What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamalito

Veteran
Hey nept, long time no see, eh? Here's the tentative schedule for bsc's releases

Spring 2007

Manga Rosa
Santa Marta Gold
Opossum #1 (smg x acapulco/deepchunk)
Electric conepat (manga rosa/smg x brasilian skunk)
Electric skunk (manga rosa/smg x white shark)
Puna Budder

Summer & Fall 2007

Highland Oaxaca Gold
Acapulco Gold
Brasilian Green
Punto Rojo
Aracaju Red
Burmese (different from reeferman or visc)
Greengenes cherry bomb

Cochabamba (bolivian)
The first of Redrider's Lines
Angola Red
Xmas 2007
Kona Gold (a very special old hawaiian that possibly dates back to the infamous brotherhood of eternal love most well known for their following the teachings of Dr. Leary and their exploits in the smuggling of afghan hash)
More work from redrider
Brasilian Lemon (possible ancestor of leda uno)

Spring 2008

Colombian Black
Foxtail Sativa
Brasilian Black (bengala)
Brasilian Gold
Oaxacan Pelo Rojo

G

Hi Zamal,
Good luck man, this what you're doing is awesome. Having lived there most my life and growing up on Rabo de Raposa, Manga Rosa, Cabrobro, etc, it's cool to see this happen. There are some gems down there for sure. The majority of the herb going around the country are red buds, but in the Northeast i've seen some beautiful golds, greens and ligt browns.
I was there (Rj-Sp) in June-August and was sad to see such vast amounts of shitty brick ammonia weed. I found alot of Amsterdam bud and Bengala was the only decent local herb. The Bengala was definitely a blackish brown color and smelled like it was sweat cured for sure. There were a medium amount of seeds in them and unfortunately none of the 12 seeds I found and brought back sprouted. I imagine they got old and cracked or got bacteria in them etc. I was dreaming of what a harem of unseeded, mature, and well treated girls would taste like...my dream may come true quicker than I thought.
I am curious about the Brasilian skunk too. What is that? I know they have versions of homegrown Dutch bagseed there, but all I saw was poorly grown and cured. What is the Brazilian green? Is it a landrace Sativa? I've had some lemmony cedar tasting Sativas from Pernambuco/Bahia that were my favorite ever of all times. All I know is that back in 1988-90 it was called "Hibrido" and was 2.5 times more expensive than the regular red jungle bud. I'm hoping the Brazilian Lemon is similar. I'm really excited about this venture. The best of luck to you guys. To me it has the potential to be my favorite seed company too if you guys can reproduce those genes...Boa sorte

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Glad to hear it flamengo, the brazilian skunk is actually a hybrid luiz bred from a ubc chemo and a brazilian green aka sao paulo green or original green which is an old landrace sativa that goes back to the 80's in SP. Here's the old website which has some pics of the brazilian green which is one of my favs. There's so many strains that are complete winners in central america, south america and hawaii. This isn't the same address as the new site that will have our own domain name.

http://fritzman.tripod.com.br/BSC

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Flamengo said:
I've had some lemmony cedar tasting Sativas from Pernambuco/Bahia that were my favorite ever of all times. All I know is that back in 1988-90 it was called "Hibrido" and was 2.5 times more expensive than the regular red jungle bud. I'm hoping the Brazilian Lemon is similar. ...Boa sorte

Flamenco..
Here is a description from the old BSC website with regards to Original Green (Brasilian Green) from what you have desribed above,this may be a close representation.

>Original Green
Region Not specified
Type Pure Sativa
Origin Brazil, Colombia
Breeder L.Fritzman
Description L.Fritzman Updated:2002-09-16
This is the real green one even her crystal should turn green, in the pic below she is not at full bloom but you could see her green tones. Great taste that reminds sweet peppermint, great mellow high, nice long fluffy buds, good yielder, as longer flowering as any good sativa. Her origins: Colombia and northeast of Brazil.
L.Fritzman Updated:2002-09-16
This strain is very popular in São Paulo, Santos and in Santo André because of its beautiful color, great taste, sticky buds and long lasting sativa high. Named as Green for many and sometimes Colombian Green, sometimes Pernambuco Green too.<

zamalito

Veteran
Here's some pics of the f3 generation of electric skunk making its world premier.

10749Electric_skunk_f3_7_.JPG

10749Electric_skunk_f3_6_.JPG

10749Electric_skunk_f3_4_1.JPG

10749Electric_skunk_f3_5_.JPG

10749Electric_skunk_f3_3_.JPG

G

Wow that Colombian Black looks simply amazing..
Best of luck to the two of you. That looks like the interior of SP ^^^^or something...

redrider

BSC

BSC

Wow,thats all I can say.....Great line up and the Colombian Black (which I still don't have any more info. on down here) looks like the "primo" Colombian of the old days. And the pics from Brazil (which borders Colombia too) looks like paradise. Really looking forward to watching your new company zamalito. I don't know of any vendor that has such exotic strains!
Peace from Colombia

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
High ya!!!

That Colombian Black is like :jawdrop:

I wanna get access to your stash :wink:

Once again, that Colombian Black looks like you have to take just one or two puffs and get electric! What kind of high it produces?

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

redrider

I will know something about the black at Christmas when we travel. However I am more concerned with getting the killer genetics I already have to BSC to begin working with. Trust me the Andina Punto Rojo is some of the finest Colombian I have ever had and the lowland "red" (my name for this strain that grows on the lower altitude plains near Panama) is a super stony narcotic high that really sticks to you. And some other great domestic Colombians that are rare outside of the country. Good things are coming.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
que terra mais bonita! tell us more about the weather, photoperiod, humidity and soil over there? gracias zamalito. peace.

zamalito

Veteran
Actually paz, I didn't take those pictures they were sent to me by luiz but I'm planning to go down there in february. Its fairly hot and humid there I believe its about 500 meters elevation and its just barely in the tropics.

redrider

Good things starting in 2007

Good things starting in 2007

Here's one of them, Killa Queen 2006 F-5 (G-13XC-99).

Happy Holidays from Colombia!

G

Allright I'm getting geeked over the realese of these primo columbian genetics. Where will they be available at? For once I don't want to be a day late or a dollar short on these.

muddy waters

haha zamalito, electric conepat? i love it...

nice pics too, i know that area, and if it's where i'm thinking you could definitely do a lot worse. lately we're getting some severe heat here, so I hope that greenhouse has good vents... i'm sure luiz knows the deal

when's the website gonna launch, do you know?

G

the brasil pics look great

how about that electric skunk?
world premier eh? it looks fantastic

what is the columbian black like?

anything like ive tried before?

im stoked about the strain list but when i think about it some of the strains probably do better outdoors and unless hybridised wont finish here

ive heard similar concerns from growers even more north of me

i think i remember you saying there was alot of hybrids that your offering too

i also understand that there is some kind of effort to climatise some of them indoors and/or there region of origin?

or was that just HHF talking about "the haze"

i dont mean to be a pain or asking questions youd rather me not be asking

also, does luiz post here?

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Good seeing you muddy, I sent you a pm. The website is expected to be up at least to some degree in february.

Witchking, we expect to make them available directly from us and through two auction sites located in the u.k. The names of the sites are consored both in public forum and private messages. If you send me a pm we'll figure out a way to let you know when and where they'll be available.

Last but not least nept. Hopefully the haze that is made available by hhf will be worked into multiple lines appropriate for various growing techniques and hopefully we will do the same with some of our lines. We also should have both some pure lines and some hybrids that can be grown outdoors in your location.

Thanks alot for your questions guys and it's really exciting to see your interest. Luiz isn't available online at this moment but when we get the site up he will beable to address everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts