What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
just stumbles in the thread... pretty nice !

Spring 2007

Manga Rosa
Santa Marta Gold
Opossum #1 (smg x acapulco/deepchunk)
Puna Budder

Summer & Fall 2007

Highland Oaxaca Gold
Acapulco Gold
Brasilian Green
Punto Rojo
Aracaju Red
Burmese (different from reeferman or visc)
Greengenes cherry bomb (I only have ten seeds but a kind soul is offering us more. We will only reproduce these in pure form f that goes thru)
Cochabamba (bolivian)
The first of Redrider's Lines
Angola Red (this comes from lmn. Will only be released with his permission)

Xmas 2007
Kona Gold (a very special old hawaiian that possibly dates back to the infamous brotherhood of eternal love most well known for their following the teachings of Dr. Leary and their exploits in the smuggling of afghan hash)
More work from redrider
Brasilian Lemon (possible ancestor of leda uno)

Spring 2008

Colombian Black
Foxtail Sativa
Brasilian Black (bengala)
Brasilian Gold
Oaxacan Pelo Rojo

What a yummy selection ! how great !

lemme read the last 8 pages now...

Irie !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep is a very yummy selection mriko!

I havent had the pleasure to try Luiz sativas in the past but i has always been interested. I hope he recovers soon and with the help of zamalito his genetics can be available again. Good vibes for the projects and keep the good philosophy alive! dubi

ngakpa

Veteran
dubi - you fucking legend!

awwww man, I so love that kind of grass, what a babe - she sounds like elegance itself ... herself ... whatever

at the minute I am enjoying some more Malawi 99 from the our friend/nemesis (delete as appropriate) the infamous Mr. Afropips ... I must say, it is really fecking nice and just makes me want to have a garden (field, valley, province, archipelago) full of things like Malawi Gold, Manga Rosa and Congolese

any more on that Aracaju Red ... is that more down the Panama Red end of the spectrum?

damn, on top of all the other things to do, now I need to emigrate too

Ngakpa

redrider

Hi dubi, I was reading in your forms about your Panama Red and it sounds very interesting. Panama is just up the road from me (north) but I never see any weed from there, I guess importing weed into Colombia would be like bringing your wife to a whore house. Beautiful pics!

Logos

The Cartels Explained

The Cartels Explained

zamalito said:
Yeah, we along with hhf definitely intend to make things available where all growers can experience the best of what their environments whatever they are have to offer. In the beginning for some types of growing situation the best we can do is just make available the breeding stocks needed to make a great strain for that specific climate or growroom type and they'll be able to work on it themselves along with us making good hybrid ibls and improved inbred heirloom lines. What bsc and I think hhf would like to see is a whole new generation of seed companies that pop up from using both our documented lines and their own and forcing the current seed cartels to adapt or fall behind. At first most of what we sell will be breeding stock and f1's but we plan to steadily make improved landrace lines and stabilized hybrids available over time.

This is the sort of new thinking I like to hear, but I don't want to pursue the whole of you post. Just know that I think :yes: :yes:

"What bsc and I think hhf would like to see is a whole new generation of seed companies that pop up from using both our documented lines and their own and forcing the current seed cartels to adapt or fall behind."

As a seed company customer, I have no direct knowledge of the interaction nor the climate within which the various seed companies operate. However, occasionally on OG folks would allude to the sometimes nefarious actions and practices some of the seed companies would engage in, such as infighting and spreading defamatory propaganda about one-another. Obviously, by the vary nature of the business, what goes on within and behind the scenes of the MJ seed business is -legally speaking - very much the "dark side" to all who are not directly in the business, and possibly even to some who are in the business. To wit: there is controversy as to the honesty of the Cannabis Cup.

You mentioned the cartels. For those who are fuzzy on the term, a cartel is a group of formally independent producers whose goal is to increase their collective profits by means of price fixing, limiting supply, or other restrictive practices. Now there are many cartels of which I am aware: De Beers: diamond, OPEC: petroleum, Recording Industry Association of America or RIAA (some allege), Phoebus: light bulb industry (now defunct), and of course the drug cartels, among others. A cartel can only function by compliance by all, which means pressure applied to those who do not. It is this which I am interested in knowing. Perhaps you and others would enlighten us on this subject, particularly since you state that you believe you can be above this kind of activity as well as a torch bearer within the industry. A noble sentiment to be sure.

Many appreciative thanks,

Logos.

dubi said:
Here's the manga rosa flowering at different stages.

Pics taken from different manga rosa females grown in soil.

Hi Dubi,

want to say you congratulations, :canabis:

who said that Sativa doesn't produce a lot? :yoinks:

i'm very impressed about this genetic!

The BSCO Santa Marta strain is a wonderful plant too.

Bye, HdB

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Hey dubi, I'm very glad to see you show up. Thanks for correcting me about the manga rosa and showing your lovely pics.

Hombre, I'm very glad dubi could convince you to come around and possibly consider our seeds in the near future.

Logos, I'm glad you feel similarly to us. I know this sounds like a cop out but for the time being I don't wish to succeed based on criticizing others. We want to succeed based on what we will do differently. Instead of focusing on the neagtives with other companies I want to focus on the positives of ourselves. As our seeds prove themselves in the future we will perhaps spread a little dirt on the current seed cartel. Again I'm sorry and I know it seems like I may be covering not knowing what I'm talking about. I worry about this thread turning into an argument or making too many enemies too early. I will say something that may seem somewhat obvious to some and that is there are many people in this industry who are not above tactics of harrassment and filing false grow reports and flaming/trolling under alias identities. This type of stuff can ruin a small organization like bsc that is run solely by luiz and myself. Both of us don't have much money. We're not intending te become wealthy and we will never be able to afford being at odds with the bigwigs of the seed industry from the start.

zamalito

Veteran
redrider said:
I guess importing weed into Colombia would be like bringing your wife to a whore house. Beautiful pics!

Hilarious, red.

On the subject of the relationship between colombian and panamanian landraces. I believe there's one school of thought that much colombian cannabis may have originated in panama. Though supposedly the commercial panamanian red found in the us some time ago may have been descended from lowland colombian red. I know nothing about this and don't have much to say one way or the other. Though there definitely are some very high quality electric highland reds in panama. I have grown american imported commercial panama red and it was not to my tastes neither is lowland colombian red. I also have no idea if the northeastern brazilian reds are related to colombian red as hot humid lowland herb does tend to take on a red pigmentation after cure. The brazilian reds tend to be much more clear/energetic than colombian reds though possibly not as potent.

zamalito

Veteran
From these pictures you can see that the Little Star is a great landrace to use for breeding projects. It has wonderfully large distinctly shaped calyxes with a fairly unique hairless quality.

G

Here's some pictures of the bsc manga rosa. Some may start out quite columnar and wide leafed looking like an indica dominant plant but they all finish very bushy and narrow leafed looking like a pure sativa. I don't have any pictures of the dried bud but it is very distinct looking and instantly recognizeable with very unusual shape and coloration.

Last edited:
G

Here's more pictures of original bsc originals and hybrids from the original catalog:

Santa Marta

Little Star aka Sao Paulo Green aka Original Green

Super Green

Tropical Treat

Local Sativa

Brazilian Skunk

Brasilian Lemon (Limao Nail X Manga Rosa)

Brazilian Haze

Green Medicine

zamalito

Veteran
Muchas Gracias Mano, Happy New Year to you also!!!

Thank You for straightening out those pics, Nept! Don't know what I'd do without ya!

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Thanks for the pics Nept!

I have a few pics from one of the catalogs as well,but I don't have the pic of Original Green..or Local Sativa.

I hadn't really considered the Manga Rosa until after reading Dubi's description,simply because I didn't want to order more that I can comfortably grow.Guess I'll have to figure a way to include the MR as well...

Arrgghhh..too many worthy offerings,and too little space.

zamalito

Veteran
Things are going excellent, my friend. During the upcoming trip to Brazil we're going to visit friends in Sao Paulo growing paraguaian sativas, another around Rio growing old Brasilians like Bengala and Cabeça de negro. Then maybe off to the northeast to bahia or aracaju to go see some plantations. Sadly you used to be able to find large grows along the S. Francisco in paernambuco but the govt has shut those down. The temporary breeding facility is going along swimmingly and should be working very soon.

muddy waters

a belated thank you to zamalito for the update and dubi for the great descriptions and pics...

also, zamalito, i couldn't find any info on the legality of that kind of equipment. maybe luis is better informed?

finally i hereby offer you my digital camera to document your trip if you don't have one. if you make it all the way to the northeast i'll be jealous as hell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.