Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The crucial thing is to initiate a struggle and carry it out to the end."

SGI Newsletter No. 6984, The New Human Revolution—Vol. 19: Chap. 1, Rainbow of Hope 14, translated Oct. 5th, 2006

G

Daily Encouragement:

The Gohonzon encompasses the entire universe. Therefore, we who believe in and chant daimoku to the Gohonzon can live out our lives with the greatest serenity and composure. Please be confident that through faith in the Mystic Law we can definitely lead a wonderful and unsurpassed existence.

Events for (October 12):

1279: Nichiren Daishonin inscribes the Dai-Gohonzon for all humanity.

G

Gosho Excerpt:

"Make every possible effort for the sake of your next life. What is most important is that, by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo alone, you can attain Buddhahood. It will no doubt depend on the strength of your faith. To have faith is the basis of Buddhism."

The real aspect of the Gohonzon,
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, pg# 832)
Written to Lady Nichinyo on 23 August 1277 from Minobu
http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/Nichiren/wnd/concord/pages.view/832.html

Daily Encouragement:

True joy is to be found in working for kosen-rufu, in practicing and taking action for the happiness of oneself and others. The greatest joy in life is to be found in SGI activities. Our activities for kosen-rufu become memories that shine ever more brilliantly in our lives as time goes by.

Lectures and articles about Nichiren Buddhism: http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/

"The lion's roar of the Daishonin, the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law , reverberates powerfully throughout his writings. The Buddha's compassion burns brightly in his writings, and the river of his wisdom flows majestically through them. The purpose of our Buddhist study is to inherit this fighting spirit and make it part of our lives." - Daisaku Ikeda, p. 84, SGI-USA Buddhist Learning Review 2006

fallenangel

hey all ... not really feeing it today , as a matter of a fact i have been really angry today . politics at work = bullshit . i know i didnt chant enough yesterday . ill try harder now . nam myoho renge kyo

G

fallenangel said:
hey all ... not really feeing it today , as a matter of a fact i have been really angry today . politics at work = bullshit . i know i didnt chant enough yesterday . ill try harder now . nam myoho renge kyo

me2 nam myoho renge kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of the efforts and achievements that
our new SGI members are making are truly remarkable.
I am sincerely praying that everyone of you will be successful in life
and become "Professors of Happiness"!
It is also certain that those who continuously help and support
our "younger" members will
achieve great development and growth, too.

Daisaku Ikeda

Bonzo

Veteran
Good evening my most awesome chanting Boddhisattva brothers and sisters!

I wanna share my day with you all cause to me it was quite a Mystic one indeed.

I woke up late and didnt have time for morning Diamoku with my Gohonzon so on the drive to work i chanted for a half hour while driving, my chanting heavily focused on driving out the darkness, it worked. You know after having your own Gohonzon for awhile you can picture it in your head, like ill be looking at a stop light and i see my Gohonzon, its a trip and it seems to help me keep my focus on my chanting.

So i get to work, all is good, good moods all around, and then the homeowner shows up and hes in a pissy mood. He has just thrown out his back so my boss says to him that i have to go with them to get materials cause he needs my help loading it, this just puts the homeowner in a tissy fit knowin he has to pay me for my time. By the way the homeowner is also a friend of ours (me and my boss) we surf together and hangout every now and again. We stop for gas and Mike the homeowner is just goin on and on about how fucked up his life is so when he stops whining for a second i said "Nam myoho renge kyo dude". He responded by reciting Nam myoho renge kyo completely wrong, so wrong i feel i cant even type the way he said it, and said "oh yeah that meditation stuff, i know about that , its good for relaxing" or something to that effect i dont remember exactly what he said but it wasnt what he said it was how he said it that kinda bugged me. I allmost corrected him and wanted to explain just a bit about it but i felt it would have fallen on deaf ears and probably created an argument so i let it go.....for now.

Anyway we cut out at 2 pm and i had planned on going to the Friendship Center at 7 pm for the monthly World Peace Prayer meeting that i look forward to so much. How ever when i got home i had a bunch of things to do and was dead tired so at around 4 pm i took a nap. I woke up at 7 pm, i needed a shower and it would take me 20 minutes to get there. So i sat and thought and thought untill it was too late to go. However, i also occasionally attend another meeting on friday night right down the street from me. An AA meeting and someday ill tell yall why i go to those meetings. Something popped into my head about Thomas telling me to "go with my gut" a while back and i coulda made at least half of the meeting at the Center, but my gut started tellin' me meybe i should go the AA meeting.

So im at the AA meeting and one of the people that shared conluded that Buddhism had helped him accomplish staying sober. For some reason i didnt think much of it right at that moment. After the meeting i happened to see him walking out and asked him what form of Buddhism he practiced and OF COURSE he said Nichiren Daishonin. So i said Nam myoho renge kyo, nice to meet you! As quick as i said that his friend said "were having a meeting tonite, you wanna come?" For a fleeting moment the darkness that loves to try to fill me with fear had me in its grasp and i was hesitant to accept thier offer. But, it was very fleeting and i said for sure, i would love to. I WOULD NOT HAVE GONE ANYWHERE WITH ANYONE I HAD JUST MET 6 MONTHS OR SO AGO, NO FUCKIN WAY!

Before i knew it i was doing Daimoku with 3 strangers, allthough it felt as though i had known them all my life, i was at total ease, beyaond total ease, i was FEELIN IT MAN!!! When we did Gongyo this girl that was one of the 3, sat right next to me with one of the bigger Liturgy booklets and asked the guy leading to go a bit slow and she went through each word, pionting to it as it was chanted, i felt such a huge amount of love and caring coming from her, it was allmost overwhelming. Noeone has ever done that with me till then and i needed it cause i am still having a hard time with Gongyo, it was unreal! It was like she knew i needed it. Major spinal goosebumps!!! We ended with her reading the short Expedient Means, it was perfect.

I dont like missing the World Peace Prayer meeting, but i gotta tell ya, what i experienced in its place shot strait to the core of my heart AND STILL AS I TYPE THIS HAS ME JUST OVERFLOWING with the most incredible gut wrenching happiness and empowerment that is really hard to describe. Basically its just about the best feeling ive ever felt in my life, no shit.

So was my lazy ass just lucky to have this encounter or is the Mystic Law for real?

ITS FOR REAL MY FRIENDS, NOT A SHREAD OF DOUBT IN MY MIND!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!!!!!!!!!

KEEP CHANTING! DEEPEN YOUR FAITH!........and see what happens.

Peace my friends

Bonz

!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>> Nam myoho renge kyo >>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In order to protect nature, we need a life philosophy that teaches that life and its environment are inseparable. And in order to attain genuine happiness, we must carry out our human revolution so that we can gain mastery over ourselves and not succumb to crass materialism or be ruled by our desires. Happiness is not a matter of money, fame, or high social status. No matter how exciting and enjoyable such things may seem, the joy and happiness they bring are often only temporary and superficial at best.

"Suffering and hardship are an inevitable part of life. True happiness means having a strong spirit that remains undefeated, no matter how trying our circumstances. It means to live each day filled with a rich and generous spirit that brims with joy, deep feeling, and gratitude. That is the purpose of faith, and that is why, for the sake of the happiness and prosperity of your community, it is vital to realize kosen-rufu..."

SGI Newsletter No. 6989, The New Human Revolution—Vol. 19: Chap., 1, Rainbow of Hope 17, trans. Oct. 10th, 2006

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Come One, come Ye'all, lets walk together along the bubbling surf and shore. Let's listen to the whales blow their horns, and let's watch the dolphins chant nam myoho renge kyo, while we harmonize to their dancing of the waving surges. We stop to enjoy a minute of true bliss, that this is life we k i s s..........and embrace, and cheerish, for tomorrow begins a whole new life that started from today.

Love, Desi!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was beautiful Desi!

That was beautiful Desi!

Make every possible effort for the sake of your next life. What is most important is that, by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo alone, you can attain Buddhahood. It will no doubt depend on the strength of your faith. To have faith is the basis of Buddhism.

[ The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon, WND Page 832 ]

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Trimming and chanting Trimming and chanting. Great time for major Daimoku. Sat outside in my favorite spot yesterday trimming fan leaves and chanting ... was a beautiful day. Took all day to finish the big girl so she will hit the buckets this morning. She frozen and ready to go. Lot more Daimoku today....Ill be thinking of each and everyone of you . Much love form the Babba clan. V woohoooo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Kyo'o's misfortune will change into fortune."

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 412) Selection source: SGI-Thailand member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, October 14th, 2006

Bonzo

Veteran
That is awesome Desi!! So good to see you! Ive posted pics of semi secret surf spots but these 2 pics are of my alltime favorite very secret spot.

You mentioned Dolphins chanting Nam myoho renge kyo, beautifull man! Dolphins love this place and surf it all the time, for those of you that dont surf or are not near the ocean, dolphins do actually surf! They surf just below the surface of the wave rathr than on the surface as we humans do, but theres no doubt they are surfing and having a ball doing it. We surfed this place one day and it was me and 2 friends and about 30 dolphins, they were havin' the best time and it seemed as though they were enjoying our company as well as letting us know that we were in THEIR house. I would be paddling into a wave and only 3 feet from me id see a couple dolphins droppin' in with me. I give them the right of way! They are such awesome beings, they look right at you and you can see and feel that their thinking and you just wish you could speak their language. Also id be sittin on my board waiting for a wave and one would just come flying out of the water, about 10 feet from me, twist in the air and you can see the smile on their faces, they have to be some of the most enlightened beings on the planet.

Thanks for that post Desi, it is beautifull.

peace and love my friends

bonz

>>>>>>>>> Nam myoho renge kyo >>>>>>>>>>

Bonzo

Veteran
One of my dreams is that we could all come together someday and camp at the above beach and chant together and surf with the dolphins.

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>> Nam myoho renge kyo >>>>>>>>>>

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion. What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?"

(Reply to Kyo'o - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 412) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, October 11th, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.*
Great victories are achieved on the basis
of one step after another and
through our steady and unceasing efforts!

Daisaku Ikeda

* Chinese proverb

Status
Not open for further replies.