What's new

CFL Club!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea they are I like the AdaptT5 product as well thats pretty dope to be able to turn a T12 setup into a t5 without buying a whole new lighting fixture for T5's .. I'm trying to find out if any of those will work in the USA cuz it looks like it's only out in Europe???

Well just stopping by to tell u guys that i found some CFLs for cheap. In 'Acehardware' there are 26Watt bulbs (5-pack) for $13.99 @ 1750 lumens p/ 1 bulb. Also i was at the 99 cent store n saw 1 or 2 pack of cfl bulbs (25 watts @ 1830 lumens p/ bulb) for .99 cents. ROFL. Ill try it out n let u guys know wats really good wit em.

A

absobloodylutly

hi guys new to CFLs and the site love to join club.
In my state they just passed a law $10.000 fine or 2 years lockup
for owning any high power light set ups.(so there gos me 600HPS)
10 seeds just sprouted 4days old
in coco (bag seeds) under 5 23w 4100ks
keep yu posted how things pan out
SHOULD BE A STICKY
Absobloodylutly

peps1

Hello chaps,
Had fun reading the posts in this thread but have noticed there seems to be a bit of misunderstanding about how important Lumens are.

Lumens are the unit of luminous flux, a measure of the perceived power of light and is adjusted to reflect the varying sensitivity of the human eye to different wavelengths of light.
The key words there are “Perceived” and “Human Eye”. Im sure you all know that how we respond to light is very different to how a plant responds!

What you really need is to work out is the lamps PGL (plant-growth lumen)
I found this site really helpful for converting Lm to PGL and in the process making a much more efficient grow space.

http://www.sankey.ws/plantlumen.html

MicroHope

The only cfls I find around here are soft white not warm white and bright white. 42 = 150 watt 2600 lumens. It does not give the k just has a scale. Kind of points towards the edge of red. Can I flower with these?

I was planning on a small cabinet. two ft. by 1 ft. With mabe a little extra wiggle room. With 6 42 watt lights.

I am a long way off yet so I have plenty of time to look. I would rather not order ofer the internet. Small town chatty postman.

MicroHope

Thanks man I can pick up a few more of those.

This place is the bomb. I thought I would start out small. But now I see I can start even smaller.

Noddy

Hi all, im in the uk and so far these are the cheapest suppliers I can find online for cfl's. I was going to buy just three of these to supplement a 125w red enviro or a 200w (havent decided yet, it's only for the winter months) http://shop.eurobatteries.com/energy-saving-watt-fluorescent-compact-nrg-e27-p-77.html
The thing now is the fittings/cables. I've seen some american peeps using multi-fitting cables, I think they were called vanity fittings or something like that where you could use three bulbs on one line, does anybody know anywhere in the uk we can get those kind of things suitable for 3 of the bulbs in the link? That way i can put those around the base of the two plants in the box to help them on their way to a quick 12/12 with the red enviro. Just been told that this is not reliable/safe to use on 3-pin uk plugs, so I guess an extension lead will have to do it :)

Also, those bulbs don't seem to have lumen information on them, would they do the job for a micro setup? I don't aim for the plant to get anywhere above 14-16 inches in height and only two in there at a time with just 2 weeks veg. I'll probably use mylar around the outside with a 6" oscillating fan from ebay. Thanks for any info in advance.

Last edited:

Gano

here is what i am using now for CFL's, grows the plant SUPER compact and FAT/BUSHY

59298lights2-med.jpg

592984w-med.jpg

SuperHemp

Hey guys nice grows you have going on here :rasta:

CFL's are interesting i heard people mostly say they're crap and you should use HPS blah blah but you guys seem to show them otherwise.. :muahaha:

Almost old to the touch, no cooling fans.. lower power? Oh yeah. So maybe i should try this in a micro grow.. not set on the container yet, but i have some ideas.

You US bastards are lucky though with highpower CFL's locally, we don't have them in NW europe! But i picked up some nice bulbs on the 'bay, 85 watters 2700k and 6400k, 2 of each color (gotta have a backup, burnt me once on the HPS setup). They were reasonably priced too, came out to about 60€ incl. shipping for the whole lot and that's two shipments to dodge some taxes. Just a tip for the UK guys. Also standard light socket not that E40 crap.

They look pretty big though, but more surface area = better lighting dispersion AFAIK. It's those f*n huge growlight types sold in headshops etc.

This will be interesting, I'm aiming for 1/4gram per watt as this is my first micro grow, and i recon it's a pretty modest expectation, seen that figure before here in tiny PC grows with a 40 watt bulb only doing 12/12 from seed and I'm gonna go a bit different. I don't smoke much though so yield isn't too important i got enough anyway, i just like creatve growing, especially überstealth. :joint:

Great club, hope i can join (assuming i don't get scammed :spank: )

J