What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureSkill

Time to Relax to the Real Deal

Time to Relax to the Real Deal

Sacks that we bake our minds that they take, I am amazed day in and day out at the amount of truly useful information here. I wish for everyone to be enriched by the sun the moon and the stars today. Take in a deep breath and exhale slowly and let peace love and prosperity fill your soul and be thankful for the life that we have been given. As the rain soaks the ground life recharges with robust glory and energy. I feel the mist and it assists my mind to drift away in bliss. Time has turned back but the clocks are right and we have tight buds forming as well as friends following our leadership as we sail across time itself with the help of our minds, we are able to see the kind of people we wish to be and one day fulfill and that's the real deal =p!!! =)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello to my Brothers, Hitman, Wamen and Desi!

Hello to my Brothers, Hitman, Wamen and Desi!

The Daishonin explains, in terms of life and death, that the essence of faith in the Mystic Law is having the attitude that "now is the last moment of one's life" (WND, 216). This means steadfastly upholding genuine faith at each moment of our lives so that even if we were faced with our own death, we would have no regrets and would be able to calmly transcend the suffering of death. And when we carry out such genuine faith until the last second of our lives in this existence, we will be able to "accept and uphold" the Lotus Sutra across the three existences of past, present, and future. This, the Daishonin says, is what it means for "the heritage of the Lotus Sutra to flow within our lives" (cf. WND, 217).

When we continue to uphold correct faith until our last moment in this world, "the heritage of the ultimate Law of life and death" will flow in our lives continually throughout the cycle of birth and death across past, present, and future. This is the epitome of life and death as functions of the Mystic Law.

Therefore, continuing faith throughout our lives, throughout our existence in this world, is crucial. Our remaining steadfast and correct in faith until our final moment is itself the attainment of Buddhahood in this lifetime. At that time, death will not signify the cessation of life but the completion of one life and the start of a new, even more profound, existence. Such a death will be totally free of all fear and anxiety. We will truly be able to savor joy in both life and death.

[Source: SGI Newsletter No. 6983, Wednesday, October 4, 2006, SGI President Ikeda's Study Lecture Series: LECTURES ON "THE HERITAGE OF THE ULTIMATE LAW OF LIFE", [1] The Ultimate Law of Life and Death#8212;Striving in the Spirit of Oneness of Mentor and Disciple to Open the Way to True Happiness for All Humanity]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"It is not certain that, because one is ill, one will die."

(The Good Medicine for All Ills - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 937) Selection source: Soka Gakkai member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, October 28th, 2006

G

Finding this thread has been my good fortune....

Finding this thread has been my good fortune....

Ohh shit, I can't lose anymore. Even if it seems like I'm gonna get really fucked up, again, thats not the case, with Nam-myoho-renge-kyo I have been and will be completely protected. Although my grow may not fully mature(4 more weeks till I move and I need an extra 21 days to complete my crop fully {got a bunch of 12 week strains in there}), I will still have buds and still have my faith and my reasoning. I think now instead of running by impulse all the time, granted I'm so impulsive I still bug out very often but come on, I'm like Mayor Easydisco now, running the DiscoShow everyday trying to leave nothing to chance, as opposed to faithless derilict disco, punked at every corner.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, there is no other way, you could try to find another way but its just going to lead you back to Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and thats right in your heart.

Look, the more you try the more you will see, there is only one vehicle to get there and it all begins with you..... Chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, even when your "not feeling upto it", go ahead..... turn your brain on.....

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

NAM-MYOHO-RENGE-KYO!

:wave: See, I told yah!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Though evils may be numerous, they cannot prevail over a single great truth"

(Many in Body, One in Mind - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 618) Selection source: SGI-Ghana member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, October 29th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a boat is handled by an unskilled steersman, it may capsize and drown everyone aboard. Likewise, though someone may have great physical strength, if he lacks a resolute spirit, even his many abilities will be of no use.

[ The Supremacy of the Law, WND Page 614 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shakyamuni's practices and the virtues he consequently attained are all contained within the five characters of Myoho-renge-kyo. If we believe in these five characters, we will naturally be granted the same benefits as he was.

[ The Object of Devotion for Observing the Mind Established in the Fifth Five-Hundred-Year Period after the Thus Come One's Passing, WND Page 365 ]

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning my friends!

Awesome posts all around, i needed #4561 easy, thank you.

So good to see all of you!!!!

My group did our 2006 Review yesterday, it went well, and was alot of fun.

Ive been hit with the "Run over by a truck" flu, so im feelin' a bit shitty and takin' the day off and gonna spend some time with Gohonzon.

Have a golden day my friends!

peace, love and deepest respect

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

G

Thanks for posting everyday T. We really appreciate your continued presence elevating our Treasure Tower Thread to great heights and just when you could argue, perhaps we reached the Zenith.... In come the reinforcements, an army of the Faithful and among them you will find me, one who really tries to bring kosen-rufu everywhere you go.

This weekend I traveled pretty far to see someone and do you know that person did not think I could make it and remembered something I told them which was if you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo your bound to realize the seemingly impossible if you believe and this person humbly called me and said "I know your most likely not going to come but it would be nice to see you", I decided to go and surprising my wife came with me and we didn't know this person chanted until we arrived and they confessed " I had to try this chanting thing because I know your connected to it, and I know it works now, I will be chanting more because it brought you here, wow!"

Yeah, WOW is right!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, give it all you got!

G

Great guidance for us chanting gongyo everyday...

Great guidance for us chanting gongyo everyday...

Daily Encouragement:

Gongyo is a practice that calls forth and activates the infinite power that the microcosm inherently possesses. It transforms your fate, breaks through any apparent dead ends and converts sufferings into happiness. It creates a transformation, a revolution of the microcosm. It is a diagram in miniature of kosen-rufu in our lives.

Lectures and articles about Nichiren Buddhism: http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/

Daily Encouragement:

The Gohonzon is the concrete manifestation of the very existence of Nichiren Daishonin, who taught kosen-rufu. Because of that, if you only practice gongyo and chant daimoku and don't take any other action for the sake of kosen-rufu or improving your own life, the Gohonzon will not have its true, full effect. If, however, you take actions to achieve kosen-rufu, they will serve as that extra push for your own life and help you leap to higher and higher states of mind in your gongyo and chanting as well.

Lectures and articles about Nichiren Buddhism: http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

So fortunate to be here and able to chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!! Watching our chants come to fruition is a moving experience. If you wake up and have a down feeling just push yourself to the Gohonzon and chant anyways and the chants will soon have you waking up feeling the love, thankyou all for you contiunued love and engouragement, it makes it so much easier to go forward. You are all in my chants. Lets make today another wonderful positive day!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The heart of the Buddha's lifetime of teachings is the Lotus Sutra, and the heart of the practice of the Lotus Sutra is found in the 'Never Disparaging' chapter. What does Bodhisattva Never Disparaging's profound respect for people signify? The purpose of the appearance in this world of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings, lies in his behaviour as a human being."

(The Three Kinds of Treasure - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 851) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 30th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is said that "those who make the first move gain the advantage."
If we take the initiative, we will most certainly win.
Let's make every effort to seek out and encourage those who are really
in the midst of a great struggle, immediately
!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Question: Is it possible, without understanding the meaning of the Lotus Sutra, but merely by chanting the five or seven characters of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo once a day, once a month, or simply once a year, once a decade, or once in a lifetime, to avoid being drawn into trivial or serious acts of evil, to escape falling into the four evil paths, and instead to eventually reach the stage of non-regression? Answer: Yes, it is."

[ The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra, WND Page 141 ]

G

Start your day off right with a strong morning Gongyo.

Following this guidance posted daily from Nichiren Daishonin down to Thomas then to Us or from Nichiren Daishonin via Sensei to Us is a great preparation for life and the new day upon us.

Lets be strong enough to work through today in preparation of our goals and dreams!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Bonzo

Veteran
Mornin' chanting homies.

I fogot about this little encounter i had a meeting i decided to attend last thursday. It was the introductory meeting at the friendship center and i like to go to it every now and again just to see all the newer than me people comin' round. So the person who was supposed to lead the meeting did not show up so this kid, prolly early 20s' lead and he did a great job, like he had been doin this for a long time. We did gongyo, which the kid new like the back of his hand, and then he went on to describe a bit about Nichiren Dishonin Buddhism, Which he also seemed to know backwards and forwards, i was impressed, and learned a couple things.

So we went in a circle and introduced ourselves and the people shared some idividual experiences as a result of chanting Nam myoho renge kyo. The first person to share was this very cute little actor girl who went on and on.........and on, about how many auditions shes been to and how everything in her life is just fuckin peaches and cream all the while some older lady sittin' next to her kept chiming in about how great this girl is and "you should hear her do gongyo its like its being channeled through her". Call me a dick but i was startin' to think it was someone elses turn to share.

Finally our rising star shut the fuck up and some other people shared some very short inspiring stories, among them were 3 girls, well one older lady who had been chanting for 22 years, a friend and coworker who had been chanting for 4 months, and another girl that had just started. Aparently they were all friends and worked together.

What grabbed me was that the girl who had been chating for 4 months started to notice on a daily basis how happy her friend was all the time, came to work with a smile everyday (the woman who had been chanting for 22 years) so this girl just couldnt help herself and finnaly asked the woman how she maitained such a great attitude and of course the lady said "I chant Nam myoho renge kyo". So the girl wanted to know more and has been chanting for 4 months and as her attitude changed her friend noticed such a change in her that SHE asked HER what had changed her attitude and you guessed it she said "I started chating Nam myoho renge kyo!" They told there story a bit quicker than i may be typing it but when they finished thier story they didnt seem to get the response that the lil actor girl got, that just didnt feel right to me, but i didnt say anything, i wanted to think about it for a second.

Well i thought about it and before the meeting ended i had to speak up. I asked all 3 of there names again and siad THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing your experience because to me their story represented Propogation of The Law in its purest form, Kosen Rufu at its finest if you will. The first lady inspired the the youger girl just by her actions and LIFE CONDITION to get started chanting, and then the younger girl in turn did the exact same thing to her friend, without ever any of them ever having to say anything, it was all just inspiration through the obvious results of Nam myoho renge kyo.

Nobody in the room seemed as inspired by these 3 ladies story as me. I dunno but to me their lil story just blew the fuck outa me! Shakabukued by example if you will.

I talked to them afterwards and asked if they would be at the next World Peace Meeting and they said yes and i said ill se ya there.

By the way the kid that lead the meeting had been only been chanting for 6 months, i give him an A for study, but an F for not seeing the importance of these 3 girls story. To me it was without a doubt the the highlite of the meeting. Shit it was a higlite of a lifetime for me, ill never forget it and will hopefully see them again.

Thats my story and im stickin' to it!!!! :D :crazy:

peace and love my friends

have an awesome day!! :woohoo:

bonz :wave:

!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

personal editors note: I live in a city FULL of actors so when i said "the actor girl finally shut the fuck up" i dont mean it personally, just funnin a bit! she was actually a sweet girl, a little self absorbed but arent we all at times eh?

bonz

Last edited:
G

Ohh Bonz great great post.

I have on many occassions had fundamental darkness pissing me off to the fulleest in the middle of a meeting until I let go of the bullshit driving those feelings and let the Myoho-renge-kyo put me into cruise control. I know how you feel, and I to have had to lead a meeting or two where it gets one sided, but for the sake of the meeting its important to interject when appropriate and let everyone share and not let some monopolize the time for all. I sincerely feel that this practice we are in is like surfing at times since you have to constantly adjust to the waves and the tide of the situation your in and try your best to ride it through.

I have the good fortune of attending a big function in which Danny Nagashima will be speaking and hope to take some great notes to share here on the thread with everyone. I have been just clearing slacking lately but I have been trying to chant more going forward to avoid the pitfalls of those days when "I did not chant enough..". I don't like those days, they usually bite me in the ass and cause me heeps of heartache.

I have been able to curb alot of addictions with chanting. Better than any 12 step program for me because I could never get past the first step! And if I faked it, I was back at square RockBottom before you know it.

Its not easy to keep going everyday, but we do it with pleasure!

I am working towards kosen-rufu like its my second job, I can still be quite the slacker very often but propagating Nam-myoho-renge-kyo everywhere I go like Bodhisattva Never Disparging is where its at for me at this point. Because if I get smacked around a little bit, I bounce back with the best counter attack in the business... Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Nothing like Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to me, and I love coming home and opening Gohonzon, its like letting your best friend in. I got Gohonzon right by my bed and plants and we are doing pretty well. Almost a year chanting now, by february I will accomplish about a year of daily daimoku roughly and by march certainly 365 days with daimoku leading the way.

Dude, its crazy dealing with all the accumulated bad karma, but actually changing that bad karma is totally huge for me. I am progressing little by little. Last year I just had a bunch of headaches, depression, broken heart, close calls, near death expiriences, anxiety, this year wayyyyyyyyyyyy better after I started chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and I ended up having like the best summer ever I think. Hoping to keep the momentum going through the fall and winter into spring!

G

Go Bonzo ....

Great post and story...

Nam Myoho Renge kyo!!!

Hi everyone hope your doing good...

We are doing very well over here...

Keep up the good work everyone...We all need this support so much....You all are wonderfull people...

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!

Nam Myoho Renge kyo!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.