What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

djimb

Veteran
I think Azure mentioned they take around 20 weeks, so you probably wont get to finish, but lets hope for a chance to make seeds.

Id love to see some GN Laos shown off, so I hope you'll start them eventually. Should be a fun line to grow out.

Now whats this about PENIS?????:biggrin:

Lol, my autocorrect might lead you to believe I'm in the habit of sending anatomically correct sexts about inadequacy, but my life isn't quite that exciting... or embarrasing. Really, it's never happened to me before.

That was supposed to say DP phenos.

I'm really hoping to get some males out of the PNG and Laos, to make crosses with the female Nepali that will finish. Maybe the DP too.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Lol, my autocorrect might lead you to believe I'm in the habit of sending anatomically correct sexts about inadequacy, but my life isn't quite that exciting... or embarrasing. Really, it's never happened to me before.

That was supposed to say DP phenos.

I'm really hoping to get some males out of the PNG and Laos, to make crosses with the female Nepali that will finish. Maybe the DP too.

:biggrin:

I think you'll have a good chance to have finished DP even up north. Ive got 4 sitting in my drying closet waiting to be harvested, and they'll be cut down before 80 days of flower. Even at Day 65-70 several of them looked pretty close to ready, but I always go a week or two more than I think I need to see if I get any further bud development.

The ones that are harvest ready right now are the Purple Budded ones, while the green, green/purple budded plants are more likely to require 85-100 possible days. Although I think all my plants from this round will be ready within 90 Days. 95 Tops.

Hope you get a wide variety of DP phenos to experience. From my recent experience with a batch of 12 females 4 different phenos emerged, with the 'hybrid' looking bud structure being the most common(50%). Hope you get a Rosebud or Metallic purple pheno in your beans. Wont win any yield contest, but if you like aesthetics, those two phenos wont disappoint.

Good luck with your PNG & Laos. May you get several high quality males to choose from. The crosses sound wicked, and Id definitely recommend crossing the DP with your Nepali. Ive been very happy with the results Ive gotten when crossing it to Gypsys Thai, and Mr Nice Shit. Hope you'll share some pics of your crosses down the line.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DP Metallic Pheno Harvest Update

DP Metallic Pheno Harvest Update

Back with another update gang. Its around Day 78 and Ive taken down the Metallic Purple plant. She probably was ready around day 70, so pretty fast for the DP. Possible Kush influence at play?????

Around 3-4 weeks ago I found several nanner clusters on the bottom of several buds. I removed them and let her keep going, and thankfully have not seen anymore since then on her. Wont be an issue going forward as she wont be getting a round 2. As pretty as she is, I can already tell she's a low yielder, and the intersex traits turn me off.

If I could put these metallic looking leaves on plants that have the hybrid looking bud structure, that would be my ideal plant. Maybe Ill find that in one of the remaining seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks Illuminate. She's the first of several Ill be harvesting over the next few days, so Ill try to snap pics for most of them.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Rosebud DP Harvest Update

Rosebud DP Harvest Update

Ive harvested another DP F2, and this time its my favorite Rosebud Pheno. This girl and the previous metallic pheno were my two favorites among this batch of girls. Although the hybrid looking girls are really nice to look at too.

She was taken down at day 79, and she too probably could have come down a week earlier. Can't say I saw too much bud improvement over the last week. She's ripe and ready to be plucked.

Hope Ill see more plants like this one in the future seeds. I would love to see the metallic purple leaves on a Rosebud pheno though...Fingers crossed that plant pops up later on.

I doubt this lady will be a big yielder either, but she appears to have more weight than the metallic purple plant that was taken down the night before. We'll know in a week or so.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Another DP Plant down

Another DP Plant down

Ive taken down another lady tonight at Day 81 or 82. She had begun flowering with green fan leaves and green buds, but by the end she has purple buds and purple/green leaves.

She has the smallest buds of her phenotype group, and isn't going to yield alot, but damn those buds...Should be some fine smoke in the near future.

Im saving the best tops of each DP lady I harvest so I can show the differences side by side. Should also make some great photos too.

The remaining 3 ladies should be ready for harvest within a week, so expect some more DP in your futures everyone.

Oh and I hope to send in some Afropips DP F2 to RealGorilla(Bay/Boo) soon once I get some final details ironed out first. Ill have 10 packs of seeds available with 10 seeds each, and 10 DPxGN Thai Stick(5from TSA mother, 5 from TSG mother), as additional freebie for anyone wanting something a lil more exotic than the DP. 20 Regular seeds in total to enjoy. If you've been salivating over the DP photos I post, and would like to help support my lil Garden feel free to pick up a pack or two. Thanks to everyone still following along. :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks Xet, I greatly appreciate the support. I hope that you'll be one of the first to pick up a pack and get to enjoy what the testers have been enjoying already. :tiphat:

Gonna get some pics up of a couple DPxThai soon that will make you want them even more once you see them. Both purple and frosty, my two favorite colors :biggrin:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Love the project.. Wish I stumbled on this earlier.. I can't wait to start my Durban project with Early Durban.. I'll probably end up getting Ace's Durban, and seeing whats dominate\compatible... See if I get dominate males or females that I like in Early Durban, and then hunt through Aces Durban to bring it back towards true Sativa\Durban as possible. Not really sure what other stuff I want to try along side it. I'll probably hit Tangilope with some Early Durban to see how that goes.

xet

Thanks Xet, I greatly appreciate the support. I hope that you'll be one of the first to pick up a pack and get to enjoy what the testers have been enjoying already. :tiphat:

Gonna get some pics up of a couple DPxThai soon that will make you want them even more once you see them. Both purple and frosty, my two favorite colors :biggrin:

First in line :jump:

I am happy birthday excited.

Thank you for your work to make this happen :thanks:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Love the project.. Wish I stumbled on this earlier.. I can't wait to start my Durban project with Early Durban.. I'll probably end up getting Ace's Durban, and seeing whats dominate\compatible... See if I get dominate males or females that I like in Early Durban, and then hunt through Aces Durban to bring it back towards true Sativa\Durban as possible. Not really sure what other stuff I want to try along side it. I'll probably hit Tangilope with some Early Durban to see how that goes.

Whats your Early Durban source? Is it Seedsman, or are you making your own version? I grew out Seedsman Early Durban years ago, and was very disappointed with it. Ive found more fun in making my own version using Shit & DP. Got one in flower ATM, that Ill share soon since you're into the Early Durban.

Enjoy Aces Durban. Should be some quality stuff to work with from the get-go. I hope you'll share some pics of your own ED in the future.

First in line :jump:

I am happy birthday excited.

Thank you for your work to make this happen :thanks:

Hehe, I like your enthusiasm Xet :biggrin:. Glad to know you appreciate the work, and Ive no doubt you'll appreciate the final product even more once you get to grow them out.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, Seedsman. Hopefully I have a better experience than you did. How many packs did you get to sift through.. Very curious on your experience with Seedsman's Early Durban. I know first hand they have nothing but dank, but ive heard bad stuff even about Ace's Durban. It being bland, and nothing special.....
I definitely wanna try multiple sources. I'm glad youve had some hands on experience. Definitely gonna keep a eye on your stuff from now on. I wish i found you earlier like I said lol.

If you had to describe the effect of DP how would you. {Sorry my question mark is broke on keyboard lol}..

I'm mainly searching for a clear, soaring, cerebral sativa without anxiety\paranoia.... Just a clear, happy, inspiring\uplifting effect that makes your body\mind glow with excitement.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Yeah, Seedsman. Hopefully I have a better experience than you did. How many packs did you get to sift through..
I definitely wanna try multiple sources. I'm glad youve had some hands on experience. Definitely gonna keep a eye on your stuff from now on. I wish i found you earlier like I said lol.

If you had to describe the effect of DP how would you. {Sorry my question mark is broke on keyboard lol}..

I'm mainly searching for a clear, soaring, cerebral sativa without anxiety\paranoia.... Just a clear, happy, inspiring\uplifting effect that makes your body\mind glow with excitement.

I only had one pack to run through. Wide variety of phenos, some skunky in appearance, and some very sativa dominant with spindly low yielding plants. Intersex plants were the norm IME. Potency was low you could say...That was over 5 years ago, so maybe the line is better now?

Smart to try several sources. That'll increase your chance of finding a winner. Lets hope you do. Since Early Durban is your thing atm, Ill share some pics soon of Afropips DP x Mr Nice Shit aka Early Durban, or at least my own attempt at it
biggrin.gif
. Had these pics sitting on my HD for awhile now but never got around to uploading them here. I do have a current one in flower that I need to share soon as well.

If you want clear, soaring cerebral with no anxiety, then Id suggest Thai. When I smoke Gypsys Thai, its very similar to what you're looking for. It gives me lots of motivation and clear focused determination when I need to get work done in the garden. I dont care for the taste though as I prefer sweet/fruity/pungent/rotten terp profiles compared to piney/cedar/menthol.

The DP is what I smoke when I want to relax, and lose myself inside of my mind while I listen to music, or whatever entertainment I may be enjoying atm. Not what Id smoke If I need to be social, but it does put me in a great mood though. Its my disconnect weed, where Im checking out of reality momentarily.

Time warping was intense with the recent tops I smoked from the F2's. Id put on music and after an hour of listening, id look at the stream, and see only 23 minutes went by...There were several intense waves of tingly euphoria that overtook my body during that 23 minutes that left me feeling wonderful.

During that time, I sat with a packed bowl in my lap for over 20 minutes before I realized I was even holding a bowl. The only sad part is Ive now smoked all the tops..Didn't even make it to any long term curing...I can't help myself.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Wow.... What a good write Dave. I sometimes lean towards thai, then I get the impression its too racey.. Then someone gets me leaning towards it again. Good thing I have Seedsman's Thai on the way lol. I may be bumping the Thai up to the top priority! I have some nice organic amendments on the way so I can treat the Sativa the way it wants to be treated instead of disrespecting it with Maxibloom lol.. I can't wait. Some 11+ week Sativas in organic under a nice blue dominate LED with IR\UV-b. Hopefully I'll be in the bliss ive waited 15 years to achieve. Turn on some crosby stills & nash, and get my pineal gland glowing hahaha. I believe a friend may be blessing me with some LemonThai in the near future if im lucky. Ive waited many moons to try that.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Afropips DP x Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

Afropips DP x Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

I thought Id share some pics of a DP cross using Classic Seeds Golden Diesel(Colombian Gold x Sour Diesel) tonight. This cross was just a lil fun diversion for me, as I dont plan on focusing on it at all beyond this female. Working the DP into F3 and beyond, and testing more of the DPxTSA, DPxTSG seedlines is top of my list right now.

You'll probably still see some random DP hybrids pop up from time to time as I just cant help myself. For now though lets check out Afropips DP x Classic Seeds Golden Diesel. This lady is around 2 months flowering atm, and looks to need about another month before she is ready. Were starting to get purple tips in the leaves, and Im hoping for purpling of the buds as we approach the final stretch.

Her bud formation leans heavily towards Golden Diesels chunky phenos. Even the terp profile favors the GD, with a musky wildflower growing in a damp basement type smell. Or rotten/moldy cheese as my friend says.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php