What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Darksiders Fishing Adventures..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its that time of day once more water is calm my friend just phoned so today we take his boat and mine out so should be fun as he also wants mackerel only going for about 4 hours then im guessing my freezers or at least one i hope is full,. time will tell must get ready will show photos when i return if i catch that is,,. T.B.C.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Sardines and Mackerel are the two top nutritious fish you can eat - and should be an important part of anyone's diet - DARKSIDER sent me a box of Mackerel over a week ago - and the Mrs has been cooking them up for us to eat here - and they are delicious 😋 -
Many thanks DARKSIDER! - Grow On! - and Fish On! mate -

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sardines and Mackerel are the two top nutritious fish you can eat - and should be an important part of anyone's diet - DARKSIDER sent me a box of Mackerel over a week ago - and the Mrs has been cooking them up for us to eat here - and they are delicious 😋 -
Many thanks DARKSIDER! - Grow On! - and Fish On! mate -
Will do m8, and hey no worries without yourself and the forum i would still be fishing from rock to piers but not now m8 Thanks to you and your forum cheers,. Well i fetched back home today 119 mackerel and 1 cod all cleaned and in the freezers as of ten minutes ago good day out we fetched over 250 fish back alltogether weather was great now time for a shower and food,, 1 freezer full,, and the other 3 quarters full of nothing but fish all different species i add well thats it for today stay safe guys ..T.B.C..
A (1).jpg
A (2).jpg
A (3).jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys appreciated as usual many thanks :good::thank you:

@ dime good video:good: and when your pulling 3s and 4s up ata time and they are bouncing all over the place with hooks in your hands nearly, the quickest way i use is the priest method been using it for over 40 years or so quick and humane a sharp knock to the head and thats it mind you i use a rolling pin does the same job :biggrin:.

@ sneezydog yeah m8, Sent them a week ago or so i promised him and his family a box full and i do like to keep my word so all in all sent and delivered fresh from the water to the door all good :good: . Yeah we done not to bad yesterday more than 250 between us .. Now i will be targetting cod haddock and other species as freezer 1 is full of mackerel so dont need any more but having a day of today relaxing i hope,:biggrin: Anyhow time for coffee so take care all you happy people out there.. T.B.C.:thank you:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be careful these days, don´t go to town, that they don´t fishing you in the riots!
Riots for now are lying dormant so instead of listening to all the media bull,, i will have a day or at least several hours on the water and will be targetting everything but mackerel,, since ive said that now, watch this space :biglaugh: Well time for the off nearly one more hour or so T.B.C.:wave:

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
I think the riots were just a question of time and sadly not the last in Europe. The media sucks, they told everybody was a nazi, but I think it was more ordinary, simple, angry people.

But what I wanted to ask, do you fish the mackerels with a net? I think so, got no idea about fishing.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well back from my little fishing trip and it was ok but not great had a strong undercurrent today pulling the line everywhere so had to work hard for the fish and as said watch this space ha ha ha should never of opened my big gob ha ha todays catch was 56 fish altogether gave some away on return but kept some i had no intention of keeping them but needs sometimes must, the weather was ok a bit of a swell to start with then it turned out very sunny and hot compared to an average day here i kept think it was 27 alltogether 1 pollock 10 mackerel and 16 whitefish through a few back not worth keeping to small undersize to live for another day alls well that ends well so they say.

Thanks for looking in guys always appreciated 100 percent and janKowalski yes my friend i use penn and shimano mostly cannot fault them to be honest bulletproof some would say sort of.:good:

Hermanthegerman no m8 never use a net, all line caught rod and reel always more sport and a lot get away compared to a net more for next year in a way, provided the big boats stay to there quota and keep away from inshore which is not always the case seen it with my own eyes taking food from the table for the small boating community but hey thats business so they say and yes i agree about the riots dont get me started ha ha anyhow thats it for today stay tuned, as its T.B.C.:good:

z (1).jpg
z (2).jpg
z (3).jpg
z (4).jpg
z (5).jpg
z (6).jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Early bird catches the worm so to speak decided to go offshore today about 20 miles give or take weather is looking permitting but will keep a close eye on her today as been forecast for storms last few days and nothing has came this way so far winds are very light touch wood,. Well today i shall be targetting anything and everything apart from mackerel have enough to last till next year so wont be needing any at all anyhow time to start getting ready for the off so until i return i wish you all a good day .. :wave:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for looking in guys didnt have time for photos yesterday and to be honest it was a little windy on the water but still managed to fetch a few home the wrecks had very little fish on them so maybes someone had beaten me to them as when i approached the first wreck i seen a boat moving away from that area 12 miles out till first wreck but like said first come early bird and all that ha ha at least i fetched some cod for the freezer so not a waste of a journey but today im feeling that lumpy water off yesterday on my old bones so to speak:biggrin:, Anyhow not much to show apart from these photos so till the next time stay safe my friends and take care T.B.C.
cod (1).jpg
cod (2).jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts