What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Wow.... What a good write Dave. I sometimes lean towards thai, then I get the impression its too racey.. Then someone gets me leaning towards it again. Good thing I have Seedsman's Thai on the way lol. I may be bumping the Thai up to the top priority! I have some nice organic amendments on the way so I can treat the Sativa the way it wants to be treated instead of disrespecting it with Maxibloom lol.. I can't wait. Some 11+ week Sativas in organic under a nice blue dominate LED with IR\UV-b. Hopefully I'll be in the bliss ive waited 15 years to achieve. Turn on some crosby stills & nash, and get my pineal gland glowing hahaha. I believe a friend may be blessing me with some LemonThai in the near future if im lucky. Ive waited many moons to try that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Thai being racey. Dont let that thought deter you from growing some Thai. Its well worth the experience that many people wont ever enjoy. I mean who wants to flower a plant out for 4-6 months before it should be harvested...and then it still benefits from a long term cure afterwards.:biggrin:

Emphasis on that + behind 11 weeks, because you are not gonna find a 3 month Thai unless its a hybrid. Gypsys Thai takes a minimum of 120 Days to be ready, with some needing 180 days!! 5 months would be the average IME. Hope that seedsman Thai is quality, and lets hope it takes more than 11 weeks to finish. Weird to want a longer flowering time right? Hah.

That lemonthai sounds real tasty. Ive sometimes noticed a mild citrus scent sometimes in the Thai I have, but its very overpowered by other terps in finished buds. I think Id prefer a stronger citrus personally, so consider me a lil envious :)

Enjoy that music with the Thai. A good sativa high can make a recording sound as if the band is playing right in front of you. You'll be in for a treat.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, there isn't many reports on the good stuff lol. The one report in the Seedsman Thai thread the person said it took 18 weeks. I'm pretty sure it'll range from 10-14 with some that do go to the wild end but I think the majority will be around 11. Its definitely a hybrid. I believe {Thai x Skunk}. That was going from inside to outside, and most people don't really know how to get Sativas to truely finish anyway.
I think if I give her a good hot\humid\intense start, taper into some good cool temps, and a gentle intensity 11\13hr cycle approaching 75% done. That should get the hormones flowing in all the right ways. We shall see though its easy to be book smart, but hands on is where it matters.

If I do find anything special, I'll be sure to let ya know :tiphat::ying:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Yeah, there isn't many reports on the good stuff lol. The one report in the Seedsman Thai thread the person said it took 18 weeks. I'm pretty sure it'll range from 10-14 with some that do go to the wild end but I think the majority will be around 11. Its definitely a hybrid. I believe {Thai x Skunk}. That was going from inside to outside, and most people don't really know how to get Sativas to truely finish anyway.
I think if I give her a good hot\humid\intense start, taper into some good cool temps, and a gentle intensity 11\13hr cycle approaching 75% done. That should get the hormones flowing in all the right ways. We shall see though its easy to be book smart, but hands on is where it matters.

If I do find anything special, I'll be sure to let ya know :tiphat::ying:

If you want a high quality Thai Hybrid, Id recommend Skunkmans Thunk. Every review of it Ive read were excellent. Ive grown his Skunk x O. Haze and it was amazing herb. Need to dig into those again one day. Nonetheless, lets hope the Seedsman Early Thai provides you something of quality thats worthy of sharing :biggrin:

I think you'll appreciate these Durban Poison X Thai Ill be posting in a moment.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP x Gypsy Thai

Afropips DP x Gypsy Thai

Here is a second lady Ive got flowering atm, around 70ish days??? Could be 2.5 months into flowering. She comes from the TSG mother, which tends to offer more offspring with chunky buds than the TSA mother.

Ive got this girl directly underneath the 315w CMH(Ill have to get the distance measured/posted). She's the shortest of the DP hybrids Ive flowering underneath the CMH, and one of the prettiest.

I love she still has very healthy fan leaves this deep into flowering. Its really going to make a difference in getting these buds to develop properly as we start to reach the later stages of flowering.

Still no purple hues in the fan leaves, yet. That tends to occur in the last 1/3rd of flowering, so Im hoping soon we'll see some incredible colors come out later.

Plant is flowered in a one gallon plastic container.

Sadly this girl has sprung a nanner lately. In the very tip of her bud. Its the only one Ive found so far, but IME around 25% of the females from the TSG mother produce intersex plants. Unfortunate. I think what Ill ultimately end up doing is working the DP out several more generations working out the intersex traits, and then Ill pair it with TSG, and TSE, and go from there.

Sorry for the out of focus buds...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Happy July 4th to all my American compatriots! Celebrate the day with a nice fat bowl!

Also, some good news. Ive got the ok to send in the seeds, so hopefully within a couple of weeks we will get to see the Afropips Durban Poison Reproduction F2's available for anyone who has been itching to try them out.

xet

Happy July 4th to all my American compatriots! Celebrate the day with a nice fat bowl!

Also, some good news. Ive got the ok to send in the seeds, so hopefully within a couple of weeks we will get to see the Afropips Durban Poison Reproduction F2's available for anyone who has been itching to try them out.

:woohoo:

What website?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
:woohoo:

What website?

They will be listed at realgorillaclothing.com

Quantity will be limited as Im only sending in 10 vials of seeds. The remaining seeds will be grown out and searched through to make the F3 generation. Each vial of seeds will contain 10 DP F2's, and 10 DPxThai from two different mothers.

I did find some extra DP F2's I thought went missing, so maybe we'll see a few more vials show up if these ones sell out.

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
For my glass aficionados a lil something I picked up at a Flea Market recently.

This is my first time ever owning a bubbler, and Ive got to say Ive taken a keen liking to it. It hits strong and smooth and blows away the cheap vape pen/cartridge that I was 'enjoying'. Dont think Ill ever get a refill for the vape pen, as the DP buds were much more potent than what the cartridge provided. :laughing:

I have a bad habit of breaking my favorite glass pieces, so Ill need to be extra careful with this one.

picture.php

picture.php

And it only cost me $55!

A piece like this in my neck of the woods would easily be $200+. What a steal!

djimb

Veteran
That is a beautiful piece of glass! Years ago, when I walked and bussed everywhere, I used to roll around with a mini bubbler that was like a slightly deeper spoon. It fit perfectly in my pocket and I just needed to fill the bowl with water and it was ready to go. Perfect for a discrete, yet smooth bowl whe walking across town. It was my favorite pipe by far, but got tangled in my headphone cord one day and met the concrete. I still haven't found another like it.

Lucky find!

How's your PNG doing? I'm going to get a few of mine, some of your Durban, and some others in soil on Monday. I can't wait!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
That is a beautiful piece of glass! Years ago, when I walked and bussed everywhere, I used to roll around with a mini bubbler that was like a slightly deeper spoon. It fit perfectly in my pocket and I just needed to fill the bowl with water and it was ready to go. Perfect for a discrete, yet smooth bowl whe walking across town. It was my favorite pipe by far, but got tangled in my headphone cord one day and met the concrete. I still haven't found another like it.

Lucky find!

How's your PNG doing? I'm going to get a few of mine, some of your Durban, and some others in soil on Monday. I can't wait!

Glad you like it. Im stoked to own it. Bummer about the loss of your favorite glass. It really is a sad moment when that happens. Too familiar with that feeling heh.

I just moved 6 PNG females into flowering a few days ago. Need to get some pics of them up soon. The preflowers got pollinated by 4 png males, so Ill end up with seeds long before the plants even begin budding.

I love popping seeds too Djimb. You'll have some nice plants before too long. Any crosses between the PNG and DP planned?

2oz Micro Grow Update

djimb

Veteran
Eh, glass comes and goes. I've always been partial to portability, so I end up with a new piece every year or three.

If all goes well, I'll be crossing the Durban with PNG and a few others. The plan is to start some GN Laos, GN Khmer Gold, Blue Hemp Baglung Nepali, and Leb27. Ideally, I'll be able to make seed and crosses with all of them, but we'll see how the m/f ratios and overall workload work out.

I'll link to a tester thread for the DP when I start it, and I'll be doing a thread for the whole grow as well.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Alright, mine's probably the last one, but I finally got a tester thread up!

Here it is:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8326897

I do believe your the last, but not the least :) Im looking forward to seeing how they develop under your care. I snapped some pics of some fresh Durban Poison buds that should get you excited for whats to come. :dance013:

But first, Ive got a second 2oz Container Microgrow update posted over in the Party Cup Challenge thread. Check out the other updates by members while you're there. Some real nice entries in there.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips F2 DP Finished Buds

Afropips F2 DP Finished Buds

Im back with some bud shots of DP F2's. These were the most common type of plants I found in the F2's. Around 50% of females had buds like this.

You'll spot a lil green in one of the buds in the first pic. These plants began flowering as green buds and turned purple as we reached the later stages of flowering. Took longer to finish than the plants who started with purple buds, but ended up with larger buds than the other two pheno/geno/beano-types that were pure purple.

Plants could have been taken down 7-10 days prior. Lots of amber resin glands to be found on these buds.

Ive got some pics of the other two phenos that Ill share soon. Much different than these buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP F2 Other phenos

Afropips DP F2 Other phenos

Here are the other two sub-types I found in the F2s. Rosebud, and Metallic Purple as Ive come to call them. Both were finished by Day 80, maybe even a week sooner. but yielded the least and had lots more sugar leaf. It felt like half the yield of these two groups was sugar leaf trim. Buds were small and delicate protectively buried underneath lots of sugar leaf trim, that was coated with loads of resin heads.

The Rosebuds and Metallic Purples each individually occur around 15-16% of the time according to my latest run, but that could change as I grow out more F2s.

While pretty to look at, if you want any type of yield, it wont be these two groups. Still excellent stash weed for the true pot snobs heh.

Rosebud L&M, MP R.
picture.php

Rosebud

picture.php

Metallic Purple
picture.php

If you wonder about the Metallic Purple name, check out this fan leaf that belonged to the plant that produced the above buds. Both plants expressed this trait as we got deeper into flowering, but one plant made the other plant look like an amateur in its efforts.

picture.php