What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Best cleanest highest quality nutes

Old Uncle Ben

Is it possible I've been getting shit weed with nice healthy resinous plants, I mean shit as in watery or vague terps?

I've started using a different nutrient and suddenly I've had results that I find suspect, things have went from mostly shit to mostly good at the change of a nutrient brand, I didn't think such a change was even possible maybe I've just been lucky I don't know tbh, what do you think?

Thanks OuB

Hoo nose. There are so many factors at play. If ALL of your day to day activities have remained the same from one garden to the next then your issues could be your foods. The nutrients in Dyna-Gro are pretty much what cannabis needs.

Rocket Soul

Wow, megacrop europe, actually have stock. That must be the first time, in years of looking for the smaller sizes.
That and the dust problem hold me back. Though it's so cheap, It's almost rude to not have a go.

Canna seems a lot like Plagron. Side by side, the coco feeds almost match. With just a few percent difference in the K. Statistically nothing.
They have a eu distributor or is this megacrop uk? My buddy swears by it and recently did almost 900 from 16 plants in his 1m tent.

Ca++

They have a eu distributor or is this megacrop uk? My buddy swears by it and recently did almost 900 from 16 plants in his 1m tent.
Hmm, I'm not sure now. I do see the UK has no stock though. Unless you want half a pallet. Which they won't ship, but amazon UK might.
This constant lack of stock, with very rare exceptions, makes it unworkable for me.
They say more is arriving, and other products can be bought directly from the US site.

I thought I knew who they were, but I'm doubting that now. There is a greenleaf europe link on their site, but it means the UK. Where the currency is USD. This looks like a US company with EU distribution based in the UK. Who in turn, can't be bothered with the paperwork involved with sending to the EU. So they let Amazon do it.

I just can't get the stuff. Though 900 from 1sqm is interesting.

CocoNut 420

I ordered 20ltr of ionic I've had a chance to check the ec and it's like piss water 7/8ml per litre for 1.0ec compared to canna 2ml ab for 1.2ec.
I got 20ltr for £63 but its still 50% more/less than canna.

Don't get me wrong I was looking for a reliable nutrient not a bargain but it's steep at that, I'll use the remaining canna to veg with and flower using ionic and research it better in future.

Last edited:

Rocket Soul

Hmm, I'm not sure now. I do see the UK has no stock though. Unless you want half a pallet. Which they won't ship, but amazon UK might.
This constant lack of stock, with very rare exceptions, makes it unworkable for me.
They say more is arriving, and other products can be bought directly from the US site.

I thought I knew who they were, but I'm doubting that now. There is a greenleaf europe link on their site, but it means the UK. Where the currency is USD. This looks like a US company with EU distribution based in the UK. Who in turn, can't be bothered with the paperwork involved with sending to the EU. So they let Amazon do it.

I just can't get the stuff. Though 900 from 1sqm is interesting.
My buddy runs a tight grow and is allways on the higher end of yield, dont think it was the nutes just one of those dreamruns. Also his lighting is very tight, from uvb 285 all the way up to ceramic heaters for real IR.

Hiddenjems

I use GH MaxiBloom. It's feeds the plants what they need. I've used the Flora series in the past and it fed the plants just fine. I don't bother with any additives as they're not needed to get great results.

If I were to go to a multi part nutrient and the one I normally get when I use one was unavailable GH would probably be my next choice.
Have you tried the Florapro powders from gh?

I don’t add anything special either. I use ca+ micros, late bloom, and magnesium sulfate to replace the missing magnesium from the late bloom.

I change the ratio for higher pk a couple weeks into flower and haven’t seen any issues for a year.

xtsho

Have you tried the Florapro powders from gh?

I don’t add anything special either. I use ca+ micros, late bloom, and magnesium sulfate to replace the missing magnesium from the late bloom.

I change the ratio for higher pk a couple weeks into flower and haven’t seen any issues for a year.

No I haven't. I'm sure they're just fine though. I don't worry too much about nutrients so I don't bother switching around. I just get some inexpensive fertilizer, feed my plants, and harvest the weed. I've been using just MaxiBloom indoors for the last couple of years and it works just fine. This year for my outdoor plants I bought some timed released Osmocote so I could make it easy and just water from the hose and not bother with mixing up any nutrients. That's been working great and the plants are nice and healthy.

I think many get too caught up with nutrients and keep switching from one to another thinking that somehow the next one is going to be some kind of magic potion.

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
I ordered 20ltr of ionic I've had a chance to check the ec and it's like piss water 7/8ml per litre for 1.0ec compared to canna 2ml ab for 1.2ec.
I got 20ltr for £63 but its still 50% more/less than canna.

Don't get me wrong I was looking for a reliable nutrient not a bargain but it's steep at that, I'll use the remaining canna to veg with and flower using ionic and research it better in future.

Unc Ben steered you to a very high quality AND efficient to use, fert. One that I too recommend and have been using for 20+ yrs.

CocoNut 420

Unc Ben steered you to a very high quality AND efficient to use, fert. One that I too recommend and have been using for 20+ yrs
Hey bud, dry powder isn't great value for money if you're buying more than a kg + there's the inconvenience added in compared to one part liquid.

I'd have bought hydrocrop again gladly had it been sensibly priced per litre buying bulk, also I wanted a nutrient I'd tried other than canna.

Tynehead Tom

I am back guys

Running GH still great success

Added Armor si ( silica ) and floralicious plus to my feeding ( flora series with calmag ) so far looking great , using pro series chart I saw

Also purchase koolbloom as i
Found I needed some pk boost last run

I know allot of people hate GH
But it works for me and my first run I got
Huge results

I have been using GH Flora series since the late 90's , no reason to change.
Everyone who samples my flowers is always very impressed with flavor, the clean burn and I am satisfied with yields and flower quality..... why change?
I also run the Lucas Formula of 8ml micro/16ml bloom from start to finish, running plain water the last 10 days. I do have addatives on hand like Gypsum, Epsom, Liquid Koolbloom and Powdered Koolbloom as well as others like Calmag+ , Calimagic...... Usually I run the GH flora Lucas mix and at the end of week 5 I will start adding koolbloom powder. This run I just finished I didn't add anything except right at then end of stretch I gave them a couple doses of 200ppm Gypsum. Under a single 1000W horizintal HPS light , which should have been 2 for the space ideally, the yield has come out to 1 and 3/4 pounds of dried, trimmed and jarred flower. I expected less because I didn't give them the PK boost from the Koolbloom I usually use but the weight for the space 7x6 canopy, 20 plants flipped at 6weeks from seed. The lowers were quite light starved but it was a quick bud run so whatever.
Smoking a joint of High Rule Chimera Junky S1 that were freebies with a GLG order and the ash is a nice even white grey, flavor is exceptional ... a nice nutty, kushy, almost strawberry like .... tasty stuff and real potent too.
ya, GH flora, Lucas formula, saves on nutrient cost and it just plain grows great weed ;)

Outdoors is a different thing. I don't use plant foods or foilars in my greenhouse. I mix up a simple but effective low cost soil mix, inspired by the old basic water only recipe by Tom Hill from the original overgrow archives. All the soil is recovered and recycled each year to be reammended for the new season. I grow in containers so my garden is not leaching into the environment. I don't use foilars because I feel it upsets the natural predator/prey balance I observe in my greenhouse each season. Everyone comments about how nice my greenhouse runs are so it's another situation of no need to mess with a good thing ;)

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Hey bud, dry powder isn't great value for money if you're buying more than a kg + there's the inconvenience added in compared to one part liquid.

I'd have bought hydrocrop again gladly had it been sensibly priced per litre buying bulk, also I wanted a nutrient I'd tried other than canna.

Dude.... You said you aren't happy with what you were using and said you were gonna switch to dry nutes, after recommended several quality liquid ferts. Then bought ANOTHER liquid nute, only to complain that it isn't doing the job... If you wanna play around with different fertilizers, that's fine, but I'd you want results, go with a recommendation from an experienced grower.

All the best
Steele

CocoNut 420

Dude.... You said you aren't happy with what you were using and said you were gonna switch to dry nutes, after recommended several quality liquid ferts. Then bought ANOTHER liquid nute, only to complain that it isn't doing the job... If you wanna play around with different fertilizers, that's fine, but I'd you want results, go with a recommendation from an experienced grower.

All the best
Steele
No i didn't, I said I'm delighted with what I'm using?

I've bought more of another nutrient I really like, it's like piss water but I can live with that it's good that's what matters.

xtsho

The difference between the different nutrients providing your plants what they need is negligible. Just look at the labels, read the ingredients, and get the cheapest that's available. But before you do that take the time to learn the basics of plant nutrition. If people would do that they wouldn't be using all those bottles of nonsense that they are.

Cannabis specific nutes are nothing but a money grabbing scam. It's all marketing, flashy graphics, and cool sounding names. You can go down to Home Depot and buy some generic fertilizer off the shelf that will do the same thing as those ten bottles people pay $25 a piece for.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

The difference between the different nutrients providing your plants what they need is negligible. Just look at the labels, read the ingredients, and get the cheapest that's available. But before you do that take the time to learn the basics of plant nutrition. If people would do that they wouldn't be using all those bottles of nonsense that they are.

Cannabis specific nutes are nothing but a money grabbing scam. It's all marketing, flashy graphics, and cool sounding names. You can go down to Home Depot and by some generic fertilizer off the shelf that will do the same thing as those ten bottles people pay $25 a piece for.
This.

Any two or more part salt based nutrient eliminates the need for any boosters or other voodoo.

I’ve had great results with everything I’ve tried. And for the first few years at least, it wasn’t because I was that great of a grower.