What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

🪷Baba’s 2024 Garden🪷

funkyhorse

Salam Alekum ia habibi 🙏
To add to FP questions:
City/region source of the egyptian and senegalese genetics and year of sourcing if you sourced it yourself
If genetics are outsourced and bought from a seedbank, which one is it?

I am curious about the nigerian too, same questions as above

Have a nice weekend

Chills

Interesting thing. Despite i would consider myself as an agnostic person, i came to almost the same conclousions over the years.
Thank you for your detailed reply

✌️

Baba Karuna

Nice work you are very dedicated Can you describe what the Egyptian line is actually like ? what kind of flowers does it produce? etc… are these considered hash plants?
Thank you my friend 🙏🏼

The Egyptian produces airy buds, similar to Lebanese or Moroccan plants. I believe these are cultivated for flowers in their native land as the Bedouin are not too sophisticated in their cultivation techniques and hash is so readily available from neighboring countries exports. The flowers can also be tightly packed but not dense which is great for airflow in hot climates. Resin is more dry sticky than oily and it can be utilized to make good hash. I have seen improvement in resin coverage as I have made my selections over the years. I believe that given a few more years of breeding this will increase even more 😊 and thanks to the semi auto flowering traits it is possible to get multiple crops a year given that they are protected from excessive rain (sometimes they can mold when it is too wet).

The effect is truly unique and is very gentle but powerful 💥 🥰

Baba Karuna

Salam Alekum ia habibi 🙏
To add to FP questions:
City/region source of the egyptian and senegalese genetics and year of sourcing if you sourced it yourself
If genetics are outsourced and bought from a seedbank, which one is it?

I am curious about the nigerian too, same questions as above

Have a nice weekend
Wa alaikum salaam ya sadiqi 🙏🏼

I sourced the Egyptian from The Real Seed Company almost 10 years ago and was told they were direct from Egyptian circa 1990-1997 via the Sinai Peninsula. The variety has changed in various ways since I first began my breeding programs.

The Senegalese from the Landrace Team years ago along with the Nigerian. They have proven to produce exceptional herb with potent energetic and spiritually uplifting effects 🙏🏼

Baba Karuna

Some cobbed Peruvian from last years harvest.

🪷Om Namah Shivaya🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7631.jpeg
    IMG_7631.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7632.jpeg
    IMG_7632.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7634.jpeg
    IMG_7634.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7635.jpeg
    IMG_7635.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Hi Baba,
interesting cobs. I take it that you wrap the buds in corn leaf, right? Do you bury it in pots or such? Is the effect of those cobs very different from fresh bud? Sorry for the dumb questions but this is new to me.

Baba Karuna

Hi Baba,
interesting cobs. I take it that you wrap the buds in corn leaf, right? Do you bury it in pots or such? Is the effect of those cobs very different from fresh bud? Sorry for the dumb questions but this is new to me.
Hari Om 🙏🏼

I appreciate your question my friend 😊

I use corn leaf, banana leaf, or unbleached paper if the first two are not available. Currently I vacuum seal and incubate using a crock pot or egg incubator, then I ferment in a warm dark room.

The effect is completely different. I find the fermentation brightens and enhances the effects. Fresh herb can be potent but for me it often brings a certain “heaviness” in the mind and body especially when compared to ferment. Some varieties cause me to feel pressure in my head or eyes. Fermented herb makes my vision clearer, sharper, and brighter. The sense of clarity and complete ease in mind and body feels more invigorating and lends itself perfectly to meditation and inner exploration.

It can be eaten straight off the cob and when throughly chewed it can be felt in as little as 10 minutes. Only a small amount is needed 0.25-0.4g

When it comes to smoking/vaporizing the chlorophyll, ammonia, and so on is broken down so the smoke or vapor is much smoother.

Overall it is a better experience. There is a reason our ancestors fermented or prepared herbs like this with certain rituals. It literally changes the entire experience 😊🙏🏼

🪷Jai Guru Dev🪷

Baba Karuna

Mother’s Light: Malana Cream 🇮🇳 x Kandahar 🇦🇫 x Sinai 🇪🇬 x Waziristan 🇵🇰

Smells of spices, fuel, meat, and cologne. Mellow, dreamy, centered, and calm. Great meditative high vibration herb 🙌🏼

Aged 6 months, seeded by multiple Nigerian 🇳🇬 males 🙏🏼

Attachments

• IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7469.jpeg
    IMG_7469.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7471.jpeg
    IMG_7471.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Currently I vacuum seal and incubate using a crock pot or egg incubator, then I ferment in a warm dark room.
Don't have any of those but I would use my Pot by NOIDS or something else. I suppose it does not take much heat as the egg incubator is normally at 100 F.

The only thing I would worry about is mold. Do you sort of over-dry the grass before you ferment? Do you watch air humidity in the room? Like when you are curing normally?
It can be eaten straight off the cob and when throughly chewed it can be felt in as little as 10 minutes. Only a small amount is needed 0.25-0.4g
Do you decarb the weed before or after you ferment - or not at all?
When it comes to smoking/vaporizing the chlorophyll, ammonia, and so on is broken down so the smoke or vapor is much smoother.
Sounds great.
Overall it is a better experience. There is a reason our ancestors fermented or prepared herbs like this with certain rituals. It literally changes the entire experience 😊🙏🏼
Well, I have fermented a lot so far but never thought of fermenting cannabis. Chillies, cucumbers, yoghurt, kombucha etc. were obvious and worked out nicely. Sorry for more stupid questions.

Chills

Man again very nice thread, very inspiring.

Are the seeds in the cobs still germinable? This looks like a good way to process seeded flower. Do you think seeded cobs have a different effect than sensimillia?
I stumbled upon the malawi style cob curing threat by Tangwena a few times, but i think with my next harvest in 2/3 weeks i will give it a try for shure. Maybe a few little cobs, moroccan egg style
😁👍

Much sun, enough water and good air for you and your plants.

THX

Baba Karuna

Don't have any of those but I would use my Pot by NOIDS or something else. I suppose it does not take much heat as the egg incubator is normally at 100 F.

The only thing I would worry about is mold. Do you sort of over-dry the grass before you ferment? Do you watch air humidity in the room? Like when you are curing normally?

Do you decarb the weed before or after you ferment - or not at all?

Sounds great.

Well, I have fermented a lot so far but never thought of fermenting cannabis. Chillies, cucumbers, yoghurt, kombucha etc. were obvious and worked out nicely. Sorry for more stupid questions.
Great questions my friend 😊

I set my incubation temperature at 108f. Anywhere around 100-108f is perfect. After harvesting I remove the large fan leaves and any foliage that is devoid of resin glands. After this initial trimming I set the buds aside to dry for 1-3 days (depending on room temp and humidity). The outer layer of plant matter will begin to dry but the inner areas will still be moist. At this point I cut the buds off the stems, wrap and compress them in corn or banana leaf and then place them in a vacuum sealed bag. The removal of all air from the bag prevents mold from growing (I have never encountered mold using this technique). After sweating for 1-2 days at 108f I remove the cobs from the bag and place them on drying racks in the dark and let them dry for 1-2 days so again the outer layer is dry. Next I vacuum seal them again and leave them in a warm room (around 85f) for 3 months. At this point I open them again and dry either part of the crop or the entire crop (sometimes I leave part of it to go longer, I go by intuition). Once I feel the herb is ready I dry it completely and reseal the excess to let it dry age until I am ready to use it.

There is no need to decarb as the fermentation and time spent aging has allowed the cannabinoids to bloom and activate. The fermented herb can be also used for alcohol and butter/oil extractions but again, decarboxylation is not necessary. 🙏🏼

🪷Jai Ram🪷

Last edited:

Baba Karuna

Man again very nice thread, very inspiring.

Are the seeds in the cobs still germinable? This looks like a good way to process seeded flower. Do you think seeded cobs have a different effect than sensimillia?
I stumbled upon the malawi style cob curing threat by Tangwena a few times, but i think with my next harvest in 2/3 weeks i will give it a try for shure. Maybe a few little cobs, moroccan egg style
😁👍

Much sun, enough water and good air for you and your plants.

THX

Much appreciated my friend 😊🙏🏼

Yes the seeds are still viable. I find that sometimes the seeds form a harder shell after undergoing this treatment which I feel allows for better storage of the seeds. I am currently growing many plants that were started from fermented seeds. The harder shell sometimes take a bit longer to sprout but they have worked 😎

In my experience seeded herb has a more “complete” feeling. Noticeably different than sinsemilla and for that reason I only produce seeded or at least lightly seeded cobs. Plus, since I breed only via open pollination, focusing on breeding a collective group rather than isolated phenotypes, having seeds from each plant is of great value to me.

The Malawi Cob thread is a fantastic resource and @Tangwena is very passionate and helpful. His insight and guidance is of tremendous value 🙌🏼 You will definitely find fermentation be an interesting and rewarding journey. Start small and have fun, once I discovered the similarities between fermented herb and the aged hash I grew up smoking I never went back to simply dried and jarred buds. 😊

Praying for your happiness and prosperity 🙏🏼

🪷Om Mani Padme Hum🪷

Baba Karuna

Afghan Mama: Kandahar 🇦🇫 x Malana Cream 🇮🇳

One of my oldest hybrids. Stoney, mellow, and deeply relaxing. This variety usually produces scents of cream, sweet fruits, and Arabian Perfume ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpeg
    IMG_7812.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26