cut it. The trademark quality of the Arcata/707 headband is it's powerful stank and straight up dank O.G flavor... I don't know what more one could ask for in a O.G Kush driven market? Orgnkid's Sour Kush and that Sour D x O.G cut going around certaintly perform the role well too, but IMO and seeming market consesus down here in So Cal: the 707 H.B reigns supreme ATM. All the strains in this thread are great varities.

wat up thanks for not making this thread kushtarded. the problem with the wreck is its like the purple or any other clone that gets big in townie :violin: many representations of the cut lead to a watered down view of what truly excellent samples of the strain is.

i dont know if youve ever encountered chem #4 to really be smelling like that pine cleaner..but very skanky and fuely and as pungent as a well grown bubba in flower. its true, her smell isnt as skank as the D when its dried up, but hey...the possibility of getting 2.5+ without much work isn't shabby.
out of orgnkids clones im most impressed with banana og.. the chocolate yoohoo smell in veg is crazy and so is how that girl grows.

sorry to deviate.

ive also seen you post that og doesnt outcross well...

I beg to differ, banana og kush(the cut), nycd x og all have very very og dominant plants in the lines. maybe its just breeding with the wrong "og" that doesnt lead to good progeny...cause whatever cut the kid has as his pure og is definately a dominant OG to be hybridizing. And not the one he gave to ghost1

Last edited:

wick650

MXPX-
In my experience and the majority of enviorments I've seen, Chem '91 is overwhelmingly stanky. Very astringent burn your nose type fuel aroma. It's possible you have'nt got it just dialed in right yet.

Mostwanted-
Whats up dude. Think I know who you are, give me a P.M some time and we talk again.

About the Chem 4, I'm sure it can be done better than what I've seen from different local grows. But I do not get any intense aromas out of it, and the most prominant flavor is a pine tree aroma that is'nt too attractive, there is a hint of fuel but buried by that pine tree flavor unfortunatley.

I guess I should revise that statement about the outcross potential of O.G.... when inbred with another cut/male from the chem/diesel line I have seen some amazing results in an O.G cross... like the aforementioned orgnkid Sour Kush and O.G/SD. However even then it requires a large selection population to find them. Orgnkid went through 100 seeds to find the Sour Kush cut. That Kaia Kush cut from the apothecary boys just came down at at a local buddy's grow, I'm gonna go check it out but from what I heard from him theres def. an O.G stank to it with a bit of haze undertones (kaia kush = SSH x O.G)... but those apothecary boys had to search hard for that pheno/cutting too, and also went through around a hundred beans as well to find it.

Orgnkids Bannana O.G cut is a cool strain, but come on where's that O.G kush undertones in the aroma/flavor? They're nonexistant in that Bannana O.G cut, to me that strain reminds me of the type of artificial sweet flavors that Afgooey for ex. exhibit. But wow that bannana O.G has got killer bag appeal, calyxed out and gets rediculously COVERED in trichomes. That Bananana O.G def. stands toe to toe with any other strain/cut I've ever come across in the frost department.

Last edited:
wick650 said:
Orgnkids Bannana O.G cut is a cool strain, but come on where's that O.G kush undertones in the aroma/flavor? They're nonexistant in that Bannana O.G cut, to me that strain reminds me of the type of artificial sweet flavors that Afgooey for ex. exhibit. But wow that bannana O.G has got killer bag appeal, calyxed out and gets rediculously COVERED in trichomes. That Bananana O.G def. stands toe to toe with any other strain/cut I've ever come across in the frost department.

What's up homie, the Banana OG clone that I have is the kids personal cut of banana og.

It is definately just like smoking OG...with banana undertones.

the kid is notorious for giving out "B" phenos that are just a bit different. :violin: SO for those "in tha know" the Banana OG is FIRE. Oh yea it also grows like a fucking possesed beast.

chem 4 is ultra fire. it definately has the ability to have the skunky, fuely smells as strong as the piney dank winter forest smells...its got a nice hit too but i just am not in to growing plants out of the diesel line

and boo Apothecary...seriously...someone who moved to norcal in the early 00s and then claimed they bred the urkle...come on..please. :spank:

Last edited:
T

TwistedRemedy

huh who would of thought all this the gratefull dead had somthing to do with all this mess

rollinfatty

Lookin good.

Heres some razz growing outdoors on the east coast...flowered early for some reason and has a strong grape smell to it.

The seeds came from a friend who had gotten them from an indoor grower. The buds had large calyxes with good crystal coverage. Strong and unique odor/taste. Great overall stone.

D

dankbudz

the banana OG ive smoked sounds like what mostwanted said.

apothecary is a joke. theyre all about the cash. saying they bred erkle made me ROTFLMAO!! they just know how to market shit to arjan and green house.

with the razz its super fluffy and smells like grapes. it will go almost black....if let go long enough.

D

dankbudz

some new pics. all planta are 5 weeks flowering and all organic.

pics 1-5: DJ shorts BB mother

pics 6 & 7: DJ shorts flo mother 5 weeks flowering:

pics 8 & 9:LA confidential

pics 10 & 11: headband

pic 12: magic...local cut

pic 13: original haze

D

dankbudz

the magic is comparable to the cheese/green crack buzz wise. i still think they are light weight smokes...i have a few patients who like this one as a day time smoke.

ElGato

Veteran
yo dankbudz!!!....what up

nice thread , nice plants !!!

and just to clarify on the headband thingy guys, dankbudz cut is not even remotely similar to shroomy's Orig diesel....at least not in veg lol
and personaly from the way it veg's i think DB's headband is an old OG or something very similar to OG anyway....it's got that leaf curl thing that alot of OG's have and is one lanky gal

the real headband according to JJ grows more like the Mass. SS , more stout/stocky
with a skunky/diesely flav.....which to me sounds alot like the shroomy420 Orig Diesel aka amish diesel

anyway....the 707HB sounds like something i'd like to try lol :violin:

L8r feller's

mj

Last edited:
D

dankbudz

thanks for the input MJ. basically waiting to hear back from you what you think the cut maybe. there are some people in LA saying its the real deal old school OG kush. so when ever you finish it let us know what ya think. ive flipped through alotta real deal HB pics the buds look similar but its like JJ said HB grows more like the mass ss...where this cut grows golf ball nuggets and stretches like a mofo.

i was talking with the person i got the cut from and were both scratching our heads wondering how this cut ended up on the east coast being called headband. so until a few more people puff it and verify whether it is or not ill still call it HB. when it is verified HB or something else i guess there will be a new name for it.

whether its the real HB or not..its by far the dankest shit ive ever puffed. this cut is really on another level.

ElGato

Veteran
dankbudz said:
whether its the real HB or not..its by far the dankest shit ive ever puffed. this cut is really on another level.

thats what i'm talkin bout!!!!..... i cant wait!!! :muahaha:

mj

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
DB - Nice collection man! I am envious! Much respect!

Last edited:

wick650

Dank Budz headband cut is either the 707 Headband or a sibling IMO. A nice yeilding vigerous O.G Kush type cut. Woud love to compare some day. Peace guys, nice to see you El Gato

Latest posts

Latest posts