What's new

CFL Club!

thank prof, thats what i was going to use first anyways... and use the reflecter, now i might use 2 in 1 y adapters, or get wire my own sockets / vanity set.

okay so after lurking on here for a while and doing research I have been inspired to post to get answer, ideas and, thoughts. I am fairly handy and love diy articles so I have planned on building a cab. since I am currently without a way post sketchs you are going to have to bare with me on my detail list on my box.
okay. here we go...
46"L x 24"W x 46"T
I want to build this for a flower and mom/clone/veg chamber. my original specs are having the 2 split chambers being...
15"L x 24"W x 46"T - veg/mom/clone side
30 3/4"L x 24"W x 46"T - flower side
the random 30" measurement is due to me making this out of 3/4"mdf. I have taken the time to include measurements of the seperator between the sides. I want to put a shelf in the mom/veg/clone side but don't know how I should space that or if being able to make that work (any ideas/thoughts would be awesome). I am planning on making an adjustable hanging light fixture for both side to regulate my light distance since I'm going cfl. speaking of cfl, how much light would be needed per side for a good healthy producing cab? I did the math for lumens and came up with around 24000-36000 lumens for veg at 5000k-6500k and 36000-40000 lumens at 2700k-3000k. someone let me know if I'm off on that please. was also wondering what is the easiest way to achieve that (size of cfl in watts that I would be able to find at lowes, home depot, walmart, etc). I have quite a few 150watt equivalent and more 100watt equivalent (i believe 26 and 42 watt) from what I've seen locally just browsing walmart but the has the be bigger bulbs or a hint I'm missing out on here. as for the interior of the cab I will be painting it and the applying mylar (emergency blanket) to the walls for better light reflection. for air I was wondering how I should vent the mom/clone/veg side (vent just into the flower chamber?). for flower side I am planning on building the 6"-8"carbon scrubber that will be on he outside of the cab and will have a 250cfm 6" fan pushing through it (do I need more cfm moved for my space?) and 5 planned 3" ducts for intake. as for the only questions I didn't post above:
how many lst/scrog plants do u think I could reasonably fit for flower? how many bonzai moms? how many clones would be a good rotation? should I even use moms?
I plan on going organic as well so any advice on pot sizes would be amazing along with any ideas, thoughts and, etc.
thanks for hearing me ramble on about my plan :)

clay

Wsup everybody,
So I got inspired finally to join the club. I'm doing my first grow ever! Its under CFLs, with soil, from seed. Check out the thread in my signature. I could definitely use all the help I can get.

Heres a shot of my box:

Right now its three 26w, 6100k cfls. Got 42w, 2700k bulbs waiting for flower. Or should I mix both for flower?

By the way, Prof.Sublime - your "blue skies" are awesome!

Here's a couple of hopeful ladies in the box:

and a 'friend' if anyone is paying attention

and this is the oldest one, by a couple weeks...although I'm a little concerned about the yellowing of the bottom leaves.

Last edited:
mix both for flower mate. And i'm sure those bulbs would be better mounted horizontally rather than vertically like yours are. Like mrpuff said, N deficiency. add a little weak feed of vegetative nute and it'll bounce back. have a look at blackfoot's thread.. I think he gets nitrogen from diluting his own piss and feeding it

clay

Mr.Puffanpass & CaptStoner: I'm trying to stick with organic as much as possible, but I fed yesterday with a little Schultz 10-15-10 (like 7 drops) , a drop of molasses, a splash of urine, about 2Tablespoons of Wormcastings wrapped in a coffee filter, like a tea bag, with about 1.5 qts of fresh rain water, and then agitated and let sit, and agitated, and repeat. Sound about right?

CaptStoner: I got a couple of Y connectors for the lights (would have preferred Ts but Y is what they had) and mixed in one of the 42w 2700k bulbs (the other three current bulbs are 23w 6100k). I did notice an increase in temp with the bigger bulb though... I wanna say box temps are about 4-5 deg above ambient (read as: outdoor-ish) so like 80-85 right now during the hottest part of the day. Is this mixed spectrum preferred?

clay

Since no one noticed, the "friend" in my earlier picture on the left hand side, here my latest update pic, days later....

*its a Mammoth Sunflower seedling I started just to try in the box. Its SHOOTING up!

Last edited:
T

totaln00b

Just wanted to let everybody know that Walmart has 26W cool twist CFLs for $0.92 and 45W warm reading light CFLs for $0.97. The lights are by Lights of America.

totaln00b said:
Just wanted to let everybody know that Walmart has 26W cool twist CFLs for $0.92 and 45W warm reading light CFLs for $0.97. The lights are by Lights of America.

hope my walmart has that special! will check tomorrow for sure!

clay said:
Wsup everybody,
So I got inspired finally to join the club. I'm doing my first grow ever! Its under CFLs, with soil, from seed. Check out the thread in my signature. I could definitely use all the help I can get.
[/img][/url]

Welcome bud, nice little set up. I have a buddy who im helping with a setup just like this almost. Soil from seed, just a little younger, ill get pics for him when he pays for the batteries!! Good luck though bro.

Lord Doobie

uh...nobody should be buying supplies at hydro grow shops...just too hot...some grow shops are under pressure/obligation to show authorities receipts

buy at generic places like walmart, home de pot, hardware stores...try to mix it up a bit....perhaps buying some food with it...use cash only...

why make it easy for them to catch you
:bashhead:

tejashidrow

Just ran across these and would like opinions...
1. The average for CFL grows is .60 gram per watt... TRUE???
2. And that a cfl has approx 61 lumen per ACTUAL watt..... THANKS

Yeti1

a few from my current grow. 4 different bagseed strains under 200w. 2 plants are still left, 2 have been harvested. We just started week 9.

62316purp_main_bud.jpg

62316purp_3.jpg

62316plant2.jpg

62316first_harvest.jpg

Yeti1

Expertsetup said:
those look great Yeti1 and some interesting colors as well.

Thanks. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the colors end up. Somehow, that girl got pollinated (no others did), so hopefully I'll be able continue working with those genetics :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts