What's new

Autoflowering lines based on Auto Zamaldelica

paisajedehierba

Indoor pollination. The selected Autoflowering GT 80 F2 males and females seem to be completely sexually stable. The F3 offspring should provide mainly Malawi and Thai dominant pheno types. It would be great if only Thai dominant and additionally only Malawian dominant females and males could be crossed in F3, so that in F4 there would be two semi-stabilized lines in this regard. So much for my wishful thinking.

The Thai dom autoflowering Lady also received some pollen on lower branches by using a brush. I hope once more that the seeds will get ripe. I allready harvested viable seeds from an auto MA x NL plant in mid July.

Dubi's and ACE breeding work and the precise descriptions in the ACE catalog ... and also many very informative ICMAG threads on the individual ACE strains together make these funny mind games and the implementation attempts of the same possible for me. Thanks very much.

Attachments

• P1030122.JPG
    P1030122.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 64
  • P1020963.JPG
    P1020963.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 70
  • P1020966.JPG
    P1020966.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 63
  • P1030113.JPG
    P1030113.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • P1030114.JPG
    P1030114.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • P1030118.JPG
    P1030118.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 65
  • P1030121.JPG
    P1030121.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Arnold.

The project seems to be right on track! Looking good.

A mistake I made in the past is removing the males too late. You then end up with a lot of seeds, some of which immature, and only a little bit left for smoke testing. And even the smoke testing is not too representative because the plants ripe much different when (fully) pollinated.

Now I value the possibility to smoke test much higher than the amount of seeds because in the end a 100 seeds will go a long way. And a badly selected parent can cost you one or more generations of time and effort.

paisajedehierba

You're right Arnold, testing the herb is actually important. For me, it's the other way around with (AutoZam x GT 3) x ZamA75. I still smoke it and like it very much, but now I had bad luck with the reproduction (no sexually firm male) and there are only nine F2 seeds left and no F1 seeds. This is not enough to create a fully automatic, sativa dominant and sexually stable F3 line.
With GT 80 F2, I diversify the risk that low testing entails by selecting the three most vital and sativa-dominant looking females with characteristic aromas on the fingers when you rub the stem. In the previous breeding steps, only plants with a ruderalis look were not satisfactory with regard to the high. The rest was good to very good, representing the parent lines. I can't imagine that the Thai-looking female outdoors doesn't get a nice high. Let's see!

paisajedehierba

GT 80 (F2), pictures taken 2023-08-23. The automatic flowering plant has developed spicy/woody smells. Resin production and flowering speed are good. The other three plants are also females but only one is semi autoflowering. The other two have photo periodic behavior. The height varies between 1,9m and 2,2m. The thai leaning girl has the Malawi resinous scent with lemony hints when rubbing the steams. The others smell oily/resinous and with floral notes.

Attachments

• P1040236.JPG
    P1040236.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
  • P1040222.JPG
    P1040222.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 79
  • P1040169.JPG
    P1040169.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 67
  • P1040198.JPG
    P1040198.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 59
  • P1040195.JPG
    P1040195.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 70
  • P1040194.JPG
    P1040194.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
  • P1040193.JPG
    P1040193.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
  • P1040192.JPG
    P1040192.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 55
  • P1040191.JPG
    P1040191.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 59

paisajedehierba

Wild animals ran over the GT 80 autoflowering girl. It hung over strongly, but didn't touch the ground, didn't snap off. It's provisionally set up again. The flowers swell vigorously and the spicy-floral scent can be smelled a few meters away. The two tall plants (seemingly Malawi and Thai dominant) are 250cm/98.42inch and 210cm/82.67inch in height. I'd say they've been blooming for about 10 days, so the first pistils are just beginning to appear on the branches. Pictures taken today, 2023-08-29.

Attachments

• P1040330.JPG
    P1040330.JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 69
  • P1040322.JPG
    P1040322.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 54
  • P1040303.JPG
    P1040303.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 61
  • P1040298.JPG
    P1040298.JPG
    9.4 MB · Views: 62
  • P1040291.JPG
    P1040291.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 87
  • P1040286.JPG
    P1040286.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
  • P1040285.JPG
    P1040285.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 61
  • P1040284.JPG
    P1040284.JPG
    9.3 MB · Views: 63

Lebanizer

@Odiferous Menace thanks for introducing me to flash seeds man ! You and I are on the same quest and it's totally cool to have an auto breeder that makes reg autos what's more based on RSC genetics :love: :love: !!! I just grabbed some beans from them for my auto projects.

paisajedehierba

Autoflowering GT 80% (F2), day 89 from seed, pictures from yesterday. About a week until harvest. I was not in town 8 days. Weather was hot and dry. The older leaves have clearly yellowed. The smells are intense and quite spicy, not citrusy or resinous. If I interpret the GT2 and GT3 catalog descriptions correctly, "spicy" can be assigned to the Thai side.

Attachments

• P1040526.JPG
    P1040526.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • P1040499.JPG
    P1040499.JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 74
  • P1040497.JPG
    P1040497.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 62
  • P1040495.JPG
    P1040495.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
  • P1040488.JPG
    P1040488.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 61
  • P1040487.JPG
    P1040487.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
  • P1040486.JPG
    P1040486.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 69
  • P1040485.JPG
    P1040485.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 70
  • P1040484.JPG
    P1040484.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 61

Arnold.

He Paisa

hope you are doing well and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Did you end up smoking testing a few of these yet?

I have a autoC99 x PuntoRojo F3 which was harvested on the early side that is promising. The report is still preliminary, but the three times I tried her she enhanced the mood like a nice PuntoRojo can and faded away very very gently. Got plenty of seeds with her to dig into if these first impressions hold true.

Cheers!

paisajedehierba

Hello Arnold,
Thanks for asking. I'm pleased that you are on the right track with AutoC99 x PuntoRojo F3. It's a nice and reassuring feeling to know that you have good, home-grown grass in your jar and also seeds from it. Persistence pays off when you start working with autoflowering strains.

The GT 80 flowers have been in the jars for about 2 months and have a beautifully spicy scent, which is also accompanied by citrus notes. GT 80 weed is as strong as Auto Zamaldelica is for me. It is very energetic and won't let you sleep for hours if you smoke it late in the evening. After smoking 0.25g it already has a considerable psychedelic depth. I hope a little bit that the energetic side will become a little less pronounced (rounder) after a few month more in jar. I'll upload a few pictures of the final product next time.

Even though it may sound strange, I am very grateful to breeders like Dubi for making this kind of self-help and learning path possible.

PapaThai

Very nice project and with great outcome!

I dedicated 8-9 years in automation of a Dutch Haze (Dutch Passion) clone I have had since then.
8 generations of backcrossing to the clone (plus the intermediate 8 generations if mating two "photo x auto" from the last backcross). I consider my project successfully finished - almost: As a last step I want to make feminized seeds from the last auto generation.
But there's one drawback: I started with a suboptimal Autoflower, which was a bonus seed then. And it was the first auto seed I ever had. It was a Gnomo Automatica (Kannabia) and its genetic starts flowering already after 18-21 days. So the plants are still very small. The largest plants reach 70-80cm. But average is around 30-40cm.

My next project is about automatization of Ace's Honduras and I'm surely not going to base it on any of my auto lines derived from the Gnomo.

Sounds like Auto Zamaldelica is a solid base to start with. On the other hand I have Wild Thailand Ryder (WOS) seeds already, which is supposed to grow up to 1,50m and start flowering after 4-5 weeks. I'll try this next year and pollinate it a with regular photo Wild Thai. Should be a way shorter project ;)
If this fits my needs I might stay with it as a base for the Honduras project and maybe as well for an autoflower version of Ace's "Thai reg.".
But maybe Dubi will be faster, which would save me a lot of work ;)

My target is a mold resistant sativa of clean effect that can grow outdoors on a balcony (heading south) from beginning of (may/)june to end of september, so around (150) 120 days max., on 50N.
If necessary with some additional indoor light hours during her first few weeks.

Long story short:
In my opinion the choice of the autoflower you base your project on is absolutely essential. If you start with an auto that has only a short veg phase you will never get rid of this. No matter what photo strains you outcross it with.

@paisajedehierba , have you also made experiences with other autoflower genetics as a base for your breeding projects before using the auto zamaldelica?

paisajedehierba

Hi Papa Thai,
yes, I have started with Muay Thai (Flash seeds) in Order to get a autoflowering line by crossing it with Aurora indica (Nirvana). In F1 the results were very good, I found some large sativa dom plants (>3m) wiht a nice Thai/Afghan mix, which was my ideal at that time. In F2, with +/- every forth plant autoflowering, I would find something good. I found a girl, that was very sativa looking, very thin leafs, large but +/- columnar growth, with a very long and fat cola main cola, sweet and spicy smell. Everything seemed to go in the right direction. But a few weeks after harvest, I realized, that I had a high CBD, low THC chemotype in my jars (the harvest was very big). Greetings from the Cannabis ruderalis genetics, that I had flushed to the chemotypic surface in the F2 generation had arrived.
This was followed by a trial with a cross of Flash seeds “ACE” (a Haze-Amnesia polyhybrid, based on Lowryder2 autoflowering genes, not feminized), dusted in Muay Thai (autoflowering genes from a tall Eastern European ruderalis). The germination results were not good and I had the uneasy feeling that due to the two different ruderalis strains, a ruderalis chemotype would always end up in my jars. That was many years ago. And as I could only ever grow a few individuals outside, it wasn't a good match.

Arnold.

On the other hand I have Wild Thailand Ryder (WOS) seeds already, which is supposed to grow up to 1,50m and start flowering after 4-5 weeks.
I've grown quite a few of them outdoors and they acted like a normal autoflower to me: knee to hip hight, aprox 90 days total outdoors (would be 70 indoors), hybrid high more towards indica I would say.

NightOwl has a regular autoZamaldelica cross, I do not know if you will find those still, but maybe someone offers F2's on strainly or so.

My advice would be to be perfectly happy with the equatorial high you want to work to autoflower before investing a lot of time in it. For that reason I prefer to work with a mother equatorial and pollen from the auto or the early.

paisajedehierba

Hi Arnold,
yes, outside there are two plants left at the moment. I had 3x Purple Zamal x Erdpurt, all went male ... two were fast semiautoflowering. The second was a already a large bush 2,4m height. But turned also out to be male. An attempt to grow 3x GT 80 (F3 auto) failed, because of hungry snails. Now I enjoy to occasionally visit one Zamal Bliss fem (already in early flowring stage, height 2,5m) and a Nirvana Hawaii Maui autoflowering girl. The nirvana seeds are old ... the one that did it, is surrogate for the Golden Tiger 80% auto plants. She has to manage the bites of many hungry grashoppers this season. Pictures from 2024-08-06.

Attachments

• Zamal Bliss_earliest flowering stage.JPG
    Zamal Bliss_earliest flowering stage.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • Hawaii Maui auto_bud_day 70 from seed.JPG
    Hawaii Maui auto_bud_day 70 from seed.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Hawaii Maui auto_height 1,0m.JPG
    Hawaii Maui auto_height 1,0m.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Zamal Bliss_height 2,5m.JPG
    Zamal Bliss_height 2,5m.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

paisajedehierba

F1-Hybrid between Purple Zamal x A5 (very large, PZam leaning orange smelling pheno) and Golden Tiger 80% (F2 auto male, seemingly more Malawi dom.).
It´s a summer grow in cellar. High humidty all the time, still no dehumidifier. Tempurature between 25°C and 30°C. Week 18 of flowering ... very delayed. I expected 12 or 14 weeks. Some parts of the buds are already getting brownish, because the (F2) seeds are ripe ... uneven ripening. But most parts of the flowers are still throwing new white pistils ( 3. reflowering). Some flowers are extremely foxtailing.
The autumn grow will be F2 generation of this cross ... every forth plant autoflowering ... with the seeds from the favorite mother. Some smoke tests will show plant it is.

Attachments

• pheno 1_one partially seeded_flowering week 18.JPG
    pheno 1_one partially seeded_flowering week 18.JPG
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 21
  • pheno 1_resin.JPG
    pheno 1_resin.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 20
  • pheno 2.JPG
    pheno 2.JPG
    737.1 KB · Views: 19
  • pheno 2_bud structure.JPG
    pheno 2_bud structure.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  • pheno 3.JPG
    pheno 3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • pheno 3_bud.JPG
    pheno 3_bud.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 26
  • whole tent with (left to right) large pheno 3, spicy-sweet smelling phneo 2 and floral-grapfru...JPG
    whole tent with (left to right) large pheno 3, spicy-sweet smelling phneo 2 and floral-grapfru...JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Pheno 1_floral-grapefruit smelling.JPG
    Pheno 1_floral-grapefruit smelling.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
yummy colas:canabis:. I may be more addicted to growing and breeding than to smoking weed. I can´t wait the next breeding step.
Well that seems to match very well.
I like both and would gladly help you out: you do your breeding and growing magic and I take care of the resulting buds...

How does that sound?

😁😜
All the best!

Maria Sanchez

This auto project just gets better and better!
18 weeks is a while, but suggests that you're really keeping the sativa phenos, with little effect from the autos on flowering length.

paisajedehierba

Hi Maria Sanchez,
thank you for your comment.
I'm more and more happy this F1 grow works like. The line (PZam x A5) x GT 80 has hardly shown any ruderalis characteristics in the 8 plants I have seen so far. The three selected here were the ones with the longest pistils in the early flowering stage, which reminded me of the PZam-dominant mother. I could not assign the only male plant in this regard. But habitually, everything was quite sativa-dominant with long inflorescences. I have not had such a clear sativa dominance in any of my autoflowering lines so far.

Latest posts

Latest posts