What's new

BOG interview

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice ones lucid!

I used to do some test growing for BOG when I had open space..
NYCD (incross I think)
NYCD x SS
SourB 1
SourB 2
SourB 3

I grew a bunch of LifeSaver, n a few bogglegum aswell.
I thought that everything from BOG was always great gear, never a problem!

aside from seeds, BOG also a while back shared some SweetCindy pollen from his fav daddy, it also, made some impressive offspring, when crossed to LS and a few other lines like my Sunshine, I kept the seed for headsmoke grows.

I wont jump on the bandwagon of the insulting folks. some folks dont know their ass from a hole in the ground... but everyone has an opinion... ya know.

See, BOG never advertised that he had IBL's or that he was some guru on a pedistal. he always kept it real that he was making hybrids, vast majority being poly's.. and he always said to expect variation!

Pepole wanted them, and people bought them! whats wrong with supplying the demand!?!
its called ECONOMICS! and is the foundation of any business....

as for his advertisements on OG... what do you expect for someone trying to sell a product,.... not to advertise it?!
He diddnt hype things up, other people did. thats 'usually' how it happens in seed biz.

the issues between BOG and Gypsy/DG are just that.. between them!

Be good folks!
hope yer doin well bog.

Peace, bub.

G

i miss all the bog threads from og, he was a cool dude for sure. i have some sour bubble bx3 x sour diesel ibl (a dr katz creation) seedlings going that look very sb-dom so im very excited to see how they turn out!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Tester said:
I just pulled out a Blue Moon Rocks bud when I was reading this thread.

And that ^^ makes me remember that I still have a few LSD #4 beans :woohoo: ....and some LSD#4 x Deep Chunk that I made!! :jump:

G

sounds like a great cross raco! i always regret not picking up some lsd seeds...

G

It's funny because back when BOG was around there were a lot of notable growers loving his stuff.

We all know there were good things to be had in a pack of BOG seeds. He sold them cheaper than most people and had a good following as evidenced by his old forum right here on ICMAG.

It honestly doesn't matter where what cut, clone, momma or whatever came from. There are too many people stuck on what's trendy. It's cool if you have kush now days because everybody and their brother will view your thread, but who cares. There is so much good cannabis out there, and most of the negativity has more to do with cock fighting over who is the best breeder and what strain is the best, etc.

Most breeders now days are only making crosses of crosses of crosses and calling them the holy grail.

A plant that grows good, yields good, tastes/smells good, and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg is the only kind I like. You know, the kind the avg guy can get their hands on and have a decent result.

It seems many have become spoiled by being able to buy any cut they want here or there and flaunt it, but for some of us, Bog represented good buds that were actually attainable.

Whatever........as long as the growers are still growing for the love of the plant, the breeders and the "in" people can keep their pissing matches. I just want some decent smoke, and nothing pisses me off more than knowing I lost the one pack of seeds I ever paid for, and those were BOG seeds. Never got a chance to experience the buds...only vegging plants.

So, hate on, hate on, but you won't be changing many minds. Bog not only gave some of those first time growers great genetics to start with, he taught many of them how to have successful grows, and had a whole forum full of people like that.

That's far more than I can say for any of the other money hungry breeders selling seed packs at twice the price....

i really don't think that BOG used bubba kush to create sour bubble. i used to look at his gallery all the time on Overgrow and I can tell you straight up that some of the first pictures he put in his gallery were pictures of his White Label Bubblegums and other pics that were titled "Master Kush" and stuff like that. I think what he is referring to in the interview is this master kush. in his gallery on OG it seemed like the bubblegum project was being done at the same time as the master kush was being tested. i think this is where the kush in the bubblegum comes from and Sour Bubble is just genetic variation. almost all those bubblegum strains were mostly indicas anyway so why is it such a stretch to find a plant that leans heavily on the indica spectrum?? i just think people are overthinking things way too much

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I always liked the man and when we met briefly he was down to earth and humble. He made great seeds and spread the love all over. That in my book is a master grower. Anyone can grow and breed great pot but when you share that with the world for cheap you give people inspiration and you transcend the simple breeder status in my book. Plus it isn't like he gave us some bs strains - he gave us a more than a few classics that people are still going crazy over. :sasmokin:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love Bogs work..nice big phat tastie plants everytime so far..Ive run the LSaver, BMRocks and have BogBubble working now and all 3 are awesome..
The LS I had was more Sat dom and quite skunky sweet rather than sweet like candy..No numbing but great hard Ind stone in a Sat plant..Only had that 1 pheno I liked from very limited selection..
BMRocks is a big monster BlueBerry but way to Ind to be a true BB in my book..Great yield and easy grow and wicked stone..BogBubble is a hard BubbleGum indeed..Strait spear rock hard colas and buds with a hint of BubbleGum but more like Bubble-Hash type smellin Gum..Very dank with just hints of BubbleGum smell..
I have yet to run his LSD and SourBx3 and x4 which we have also but havn't run yet.,.Plus a 3x x 4x hybrid..I'll have Bogs around for a while and Think I need to see what this other guys doin on Bogs stuff...
FOE20

southwind

Human

Human

Greetings

From a long life I can say that so mcuh in this world rides on opinion.

Perception becomes reality at times.

The New York Stock Exchange depends on perception, i.e, if we all THOUGHT the market was going to crash..and we all sold every stock we had..well then the market WOULD crash.

I have observed that people base their opinion on a small amount of information at times.

I know a gril who had bad prawns once when she little..never tried again..till we convinced to her to just TRY it again..she now loves them.

I grw Dutch Passion Blueberry and had horrible mutants and this left me feeling like DP was bad.

They are not bad, not many of theri seeds as you all know.

But I had FEELING that they were.

I was leary of trying BOG to begin with..he did sell it up a bit..but I also knew that is advertising..many good products are advertised without end ..

so I grew them and was impressed..more than impressed.

Stunned by some phenos.

I love Spice of Life.

Breeder Steve is a genius and DJ Short and they have a positive genius for color, beauty of plant, soaring highs, and amazing flavors.

Bog had his own genius in finding the just right flavors , yields and potency.

But that is my OPINION.

I know from long experience also that we as humans cherish and love OUR opinion and anyone who disagrees with us and has not reached OUR conclusion must be dumb , lame, etc.

We disagree with each other so violently that we kill each other and fight.

And usually..in the end..no OPINIONS have been changed..at all.

I can probably never change your mind if you think BOGs work was awful..and you will never change mine who thought it was wonderful.

He was a great man to deal with always kind and friendly and helpful.

I wish I could get the kind of tech assistance he gave on all my TV , Car, Cell phone, computer..stuff.

I miss his work and I miss the prices he charged for it.

I will always have BOG growing as long as I grow.

SW

Rootstyle

Me and my buddy met Bog up at Eddys birthday a little while back. He smoked us out some of his sour bubble. Thats some kind kush alot like Bubba. Bog's a chiller

Last edited:
G

I talked to Bog once about the Sour Bubble when he was here. He started out talking about how it was a select pheno of his BogBubble. He used to use the name Super BogBubble for this pheno. These next comments are only my opinion but he was finally able to isolate this pheno in seed form and at the same time Rez was having major success with his Sour Diesel Bx's. Sour was power and to me I think Bog wanted to cash in on Sour. Hence the name Sour Bubble. I grew the first BX of Sour Bubble and honestly I never tasted any Sour. It was awesome don't get me wrong but not Sour and a low yielder.

I also have some LSD #4 seeds hiding somewhere and some Lifesaver beans.

I loved Bog's Keep It Simple Stupid techniques, they helped a lot of first time growers get their feet wet including me.

Mo :bigeye:

Lucid

Mo'zArt ... see this .... she is soooo sour ..... it hurts my frigen nose when i smell them they are soo sour .... trust me BOG was not cashing in on "SOUR" hype... this shit is super super sour dank ......

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Lucid - Is that not the ugliest stanky lookin plant? :sasmokin:

Last edited:

raygun

sour bubble

sour bubble

This is my Sour Bubble. It smells like bubble gum in flower, tastes sour like plain yogurt with a hint of sweet fruit. Extreamly distictive smell when burning and upon exhale. It only takes 55 days max for flower from clone has been the best thing that has happend to me in growing. Favored by all my friends.
BOG put out goods for decent prices. I picked up these seeds in an auction, not even "buy now" for $50 :woohoo:

i only wish that i had bought more seeds.

Last edited:

dwtc

raygun said:
BOG put out goods for decent prices. I picked up these seeds in an auction, not even "buy now" for $50 :woohoo:

i only wish that i had bought more seeds.

^^^ i'd deffinately say you got your moneys worth and then some. sweet(or should i say sour) lookin plants.

stay safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dwtc

Last edited:
G

Blue Moon Rocks. They had some purple, and they are a very sweet smoke.

Sour Bubble. Mostly dark green to purple. The lime smelling phenos are the best, but they all rock.