What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Darksiders Fishing Adventures..

sneezydog

Nice reel. :) try it out.... i want to hear what you think. Technology.... already not making the boat or rowing/sailing so why not optimise... my arm doesnt miss the little rotations and still have to pump the fish up...

sneezydog

And they make nice attachments for conventional reels... got one from fishwinch. Fishwinch 2.0 on an international 50 tw. Works just like an international with a toggle motor because thats all it is but its strong. Just have to watch the hooks when it comes up..same drag, rod, etc.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys for looking in i managed to get my first mackerel yesterday offshore, about 5 miles as close in water was really dirty, and more bad weather on way, caught 5 decent mackerel 2 cod and unlimited whities 2 brown crab and 2 lobsters it was not the best of weather as was hard to stand up had a few big swells come over the back of the transom but still all good got home safely no photos im afraid and my signature says no pictures it did not happen ha ha ha ok i can go with that photos next time,,, Uzsidoboz yeah before i bought the boat i mostly spun for mackerel great fun indeed i miss it at times but a lot easier for me on boat most times :wave: sneezydog i still did not take the reel out yesterday as it was a spur of the moment i went fishing and i hear you loud and clear about pumping those fish so its a must for me to use it and thanks for that link to will look at it soon stay tuned guys. T.B.C.:wave:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well just getting back from 4 hours of fishing no bait at all used just feathers today got a phone call from a pal of mine asking if i caught the day before told him yes but poor to be honest, he was out at the crack of dawn and hammered the fish today so thought time for a few hours of fishing and back to the same spot i went off yesterday, and today caught nearly every drop 3s 4s and singles as well, was hard work lifting today but got back safe and sound, water was realy calm and to my amazment cleared up considerably compared to yesterday fetched 143 keepers back 140 mackerel 2 whiting and 1 haddock no pots today straight fishing did not have time for them today also did not clean boat so will be down first thing as covered in blood but a good afternoons fishing,, and as promised last year,, a box will be heading down south this week, soon as i sort out a courier after tomorrow :good: for now these will be getting frozen and packed fresh from the sea to freezer all in under 6 hours cannot beat freshness well heres todays photos as it did happen ha ha hopefully add more photos when frozen in the middle of it now take care stay safe and more,. .....Edited on numbers counted and frozen now...a little more than last count by 3 ha ha ha..T.B.C.
20240721_164722.jpg
20240721_165605.jpg
20240721_165612.jpg

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys for looking in appreciated as usual, Im back out again tommorrow for another early start weather permitting of course and its looking not bad to be honest fridays weather better but needs must be as they say, so hopefully plenty fish and photos tommorrow.need these freezers of mine stocked up with mackerel as cod is here most times mackerel not so much so till tommorrow take care have fun stay safe and keep smiling or pretend too ..:ROFLMAO::biggrin::good:

Dime

Thanks sneezydog its appreciated as for the electric reels i bought one last year here it is been gathering dust behind settee for 12 month ha ha.. its brand new and a decent make too bought the full kit and batteries .... batteries average last about 6 hours saves the wires getting in the way... but never actually used as of yet,, my m8 uses one and told me they were the dogs bollocks so with that said i bought one but im old school i like my fixed spool very easy to use but willing to try it out this year maybes and hopefully on the water soon weather permitting i need westerly winds for the win keeps the water flattish as at the minute the water is dirty so mackerel cannot see the lures as good,.. To be honest my pal was out yesterday testing the water and caught zilch ha ha 6 hours so i can wait a bit longer any how thanks for the thoughts stay tuned and thanks for looking in appreciated :good: View attachment 19033926
Hard to beat Shimano reels

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys, im back and not a moment to soon my back is aching big swells today filthy water and very hard to stand up in boat come back home 10mins ago with one cod and 3 whiting fish, cod about 3 pound in weight whitings average size been out since 4 in morning glad to be back time for a coffee and a shower sorry no photos today and yes i will be back out again with photos next time i hope T.B.C.

superx

Veteran
Hey DS,

That's a serious haul of Mackerel, we use to catch these down at the docks years ago when they were in. (horse mackerel)

We would use a spark plug for a long cast with bits of tinfoil wrapped around the hooks, they go for anything shinny. Such a delicious fish with super healthy oils..

Mrs superx use to make a really nice pate with horseradish and lemon juice, was really nice spread over cracker bread, the stock is also amazing and very strong, just a head of fennel and lite seasoing makes a wonderful broth, so good for you.. Your eating the finest buddy, hope you got lots of Guinness in for washing them down..

Happy fishing man.. 🐟

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey DS,

That's a serious haul of Mackerel, we use to catch these down at the docks years ago when they were in. (horse mackerel)

We would use a spark plug for a long cast with bits of tinfoil wrapped around the hooks, they go for anything shinny. Such a delicious fish with super healthy oils..

Mrs superx use to make a really nice pate with horseradish and lemon juice, was really nice spread over cracker bread, the stock is also amazing and very strong, just a head of fennel and lite seasoing makes a wonderful broth, so good for you.. Your eating the finest buddy, hope you got lots of Guinness in for washing them down..

Happy fishing man.. 🐟
Oh yes m8 plenty mackerel and guinness,. yes i remember sometimes we get the odd few horse mackerel across this way also know as shads, ive caught a good few over the years and the taste is different, but still taste nice,. These ones are atlantic mackerel and yes they attack the same as horse mackerel, like magpies they love shiny objects seems you hit the nail on the head so to speak, As for tinfoil i used it many moons ago catching the same way you did, cheap and cheerful them were the days ha ha,and yes one of the healthiest eating fish around nice to hear you done the same m8 and thanks for looking in plenty more i hope to come T.B.C.

sneezydog

Yessah. Windy here too hehe. Dawn on the water is hard to beat even just to be out there trying. I trolled a couple dead baits and the wind told me time to go. Fully skunked today but usually i just bottomfish all my time so its ok to try something different.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys back from another few hours on the water today only caught the 39 today but water was flat calm dolphins swimming as well as a lot of seals bobbing around but was fun to watch them,. all in all not a bad few hours out no cod just 37 mackerel and 2 whiting fish to fetch home let loads go small stuff better than nothing but then again thats why its called fishing and not catching ha ha ha ,, T.B.C.
20240728_132255.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well today is another day looking good enough for fishing so time to get my boots on and set off on another fishing trip and hopefully fill my freezer maybes today or maybes not we shall see :biggrin::good: T.B.C. in a few hours..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back from another day on the water 4 hours flat calm and damn hot only problem was i ran out of drinking water 3 hours into it but when catching needs must be back home safe and sound now and a decent days fishing with 48 mackerel, 1 ling, 1 cod, 2 haddock, and 2 whiting and 1 bleg, not to bad lets hope it gets better :biggrin::good:T.B.C.
20240730_102411.jpg
20240730_102420.jpg
20240730_120446.jpg
20240730_134044.jpg
20240730_134054.jpg