What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bernie Sanders calls for an end to marijuana prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm glad you had something to say about it. Except you got it really scrambled up in your head. How does increasing revenue by $13T raise the national debt, anyway?

You're wrong about the debt, as well. Reagan/GHWB quadrupled it. GWB doubled it. At the end of fiscal 2009, the last year of GWB budgeting, the debt was just shy of $12T. It was slightly under $1T at the end of FY 1981-

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm

The 2015 increase in debt was lower than any year since the Clinton admin, from the same source.

Facts. Pesky little things, huh?

At least you tried. For the record, Bush was terrible also. So when interpreting this, look at all the Billions before bush and Obama. Now look at who is posting up trillions.

Amount Added to the Debt for Each Fiscal Year Since 1960:

Barack Obama: Added $6.167 trillion, a 53% increase in the $11.657 trillion debt level due to President Bush at the end of his last budget, FY 2009.

FY 2014 - $1.086 trillion.
FY 2013 - $672 billion.
FY 2012 - $1.276 trillion.
FY 2011 - $1.229 trillion.
FY 2010 - $1.652 trillion.
FY 2009 - $253 billion. (Congress passed the Economic Stimulus Act, which spent $253 billion in FY 2009. This rare occurrence should be added to President Obama's contribution to the debt.)
George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101% increase to the $5.8 trillion debt level at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

FY 2009 - $1.632 trillion. (Bush's deficit without the impact of the Economic Stimulus Act).
FY 2008 - $1.017 trillion.
FY 2007 - $501 billion.
FY 2006 - $574 billion.
FY 2005 - $554 billion.
FY 2004 - $596 billion.
FY 2003 - $555 billion.
FY 2002 - $421 billion.
Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32% increase in the $4.4 trillion debt level at the end of Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

FY 2001 - $133 billion.
FY 2000 - $18 billion.
FY 1999 - $130 billion.
FY 1998 - $113 billion.
FY 1997 - $188 billion.
FY 1996 - $251 billion.
FY 1995 - $281 billion.
FY 1994 - $281 billion.
George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54% increase in the $2.8 trillion debt level at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

FY 1993 - $347 billion.
FY 1992 - $399 billion.
FY 1991 - $432 billion.
FY 1990 - $376 billion.
Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, 186% increase in the $998 billion debt level at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981. See Did Reaganomics Work?

FY 1989 - $255 billion.
FY 1988 - $252 billion.
FY 1987 - $225 billion.
FY 1986 - $297 billion.
FY 1985 - $256 billion.
FY 1984 - $195 billion.
FY 1983 - $235 billion.
FY 1982 - $144 billion.
Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43% increase in the $699 billion debt level at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

FY 1981 - $90 billion.
FY 1980 - $81 billion.
FY 1979 - $55 billion.
FY 1978 - $73 billion.
Gerald Ford: Added $224 billion, a 47% increase in the $475 billion debt level at the end of Nixon's last budget, FY 1974.

FY 1977 - $78 billion.
FY 1976 - $87 billion.
FY 1975 - $58 billion.
Richard Nixon: Added $121 billion, a 34% increase in the $354 billion debt level at the end of LBJ's last budget, FY 1969.

FY 1974 - $17 billion.
FY 1973 - $31 billion.
FY 1972 - $29 billion.
FY 1971 - $27 billion.
FY 1970 - $17 billion.
Lyndon B. Johnson: Added $42 billion, a 13% increase in the $312 billion debt level at the end of JFK's last budget, FY 1964.

FY 1969 - $6 billion.
FY 1968 - $21 billion.
FY 1967 - $6 billion.
FY 1966 - $3 billion.
FY 1965 - $6 billion.
John F. Kennedy: Added $23 billion, a 8% increase in the $289 billion debt level at the end of Eisenhower's last budget, FY1961.

FY 1964 - $6 billion.
FY 1963 - $7 billion.
FY 1962 - $10 billion.
Dwight Eisenhower: Added $23 billion, a 9% increase in the $266 billion debt level at the end of Truman's last budget, FY 1953.

FY 1961 - $3 billion.
FY 1960 - $2 billion.
FY 1959 - $8 billion.
FY 1958 - $6 billion.
FY 1957 - $2 billion surplus.
FY 1956 - $2 billion surplus.
FY 1955 - $3 billion.
FY 1954 - $5 billion.
Harry Truman: Added $7 billion, a 3% increase over FDR's debt level of $259 billion at the end of FY 1945.

FY 1953 - $7 billion.
FY 1952 - $4 billion.
FY 1951 - $2 billion surplus.
FY 1950 - $5 billion.
FY 1949 - slight surplus.
FY 1948 - $6 billion surplus.
FY 1947 - $11 billion surplus.
FY 1946 - $11 billion.
Franklin D. Roosevelt: Added $236 billion, a 1,048% increase over $23 billion, the debt at the end of Hoover's last budget, FY 1933.

FY 1945 - $58 billion.
FY 1944 - $64 billion.
FY 1943 - $64 billion.
FY 1942 - $23 billion.
FY 1941 - $6 billion.
FY 1940 - $3 billion.
FY 1939 - $3 billion.
FY 1938 - $1 billion.
FY 1937 - $3 billion.
FY 1936 - $5 billion.
FY 1935 - $2 billion.
FY 1934 - $5 billion.
Herbert Hoover: Added $6 billion, a 33% increase over $17 billion, the debt at the end of Coolidge's last budget, FY 1929.

FY 1933 - $3 billion.
FY 1932 - $3 billion.
FY 1931 - $1 billion.
FY 1930 - $1 billion surplus.
Calvin Coolidge: Subtracted $5 billion from the debt, a 26% decline from $21 billion the debt level at the end of Harding's last budget, FY 1923.

FY 1929 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1928 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1927 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1926 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1925 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1924 - $1 billion surplus.
Warren G. Harding: Subtracted $2 billion from the debt, a 7% decline from the $24 billion debt at the end of Wilson's last budget, FY 1921.

FY 1923 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1922 - $1 billion surplus.
Woodrow Wilson: Added $21 billion to the debt, a 727% increase in the $3 billion debt at the end of Taft's last budget, FY 1913.

FY 1921 - $2 billion surplus.
FY 1920 - $1 billion surplus.
FY 1919 - $13 billion.
FY 1918 - $9 billion.
FY 1917 - $2 billion.
FY 1916 - $1 billion.
FY 1915 - $0 billion (slight surplus).
FY 1914 - $0 billion.
FY 1789 - FY 1913: $3 billion debt created. (Source: OMB, Table 1.1—Summary of Receipts, Outlays, and Surpluses or Deficits: 1789–2017)

Meraxes

Veteran
Quit bitching about your taxes also....

Quit bitching about your taxes also....

If you've become successful, its patriotic to give back to your country that gave you the platform, and stop voting against everything that might give kids an education....
attachment.php

Attachments

• cbppdebtchart.jpg
    cbppdebtchart.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10

oldchuck

Veteran
This is a heck of a read...

Has the world known a greater horror than what it witnessed on Tuesday when Sarah Palin endorsed Donald Trump for president of the United States?

I think it's great, man, the best entertainment yet and we have still got almost a year to run. It's about time there was a titanic shake up in the American political system. I have read and heard people speak that Trump is a Clinton nuclear weapon planted in the middle of the Republican party. I don't believe that but it is a crazy puzzle because Trump is in the process of exploding the Republicans into ashes.

And at the same time Sarah is whooping it up for Trump her kid is busted for assault and extreme drunkenness due to, according to Sarah, PTSD caused by Obama. It's more than I could hope for. What a story. Unfortunately, PTSD is a serious issue and we all know what might have helped Trap, or Trick or whatever his name is, out of that alcoholic pit he has dropped into.

Meraxes

Veteran
I think it's great, man, the best entertainment yet and we have still got almost a year to run. It's about time there was a titanic shake up in the American political system. I have read and heard people speak that Trump is a Clinton nuclear weapon planted in the middle of the Republican party. I don't believe that but it is a crazy puzzle because Trump is in the process of exploding the Republicans into ashes.

And at the same time Sarah is whooping it up for Trump her kid is busted for assault and extreme drunkenness due to, according to Sarah, PTSD caused by Obama. It's more than I could hope for. What a story. Unfortunately, PTSD is a serious issue and we all know what might have helped Trap, or Trick or whatever his name is, out of that alcoholic pit he has dropped into.

Oh, I though his name was "Gun" or "lamp".... :biggrin:

igrowone

Veteran
... I have read and heard people speak that Trump is a Clinton nuclear weapon planted in the middle of the Republican party. I don't believe that but it is a crazy puzzle because Trump is in the process of exploding the Republicans into ashes.

i'm not sure what the republican party is going to look like after the 2016 election
but it is going to be different
i mean are there any conservatives out there that think what's happening is good?
i do understand the anger, i guess a circus makes some people feel better, for a while anyways

R

Robrites

Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders hold solid leads in Iowa, CNN/ORC poll finds

Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders hold solid leads in Iowa, CNN/ORC poll finds

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump holds a commanding lead in Iowa as Sen. Bernie Sanders takes control of the Democratic race in the critical first-in-the-nation voting state, according to a new CNN/ORC poll released Thursday.

Trump leads Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who is in second place in the GOP race, among likely Republican caucus-goers, 37% to 26%. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, is in third at 14%, the only other Republican in double digits. Ben Carson failed to register half of Rubio's support and is in fourth place at 6%.

Sanders, meanwhile, has opened up an eight-point lead over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, leading her in Iowa 51% to 43% among likely Democratic presidential caucus-goers.

The sampling is key for both leaders: Only including voters who previously caucused in their party's most recent competitive caucus, Cruz is neck-and-neck with Trump, with 30% for Cruz to 28% for Trump. Rubio is steady at 16% in that sample.

Of Democrats who caucused in 2008, Clinton leads Sanders, 55% to 38%.

In December, Clinton led Sanders in the Hawkeye State by 18 points in CNN/ORC's polling, 54% to 36%.

Sanders' lead is in part built on his economic policies. Democratic caucus-goers said they trust the Vermont senator over Clinton on the economy by 22 points, and 67% said they thought he would do more to help the middle class, as opposed to 30% who felt that way about Clinton.

R

Robrites

Bernie might not have to run against Hilary if things keep going in this direction.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...et-that-even-senior-lawmakers-cant-read-them/

Wow.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had emails on her private server that contained information so top-secret that the very lawmakers who oversee the State Department can’t read them without meeting “additional security requirements,” according to a report by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge.
According to the report, Clinton’s emails contained intelligence classified “at a level beyond top secret,” therefore, some of the lawmakers in both parties on the committees examining Clinton’s emails do not have the necessary security clearances to actually read them.

Shit like this used to be guaranteed prison time. Bet it gets swept under the carpet.

Jhhnn

Veteran
i'm not sure what the republican party is going to look like after the 2016 election
but it is going to be different
i mean are there any conservatives out there that think what's happening is good?
i do understand the anger, i guess a circus makes some people feel better, for a while anyways

Rightwing media manipulators have been radicalizing the Repub base for decades while the Party was stringing them along about what they think is important. At this point, Repubs are under huge pressures to deliver on promises they made, promises that nobody can keep, not even using extortion & hostage taking.

Anger? They're mad at the wrong people. Who do they have to be angry at other than themselves? They've been getting chumped for decades in the name of some great cause or another, some ideal they're induced to pursue with religious fervor. They're so convinced they're right that they assault the foundations of Democracy, believing their moral authority to somehow be greater.

They're like a jealous lover who'll kill the object of their affection because they can't have it.

Trump? He's just telling them what they've wanted to hear for a long time-

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/01/19/a-small-silent-minority/?_r=0

Jhhnn

Veteran
Wow.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had emails on her private server that contained information so top-secret that the very lawmakers who oversee the State Department can’t read them without meeting “additional security requirements,” according to a report by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge.
According to the report, Clinton’s emails contained intelligence classified “at a level beyond top secret,” therefore, some of the lawmakers in both parties on the committees examining Clinton’s emails do not have the necessary security clearances to actually read them.

Shit like this used to be guaranteed prison time. Bet it gets swept under the carpet.

It's amazing what can be accomplished with selective leaking of information. People seem to have a hard time catching on to it & seeing it for what it is.

What really happened? The NYT published an article about the drone program with leaked material. That was forwarded to Hillary's inbox. Discussion ensued about the article. That's the "above top secret" information we're talking about, information that had already escaped into the wild. But it's still classified above top secret because the security pinheads say it is & always has been, as if the drone program is something people don't know about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/u...to-include-material-exceeding-top-secret.html

I hope you can see how that works. The spin on the Fox piece you reference is standard for this kind of distortion. They only tell you what they want you to know, not the whole story.

It's been the same ploy from Whitewater through fast & furious, Ben-fucking-ghazi, the IRS & now this. When you get to the bottom of it there's nothing there, never was.

R

Robrites

Hey kids, it's time to play ... Seriously, they actually said that?! Trump/Palin edit

Hey kids, it's time to play ... Seriously, they actually said that?! Trump/Palin edit

picture.php

Sorry so hard to read.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Trump has Narcissistic Personality disorder. If given the reins of power, he will transform into a monster. You can see the process already taking place.

Meraxes

Veteran
Trump has Narcissistic Personality disorder. If given the reins of power, he will transform into a monster. You can see the process already taking place.

Well, there's 6 top Generals that said they would resign if Trump becomes president. The entire Islamic world will certainly start preparing for it. If a major American political party elects someone like this as their nominee, the eyes of the world will be upon us.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Cruz would be good. He'll carpet bomb the Republican party at least as well as Trump.

It'd be close, I think. They're both courting the ragers & ravers who are so mad they don't know what they're mad about. Just say something to let 'em vent & you've got 'em in the palm of your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.