What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there was a company using the name new zealand in their strain descriptions ,
i doubted they were from nz though ,
more likely just using a far off name to attract attention ...

Yep, could be not from NZ at all and I was thinking the same about exotic hype, but then I discovered nobody heard about it before and it really is a keeper, smelly like an exodus cheese and as good as many other elite clones. I'm really sorry to don't know the lineage, I'll keep searching, is somebody will have some news please pm me, I will appreciate it a lot, thanks :)

:wave:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
rod58 and nordie and I have discussed vegemite on this thread a fair number of times..

Another Aussie I know, (who is not on icmag) recently told me that you can tell what type of man a guy is, just by knowing how he spreads his vegemite on toast...

I made this meme to show what he told me...

Attachments

• Vegemite 1.jpg
    Vegemite 1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 24

Dr Watt

Who What
Making Money

Making Money

Possibly more accurate

View Image

Yeh, funny.

Ok fools. This thread is so active my last post is a number of pages back. So I show you the then and now, .... now >

Yeh, so there are four Peyote Criticals -
#4 is massive, heavy ready in 7 take it to 8.5
#3 is a sativa with no smell, stretchy but heavy bud
#2 AK48 is back ! Less messy, tight nugs, yeh same same ak48 pine smell and the strongest for this scent which has now lessened
#1 One frosty Girl bit later than others (except #3sativa) - the described coffe flavour could be in this one and the Sativa pheno.

In the foreground agains tthe wall is PPP Indica & Pineapple - PPP moves late from 7 wks ..... for me...... takes a bit of getting used to on the nutrient front. Pedigreee plant.

So all in all the tray is progressing normal good. The peyoted critical puts is ready by 7wks if you wanted .....

ps Regarding LED's a show by Growmau5 utube working with Cree cobs is informative - and he settled on 3850K spectrum for memory - which is quite white - I'll stick with a Ballast Reflector Hanger $70worthofGlobes for $100

:tree:

Pumpkin

Veteran
Been real busy... maybe I am a bit behind on this LED stuff. Maybe I am a bit of a Luddite. Might pick one up and give it a go over winter. Are there many commercial grows in legal US stated that use LEDs? I don't assume I know anything. But I like to use proven technology. I'm an optimist in most parts of my life, but when it comes to gardening I am a pessimist, and like to reduce risk as much as possible. So my advice only comes from that perspective. It's sometimes better the devil you know. I do think lighting choice depends a lot on your desired outcome, and you have to take in consideration your constraints, your budget, your space, your ongoing costs etc. And those constraints are not the same for everyone.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Your land looks beautiful Donald. Glad you are getting through the weather alright. Do you have any good strategies with mould? How much of an infestation do you need before you call harvest? Bud rot is pretty new to me, and I am not sure if I panicked too much. But I have a harvest, so I'm happy anyway. I think I did the right thing, but maybe I was overly anxious also.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Your land looks beautiful Donald. Glad you are getting through the weather alright. Do you have any good strategies with mould? How much of an infestation do you need before you call harvest? Bud rot is pretty new to me, and I am not sure if I panicked too much. But I have a harvest, so I'm happy anyway. I think I did the right thing, but maybe I was overly anxious also.
thanks pumpkin,

there were quite a few casualties with the weather ,
but some made it through ...

for mold i just follow the usual methods to avoid it ,
open area with lots of airflow , keep the plants away from the ground ,, raised beds , etc etc

and i spray regular for caterpillars and bugs ,

my land is fairly open and high up on a mountain , so the mold is less than if i was in the valley near the rainforest ...

in the jungle where i used to grow , this year would have been a total fail ...

ozzieAI

Veteran
Can anybody recommend an LED light, I don't care what price, it's for a 60x60x160 tent?

I am hoping the seller accepts my offer on this;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHYTOMA...-GROW-TENTS-ROOMS-GROWING-PLANTS/112449465346
It has UV and IR.

are you talking cm not inches for that tent size, if so that light is way to much...and very expensive...

this is a much better option: https://www.cutter.com.au/product/mau5-cree-cxb3590-4-up-modules-with-led-driver/

or this: https://www.cutter.com.au/product/solskin-thin-skin-kit/

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
NEWS FLASH GENTLEMEN

ANZ BANK OF AUSTRALIA (1 OF THE 'BIG FOUR' BANKS) WILL NOT ALLOW INTERNATIONAL PMTS TO UNO TIGRE.

THIS ISN'T A CREDIT CARD THIS IS A FUCKING BANK !

Ok, so get Bitcoin. Well, bitcoin is a criminal shortlist, and no information on it is unavailable to CIA ASIO and other bodies that police economic action. Not likely you get busted by Bitcoin , "busted by bitcoin" quite catchy, but with a few other fields, like criminal convictions, anything it could get to something - unlikely and possibly not worth considering unless you're big com.

I tried to get bitcoin. I found the process a joke of authentication and then I couldn't GET BITCOIN easily, like I had to buy it twice, and pay from my bank account which is maybe the only evidence they need.

Ok. So I'm probably not getting auto for always cold winter here, i've determined that lights are cheaper heat for plants than an air heater and of course your plants are growing as well (even if it isn't cheaper).

Ok. I have another account with Westpac Australia (also top 4 bank) - their mastercard has worked with Seedsman... so maybe just 4 day delay for my order ..... I'll transfer funds now wait 3 days plus weekend ! so 5 days then pay Seedsman.

Chow for now

Dr Watt

ps whilst visa blocks the other cc was accepted - so i didn't even have to pay an extra $15 for international transfer. Visa block started this up i recks :joint:

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
thanks pumpkin,

my land is fairly open and high up on a mountain , so the mold is less than if i was in the valley near the rainforest ...

in the jungle where i used to grow , this year would have been a total fail ...

yeah...i am next to the rainforest in a valley....

Dr Watt

Who What
Power and Road from the Main Drag

Power and Road from the Main Drag

one good thing about Oz is the 1000 x K's of vacant (soulfree, ha ha) white sand beaches :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.