What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
this is how false truths spread

that article is propaganda

it amazes me in this day and age that the masses don't see when they are being manipulated

I wouldn't doubt that blog spot is that of a Russian propagandist

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
this is how false truths spread

that article is propoganda

Hmmm....interesting assumption Weird.

Can you tell me how and why that article is as you so state?

*take it apart piece by piece, and show us how it is false/un-true etc.

...it should lead to an interesting debate.

CaptainDankness

View Image

War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
Benjamin Franklin

*I have already posted this in my great quotes thread in the tokers den, so don't you lot start accusing me of spamming Benjamin Franklin....lol

.....and judging by Ben's reasoning.....you are LONG OVERDUE AMERICA!

Long overdue for sure, just too few people are willing to fight. Probably because our cops alone have too much power, they sent a robot with a bomb to kill a cop killer.

Then of course the drones will come out, we can win but the people are scared and divided. We have communists on one side, Patriots on the other and liberals and conservatives. Only the Patriots want freedom but they will make us look like terrorists on main stream media.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Of course we are basically at WW3.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Hmmm....interesting assumption Weird.

Can you tell me how and why that article is as you so state?

*take it apart piece by piece, and show us how it is false/un-true etc.

...it should lead to an interesting debate.
From the pointed agenda to the language used to craft it to the blog users name.

Really speaks to the heart doesn't it.

I could manipulate people all day long if I didn't have integrity to do otherwise but I have used that type of manipulation to make a point here. It is easy to strum the heartstrings and push buttons when you understand the human condition succinctly enough.

Trump is doing a major cash grab and using common propaganda techniques to keep the country divided and disrupted while he helps a generation of old money cash out on the petro dollar at the expense of 100ks of lives.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Long overdue for sure, just too few people are willing to fight. Probably because our cops alone have too much power, they sent a robot with a bomb to kill a cop killer.

Then of course the drones will come out, we can win but the people are scared and divided. We have communists on one side, Patriots on the other and liberals and conservatives. Only the Patriots want freedom but they will make us look like terrorists on main stream media.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Of course we are basically at WW3.

baby boomers let it happen when they dropped out and tuned into themselves and let the corporate lobby and political self interest take over the government.

if people put the same effort into voting that they did bitching online things might not be where they are right now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
From the pointed agenda to the language used to craft it to the blog users name.

Really speaks to the heart doesn't it.

I could manipulate people all day long if I didn't have integrity to do otherwise but I have used that type of manipulation to make a point here. It is easy to strum the heartstrings and push buttons when you understand the human condition succinctly enough.

Trump is doing a major cash grab and using common propaganda techniques to keep the country divided and disrupted while he helps a generation of old money cash out on the petro dollar at the expense of 100ks of lives.

Never mind what the POTUS is doing. What I wanted to get at was whether or not that article is a bunch of lies, or had any truth in it.

Is it factual?...Since I am not an American and not any part of the political process over there....I remain completely neutral, but wish to understand what is American freedom, and how the system of government works over there.

geneva_sativa

Veteran
Just perusing around the internet and I found this interesting article about America, so it seems apt to stick it in this thread:

From PowerLine Blog:

ARE THE DEMOCRATS FIGHTING A CIVIL WAR?

That is the provocative hypothesis put forward by Danial Greenfield at Sultan Knish. On its face it sounds hyperbolic, but Greenfield makes a rather sober case. You should read it all, but this will give you some of the flavor:

How do civil wars happen?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that. But it’s not the first time they’ve done this.
The first time a Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern here.

What do sure odds of the Dems rejecting the next Republican president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any election that they don’t win.
It means they don’t believe that transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.

There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement.

You can hate the other party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.
Your very own dictatorship.
The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to the left, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s inherently illegitimate.

Greenfield argues that a “network” of leftists believe they are entitled to run the country, no matter what the voters think, and, in fact, they pretty much do:

The left lost Congress. They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats.

Every time that a Federal judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.
Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not the system that runs this country.

The left’s system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.

If it’s in the White House, then the president can do anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is unlimited.
He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented.

A Democrat in the White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to reverse him.
That’s how the game is played. That’s how our country is run.

Sad but true, although the left hasn’t yet won that particular fight.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws.

Under Obama, a state wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.
Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land.

This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Greenfield argues that Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding:

Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club.
And Trump isn’t in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with him.

Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It’s not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn’t supposed to win, won.

We’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer government and leftist professional government.

more here:

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/201...olina-tea.html

It is interesting to see how Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas all cozy like and seem united in opposition to Trump

But obviously Dems and Republicans both have plenty of detestable members among their ranks

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I tend to agree with those who know everyone is important.

I tend to disagree with those who think some are better than others.

Gry

Veteran
Gypsy you do not sound neutral.
I would not be neutral had the US done to me and my family, what they did to you and yours.
The differences between people are mostly moral.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy you do not sound neutral.
I would not be neutral had the US done to me and my family, what they did to you and yours.
The differences between people are mostly moral.

....Yes, in may respects you are right Gry, but I refuse to give way to hate and all the nasty feelings that come with it. Hate corrodes my psyche, and I don't blame the American people, in fact I can sympathize with many of them who have been targets of the draconian cannabis laws that have ruined so many lives due to the federal government. So many innocent cannabis enthusiasts have had a much worse of a time being persecuted than I......well so far.

* The noblest question in the world is: 'What good may I do in it?'
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
Before a time I read the autobiography of Carl Schurz, a very interesting life and character. The history of german imigration to the USA is something where I am interested since I was a teenager.

“I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves ... too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: "Our country, right or wrong!" They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: "Our country - when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.”
-- Carl Schurz

Gry

Veteran
Your moral compass may be stronger than mine.
I wish you and yours the very best.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Before a time I read the autobiography of Carl Schurz, a very interesting life and character. The history of german imigration to the USA is something where I am interested since I was a teenager.

“I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves ... too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: "Our country, right or wrong!" They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: "Our country - when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.”
-- Carl Schurz

i wish that i was as confident as Schurz was about the capabilities of the average americans BS detector. it looks as if too many of us only yell "BS!" if it is not a self-confirming bias. too many folks believe ANY theory about crisis actors/victims etc if they are from far right, and gladly clutch to their chests anything horrible said about the GOP if they dwell in the netherworld of the far left. quick on the draw to believe the worst, slow as stink coming off of cat shit to admit it was all a con. "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel..."

Hermanthegerman

peri alypias
Veteran
The people forget the golden rule, always to hear booth sides and judge after that. It´s the same in Germany or Europe. Times getting rougher worldwide.

Cannavore

Veteran
Just perusing around the internet and I found this interesting article about America, so it seems apt to stick it in this thread:

From PowerLine Blog:

ARE THE DEMOCRATS FIGHTING A CIVIL WAR?

That is the provocative hypothesis put forward by Danial Greenfield at Sultan Knish. On its face it sounds hyperbolic, but Greenfield makes a rather sober case. You should read it all, but this will give you some of the flavor:

How do civil wars happen?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that. But it’s not the first time they’ve done this.
The first time a Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern here.

What do sure odds of the Dems rejecting the next Republican president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any election that they don’t win.
It means they don’t believe that transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.

There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

You can hate the other party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.
Your very own dictatorship.
The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to the left, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s inherently illegitimate.

Greenfield argues that a “network” of leftists believe they are entitled to run the country, no matter what the voters think, and, in fact, they pretty much do:

The left lost Congress. They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats.

Every time that a Federal judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.
Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not the system that runs this country.

The left’s system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.

If it’s in the White House, then the president can do anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is unlimited.
He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented.

A Democrat in the White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to reverse him.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws.

Under Obama, a state wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land.

Greenfield argues that Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding:

Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club.
And Trump isn’t in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with him.

Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It’s not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn’t supposed to win, won.

We’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer government and leftist professional government.

more here:

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/201...olina-tea.html
Couple paragraphs in and its pure propaganda

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
No need to leave. The dinosaurs are dying off, the America i and just about the majority of Americans want is the future of this country.

Good to hear such positivity. What is the sort of America that you and just about the majority of Americans want Cannavore?

Pray tell, because I am VERY curious to know what the future of that great nation might be.

*can you be more specific and point out exactly what you think is wrong with that article, because I have asked Weird about it already, but just had 'Oh its just propaganda'...

Cannavore

Veteran
From PowerLine Blog:
cause we all know how truthful and accurate blogs are....

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country.
obviously

And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.
lol what?

Trump's approval rating is in the 30's.... Sounds like majority of the country didn't accept the election results. How about when the republicans blocked nearly everything Obama did. No grounds for civil war there I'm guessing because it was this guy's team doing the blocking.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election.
really? i thought it was about indicting criminals who have been proven to have committed crimes. if trump is guilty he should obviously be ousted.

We all know that. But it’s not the first time they’ve done this.
you mean when al gore won the popular vote? yeah. what a crazy idea, having the person with the most votes win. what the hell is this? a representative democracy or something?!?!

sounds exactly like the republican party, too. so what's the point here?

That’s a civil war.
civil war is the divide and conquer strategy to stop a real revolution from happening. nobody likes either party. it isn't one side vs the other... it's average americans vs the elites running the country. not russia, not internet trolls, ect.

yeah because no democrat was ever shot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

it's all a charade. where was the dissent when democrats gave trump more spying power? or gave him a larger military? they only oppose him because he's not in their club of elites.

You can hate the other party.
majority of americans hate both parties. this article is framed in such a hacky partisan way lol.

When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.
lololol

what does this even mean? the last two republican presidents LOST the popular vote. meaning votes dont matter. how is that not inherently illegitimate? how is the DNC rigging the primaries against bernie sanders not inherently illegitimate?

those "leftists" are really corporatists. they are not liberals lol. they more accurately fall in line with moderate republican ideology. being for gay marriage in 2018 doesnt make you a leftist or liberal.

this is fucking retarded. the president does not have unilateral power over the government or country.

but yeah lol. civil war!!!!!

again what does this even mean? more garbage to excite the lizard brain.

He’s a dictator.
how many executive orders has trump signed again since he took office. plz remind me lol.

probably because it's against the will of majority of americans. and is fucking stupid.

probably because it's against the will of majority of americans. and is fucking stupid.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to enforce immigration law.
again WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Obama set the record for illegal deportations. these people just say shit hoping it sticks.

But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws.
probably because their immigration laws are anti immigration and slightly bigoted.

Under Obama, a state wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission.
i love how this guy is a "writer" but keeps every thing as vague as possible. again what does this mean?

But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.
kinda like how texas kept saying they wanted to secede when obama was president? this is partisan garbage.

do you even context bro?

they haven't been in hiding for a long time now.

HOLY SHIT this guy finally said something accurate!

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election.
the fbi investigation was one of the things that costed hillary the election though. look up how many obama voters voted trump.

It’s not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It’s not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn’t supposed to win, won.
but trump and the utterly corrupt republicans are going to fix that! if you believe that, boy oh boy lmfao.

no we're not lol. both parties are the same. the republicans are not conservative and the democrats are not liberal. they are both corporatist parties with neo-fascist tendencies (especially on the right) who at the core issues of foreign policy and american imperialism for example, agree with each other. if the democrats think trump is such a threat to the country why did they vote on expanding his power?

Corporatism, also known as corporativism,[1] is the sociopolitical organization of a society by major interest groups, known as corporate groups (as well as syndicates, or guilds) such as agricultural, business, ethnic, labour, military, patronage, or scientific affiliations, on the basis of their common interests.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts