What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamalito

Veteran
Hey ez, hope you're doing well. Luiz listed the smg at 9-10 weeks but I think this is a bit short especially with indoor sized plants I'd let it go 10 1/2 - 12. We will also have the redrider line smg and smgreen which will probably be 14-20 weeks.

I'm very excited about working with the brazilian green. It's airy without being foxtailed kind of like an oaxacan except with these beautiful fat teardrop shaped calyxes. I wish the name was more sexy like the manga rosa because I think it's an equally if not more interesting line. The manga rosa is no slouch though with very exotic looking flowers and a fast indoor time.

We also have everything lined up for hosting our website and having a domain. The site will have forums and will be hosted in england so there shouldn't be any problems with le shutting down the site. It's all very exciting.

zamalito

Veteran
The puna butter and kona gold I'm not certain of the flowering times. I've only seen pictures and know the came straight from hawaii. I will be sure to have more info as soon as it comes available.

redrider

Flowering times

Flowering times

zamalito I wish I could give you more accurate flowering times on the Colombians but due to the elevation and low temps where I grow it really draws out the finish. Where I grow is considered a "cold" climate due to the altitude and I think inside under constant light (12/12) they will finish much faster like BHs SMG, god only knows what hydro would do to them (this is very exciting). Anyway I hope you have them early next year to work with. I've not grown out the "Punto Rojo" yet but I got one girl to pre flower (after 3 months 12/12 outside) and she got BIG and smelled like hash but not in an indica way. Can't wait to see what you guys can do with the Rojo.

Santa Marta "Rainbow" Gold

zamalito

Veteran
Mano, muchas gracias. Tu ayuda muy se apprecia. Amo las fotografais. Ese es el cañamo africano mas hermoso que he visto seimpre.

Redrider, it's no problem at all. I can't wait to see what can be done with those. We promise to do our best with those so you don't regret sharing or are disappointed with them. Thank you so much.

zamalito

Veteran
Bsc is also working on a new hybrid of a pungent skunk variety called the electric skunk. It is a cross of
col.gold/manga rosa x o.green/chemo . It's currently in the f3 generation. I haven't grown or smoked this yet but lu says its realy electric very pungent and very skunky. Hopefully one more generation will make it consistent enough to sell. If possible it may also be crossed to a hill temple skunk to make a hybrid with a shorteed flower. time

G

zamalito said:
The manga rosa is about 10-12 weeks. I'm not sure about which pr line we'll have first but the different puto rojo's range from 14-20 weeks.

I got these from luiz. Would he know what he sent during his fire sale in August?

zamalito

Veteran
Grohn, I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Are you saying you got some manga rosa from Lu and you want to know more or are you saying you'd gotten some unlabeled seeds and don't know what they are? I feel like an airhead for not grasping it. If you clarify I'll be more than happy to try to relay the question.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Aloha Zamalito and others!!!

I am more than interested of BSC-lines, but I wanna know what is the best source to order from you guys? Also, do you have some countries that you dont supply?

La Mano Negra: You pics are awesome, I have dreamed about your African sativas!!!

Peace!!!

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

zamalito

Veteran
Right now we're still working on replenishing our stock. We may have some backstock available from time to time but we won't be officially reopened until this spring. We will try to have stuff available from as many online retailers as appropriate as well as directly. Directly we should ship everywhere though you should try to be aware of your local laws. We will offer various methods of stealth shipping that you'll be able to select from. As soon as our website is up I'll let you know so you can get updates from there.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for your quick answer Zam. I think you guys maybe have the best genetics in the game... Also, you got so humble & fair attitude to this whole thing that I think nothing should go wrong! Many other breeders should look up to you how to deal with customers/potential customers! Keep up the good work man!!!

I think that your shipments should arrival safely where I live, if you guys just send your beans unnoticeable/stealth...

EDIT: By the way -> Whitch are your favorite top 3 pure sativas of your forthcoming catalog?

Keep It Green & Growin But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Thanks herbal that's very kind of you to say,

The 3 pure lines I'm the most excited about are the brasilian green, puna butter and colombian black. I'm also insanely excited about the angola red from mano and the genetics we're getting from redrider and the bolivian herb too. There's supposed to be a bolivian cutting in holland that's supposed to be highly similar to guerreran. This is interesting because when I saw the seeds they look identical to guerreran. If the high of this ends up being like a top quality guerreran from the extreme alititude of cochabamba I will definitely be pleased.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Herbalistic said:
Also, you got so humble & fair attitude to this whole thing that I think nothing should go wrong! Many other breeders should look up to you how to deal with customers/potential customers! Keep up the good work man!!!

Bingo!

I find these threads about preserving worthy genetics to be so very refreshing (as well as very important).Not to mention the enthusiastic offers of other rare genetics to be made available from generous donators,makes me proud to be reading these threads.Hat's off to everyone who has supported,and continues to support this endeavor.

(now,if I could just get Zamalito to quit mentioning the BG...till I get some of course) :)

25gs

i just started some columbian black that i got as freebies from bsc about 4 days old justsprouted. you guys got superb customer service.

jojajico

Veteran
25gs said:
i just started some columbian black that i got as freebies from bsc about 4 days old justsprouted. you guys got superb customer service.
let us know how it goes, how did u get the seeds for free? doesnt seem like we will be able to get the colombian black real soon, would u consider making some seeds?

25gs

well bro i'm def gonna make seeds I got purple haze and another strain free as this company is all about growing period. money is way down the ladder with them. I'll do all I can to help this guy that i just met this year. man that was like $90 bucks worth free. I'll be giving away a couple hunderd free but wont be til july 07 you welcome to some as I'm nt selfish at all and its all about sharing!

zamalito

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words 25gs. Keep us posted on the purple haze grow. I'd read some disappointing reports so I was planning on dropping it from the catalog especially since hhf's haze looks so nice. Unfortunately I don't believe you'll be able to get the colombian black to finish by july. If you germinate them today it will probably be november by the time they finish but hopefully rootbinding them will help speed it up and you may be able to get them to finish by july. Who knows? You're right money is way down the ladder for us. We're not trying to get rich or become cannacelebrities.

jojajico

Veteran
zamalito said:
Thanks for the kind words 25gs. Keep us posted on the purple haze grow. I'd read some disappointing reports so I was planning on dropping it from the catalog especially since hhf's haze looks so nice. Unfortunately I don't believe you'll be able to get the colombian black to finish by july. If you germinate them today it will probably be november by the time they finish but hopefully rootbinding them will help speed it up and you may be able to get them to finish by july. Who knows? You're right money is way down the ladder for us. We're not trying to get rich or become cannacelebrities.
this is all getting me very excited, by the way what is rootbinding, im kind of a novice grower so excuse the ignorance.

Scay Beez

I hope Luiz is doing better and the new year brings some great stress free breeding. Props to zam and Luiz for keeping it real. 30/pack is righteous! Put me down for a few next spring.

- sbz

zamalito

Veteran
Rootbinding is just where you let a plant grow in a smaller pot for an extended length of time. In equatorial areas like thailand there's not much variation in daylength so the plants use other methods to determine when to flower. Rootbinding is a way to tell the plant it's used up most of its available resources and that it should flower. Many thai and true equatorial varieties will start to flower if allowed to get rootbound even under 24 hrs of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.