What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

climate change

H

Huckster79

Fight not fire and extinct not instinct- damn medication anyway lol

U

Ununionized

I was saying JONES said it stopped warming in 98.

***JONES SAID IT STOPPED WARMING in 95***

***He then said it had COOLED since 2002***

That apparently wrong contraction by me, of his words, is because when Jones said that, he had - LITERALLY been in a state of complete, emotional, collapse for several weeks. He had been suspended and it was looking like he might be put in jail.

And it TURNED out, that when he said it stopped warming in '95, later examination shows that - maybe 1995, but most certainly not by much; and most likely it was 1998.
It's according to whether you keep all of the raw data, or discard some of it.

People still refer to '95 as the hottest year occasionally, as well as '97: but there was a massive '98 El Nino that made some of the globe's local temps hotter than local temps, globally in 95, and 97; so there's a period in there where it's really, just six of one, a half dozen of the other.

The entire world made it flying around, etc all through WW2 and Vietnam, and NASA actually INVENTING computerized global climate modeling with the records available in the30s, 40s, and 50s, so - these TINY amounts, they really aren't important, at ALL.

The original computerized global climate models were to get men in and out of the burn zone in orbit trajectory by craft - where you can be either bumped back out to space because you hit the atmosphere too shallow, or you burn up because you dig in, too deep; and friction builds up so fast it burns the craft from the outside in. Kind of obviously, generally along leading edges and faces of whatever the vehicle is.

Magic Gas scamming involves PRETENSE if the TEMPERATURE MOVES AT ALL: we are all in dire peril.

I DID explain that the British system is different and they don't just fire people to let them die in the street, if you're a REAL Brit and have ties to the PEERAGE which is kind of a group of people whose birthrights - it's a little island and they are afraid the real original Brits will be just rubbed out -

If you're well connected in England, it's almost impossible to rub you out completely and make you go shine shoes out in front of the local expensive hotel, so you can afford a bottle of Ripple to sip in your new card board estate in the Alley.

There were MASSIVE investigations. Almost all these said they found ' 'no administrative fraud, ' ' and those that did, said it was 'minor' and 'scientists of conscience' - in other words, activists.

Jones was put into another position there with the CRU as ''Head of Research''. This is a well paying job of itself, so Jones was not run out of town on a rail like people have happen to them in many places around the world.

''The Cause'' as it's called by the scientists doing the scamming, is massive, MASSIVE, political power wrestling - at the ''came to within a hair's breadth of being the president'' and ''most beloved presidential candidate in decades'' against ''one of the LEAST liked presidents in decades'' level. And the sheer financially possible weight, by government employees using basically their job's copy, ink, paper, getting PRESS RELEASES - the sheer weight of

''stop thinking, bark the party line or be gone NOW'' - REALLY is just MASSIVE in a way: ELEMENTARY school teachers are telling kids: the ATMOSPHERE is a HEATER.
Middle school kids are being told.
High school kids are being told.
Jr College kids.
U.N.I.V.E.R.S.I.T.Y. students are told : S.t.F.u. YOU'RE INCOMPETENT and WE don't WANT that talk here.

PHD PROFESSORS are told ''WE DON'T TAKE PAPERS on THE ATMOSPHERE being a REFRIGERATED BATH any more: and WE WONDER if YOU FIT INTO the MODERN SCIENTIFIC PARADIGM.

FOR simply pointing out: you can't take a sensor and put it on ANY rock you're warming with a light,

then DUNK it in a stream of COLD AIR,

spraying it with water, evaporating THAT off,

and have the heat SENSORS on that ROCK,

show the TEMP went UP when you put that ROCK

into the COLD STREAM of REFRIGERATED WIND.

That's stopping 20% of the energy that was WARMING the rock, from ever getting TO the rock. Ya'll.

---------------------

"I HEATED IT UP with the LIGHT.''

"I THEN began WASHING COLD AIR over the ROCK while SPRAYING it

with WATER. The COLD AIR blocked 20% OF the light, I was WARMING the ROCK with.

''BLOWING IT with the COLD, MOIST AIR
that blocked a fifth of the light energy WARMING the rock initially,

and also just SPRAYING IT DOWN with COLD WATER and blowing THAT with cold air till THAT evaporated,

''MADE the TEMPERATURE of the rock RISE till it was HOTTER ''

''than BEFORE I WASHED IT with the cold WIND and THE WATER.''

The green house gas species water that blocked the light to the rock, that had been warming it, and that did the phase change refrigeration, was what made it get the hottest?

''Yep.''
''So you can SEE: it REALLY, really IS, a MAGICAL, MAGICAL, GAiS.''

Ya'LL.

"Now -AIN'T that uh.. MAGICAL HEETuR? ! Boy Howdy, when I discovered THAT one, I had to go inject some Heroin-0-Juana !"

Last edited:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
1001 Reasons Why Global Warming Is So Totally Over In 2016

by James Delingpole, 4 Jan 2016

Let’s start the New Year as we mean to go on: by dancing joyfully and triumphantly on the grave of man-made global warming.

Climate change is over. It’s a busted flush. The alarmists now have all the credibility of bewildered Harold Camping followers shivering on a mountaintop the morning after the night before, looking all shifty and embarrassed as they realise the Rapture their models so confidently promised just ain’t going to happen…

If you still doubt this, here are three recent pieces which should put your mind at rest.

The first – modestly titled The Most Comprehensive Assault On Global Warming Ever – was written by a US physics professor called Mike van Biezen. It lists ten of the reasons (though there are many more) why man-made global warming theory no longer has any credibility. They are:
1.Temperature records from around the world do not support the assumption that today’s temperatures are unusual

2. Satellite temperature data does not support the assumption that temperatures are rising rapidly

3. Current temperatures are always compared to the temperatures of the 1980’s, but for many parts of the world the 1980’s was the coldest decade of the last 100+ years

4. The world experienced a significant cooling trend between 1940 and 1980

5.Urban heat island effect skews the temperature data of a significant number of weather stations

6. There is a natural inverse relationship between global temperatures and atmospheric CO2levels

7. The CO2 cannot, from a scientific perspective, be the cause of significant global temperature changes

8. There have been many periods during our recent history that a warmer climate was prevalent long before the industrial revolution

9.Glaciers have been melting for more than 150 years

10. “Data adjustment” is used to continue the perception of global warming
Then there are two pieces on what, for me, is the single most persuasive argument against man-made global warming theory: the (considerably more dramatic) fluctuations of climate long before mankind was in any position to influence it.

Here are the key points of an essay on the subject by Ed Hoskins:
Our current beneficial, warm Holocene interglacial has been the enabler of mankind’s civilisation for the last 10,000 years. The congenial climate of the Holocene epoch spans from mankind’s earliest farming to the scientific and technological advances of the last 100 years.

However all the Northern Hemisphere Ice Core records from Greenland show:

• the last millennium 1000AD – 2000AD has been the coldest millennium of the entire Holocene interglacial.
  • each of the notable high points in the Holocene temperature record, (Holocene Climate Optimum – Minoan – Roman – Medieval – Modern), have been progressively colder than the previous high point.
  • for its first 7-8000 years the early Holocene, including its high point “climate optimum”, had virtually flat temperatures, an average drop of only ~0.007 °C per millennium.
  • but the more recent Holocene, since a “tipping point” at ~1000BC, has seen a temperature diminution at more than 20 times that earlier rate at about 0.14 °C per millennium.
  • the Holocene interglacial is already 10 – 11,000 years old and judging from the length of previous interglacials the Holocene epoch should be drawing to its close: in this century, the next century or this millennium.
  • the beneficial warming at the end of the 20th century to the Modern high point has been responsible the “Great Man-made Global Warming Scare”.
  • eventually this late 20th century temperature blip will come to be seen as just noise in the system in the longer term progress of comparatively rapid cooling over the last 3000+ years.
  • other published Greenland Ice Core records as well as GISP2, (NGRIP1, GRIP) corroborate this finding. They also exhibit the same pattern of a prolonged relatively stable early Holocene period followed by a subsequent much more rapid decline in the more recent past.
When considering the scale of temperature changes that alarmists anticipate because of Man-made Global Warming and their view of the disastrous effects of additional Man-made Carbon Dioxide emissions in this century, it is useful to look at climate change from a longer term, century by century and even on a millennial perspective.

The much vaunted and much feared “fatal” tipping point of +2°C would only bring Global temperatures close to the level of the very congenial climate of “the Roman warm period”.

If it were possible to reach the “horrendous” level of +4°C postulated by Warmists, that extreme level of warming would still only bring temperatures to about the level of the previous Eemian maximum, a warm and abundant epoch, when hippopotami thrived in the Rhine delta.
Finally, a study by another amateur enthusiast, JWR Whitfield, examining the relationship between CO2 and climate on an even longer term scale (400,000 years plus).

This represents a fairly recent development in our understanding of climate. Back in 1998, for example, when Michael Mann et al presented their hugely influential paper “Observed Climate Variability & Change”, the ice-core data available to scientists went back only 100,000 years (thus covering only one of the planet’s glaciation periods). Since then, thanks to two enlarged time scale Antarctica ice cores – Vostok and Epica – we can go back much further, covering at least four Glacial (cold) and Interglacial (warm) periods.

Two key things become clear from this data. The first is that, on a longer-term scale, Earth’s climate has fluctuated far more dramatically than the puny and inconsequential 0.8 degrees C rise in global mean temperature we’ve experienced since 1850. And the second is that rises and falls in CO2 lag rises and falls in temperature: that is, it’s temperature which pushes CO2 levels, not the other way round.

Whitfield goes on to examine the influence of the sun and of the oceans on climate which, he demonstrates, is much stronger than the small-to-non-existent influence of the trace gas CO2.

Not that any of this stuff is new, of course. But it’s useful information to keep handy every time you come upon another of those of smug, sanctimonious types who has been taught by the New York Times, the Guardian, the BBC, HuffPo or whoever that “deniers” are motivated solely by money or ideology and have no scientific arguments to support their case.

Actually, this is a classic case of what psychologists call “projection”. The climate alarmists were abandoned by scientific reality long ago – and the only reason they keep on trying to prop up their bankrupt cause is either because it pays the mortgage or because it suits their left-liberal Weltanschauung – or both.

The good news for those on the sceptical side of the argument is that we won it long ago – as will become increasingly clear over the months and years.

The bad news is that there won’t be what our friend Greg Garrison likes to call on his WIBC talk radio show a “blue dress moment” where some killer scientific fact emerges that decides the issue once and for all.

That’s because the whole global warming scare isn’t really about “the science” and never was about “the science.” Always, but always, it has been about the cynical exploitation of mass crowd hysteria and about the sly manipulation by activists and crony capitalists of the political system in order to advance the cause of global governance.

None of the people involved in this scam deserve the merest scintilla of respect. They are pure scum. They have not a single redeeming quality and everything they do is worthless – as I shall not hesitate to remind them from now on.

It strikes me that in the past that I have been far too kind and generous to this bunch of parasites and tinpot tyrants. My New Year’s resolution is to take the gloves off and take the fight to the enemy.

Join me, why don’t you? It could be fun.

igrowone

Veteran
the sceptics do post many counter 'facts'
so time for the opposing side

recall the warm spell at north pole last week(or so)?
records were setup there, current temps back to normal
here's the latest arctic satellite measurements

see that dip? that coincides with the warm spell
and put arctic ice levels into record low territory for the date
almost like a blast of artillery from the equator to the pole
kind of cool actually, wait ..., make that warm
see it here at http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews

Attachments

• N_stddev_timeseries.jpg
    N_stddev_timeseries.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 24
U

Ununionized

Turns out since '58 THIS HAPPENED MORE THAN 70 TIMES

Turns out since '58 THIS HAPPENED MORE THAN 70 TIMES

Has a 13°K spike happened before?
Is it something weird and totally unusual that we need to worry about? Going back and looking at the DMI charts, we find that temperature spikes in the Arctic for the period early November to late March are nothing new.
For example a look at the year 1959, the chart below shows that a similar temperature spike occurred not just once, but twice! (marked yellow).
- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2016/01/04/...-times-in-last-58-years/#sthash.qtvMflkf.dpuf

the sceptics do post many counter 'facts'
so time for the opposing side

recall the warm spell at north pole last week(or so)?
records were setup there, current temps back to normal
here's the latest arctic satellite measurements

see that dip? that coincides with the warm spell
and put arctic ice levels into record low territory for the date
almost like a blast of artillery from the equator to the pole
kind of cool actually, wait ..., make that warm
see it here at http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews

HERE'S the CHART for THIS ONE: http://notrickszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DMI-Dec31-2015.png

HERE'S the CHART for THE 1959: http://notrickszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DMI-1959.png

And examining all the years since 1958 we see that a temperature spike of some 12°K or more in a matter of a few days during the November – March deep winter period occurred more than 70 times!

In fact fluctuations of 10°K (i.e. similar to what just happened) are actually the norm for the North Pole region.

Also taking a look at the wild fluctuations seen in 1964, 1984, or 1990 – back when CO2 was at levels near the “safe” 350 ppm – we see they were far more extreme.

Last edited:
U

Ununionized

Why would someone be so concerned with making everyone feel alarmed? Herding people with some kind of RELIGIO-QUACK ''WE all gotta git in thuh.. PANIC-MoDe or YeW ain't NORMAL!''

Why would a normal human being, simply be FIXATED on the falsehood that something unusual has happened to weather.

IN the 21st century - GROWN MEN - ''Guys I'm... REALLY AFRAID... of the WEATHER !''

People going around, claiming they're ''afraid of balmy weather breaking out and someone getting HURT so YOU have to change YOUR life the way I and MY friends SAY.''

in between DEEP FREEZE CONDITION - act like - ''Oh this kind of PANIC is OFTEN felt by ADULTS in my CULTURE whenever....BALMY WEATHER may break out!''

It's ULTRA low reality coefficient: 1 0 0% FRAUD: FAKE religious zeal. Nothing more and nothing less, built on the same kind of pseudo science that has us in here all logging in anonymously so we don't have our identity tied to the DEVIL.

Here's your PANIC over BALMY WEATHER's BASIS in REALITY: PROFESSIONAL weather men hired by the government to collect WEATHER data and just LOG it, and see what it might do,

START SWEARIING to [blanking WHAT EVER comes to their MIND] AT YOU - it's your JOB to TOLERATE being effectively CURSED like you're not just a CRIMINAL but a CONNIVING SNEAK:

CALL you a DENIER of the WORLD WAR II HOLOCAUST, a MURDERER - calling YOU - the average guy PAYING his SALARY - all THIS - JUST TO SOFTEN YOU UP MENTALLY:

SO YOU'LL STFU and let HIM teach YOUR KID:

SO YOU'LL STFU and let HIM teach YOUR SPOUSE:

SO YOU'LL STFU and let HIM teach Y O U:

THEY DISCOVERED a FRIGID, PRESSURIZED, LIGHT-BLOCKING, REFRIGERATED BATH, made a LIGHT-WARMED ROCK, HOTTER than when there was - MORE LIGHT WARMING IT

and NO FRIGID,
TURBULENT REFRIGERATED BATH. WARMER than BEFORE it was CHILLED in the REFRIGERATED BATH, warmed with MORE heat.

This is the ' ' s c i e n t i f i c ' ' basis of the movement EVERYONE SWEARS you have MORAL obligation to BARK is YOUR HOLY MANTRA.

THEY expect you to SIT THERE and BELIEVE when THEY TELL YOU that ''Oh YEAH this kinda thing is REAL REAL COMMON, in fact - THERE ARE ANCIENT GREEN CIVILIZATIONS, that REGULARLY, when

THEY had a SUN-WARMED ROCK that wasn't WARM enough

THEY WOULD IMMERSE IT into a SUN BLOCKING, FRIGID, PRESSURIZED, TURBULENT, REFRIGERATED BATH, so THAT ROCK

would get WARMER than when there was MORE SUN WARMING it,

and

NO FRIGID PRESSURIZED TURBULENT REFRIGERATED BATH.

"Oh YEAH this sh**'s REAL ! THIS is based in REAL PRINCIPLES ! - YOU can SEE the TEMPERATURE of the ROCK JUMP UP, as SOON as you IMMERSE IT in the FRIGID REFRIGERATING COOLANTS.''

''The TEMPERATURE will be WARM, receiving FULL warming light. As SOON as you START SPRAYING IT WITH the REFRIGERATED AIR, the temperature goes, UP. Not DOWN. WHEN

you SPRAY the warm rock with the WATER

in the COLD, PRESSURIZED, TURBULENT WIND,

the TEMPERATURE just SHOOTS UP to where it's HOTTER than when MORE SUN was WARMING IT, and there was NO REFRIGERATED PRESSURIZED TURBULENT BATH !

Ya'LL!
''

And ALSO WE have DISCOVERED a PHENOMENON called

''IF YOU use FIRE, YOU will make the SKY get HOT. So YOU owe ME some of your MONEY so the GOVERNMENT can FIX it -You EVIL,
FILTHY,
REPUGNANT,
HOLOCAUST DENYING,
MURDERING SCUM.

DO it or ELSE or I'LL CALL YOU EVERY NAME in the F***G BOOK.''

Historically, that's how m******rs have wound up being taken down to the public square and sent on a medium walk, with a short rope for a ''scientific guide.''

It's CRIME.

NOT
ONE
SINGLE
WORD of it is TRUE.

The GREEN house gas COOLANTS are the ones whose VERY EXISTENCE CREATEST 17-20% C O O L I N G. BEFORE the party even starts. Well AS YOU ADD THEM PERCENT COOLING goes UP. Till you have whatever you have in the air today, and there's 20% diffraction scattering/absorption, surface COOLING. You add enough GREEN HOUSE GAS COOLANTS to BLOCK 21% IN and you have established 21% C O O L I N G. Not what the government employee criminal Kevin Trenberth called it. ''Unstoppable, accelerating, catastrophic atmospheric warming.''

The GREEN house gas COOLANTS are the SOLE ONES CREATING

the PHASE CHANGE REFRIGERATION of the SURFACE AND the

BATH
IT
SELF.

The GREEN house GASES are the C O O L A N T S. YOU are all being scammed BIGGER than POT IS LIKE HEROIN.

It just doesn't have the SHOOT THE CHILD IN THE HEAD part attached yet like the cop shot the HIGH school kid in his car last summer.

It's CRIME. GOVERNMENTAL CRIME disguised as SCIENTIFIC ACUMEN and REAL

THERMODYNAMIC
P H Y S I C S .

Last edited:
U

Ununionized

And - YEAH - if it's dawning on YOU,
We're TALKING about a FAN blowing on a LIGHT-WARMED, ROCK.

But the very government employees PAID to TEACH you for TWELVE YEARS and even more -

are telling you that 'YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION to ENGAGE in THAT kind of ANTI SCIENCE THINKING.'

ANALYZING AIR blowing on a SUN-WARMED ROCK. ''YEW ain't SMART uNUFF tuh UNDERSTAYuND! yA'LL!''

''YEW cain't THINK like that YEW imBARRissing US'n'z an' OUR kind! The GOOD kind, the LOVING kind, the KIND that HATES your GUTS!''

YOU have permission to engage in whatever kind of THINKING you please. You owe NO one your THOUGHT PROCESS LOYALTY.

Not AL GORE
Not the ENVIRONMENTAL RELIGIONISTS
Not ANY body.

UNCOVERING their FRAUD by simply SHOWING PEOPLE what they're SAYING and STRIKING them SPEECHLESS to SEE YOU REVEAL IT is NOT

''anti'' ANYthing but ANTI FRAUDULENT GOVERNMENT RELIGIONISTS trying to RUIN YOUR WORLD by building a FAKE POLICE organization in government WORLD WIDE to make you

SHOW PROPER SHAME and APOLOGY for 'making the sky get hot' by 'using devil fire.'

It's AIR
BLOWING on a LIGHT WARMED ROCK.

The WATER being SPRITZED on is the ''HEATER''

that makes the rock HOTTER than when you were WARMING it with MORE LIGHT - the Green House Gas Coolant WATER blocking about 17-20% of it -

and when you WEREN'T REFRIGERATING IT with the GREEN HOUSE GAS in the FRIGID REFRIGERATED AIR
that the GREEN HOUSE GAS WATER REFRIGERATES as well.

it's nothing short of BARKING MAD KOOK-VILLE and it's all over the WORLD and you can PROVE it's KOOK-VILLE by the fact they'll simply THREATEN people if they LISTEN to you then

''you can't be one of us EVEN MINDED SIGNS'TsEY TYPES.''

THESE the PEOPLE who can't ANALYZE a THERMOMETER.

TOLD the ANSWER AHEAD of TIME. Caught lying AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN till - the FACT they SAY it -

means - IT'S a LIE.

WHO wants people like this RULING their KIDS?

The FIRST people RULING over POT being illegal weren't SHOOTING KIDS in the HEAD.

The FIRST people RULING over POT being illegal weren't OPERATING a world wide ENSLAVEMENT of the POOR campaign designed with BILLIONS upon BILLIONS upon really even TRILLIONS of DOLLARS' worth of

WAR,
BLOODSHED,
LOSS,
HEARBREAK,
RUINED LIVES,
PEOPLE DEAD in PRISON,
PEOPLE SHOT DEAD in their BEDS in VIOLENT HOME INVASIONS by POT POLICE

You can't just expect EVERYBODY associated with the 'LYING CHEATING and FALSELY INCRIMINATING PEOPLE' religion

to always be - WHAT - DECENT PEOPLE?

Look at the WAY CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTALISM has your OWN neighbor TALKING to YOU.

When HE is reading a THERMOMETER backward.

Telling you a FREEZING BATH made a SUN WARMED ROCK
get
hotter than when more sun warmed it
and there was no freezing bath.

You can see VERY clearly why anyone believing in it has NO CHOICE but act like they are SO FURIOUS THEY COULD ASSAULT YOU for POINTING OUT the

INCONVENIENT TRUTH, that THEY can't read a THERMOMETER.

Last edited:
U

Ununionized

CHECK OUT last week's ''UNPRECEDENTED WARMING''

CHECK OUT last week's ''UNPRECEDENTED WARMING''

This "unprecedented melting event" has caused Arctic ice to reach its highest December extent in over a decade.

CHECK OUT the ''UNPRECEDENTED WARMING.''

http://realclimatescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-12-31-03-13-43.png

2015-12-31

Ocean and Ice Services | Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut Note: DMI issued this this notice on above graph.The plot above replaces an earlier sea ice extent plot, that was based on data with the coastal zones masked out.

This coastal mask implied that the previous sea ice extent estimates were underestimated.

The new plot displays absolute sea ice extent estimates. The old plot can still be viewed here for a while.”

“One buoy 300 km from the pole reported temperatures just above freezing for an hour yesterday. Another buoy a mile away did not report any above freezing temperatures.”

Cannavore

Veteran
This "unprecedented melting event" has caused Arctic ice to reach its highest December extent in over a decade.

CHECK OUT the ''UNPRECEDENTED WARMING.''

http://realclimatescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-12-31-03-13-43.png

2015-12-31

Ocean and Ice Services | Danmarks Meteorologiske Institut Note: DMI issued this this notice on above graph.The plot above replaces an earlier sea ice extent plot, that was based on data with the coastal zones masked out.

This coastal mask implied that the previous sea ice extent estimates were underestimated.

The new plot displays absolute sea ice extent estimates. The old plot can still be viewed here for a while.”

“One buoy 300 km from the pole reported temperatures just above freezing for an hour yesterday. Another buoy a mile away did not report any above freezing temperatures.”

For a guy who spouts a lot of shit I figured you'd know that sea ice means nothing compared to land ice.

Sea ice is ice/water that is already in the ocean and freezes over like a pond or swimming pool in the winter. It grows and contracts with the change of the seasons.

Land ice from glaciers would be additional water/ice from the land added to the ocean. It'd be like filling a glass up to the rim with water and then adding ice cubes, what's going to happen lol the water rises and in the case of the glass it overflows.

All you do is repeat climate change denial talking points (al gore, 1998, Phil Jones) that are not correct and then add some gibberish.

2014 was one of the hottest years if not the hottest on record. Summer of 2015 I believe was the hottest summer on record and may even be the hottest year as well but I don't think that data is in. 2016 will be more of the same.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
For a guy who spouts a lot of shit I figured you'd know that sea ice means nothing compared to land ice.

Sea ice is ice/water that is already in the ocean and freezes over like a pond or swimming pool in the winter. It grows and contracts with the change of the seasons.

Land ice from glaciers would be additional water/ice from the land added to the ocean. It'd be like filling a glass up to the rim with water and then adding ice cubes, what's going to happen lol the water rises and in the case of the glass it overflows.

All you do is repeat climate change denial talking points (al gore, 1998, Phil Jones) that are not correct and then add some gibberish.

2014 was one of the hottest years if not the hottest on record. Summer of 2015 I believe was the hottest summer on record and may even be the hottest year as well but I don't think that data is in. 2016 will be more of the same.
...horse puckey. ...climate change 'scientists' are full of shit, they've been lieing and faking the data for decades as a way to tax and control the population, if it weren't 'climate change' it'd be something else, they want us powerless and bickering among ourselves in hopes we don't notice what full of shit liars they really are, ...and how badly they are ALL screwing us over, the Dimmocraps and the Repugnicans both!

The Holocene context for Anthropogenic Global warming

Summary

Our current beneficial, warm Holocene interglacial has been the enabler of mankind’s civilisation for the last 10,000 years. The congenial climate of the Holocene epoch spans from mankind’s earliest farming to the scientific and technological advances of the last 100 years.

However all the Northern Hemisphere Ice Core records from Greenland show:

• the last millennium 1000AD – 2000AD has been the coldest millennium of the entire Holocene interglacial.
  • each of the notable high points in the Holocene temperature record, (Holocene Climate Optimum – Minoan – Roman – Medieval – Modern), have been progressively colder than the previous high point.
  • for its first 7-8000 years the early Holocene, including its high point “climate optimum”, had virtually flat temperatures, an average drop of only ~0.007 °C per millennium.
  • but the more recent Holocene, since a “tipping point” at ~1000BC, has seen a temperature diminution at more than 20 times that earlier rate at about 0.14 °C per millennium.
  • the Holocene interglacial is already 10 – 11,000 years old and judging from the length of previous interglacials the Holocene epoch should be drawing to its close: in this century, the next century or this millennium.
  • the beneficial warming at the end of the 20th century to the Modern high point has been responsible the “Great Man-made Global Warming Scare”.
  • eventually this late 20th century temperature blip will come to be seen as just noise in the system in the longer term progress of comparatively rapid cooling over the last 3000+ years.
  • other published Greenland Ice Core records as well as GISP2, (NGRIP1, GRIP) corroborate this finding. They also exhibit the same pattern of a prolonged relatively stable early Holocene period followed by a subsequent much more rapid decline in the more recent past.
When considering the scale of temperature changes that alarmists anticipate because of Man-made Global Warming and their view of the disastrous effects of additional Man-made Carbon Dioxide emissions in this century, it is useful to look at climate change from a longer term, century by century and even on a millennial perspective.

The much vaunted and much feared “fatal” tipping point of +2°C would only bring Global temperatures close to the level of the very congenial climate of “the Roman warm period”.

If it were possible to reach the “horrendous” level of +4°C postulated by Warmists, that extreme level of warming would still only bring temperatures to about the level of the previous Eemian maximum, a warm and abundant epoch, when hippopotami thrived in the Rhine delta.

For a more comprehensive view of the decline of the Holocene see:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/11/29/climate-and-human-civilization-over-the-last-18000-years-2/

Betterhaff

Veteran
As I was putzing around getting ready to go to work this morning one of the news channels was airing some footage from Iceland. They were climbing down glacier sinkholes with aerial coverage from drones (that was pretty cool). Of course the underlying message was climate change and how the glacial melt was going to the sea.

Then one of the researchers showed some mollusk fossils that were 5000 to 7000 years old, scrubbed off by glacial movement. He said these were species that only lived in warm shallow seas. It was surmised that Iceland was covered with these warm waters at that time.

Now I don’t think man had anything to do with the warmer conditions of those times nor did he have any affect for it being colder there as it is today. Go figure.

igrowone

Veteran
Has a 13°K spike happened before?
Is it something weird and totally unusual that we need to worry about? Going back and looking at the DMI charts, we find that temperature spikes in the Arctic for the period early November to late March are nothing new.

13 kelvin is a large jump
but the one last week was 23 celsius, which is quite larger
from http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews

Ringing in the New Year with a brief polar heat wave

An exceptional weather event during the last days of the year brought a heat wave with surface air temperatures up to 23 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) above average in the far north, and a brief period when surface temperatures at the North Pole approached or perhaps even exceeded the freezing mark. A temperature of +0.7 degrees Celsius was briefly recorded by a buoy weather station near the North Pole on December 30, 2015...

U

Ununionized

The people you went and dug up aren't the people whose data is being discussed, nor the people whose data is considered best in the region.

The people who actually take the data are the people to ask what their data means.

Particularly since

(1) Denmark covers a lot of territory out there as a matter of National reputation.

(2) They've been looking at Arctic temperatures weather and climate for hundreds of years before the regular record keeping of the mid 20th century.

The people whose data it is, said, effectively - ''According to the Danish Meteorological Institute here, which has been systematically tracking Arctic temperatures north of 80° latitude since 1958,

here’s what the 2015 “North Pole meltdown” really looked like (far right) once the whole Arctic region got factored in:

http://notrickszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DMI-Dec31-2015.png

This is their homepage.
http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

' 'The above DMI figure shows that the temperature in the Arctic above 80°N was estimated to have risen only some 13°K during the event, and not nearly 30°K as the WAPO and others tried

having its readers think.

Note how also in early March 2015 the Arctic saw a similar rise. Just a few hours after the local region near the North Pole saw a burst of warm southern air, almost immediately temperatures there dropped back to -30°C."

The above DMI figure shows that the temperature in the Arctic above 80°N was estimated to have risen only some 13°K during the event, and not 30°K as the WAPO tried having its readers think. Note how also in early March 2015 the Arctic saw a similar rise.
Just a few hours after the local region near the North Pole saw a burst of warm southern air, almost immediately temperatures there dropped back to -30°C.
- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2016/01/04/...-last-58-years/#sthash.3K6TwEcL.KTGtVB8B.dpuf

13 kelvin is a large jump
but the one last week was 23 celsius, which is quite larger
from http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews

Ringing in the New Year with a brief polar heat wave

An exceptional weather event during the last days of the year brought a heat wave with surface air temperatures up to 23 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) above average in the far north, and a brief period when surface temperatures at the North Pole approached or perhaps even exceeded the freezing mark. A temperature of +0.7 degrees Celsius was briefly recorded by a buoy weather station near the North Pole on December 30, 2015...

Incidentally Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Japan, and Switzerland have at one time or another expressed professional irritation at their data being altered by US and British meteorology and

Sweden one year issued an international press release stating what was being passed around as their data - wasn't their data: it was made hotter. Russia did similarly and listed a bunch of

sites, showed them on maps, etc saying Americans had come around looking for very remote poorly situated sites, specifically. Russia then said the data released was all made hotter and the

more shabbily situated and new stations were hacked upward, more.

This was about 2012.

Additionally I was around watching the scam as the Soviet Union went down, and Hansen/Jones et al fraudulently adjusted world temperatures up a half degree or four tenths, I think maybe it was four tenths; and people who were honest knowing the cold Soviet stations all went down - 5, 000 Soviet government maintained sites: THE coldest sites in the world- raised cain till they dropped it to TWO tenths around that time.

That's one of the MAIN places there's just no doubt at all: THEY FAKED those adjustments. I know, because I was around aviation instrumentation and general atmospheric aviation school duing those years.

E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E, pretty much, in early atmospheric energy blogging all THE VOLUNTEERS keeping the RECORDS - commented INCESSANTLY about 'THEY' meaning mainly to the Americans in early internet days CONSTANTLY ADJUSTING DATA HOTTER when the RAW DATA was FLAT. Others would claim that ''maybe there is some reason for it'' and the people who were the forensics types would be saying ''yeah FRAUD.''

I wasn't around EARLY blogging but when I arrived I read back as far as I could in the various blogs that were up.

I had already been clued up before having it ALL explained to me as I listened to a Senior engineer at NASA describe what's up with Hansen's shoddy programs he claimed were sophisticated pieces of work, during an in depth telephone interview he did with a reporter where he just went down the line: A, B, Cs of DATA SCAMMING. MAKING MONEY off FAKE RESEARCH was the NUMBER ONE THING people who WOULD speak against Hansen's scam programming said.

EVERYONE noted Hansen using NON FLUID DYNAMICS MATHEMATICS in his Models when it was first asked, ''why do people who KNOW Hansen, say he's a FRAUD?

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
The people you went and dug up aren't the people whose data is being discussed, nor the people whose data is considered best in the region.

The people who actually take the data are the people to ask what their data means.

Particularly since

(1) Denmark covers a lot of territory out there as a matter of National reputation.

(2) They've been looking at Arctic temperatures weather and climate for hundreds of years before the regular record keeping of the mid 20th century.

The people whose data it is, say : ''According to the Danish Meteorological Institute here, which has been systematically tracking Arctic temperatures north of 80° latitude since 1958,

here’s what the 2015 “North Pole meltdown” really looked like (far right) once the whole Arctic region got factored in:

http://notrickszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DMI-Dec31-2015.png

This is their homepage.
http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

' 'The above DMI figure shows that the temperature in the Arctic above 80°N was estimated to have risen only some 13°K during the event, and not nearly 30°K as the WAPO and others tried

having its readers think.

Note how also in early March 2015 the Arctic saw a similar rise. Just a few hours after the local region near the North Pole saw a burst of warm southern air, almost immediately temperatures there dropped back to -30°C."

The above DMI figure shows that the temperature in the Arctic above 80°N was estimated to have risen only some 13°K during the event, and not 30°K as the WAPO tried having its readers think. Note how also in early March 2015 the Arctic saw a similar rise.
Just a few hours after the local region near the North Pole saw a burst of warm southern air, almost immediately temperatures there dropped back to -30°C.
- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2016/01/04/...-last-58-years/#sthash.3K6TwEcL.KTGtVB8B.dpuf

the denmark site is a real science site
i commend you for using it, the other link is not very credible
anyways, the dmi figure is showing daily mean temperatures
i don't believe nsidc is using that metric in their report, these are simply different measures

sdd420

Veteran
Considering the short time we have measured the temperature in our history compared to the age of the earth it's not a good argument. The temps may go up and down all the time and we just don't know it. A decade or two of warming is minuscule in comparison basically a blip on the chart. I just don't buy what they are selling

U

Ununionized

THIS site is a science site. It's JUST not RUN by Government EMPLOYEES.

It's why you COME to it.

So you can GET the TRUTH
. About the SCIENCE.

Of GROWING MARIJUANA.

HeLLooO! Why did you SIGN IN ANONYMOUSLY?

Because Marijuana is like HEROIN? Or because the GOVERNMENT is running a WORLD WIDE SCIENCE SCAM

SUPPRESSING PROPER RESEARCH, MANUFACTURING - and SUPPLYING FAKE research?

WHY didn't you go to the GUBMUNT SIGNTS GROWING MERUWaNNuH site?

the denmark site is a real science site
i commend you for using it, the other link is not very credible
anyways, the dmi figure is showing daily mean temperatures
i don't believe nsidc is using that metric in their report, these are simply different measures

So what you're telling ME, is the NON CREDIBLE information

from YOUR site, came from a CREDIBLE SOURCE,

but the CREDIBLE information, from NON GOVERNMENTAL site,

ISN'T CREDIBLE, because IT HAS the CREDIBLE information on it.

Well what you actually DID was just say aloud to yourself, or whomever, '' IF IT AIN'T GUBMUNT SIGNTS, IT aint REEL signtS!''

Okay fine we may need to revisit that one.

Now: start there, and WORK back, and wind up with

''And THAT'S how the light blockiing FRIGID, REFRIGERATING BATH,
made the
SUN WARMED ROCK HOTTER
than BEFORE it was put into the SUN BLOCKING, TURBULENT, FRIGID, REFRIGERATED BATH.

Say, -however you wanna put it, you know what I mean, just

sorta sketch it out in overview, just thermodynamically block

diagram it, the toe bone / foot bone / ankle bone / MAGIC HEATuR! just kinda quick the way I did,

''As YOU can SEE we JUST WENT: STEP by thermodynamic STEP from ''THE EARTH WITH NO ATMOSPHERE GETS ALL the energy available from the sun at that distance,

to ''and RIGHT THERE, comes a mighty, MIGHTY HEATERISM! and then go on to finish up with the part about

''and that's how ancient GREEN civilizations heated up THEIR

sun-warmed rocks by immersing them in

frigid,
turbulent,
pressurized,
sun blocking,
refrigerated
gas baths.''

Take us from

''first there was'' and you say ''God,'' ''my ex wife's drunk lawyer,'' ''this great little bar in Singapore'' or '' a magic heater,'' -

what EVER you want, but STEP THROUGH HERE: so YOU CAN SEE that

it's everybody ELSE in THERMODYNAMIC DENIAL -

Everybody ELSE needs to go to ''Thermodynamics Anonymous''

and talk about how they feel guilt for not believing in the OBVIOUSLY
REAL

sun blocking, frigid bath of refrigerants, heating the sun warmed rock up more than when all the sun warmed it, and it wasn't in a bath of frigid refrigerants.

Okay we all know you can't do that.

But still, I do think it's a bit of projection for YOU to show up

claiming to correct ME

in my finding and publishing the truth,

when YOU published WRONG information from the WRONG site, thinking it was RIGHT.

Do you think it makes everyone say - oh Yeah HE'S coherent - when you give the wrong info from the wrong people, and realizing you've been corrected,

COME BACK and try to simply PRETEND to REMIND us

YOUR WRONG INFO SITE is the RIGHT info site,

because IT'S got the WRONG INFO. ?

The way you're acting is bizarre. You're trying to CHIDE the PEOPLE who CORRECTED you that YOU'RE the one DOING the CORRECTIONS. WE all see you going through it stop the public self humiliation.

You're NOT going to just keep waiting till someone who has DESCRIBED a LOT of REFRIGERATED BATHS till they sounded like HEATERS for things put into them

comes and pulls you OUT of it. You know? You were MISLED by some people and now, here in front of your friends who OBVIOUSLY know you have SOME sense - you had sense to know the
GOVERNMENT WAS LYING ABOUT THAT OTHER SCIENCE SCAM, the POT is LIKE HEROIN scam - you're just going on and on, YeW CAiN'T buLEEve, GOVURMUNT'LL LIE.

You're at a WEBSITE where we all LOG IN ANONYMOUSLY because the GOVERNMENT will LIE. About SCIENCE. Saying POT is like HEROIN. That you can DIE from it. That it's WORSE FOR YOU than METHAMPHETAMINE.

You're NOT coming from some POSITION where YOU wound up showing us all the little MAN behind the Wizard of Oz machine. It's YOUR magic HEATER story

that's gotten, getting, HAMMERED to tiny shards of ridiculous, fractured, DEMONSTRABLY FALSE thermodynamically INVERSE jibberish.

YOUR information credibility just took the hit. Not someone elses. Part of being in community with people is acting normal. Not going around trying to ride up an LEG HUNCH your way to domination by being so WEIRD nobody can stand it when you're around. ALWAYS acting like you're here to SCHOOL us all. No.

PROPER social interaction says things like - ''Wow. I never really, realized, how a guy could say to himself, 'maybe this isn't true. Maybe this is some kind of kook scam, that just happened to hit a fly ball, and go huge, kind of like pot is like heroin.''

Instead you're in here groveling, and subjecting yourself to face plants under people as they try to discuss what's REALLY going on - the fact we are AT this POINT is because YOU had to be TOLD
STOP SUPPLYING FALSE INFORMATION. THIS past round of our interaction is because YOU said I don't know what I'M talking about and
YOU purported to CORRECT me - and YOU were found WRONG.

You don't have to do this, just talk along as though we're all in this together.
What kind of blowback could come from everybody letting this scam go on too long? Will people be CRIMINALIZED for FAKE SH**? Will GOVERNMENT employees come tell you, that since YOU'RE MAKING THE SKY HOT, you're DANGEROUS? To your KIDS because you don't believe you can make the SKY HOT by USING FIRE?

To YOU, this is your first RODEO. YOU weren't AROUND all those years where people had to BUY JARS of FAKE PEE and LOG IN ANONYMOUSLY, and LIE LIE LIE they didn't love the DEVIL weed.

Oh - that's right - you ARE around for some of that. Well you weren't maybe around for ALL of that but I guarantee you this bro.
POT'S not LIKE HEROIN.
And I guarantee ya brotha I'm not messin with ya. You show us all,
a frigid refrigerated bath,
that makes a sun warmed rock,
even hotter because it is put into a light blocking FRIGID BATH

and I'll personally go convince every last one of em you're telling the truth.

With the SAME OFFHAND EASE, I've been pointing out, you're not.

Last edited:
U

Ununionized

At some point, you're going to say something that doesn't sound like you're drunk. Whevever you get tired of starting out cursing, then talking about irrelevancy, go ahead.

You really should be more kind when you show up cursing in frustration at your church being attacked, saying ''Did Not.'' ''Did Not''

then try to claim you believe data shown to the entire thread, admitted FAKED

by the MAN FAKING it.

''DID NOT, did NOT, did not...did n- ...I HATE you!''

LoL. 'No he didn't admit that.' Not in 2005 when he said ''The scientific community would come down on me in no uncertain terms if I said the world cooled since 1 9 9 8. OK IT HAS but it isn't but seven years of data, and it isn't statistically significant.

(Temperatures were relatively flat.)

Then in 2010 TELL the TRUTH or GO to JAIL INTERVIEW: BBC:

BBC: Isn't it true there has been NO WARMING SINCE 1 9 9 5 and that in fact since 2 0 0 2 there has been slight COOLING?

JONES: (under THREAT of jail) YES. I DID THE MATH and THERE

has been NO WARMING SINCE 1 9 9 5. I did the calculations and there has been some SLIGHT but not STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT COOLING since 2 0 0 2.''

(Temperatures were relatively flat.)

Then AFTER Jones was DEMOTED, THREE YEARS LATER his EMPLOYER, The world's #1 METEOROLOGICAL DATA COLLECTION GOVERNMENT OFFICE,

issued a PRESS RELEASE: ''THE RECENT PAUSE in WARMING.''

''July 2013 - Global mean surface temperatures rose rapidly from the 1970s, but have been relatively flat over the most recent 15 years to 2013. This has prompted speculation that human induced global warming is no longer happening, or at least will be much smaller than predicted. Others maintain that this is a temporary pause and that temperatures will again rise at rates seen previously. The Met Office Hadley Centre has written three reports that address the recent pause in global warming and seek to answer the following questions:

• What have been the recent trends in other indicators of climate over this period? (The FIFTEEN YEARS SINCE 1 9 9 8 when it was later agreed was probably right. Jones was terrified and on sedatives when he gave the ''FESS UP or GO to JAIL interview)
  • What are the potential drivers of the current pause?
  • How does the recent pause affect our projections of future climate?''
WHAT PAUSE? THE PAUSE IN WARMING SINCE 1 9 9 8 THEY WERE ADMITTING TO, by ISSUING THAT PRESS RELEASE - THAT it STOPPED WARMING in 1 9 9 8.

The press release after Jones admitted it HADN'T WARMED SINCE 1 9 9 5 - 8 and that there is SOME SLIGHT COOLING.

The press release after Jones was seen admitting it HADN'T WARMED SINCE 1 9 9 8 in 2005. And that there is SOME SLIGHT COOLING.

Last edited: