What's new

Any "clone only" strains in Canada

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Thanks ashin,

Well, i hope you'll enjoy azad as we enjoy it!

If i have to choose over one strain to smoke for the rest of my life, it's def "azad" .. Dreamy hp with the perfect balance of body stone, and high!

The only one bad thing bout her, is her taste!

The most common pheno have that some kind of garlic smell/taste. (not my cup of tea)

A

Ashin Kusher

Right on @MisterD,

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated! I'm looking forward to running them soon.

Peace

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Candy jack .. 30 days!

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

circa 1998 , Spice of Life Seeds (breeder steve) - Shishkaberry F1
just about to harvest her in the greenhouse, pic was a few days ago.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Thanx man ;)
I think she could have filled out and faded out a bit more but the overnight temps here the past week have basically stalled them out. The fan leaf tips are "just" starting to purple but can't really see in the pics. Can't complain about the trichome expression and I am seeing about 15% amber in the resin heads. I'm real happy I popped these beans back if march, been holding them for so long LOL. Actually didn't even know I still had them for probably 10 years or more. Anyhow, hopefully the cuts I sent out to some good friends (offline) will make their way around the Vancouver scene again..... be cool to see ;)

PARADOX

im rocking the old school grapefruit cut from breeder steves camp... finicky plant in veg but how i love her come late flower.

A

Ashin Kusher

Those ladies stacking hard in that pic Tom, super nice!

MisterD That Candy Jack looks lovely bro, How she smelling now?

So nobody is interested in a "Currently Smoking/Bud shot" type of thread? Or maybe a maybe a "Post yer Latest and Greatest" Thread, anybody??

Come on guys:biggrin:

Genes

TT if you feel like spreading it around to some humble Canadian medical gardeners - I know some oldtimers who pine dearly for shiska of the old days. Some hold it in as high regard as old thai stick and Acapulco gold! Working on my PM ability with the post count. I have a pack of blockhead f1s kicking around to try and see if I can bring her back with some good open pollination in the future.

Tynehead Tom

site rules do prevent me from offering beans up for folks unfortunately.
We'll see what happens in the future, my Shiskaberry has garnered a lot more interest than one might think hehehe (well, breeder's steve's shiskaberry but ya'all know what I mean)
I tried to select as much old school in the beans I popped of Ustad's shiskaberry 3 f2. The male I used was super fast and reeked of that unique shiskaberry odour. Hitting the female shiskaberry F1 (shown here) , I've called the offspring Shiskabah.
I'll make F2's of Shiskabah, then select for wide leaf , structure and smells again and hit both my Shiskaberry F1 and Shiskaberry 3 f2 female which is a lower yielder but super potent and frosty and has ALL the old school smells and tastes.
Shiskaberry F1 has the structure, bud development and potency of the afghan side but still is influenced by DJ's blueberry in its odor and taste. It's not blueberry tho it tastes and smells almost like ripe wild honeysuckle with a smidge of citrus/mango funk. Very nice smoke.

anyhow this is a clone only thread and I'm rambling on about shiskaberry again LOL

Genes

No worries Tom as I certainly do not try to stir the pot. I love hearing about phenos and plans for crosses :) I had a friend grow out some ustad shishkaberry. I have to admit, it was quite a disappointment and I wish you much more success than I saw!

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Candy jack .. 40 days

picture.php

picture.php

Not super impress by her yield ... but i gonna put the blame on the method!

Next time, less vegetation with smaller pot. And more plant per sqm!

Hope she smoke top notch!

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Btw, i hope somewhere this winter i'll be able to put cpls cut of the SD riri cut in my usual run!

mazar_man

Anyone recognize this one? Was given to me from a pretty heavy crew in Van as Purple Kush with small chance it is a mislabeled Green Crack. Not familiar with Green Crack but never noticed this kind of unique bud structure in the purple kush nugs I have scored over the years. Bomb looking cut regardless.

plantbuilder

the pk will yellow out at the end and the gc will go dark (hence it often getting mislabled pk)
pk with the linalool/lavender / slight synthetic grapey tinge, and the gc with the earthy, kushy funk
both are pm magnets, and will likely harbour intracellular fungi, the gc being more resistant
both are related, bc kush variants emerging around 2002-03 in bc (likely arjan's mk)
what you have there is a pk cut, some cuts do that for sure, with upward-facing bracts
I cut both varieties from '05 - '10, funny to see them still mixed-up together
nice to see you as always, mazar man, hth

mazar_man

Awesome info, thanks J! PK was the one I wanted, I love that narcotic lavender stuff.. nods me out think I may be the only person that still likes her. PM was/is a big concern on this one for me as I heard it was a magnet but so far so good, we don't usually get hit hard out east like you guys though. I have actually only had PM once in 23 yrs of growing and that was outside in a swamp.

Good to see you again btw! Had a good laugh hearing that you thought the lady I was with was my partner.. lol.. for the record she is as dyke as you get and my wife is way hotter (no offense to my dyke friend)! Gave us both a good laugh though so thanks! Thanks for stopping by, need to get that post count up though, th PB I remember must have been in the thousands back on CW.