What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Best cleanest highest quality nutes

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Figured I ought to go ahead and post the link, so anybody who cares about fertilizer purity can check out what they're using.

I certainly hope all of you organic fanatics will utilize this link. Believe it or not, eye of newt, batshit from gnomes and labia of virgin are not as pure and organic as you think it is. ;)

Now that now that langbenite shit, I'm not sure about.🤣😂🤣
Not to mention all the literal pollution from the organic freaks. “I use uncomposted manure every year” niiiiice, so youre literally contaminating any nearby water with excess phosphorous…..every year. When you buy organic produce, some think thats “cleaner”. Looking into ecoli and salmonella traces on organic produce vs conventional is staggering.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hydrofarm now owns this brand.....do you think they have changed any of the inputs
I do, unfortunately. We had a bad batch of their aqua flakes B which wasnt a disaster but a clear sign that something isnt the same. The next batch was fine but we are actively testing new feed because we fear future volatility.

Old Uncle Ben

Cannabis specific nutrients are basically marketing hype. Any brand with a feed chart that has you measuring out 10 different products is just nonsense and the only people that buy into it are cannabis growers that have never grown any other plant.

As for "clean" nutes. None of the cannabis specific nutrients that come in a bottle make the ingredients. They just buy them in bulk and mix it according to their recipe. The ingredients come from a few global companies like Yara, Haifa, ICL, Mosaic, etc...

Advanced Nutrients and all the rest are just mixing stuff. Many of them don't even do that. There are companies that will mix whatever you want, bottle it for you, and deliver on a pallet to wherever you want. That's how those ridiculous brands like Snoop Dog, and many others do it. They have a third party handle everything for them.

Some people seem to think that cannabis has some special requirements that other plants don't. Cannabis has the same basic requirements. Playing chemist mixing 2mm of this and 3mm of that using half a dozen or more bottles is just wasting time and money. I know some just can believe it but it's true. Cannabis is a very easy plant to grow. Many people would have better results if they stopped overthinking and buying into all the cannabis nonsense they read online.

I used this for years and it delivered better results than other brands I've used. In fact I switched to it after having to take out a second mortgage on my house to finish a run using Botanicare. Talk about overpriced. And there is nothing special about it.

These are extremely clean, water soluble nutrients. Just a mixture of different chemical salts. Leaves no gunk in the reservoir, and doesn't clog the 3mm lines used for Blumats.

I only use part A and B. Part C which is just MKP is not needed. There is plenty of P&K in Part A. Only available in Oregon. It's the house blend from the oldest Hydro shop in Portland 1982 until they moved next to the Flying Skull facility. I read somewhere that it was originally called Golden Grow because it has a golden color. These guys were using it back in the 80's long before many were even born and companies like AN didn't even exist. Nothing fancy, just everything your plants need for a decent price. Flying Skull uses the same basic micro formula they just add some aminos and vitamins. Same people behind both companies. VitaGrow was first though and has been around for a very long time. Flying Skull is available worldwide.

View attachment 19028837
View attachment 19028840

Every point is spot on. Been flamed reciting such facts for years. Ask a noob to give up their Acme Bloom Magical Sweet Sauce and they'll give ya that ol "out of my dead hands!"

I do "easy peasy", one reason why I use the hell outta Osmocote. If you want a great one part without the cost and mixing drills of part XY and Z then go with Dyna-Gro. I use their Foliage Pro 9-3-6 a lot and rarely their Bloom. Hard to beat the price and quality, 16 essential elements. Pure, great for foliar sprays.

1720447737291.png

xtsho

Scotts has been buying up companies for years. They also own Osmocote.

Their subsidiary Hawthorne Gardening has more than just the fertilizers I previously listed.

Scotts Miracle-Gro to Acquire Sunlight Supply Inc., Marking Major Step Forward in the Evolution of The Hawthorne Gardening Company

"Hawthorne Gardening Co. will remain based in New York although significant operations will be consolidated in Vancouver, Washington, where Sunlight Supply is based and recently opened a world-class and fully automated manufacturing and distribution facility."

Scotts even has brands like Botanicare listed on their own website. I can hear the screams from the people that didn't know. :eek:

Brands​

United States​

• AeroGrow
  • Black Magic
  • Blossom
  • Botanicare LLC
  • Bovung
  • Can-Filters
  • Earthgro
  • Ecoscraps
  • Gavita
  • General Hydroponics
  • Greendigs
  • Greenlight
  • Hawthorne Gardening Company
  • Hyponex
  • Lunarly
  • Luxx Lighting Co
  • Miracle-Gro
  • Mother Earth
  • Ortho
  • Ortho Elementals
  • Osmocote
  • Scotts
  • Scotts Lawn Service
  • Supersoil
  • TOMCAT
  • Vermicrop Organics
  • Whitney Farms

Outside the U.S.​

• Gavita Holland B.V.
  • Pathclear
  • Scotts Ecosense
  • Weedol

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Scotts has been buying up companies for years. They also own Osmocote.

Their subsidiary Hawthorne Gardening has more than just the fertilizers I previously listed.

Scotts Miracle-Gro to Acquire Sunlight Supply Inc., Marking Major Step Forward in the Evolution of The Hawthorne Gardening Company

"Hawthorne Gardening Co. will remain based in New York although significant operations will be consolidated in Vancouver, Washington, where Sunlight Supply is based and recently opened a world-class and fully automated manufacturing and distribution facility."

Scotts even has brands like Botanicare listed on their own website. I can hear the screams from the people that didn't know. :eek:

Brands​

United States​

• AeroGrow
  • Black Magic
  • Blossom
  • Botanicare LLC
  • Bovung
  • Can-Filters
  • Earthgro
  • Ecoscraps
  • Gavita
  • General Hydroponics
  • Greendigs
  • Greenlight
  • Hawthorne Gardening Company
  • Hyponex
  • Lunarly
  • Luxx Lighting Co
  • Miracle-Gro
  • Mother Earth
  • Ortho
  • Ortho Elementals
  • Osmocote
  • Scotts
  • Scotts Lawn Service
  • Supersoil
  • TOMCAT
  • Vermicrop Organics
  • Whitney Farms

Outside the U.S.​

• Gavita Holland B.V.
  • Pathclear
  • Scotts Ecosense
  • Weedol
Amazing, thanks for the info.

They're into all kinds of stuff. I put down 13 pallets of a new, low input St. Augustine grass last year that has been in development for years - ProVista. It's a GMO product, resistant to Glyphosate so weed control is cheap and easy.

xtsho

Amazing, thanks for the info.

They're into all kinds of stuff. I put down 13 pallets of a new, low input St. Augustine grass last year that has been in development for years - ProVista. It's a GMO product, resistant to Glyphosate so weed control is cheap and easy.

It's all being consolidated into a few companies. Just look at the brands under Hydrofarms Umbrella. You can get bought out or run out. The smart ones take the money and run. Then move on to their next endeavor with a pocketful of cash. That's business. There's nothing wrong with building a successful brand and cashing out.

1720574950701.png

trixP

I am back guys

Running GH still great success

Added Armor si ( silica ) and floralicious plus to my feeding ( flora series with calmag ) so far looking great , using pro series chart I saw

Also purchase koolbloom as i
Found I needed some pk boost last run

I know allot of people hate GH
But it works for me and my first run I got
Huge results

CocoNut 420

Getting back to hydrocrop...It's absolutely spotless clean, I mixed up 2ltr of stock solution at weekend 100g per ltr and its spotless after mixing, jfc below is about a week old without a pump or any other agitation.
20240728_001258.jpg

I've grown two crops with hydrocrop and they're significantly better than anything I've grown with canna.

Tbh I'm reluctant to entertain the thought but it's how it is?

xtsho

I am back guys

Running GH still great success

Added Armor si ( silica ) and floralicious plus to my feeding ( flora series with calmag ) so far looking great , using pro series chart I saw

Also purchase koolbloom as i
Found I needed some pk boost last run

I know allot of people hate GH
But it works for me and my first run I got
Huge results

I use GH MaxiBloom. It's feeds the plants what they need. I've used the Flora series in the past and it fed the plants just fine. I don't bother with any additives as they're not needed to get great results.

If I were to go to a multi part nutrient and the one I normally get when I use one was unavailable GH would probably be my next choice.

trixP

Which one? been using flora nova and flora bloom for quite awhile they are both one part very easy to use good results
Flora series and calmag and I added flora nectar ( the sugar ) Was my first run, 2 plants over a pound after 7 days dry

Recently added armor si ( GH silica ) and floralicious plus ( vegan and smells it ) booster from GH

Also purchased liquid and dry koolbloom as I needed to spend more money for free shipping lmao I also found I could used a pk booster at the end of my
First run

I use this chart

Before when I only ran the flora and calmag I ran what the back of the bottes said full strength

Attachments

• IMG_6731.jpeg
    IMG_6731.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

Old Uncle Ben

It’s kind of funny how people can really find anything to hate on

I can look at a label and in an instant tell you whether it's crap or "works". Most anything works around here but is it a good value and complete?

Example - this is a superior food at a great value. One part, none of the typical Euro 2, 6, 8, X.....part nonsense supplements designed to empty your pockets week by week. Absurd....

Foliage Pro.jpg

$22 USD for a qt. at Amazon

Last edited:

CocoNut 420

I can look at a label and in an instant tell you whether it's crap or "works". Most anything works around here but is it a good value and complete?

Example - this is a superior food at a great value. One part, none of the typical Euro 2, 6, 8, X.....part nonsense supplements designed to empty your pockets week by week. Absurd....

View attachment 19040530

$22 USD for a qt. at Amazon
Is it possible I've been getting shit weed with nice healthy resinous plants, I mean shit as in watery or vague terps?

I've started using a different nutrient and suddenly I've had results that I find suspect, things have went from mostly shit to mostly good at the change of a nutrient brand, I didn't think such a change was even possible maybe I've just been lucky I don't know tbh, what do you think?

Thanks OuB

Latest posts

Latest posts