What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyohoDisco, we all must go through darkness at times, just as the occasional cloud covers the sun. As long as you remember that the light will come again just as vibrant as before, then you will persevere every time. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the answer. All of our daimoku is backing you up, my friend! You are a wonderful beacon of friendship and light, thus I know you will never be fully engulfed in the dark. I hope you have a shining evening.

(I was beginning to wonder if you forgot about my PM the other day but it makes sense now, so don't sweat it and get to it whenever mate! :D)

A wonderful evening to T, Mr & Mrs. Babba, Bonz, Baccas, Tree, Respect, SoCal, Desi, Fallen, Scegy, DG, Gypsy, and anyone else I probably forgot (overmedicated like the Babbas I'm afraid....:joint:)...I am grateful for all of you.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Bonzo

Veteran
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see all you guys! :wave: Ya know i just wanna tell ya'll that everytime i chant, ALL OF YOU are in my prayers. I cant help it , it happens automaticaly. Its kinda trippy cause even when im focusing really hard on one particular thing, all of your names run through my head and into my heart, without fail.

Get outa my head will ya!!!!????

HHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! just kidding!!!!!! i wouldnt have it any other way. Everyone here is like family to me, and you guys mean more to me than youll ever know.

Diamoku for all of you!!!! :woohoo:

peace and love, from the bottom of my heart.

bonz. :wave:

!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
PassTheDoobie said:
In the eighth volume of Great Concentration and Insight and in the eighth volume of The Annotations on "Great Concentration and Insight" it says, "The stronger one's faith, the greater the protection of the gods." This means that the protection of the gods depends on the strength of one's faith. The Lotus Sutra is a fine sword, but its might depends upon the one who wields it.

[ General Stone Tiger, WND Page 953 ]

Good morning my friends :wave:

I just really like that quote. :dueling:

have a golden day ya'll :woohoo:

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How impressive!

How impressive!

personalmeds said:
MyohoDisco, we all must go through darkness at times, just as the occasional cloud covers the sun. As long as you remember that the light will come again just as vibrant as before, then you will persevere every time. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the answer. All of our daimoku is backing you up, my friend! You are a wonderful beacon of friendship and light, thus I know you will never be fully engulfed in the dark. I hope you have a shining evening.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Make no mistake about it, YOU are a BODHISATTVA OF THE EARTH! Well said!

Deep respect,

Thomas :wave:

(PS: Respect! Thanks for checking in! Don't be a stranger! More chanting!)

(PSS: Desi! If no one contacts you within 48 hours, PLEASE CALL BACK AND GET A NUMBER FOR YOU CONTACTING THEM! Your efforts will be greatly rewarded. Don't be passive or "polite" waiting for them to have time to tell you what you need to know. This ain't Sunday school. Let them hear the roar of the LION.)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my favorite Gosho!

One of my favorite Gosho!

The other bodhisattvas, guessing where the Buddha's wishes lay, supposed that if they declared their intention to attack the enemies of the Lotus Sutra this might prolong the Buddha's life a little, and one by one they vowed to do so. In this way the bodhisattvas and the heavenly and human beings called upon the enemies of the Lotus Sutra to appear, hoping that if they could fulfill the oath they had taken in the presence of the Buddha then Shakyamuni Buddha as well as Many Treasures and the other Buddhas and Thus Come Ones would understand that, faithful to the vow they had made before the Buddha, they would begrudge neither their reputations nor their lives in defense of the Lotus Sutra.

One may ask why the results of these vows should be so long in appearing. And yet, though one might point at the earth and miss it, though one might bind up the sky, though the tides might cease to ebb and flow and the sun rise in the west, it could never come about that the prayers of the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra would go unanswered. If the bodhisattvas, the human and heavenly beings, the eight kinds of nonhuman beings, the two sages, the two heavenly deities, and the ten demon daughters would by some unlikely chance fail to appear and protect the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, then above them they would be showing disdain for Shakyamuni and the other Buddhas, and below they would be guilty of deceiving the beings of the nine realms.

It makes no difference if the practitioner himself is lacking in worth, defective in wisdom, impure in his person, and lacking in virtue derived from observing the precepts. So long as he chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they will invariably protect him. One does not throw away gold because the bag that holds it is dirty; one does not ignore the sandalwood trees because of the foul odor of the eranda trees around them; and one does not refuse to gather lotuses because the pond in the valley where they grow is not clean. If they ignore the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, they will be going against their vow.

Now that the Former and Middle Days of the Law are over, persons who observe the precepts are as rare as tigers in a marketplace, and persons of wisdom are harder to find than the horns of a ch'i-lin. While waiting for the moon to rise, one must rely upon a lantern, and when there are no true gems at hand, gold and silver must serve as jewels. The debt of gratitude one owes to a white crow may be repaid to a black crow, and the debt one owes to a sage priest may be repaid to an ordinary priest. So, if you earnestly pray that blessings be given to you without delay, how can your prayers fail to be answered?

(On Prayer, WND Pgs. 345-346)

G

First Gosho I read today and thank you! I needed that, and sleep too aparently. I had to take a day for myself to relax and catch up and get a few hours of daimoku in, what a great Gosho to start off my day with. I have been letting myself down lately with some sansho-shima in the mix but I am determined to keep going and create value from all this. One of my favorite guidances derived from this Thread via PasstheDoobie is

"Don't be afraid. Don't be defeated. Faith. Victory of Gold!"

Desi, Gohonzon will protect you. Meds, very very glad you made it here your phenomenal growth and understanding is pretty remarkable, time to see Gohonzon, most definately. Bonz, your a great daily inspiration. Babba and Mrs.Babba, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Bring it on Socal, the Buddha delights the heart of the assembely.

Thanks for you continued patience, feeling much better today but I must log off to chant with the determination to get past all these issues and really climb over this ROARING NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO with the Heart of the Lion.

G

2 hours of daimoku really helps kick you out of a slump. Time to enjoy the rest of this day! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Shoe,..... Easy, you are getting back in the saddle. Man, when you ride the rodeo, day in and day out, your ass is going to feel raw sooner than later. I've w o n d e r e d many times how you could carry on, day after day..................I'm 55, so yes I didn't jump off the roof onto the buddah wagon to a meeting, but I'm making time in my mind to be able to. This new job is industrial and I need lots of rest, I have tons of medical bills for my wife, so I have to work all the time, unless I'm being a slack ass....lol

Like the ROAR OF THE LION, here I come.............

PersonalMeds, that was beautiful! Damn, you are a pro!

Bro Gander, B O N Z !..............you rock my L I F E.....dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fallenangel

hey all ,, nam myoho renge kyo . so my ipod was stollen yesterday at work ( $300)... i chanted like crazy for 24 hours ... it was returned to me this morning at 9:00 am

Hello, everyone! Just got home from a rather long day of work, about to relax with some OG Kush and send out daimoku towards you all. I hope everyone's day was wonderful.

Fallen: Glad to hear about your ipod being returned, your karma must be good! :)

T and Desi: Thank you for your kind words.

Disco: Glad you're feeling better, brother!

I think I had more to say when I began writing this, but exhaustion is settling in, so I better go enjoy the night while I can. Will check in tomorrow morning with you all!

Much love and respect to each and every one of you here, you are in my thoughts and chants always. Like the roar of the lion!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One more time--etch this into your brain!

One more time--etch this into your brain!

"It makes no difference if the practitioner himself is lacking in worth, defective in wisdom, impure in his person, and lacking in virtue derived from observing the precepts. So long as he chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they will invariably protect him. One does not throw away gold because the bag that holds it is dirty; one does not ignore the sandalwood trees because of the foul odor of the eranda trees around them; and one does not refuse to gather lotuses because the pond in the valley where they grow is not clean. If they ignore the practitioner of the Lotus Sutra, they will be going against their vow."

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't be certain it's not this....

I can't be certain it's not this....

personalmeds said:
Fallen: Glad to hear about your ipod being returned, your karma must be good! :)

Much love and respect to each and every one of you here, you are in my thoughts and chants always. Like the roar of the lion!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

But I am more certain that it is really this:

"i chanted like crazy for 24 hours ... it was returned to me this morning at 9:00 am"

Thank you fallen, for being a perfect example of the power of the Law!!!

Keep hanging tough everyone! Yes that means YOU!!! :wave:

I bow in obeisance to all,

T

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Only by defeating a powerful enemy can one prove one's real strength."

(Letter from Sado - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 302) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 16th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without exception, all these Buddhas, bodhisattvas, great sages, and, in general, all the various beings of the two worlds and the eight groups who appear in the "Introduction" chapter of the Lotus Sutra dwell in the Gohonzon. Illuminated by light of the five characters of the Mystic Law, they display the dignified attributes they inherently possess. This is the object of devotion.

[ The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon, WND Page 832 ]

G

Worst enemy ever has always been my fundamental darkness. The more I practiced the worse it got, but today I am standing up to myself and really proving that my buddhist practice based on my personal reality is really what I have been missing all along. In a way I do feel liberated from somethings that really have made life difficult for me. I have faith that I will weather all these storms and really get my soul outta hell. Hell is truly the Land of the Eternally Tranquill Light.

Okay so count on me to get back on the saddle soon enough, I just need to be sure I got my mojo back as I chant some more today. Two hours of daimoku helped alot yesterday and avoided me sinking into a deeper depression. The ability to heal ourselves even later in life when we are no longer children never ceases to amaze me. When your worst affliction is catagorically yourself, then its surely time to change and chant more daimoku. I know it begins with me and thanks to the Goshos and my mentor's guidance its not so difficult to get back on track without destroying every last bit of progress anymore.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to that!

Watch out for slander the results can be a motherfucker! Have faith like water and let it flow.

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning my friends :wave:

So good to see everyone active! :woohoo:

wanna say hi to you all, and share a couple neat things, but gotta go to work, seems their arent enough hours in the day anymore but i think thats a blessing in disgiuse for me, im not good at being idle. :dueling:

real quick, woke up in a shitty, pissy mood, have done a complete 180 and feel fuckin' great!!! aint that a trip? gotta love it!!! today is awesome!! :woohoo:

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you all this evening

peace and love

bonz :wave:

>>>>>>>>>>> Nam myoho renge kyo >>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Way to go Easy:) Jump back in that saddle and ride Forward!! Chant Find the rythym and get that disco feeling going again. Chant for the rythym and then do that disco dance we all love so much. Hope today brings a higher happier Buddha home to his loving Buddha girl. Get that disco rythym going and do the Buddha dance. Lots of people depending on you to be that positive disco rocking Buddha we all know. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Ill be here at the homestead keeping the girls company. Just about time to take the G33 or the Golden Pineapple. Very close to my goal, Ive chanted so much for this:) I love you all so much!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts