What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

milkyjoe

Veteran
I totally believe in foliar micros. There is just so much going on in the soil and they are such low quantities it is just so easy for them to get blocked out or tied up. For example, all that P is going to form compounds with your Zn, Fe and Mn. Spraying allows me to avoid that.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
really nice science to go with the growing.

funny dialogue too. Thanks for the insight into your methodology and results.

nothing but respect sir :respect:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Bobbie it brings a tear to my eye u are doing so well on the path i set you ge following dhfS garbage advice ... I wonder where he's at now that you have been rolling out crops successfully with pics..

bobblehead

Veteran
really nice science to go with the growing.

funny dialogue too. Thanks for the insight into your methodology and results.

nothing but respect sir :respect:

Thanks for the positive vibes LyryC.

Bobbie it brings a tear to my eye u are doing so well on the path i set you ge following dhfS garbage advice ... I wonder where he's at now that you have been rolling out crops successfully with pics..

lol Freddy is still around... Just doesn't post here, but he's lurking. Dude meant well in the beginning at least. It's hard to believe I've only been growing organic about 1.5 years now. Even with synthetics beds win.

bobblehead

Veteran
The good

@ 8+ weeks

OGKB
picture.php

TK
picture.php

Sour Dubb
picture.php

The bad

BSC
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
The ugly

picture.php

@ 2 weeks
picture.php

I'm thinking about culling the last bed and then replanting the whole room within the next 1.5-2 weeks. Seems like the cleanest break from perpetual. I have some plants prevegged but not as big as the ones I've been using, and I think they'll turn out better with a couple weeks of veg in the beds and then flip like I was doing before the fire. Transplanting big plants ends up in a lot of stress to the plant ime.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
What's in the first "ugly" bed? How far?

And on the "So my entire house doesn't stink" scrubber, does that just recirculate the air in the room? Or is it hooked into your ducting for the house & depositing the freshly scrubbed air back into the ducting?

My gut tells me you'd be happier with things in the long run if you yanked what's in the last bed, replanted it, and made a clean break.

Looks good! Hang on to some of that OGKB please. :)

Also, initial thoughts on the OG x BB, .. .. :dunno: Not bad or forgettable, but it's not given me an instaboner yet. I do recall thinking, upon first smoke, that it was pretty potent, BB considering, ..

bobblehead

Veteran
What's in the first "ugly" bed? How far?

refer to the post before it

And on the "So my entire house doesn't stink" scrubber, does that just recirculate the air in the room? Or is it hooked into your ducting for the house & depositing the freshly scrubbed air back into the ducting?

the house scrubber is connected to my HVAC ducting, and the scrubber in the room is recirculating.

My gut tells me you'd be happier with things in the long run if you yanked what's in the last bed, replanted it, and made a clean break.

Looks good! Hang on to some of that OGKB please. :)

Also, initial thoughts on the OG x BB, .. .. :dunno: Not bad or forgettable, but it's not given me an instaboner yet. I do recall thinking, upon first smoke, that it was pretty potent, BB considering, ..

It tested at 17%, with stunted trichs or something like that suggesting stress. It's not horrible... but I opened a jar of it yesterday and put the lid back on after I realized what it was.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
soy meal 50 lbs $17
corn gluten meal 50 lbs $35
kelp meal 50 lbs $58
cotton seed meal 50 lbs $20
humic acid 40 lbs $24
bone meal 20 lbs $20

bobblehead

Veteran
Nice, you got a local guy or dairy doo wigglers?

I ordered them from uncle jim's. $39 for 2lbs. I've had lots of people give me bad reports on uncle jim's but the worms look good to me. I've already put them to work.

So how good is sour dub? Never tasted it...but plenty of people say it is tippy top.

The dubb is bomb diggity. The only reason I've heard of people getting rid of it is dudding... which I haven't had an issue with so far. It's probably the finest sour I've puffed on.

Goin fishin?:laughing:

Too cold for that. Just looking to lower the % of organic matter. Aerate the soil. Stuff like that.