What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac_AU

Does 2 grams at a time no problem.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Brother Nature

Woo hoo!
woohoo.gif

Just found out I've got a plot for the summer. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will be outdoors, in pots and have only got to contribute a small portion of the harvest to the owner, as long as I help with their grow too.

Pretty happy, been a while since I can grow and all the possibilities are overwhelming now.

Been storing some China Yunnan and Panama x DC seeds I've really been wanting to see outdoors, plus a few Jack Herrer's I've been saving for that special occasion.

I definitely want to do organic, but may be a little hard in containers. Was thinking about doing a bio-char based soil mix but am open to suggestions from those of you who know a bit more. If any other kiwis have some suggestions regarding environment, petst, etc.. I'd be more than happy to hear, have only done a couple bush grows outdoor previously and welcome and suggestions to make this year a good one.

Anyways, hope all your guys season is getting off to a stellar start.:tiphat:

T

Teddybrae

Mr Nature, there shouldn't be a problem doing organic but you might be running out of time to prepare the soil. What sort of soil is available to you? I mean soil soil. The stuff we walk on in the bush or in the garden.

Rumblefish posted in the Aust/NZ Organic thread about using a commercial potting mix and amending it with "Dynamic Lifter". (chook shit pellets...is that product in your country?) Should be easy to find his post as there is not much action in that thread.

Listen, you may know more about the subject than I do, but make sure you have firm boundaries in place when you have partners. My last partner went around fertilising things without telling me. not only did he NOT know a bloody thing about fertilisers, he didn't tell me what he'd done and the plants got fertilised twice! I grew garlic with a partner once and he would water and unknowingly later on I would water and the garlic died!!!

good luck!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Woo hoo! View Image

Just found out I've got a plot for the summer. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will be outdoors, in pots and have only got to contribute a small portion of the harvest to the owner, as long as I help with their grow too.

Pretty happy, been a while since I can grow and all the possibilities are overwhelming now.

Been storing some China Yunnan and Panama x DC seeds I've really been wanting to see outdoors, plus a few Jack Herrer's I've been saving for that special occasion.

I definitely want to do organic, but may be a little hard in containers. Was thinking about doing a bio-char based soil mix but am open to suggestions from those of you who know a bit more. If any other kiwis have some suggestions regarding environment, petst, etc.. I'd be more than happy to hear, have only done a couple bush grows outdoor previously and welcome and suggestions to make this year a good one.

Anyways, hope all your guys season is getting off to a stellar start.:tiphat:
cant see a problem doing pots organic as long as they are large enough for the plant , pots are nice in some ways because you can control the nutrients easier .. it does restrict the size of the plant to the size of the pot a bit ,

but theres plenty of pics on here of plants in pots that look almost as good as you can get ...

just make sure you have a nicely aerated mix so the soil doesnt compact and the roots have freedom to grow ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Mr Nature, there shouldn't be a problem doing organic but you might be running out of time to prepare the soil. What sort of soil is available to you? I mean soil soil. The stuff we walk on in the bush or in the garden.

Rumblefish posted in the Aust/NZ Organic thread about using a commercial potting mix and amending it with "Dynamic Lifter". (chook shit pellets...is that product in your country?) Should be easy to find his post as there is not much action in that thread.

Listen, you may know more about the subject than I do, but make sure you have firm boundaries in place when you have partners. My last partner went around fertilising things without telling me. not only did he NOT know a bloody thing about fertilisers, he didn't tell me what he'd done and the plants got fertilised twice! I grew garlic with a partner once and he would water and unknowingly later on I would water and the garlic died!!!

good luck!
sounds like you could have just sat back and enjoyed teddy ,
the guys that ive had work for me always needed to be told stuff , never did anything on their own steam ,
was a little frustrating actually ,,
funny i see when they work for themselves ,
as they do now , their input is so much larger ,, go figure , hehehehe ...

Brother Nature

Hey Teddy, I'll likely have to go the potting mix with amendments route this time, but at least once it's done I can recycle that into my veggie garden. Been doing a fair bit of research on whats available here now and am pretty confident I can build myself a good mix with local ingredients. As for the other people, they're actually family so I'm rather lucky there. I'm very pedantic when it comes to my grows (or doing anything I actually enjoy) so I think other people would find it hard to work with me, I expect of others what I expect of myself. I don't even like other people trimming with me as most don't care as much. I've heard some horror stories of people working with partners and it's put me off for sure, but they've been doing this for a long time and have grown some of the best stuff I've come across over here so my hopes are high. Basically I'll be given space and then have to handle it all on my own until harvest, which i think is the best way to do it personally.

Thanks Don, was thinking the pots would be a good way to get a feel for the outdoors and if I muck up my mix at least I've got the room for bottled nutes. 50ltr pots seem like a good way to go and I can always transplant if they get too big and lets hope they do.

insomniac_AU

I was just reading a news article about drug use in Australia. Apparently we are the highest consumers of methylamphetamine in the English speaking world. Only Slovakians use more. This led me to the National Wastewater Drug Monitoring Program report. It's clear we have some serious issues with Ice, Oxycodone and Fentanyl.
Interestingly they didn't even bother to test for cannabis that I can see. Report here..
https://acic.govcms.gov.au/sites/g/files/net3726/f/nwdmp4.pdf?v=1522809564

hoki2test

Veteran
throw another purple on the barbie

throw another purple on the barbie

G,Day Blokes.....throw another purple on the barbie....my Dingoe ate this baby!
picture.php

insomniac_AU

That looks lovely! and it's a beautiful day here today. :)
I was also just noticing how peaceful it is in ICmag without political arguments.

hoki2test

Veteran
I dont do politics

I dont do politics

That looks lovely! and it's a beautiful day here today. :)
I was also just noticing how peaceful it is in ICmag without political arguments.

I dont do politics,Relationships or Drama bro....I just do me and Miss Palmer lol

hoki2test

Veteran
HONEY BEES

HONEY BEES

SOME OF THEM ARE MORE STICKIER THAN A HONEY BEES ARSEHOLE BLOKE!.....i just made this sayying up in my head while stoned ON WEED and totally off chops.....IM GENIUS!!
picture.php

Last edited:
T

Teddybrae

I reckon you must be a Commo saying stuff like that about Politics!

Only commo mexicans claim their Footy team is better than others! (Ha Ha you gave away where you live. Only Victorians are so crazy about Footy!)

But on a serious note:

Heard on ABC Breakfast this morn that the stats show that after New Year, Grand Final night has more Domestic Violence incidents than any other time. (I think that's called 'acting out'.)

cheers All ...

insomniac_AU

Guilty as charged. I'm not that much of a footy fan. I've gone seasons without watching a single game. I have followed Richmond since 79 though.

Yeah sadly I'd say the coppers will be busy tonight if Collingwood lose. BTW go Eagles! I support anyone playing Collingwood. :biggrin:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
But on a serious note:

Heard on ABC Breakfast this morn that the stats show that after New Year, Grand Final night has more Domestic Violence incidents than any other time. (I think that's called 'acting out'.)

cheers All ...

G `day TB

Who woulda known watching football would stir the women up so much ? :biggrin:

Thanks for sharin

EB .

rod58

haha , yeah go westcoast !!

we knew we'd dominate .. not a footy fan at all too insomniac but loyalty takes hold sometimes lol..plus i had prawns , oysters and beer ..:biggrin:
that'd make anyone joyous !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts