What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

🪷Baba’s 2024 Garden🪷

Tangwena

Veteran
In my experience seeded herb has a more “complete” feeling. Noticeably different than sinsemilla and for that reason I only produce seeded or at least lightly seeded cobs. Plus, since I breed only via open pollination, focusing on breeding a collective group rather than isolated phenotypes, having seeds from each plant is of great value to me.
Not to mention a shorter flowering period and the high is way better IMO.
The bonus being fresh seeds to play with if you like the effects.

Baba Karuna

Not to mention a shorter flowering period and the high is way better IMO.
The bonus being fresh seeds to play with if you like the effects.
The shorter flowering period is a definite win especially when it comes to long flowering Sativas. I learned many years ago that it is best to seed each plant because finding a stellar expression and not having seeds to continue growing it is a real bummer.

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
I like your minority approach, @Baba Karuna and @Tangwena. Totally "out of style" nowadays. I had a slightly different approach towards seeded buds so far: I like them and I don't really care if there are some seeds in my buds. For that I have heard a lot of criticism by the "modern purists" who keep telling me I am "off" with my old-fashioned approach. Refusing to bow to the holy grail of pure sinsemilla is heresy to many. Pretty much the same as the god of THC, meaning that if you grow anything below 20% THC content you are considered to be a loser to many.

Oh, thank you so much @Baba Karuna for your answers. They helped me understand your process much better.

Baba Karuna

Bananas are starting to produce heavily this is the 4th bunch that has grown in the last month 🥰 Should be ready by the end of summer 🌞

🪷Jai Ram🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

Baba Karuna

Mother’s Light 🇪🇬 🇮🇳 🇵🇰 🇦🇫

This was from a plant that expressed medium height and yield and possessed a beautiful deep leathery and spicy scent. After around 8 months of curing it now smells of leather, perfume, and spicy incense. 🥰

Deeply relaxing and uplifting. The leathery savory expressions of the ML are more cerebral than the fruity and creamy expressions 🙏🏼

🪷Jai Mata Di🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7896.jpeg
    IMG_7896.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7892.jpeg
    IMG_7892.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7886.jpeg
    IMG_7886.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7884.jpeg
    IMG_7884.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7880.jpeg
    IMG_7880.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Baba Karuna

Sinai 🇪🇬 “Tangerine” expression. This was a standout specimen from last years 11:11 Sinai selection. This has cured for around 7-8 months now and has a powerful orange candy aroma and taste. One of the best tasting herbs I have been blessed with this year 😋 the orange/citrus taste is incredible and this herb is so smooth when inhaled and when chewed the orange candy taste is divine 🙌🏼 the longer cure has brought out a more uplifting vibration and is expansive and meditative. Very excited to be growing out a bunch of the 11:11 seeds this year 😊

This one is seeded with Nigerian 🇳🇬 and I plan to start some later this year and see what shows up 🙏🏼

🪷Om Namah Shivaya🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7874.jpeg
    IMG_7874.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7870.jpeg
    IMG_7870.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7878.jpeg
    IMG_7878.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20

Baba Karuna

Hopi Mapacho (Heirloom Tobacco) freshly cured. Beautiful and powerful teacher plant. So much better when home grown and cured 🥰 A perfect evening smoke. Gentle, flavorful, and potent🙏🏼

🪷Jai Guru🪷

Attachments

• IMG_7918.jpeg
    IMG_7918.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7925.jpeg
    IMG_7925.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7927.jpeg
    IMG_7927.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7923.jpeg
    IMG_7923.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7920.jpeg
    IMG_7920.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
That Nicotiana rustica tobacco is pretty interesting. But then again - I am a nicotine addict and have to stay clear. I am glad I gave up the habit 4.5 years ago. Which is also the reason why I vape now - although I would prefer smoking grass.
Whatever.

I take it that all of the buds you show in #112 and 113 are fermented, yes? I know you touched the subject somewhere above. Did you ever cure some grass regularly and fermented for similar amounts of time? And could you tell us the difference when consuming both, if you did?

I like what you are showing here because it is so ... non-mainstream :)

Baba Karuna

I've always wanted to try "real" tobacco. Love the pipe, it's beautiful
Thank you my friend 🙏🏼

There is nothing like homegrown true tobacco. I just had an evening pipeful and it was so smooth and tasty with a fantastic energy 🤩 If you are interested in growing some I will be harvesting seeds soon 😊

Baba Karuna

That Nicotiana rustica tobacco is pretty interesting. But then again - I am a nicotine addict and have to stay clear. I am glad I gave up the habit 4.5 years ago. Which is also the reason why I vape now - although I would prefer smoking grass.
Whatever.

I take it that all of the buds you show in #112 and 113 are fermented, yes? I know you touched the subject somewhere above. Did you ever cure some grass regularly and fermented for similar amounts of time? And could you tell us the difference when consuming both, if you did?

I like what you are showing here because it is so ... non-mainstream :)
The Mapacho is very high nicotine and harmaline alkaloids and thus requires conscious and intentional use. It is so strong that a couple of deep pipefuls smoked in quick succession can lead to intense visionary states where the body goes limp and standing becomes impossible 😵‍💫 drinking tea made from it is also quite powerful. There is a reason Native Peoples have revered it for shamanic use, and since this is a nightshade It commands respect ✊ Good on you for doing what feels right and staying tobacco free for so many years 🙌🏼 I have had to take breaks from time to time as the plant dictates to me when I am supposed to consume it lest I fall prey to habitual or non ceremonial use. 🙏🏼

Those buds are fully fermented and cured and I do have a few jars of Egyptian herb from last season that have aged for almost a year now. The effect is more heavy and “narcotic” compared to the ferment and is also more harsh to inhale and is not nearly as active when eaten. It also causes a noticeable head pressure that the ferment lacks. Smoked or vaporized it also has a more “mentally dulling” effect that fermenting seems to remove. I am using the jar cured herb to make Holy Annointing Oil and cannabutter because it is not as pleasant to vaporize as the ferment. 🙏🏼

Last edited:

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
Thank you so much for your insights. I will try to ferment some according to your instructions later in the year. When I hopefully have enough to make it worthwhile.

ganja.queen

Thank you my friend 🙏🏼

There is nothing like homegrown true tobacco. I just had an evening pipeful and it was so smooth and tasty with a fantastic energy 🤩 If you are interested in growing some I will be harvesting seeds soon 😊
Very generous of you! I'd never considered it, but now I'm intrigued

Latest posts

Latest posts