What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Darksiders Fishing Adventures..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@mike-or-ozzy. Thanks m8 going to try my best.:tiphat:

@flower-power. Yeah always best to be prepared and this time i was not hopefully it dont happen again.:thank you:.

@sneezydog. Yes you need to be hydrated on the water ive nearly always got bottled water on board its a must for me best be safe than sorry :good:

@armedoldhippy. No you are correct they are neither these ones are Atlantic mackerel taste very nice :thank you:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice! they look a lot like pacific mackerel. Lots of folks don't like mackerel, but that's their loss....mackerel are a damn good oily fish.
You are right my friend not much difference to be honest pacific are a little smaller and have the spots underbelly but taste is there with the atlantic the pacific are still rare from where i fish north sea if im not mistaken, i also think the eyes are bigger on the pacific than the atlantic but maybes im wrong either way they tase real nice. :good:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
20240729_082315-jpg.19039932
Beautiful pic(without the metal ^^)!

So you got your like button now, nice. 😁

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ever eat mackerel japanese style, broiled (or bbq'd) fillets (skin on) with finely grated daikon and soy sauce with rice? If not, give it a try...it is truly good stuff.
Yes m8 in england we call the daikon a white raddish mind you i had to google it to make sure, The wife was eating them the other day and i asked whats them but she told me a thai name which was over my head so to speak, anyhow yes ive ate them the same way you do but now mostly i put them on the george forman grill or the ninja more or less the same ..

@Mitsuharu yes m8 on the advice of Gypsy the thread was moved over here as a lot of us old farts like to do a bit fishing in the tokers den so made sense really and yes the like button is an advantage i suppose as for the metal in photo its on the front of the bow a safety rail more or less .

@armedoldhippy yes very beneficial indeed taste lovely and this is what ive just ate and thanks to all for looking in to the thread its appreciated always thanks guys..
20240731_175453.jpg
20240731_175634.jpg
20240731_185110.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well a late finish today, on the water for 6 hours but all in all a good round fishing trip only out about 3-4 mile max today, and fetched 70 mackerel and 3 cod and 1 lobster home to keep, and threw a lot of small codling back today all under size so back they go for another day when bigger, food for thought so to speak, well it wasnt as easy as the last trip as today the winds and swells were slightly different which made it a little bit more to be alert from freakish waves but still all good , freezers are getting there 3 quarters full on the 2 fish freezers so maybes another few outings and they should be full to the top but have to leave room for my bait for the cod and other species after the mackerel move on, but getting there slowly but surely anyhow more to come i hope but for now heres todays photos T.B.C.
a (1).jpg
a (2).jpg
a (3).jpg
a (4).jpg
a (5).jpg
a (6).jpg
a (7).jpg
a (8).jpg
a (9).jpg