What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

America

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noyd666

picture.php
much better than a bear.

packerfan79

Veteran
Any country that doesn't offer up its children as sacrifice on the altar of second amendment wing right ideology, which is most of the rest of the world.

A few more.
Bhutan...............A nation that measures progress by a Gross National Happiness index.
Greece.
Italy
France
The Solomon’s
Fiji
Indonesia
Malaysia
Siberia :biggrin:

As polarized as America is I don't see how a gross national happiness index could be accurate. The polarization is so bad that half of America voted for a reality tv star. The other half voted for a woman who left American ambassador to die.

Mick

Veteran
As polarized as America is I don't see how a gross national happiness index could be accurate. The polarization is so bad that half of America voted for a reality tv star. The other half voted for a woman who left American ambassador to die.

The question was, "Seriously name me one better country in the world".

Bhutan is at the top of my "wish I was born there" list. It's hard enough to get a visa and no way they'd let me live there, but it's a nice day-dream anyway.
'''Travel to the Kingdom of Bhutan is highly regulated under the policy "High Value, Low Impact Tourism" in order to minimise the impact on the country's unique society and environment."""""

packerfan79

Veteran
The question was, "Seriously name me one better country in the world".

Bhutan is at the top of my "wish I was born there" list. It's hard enough to get a visa and no way they'd let me live there, but it's a nice day-dream anyway.
'''Travel to the Kingdom of Bhutan is highly regulated under the policy "High Value, Low Impact Tourism" in order to minimise the impact on the country's unique society and environment."""""

I wonder which countries will be the happiest in say 20 or 50 years, I know most countries will have to deal with the repurcusions of decades of unsound economic policy at some point. I would imagine the 3rd world countries will feel like a dream compared to the reaction to serious societal breakdown of tide pod eating, bun wearing, wienie boys we are raising now.wrstern Europe and the u.s. and Canada will be completely devoid of manhood in a generation or two.

geneva_sativa

Veteran
I have got an america question. How it is if the Police busted a grower, I mean an ordinary, working guy in the 40/50s not real criminal grower? In Germany the Police rings with an official letter and the grower let the Police in. If you are friendly or polite, I think you don´t get handcuffs. They take evidents, your Computer, check the Apartment or house, maybe and in 99% I think of all cases, you stay free. I mean a guy with 10-15 plants maybe. How it is in the states. Is it tougher if they come? I don´t think it´s always a SWAT Team?

Hey Herman,

as another pointed out each state is different. . . but it has happened too often that police kick-in the door and kill anything that moves. . . often children, and innocents. . .

coldcanna

Veteran
I have to confess I don´t really understand what you mean? All european countrys was fighting in Iraq or Syria, some with planes, the French with artillery, the brits with planes and Special Forces, the Germans help with the AVAC planes and teaching and training in Iraq kurdish militias and so on.

Your comment was sarcastically saying "where are the brave US troops", saying we abandoned the Kurds. I am just asking you, why aren't German troops stepping in to help them? or French?

Mick

Veteran
I wonder which countries will be the happiest in say 20 or 50 years, I know most countries will have to deal with the repurcusions of decades of unsound economic policy at some point. I would imagine the 3rd world countries will feel like a dream compared to the reaction to serious societal breakdown of tide pod eating, bun wearing, wienie boys we are raising now.wrstern Europe and the u.s. and Canada will be completely devoid of manhood in a generation or two.

In my part of the world, I think China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia will continue to do well, at least in the short term. 2 are communist countries and the other 2 Muslim, and they are all powering along. My guess would be that the 2 Muslim countries will prosper the longest because they still for the most part have strong family connections and values and will at least try to avoid the worst excesses of the West.

On the flip-side, Western culture seems to be suffering from death by a thousand cuts, but to me the the worst cut is how we've turned our children into capital. Leaving guns aside, if American diabetes rates keep going up the way they're projected to, in just 2 generations over 50% of American will suffer from this disease, and that's just one of many western diseases, caused by diet and lifestyle, and the rest of the world is for the most part going in the same direction. Yet we market these poisonous foods directly at our children, knowing full well the effects it will have on their health. Any culture that doesn't value its children is obviously not going to last long, nor should it. Imo one way of measuring a cultures health is by the health of its people. Who runs the machine when the people are sick and infirm? That seems to be the way we're headed.

vta

Veteran
In my part of the world, I think China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia will continue to do well, at least in the short term. 2 are communist countries and the other 2 Muslim, and they are all powering along. My guess would be that the 2 Muslim countries will prosper the longest because they still for the most part have strong family connections and values and will at least try to avoid the worst excesses of the West.

On the flip-side, Western culture seems to be suffering from death by a thousand cuts, but to me the the worst cut is how we've turned our children into capital. Leaving guns aside, if American diabetes rates keep going up the way they're projected to, in just 2 generations over 50% of American will suffer from this disease, and that's just one of many western diseases, caused by diet and lifestyle, and the rest of the world is for the most part going in the same direction. Yet we market these poisonous foods directly at our children, knowing full well the effects it will have on their health. Any culture that doesn't value its children is obviously not going to last long, nor should it. Imo one way of measuring a cultures health is by the health of its people. Who runs the machine when the people are sick and infirm? That seems to be the way we're headed.

Billions upon billions of dollars of tax payer money goes towards food stamps...the most purchased item is soda.

Otherwise...I say out of the four...pick the one that has at least freedom of speech....oh wait.

vta

Veteran
I noticed a couple of these so called better places were France and Sweden. Well..France is no3 in mass shootings...where as the US is 11th.

Sweden...well.....go have fun.

[YOUTUBEIF]iERLyAxddVE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I really don't support the islamization of Europe......
Just last night I watched a documentary on the BBC about honor killings of women.....and then perusing thru one of the UK newspapers this morning....I saw this.

Muslims burn piles of Pampers nappies and call for a ban because cartoon cat's whiskers printed on them 'look like the Arabic spelling of Mohammed'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5418129/Muslims-burn-Pampers-nappies-cartoon-cat.html

*Methinks its all about money in the end.....One of Britain's biggest exports are in the form of weapons/arms/war-planes to islamic countries, so the 'common' people are being forced to accept this barbaric/archaic ideology, for the sake of billions of pounds going into the accounts of the military-industrial complex.

The people of this country (and the rest of Europe) are being imposed upon every day to accommodate legions of chancer's from islamic countries.....just so wars in their screwed up nations can continue in perpetuity fueled by profits for the elites and the institution of the Coudenhove - Kalergi plan.

Last edited:
R

Rubber Chicken

I noticed a couple of these so called better places were France and Sweden. Well..France is no3 in mass shootings...where as the US is 11th.

Sweden...well.....go have fun.

[YOUTUBEIF]iERLyAxddVE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Where did you see that France has more mass shootings than America?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, i think i found that chart, but i think it is fairly skewed as France had the 2 big incidents.

Everything else i have seen has direct correlation with ease of getting the guns compared to deaths.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I like a President who tells jokes instead of appointing them.
Bob Hope

*That's for Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.

All highly competent people continually search for ways to keep learning, growing, and improving. They do that by asking WHY. After all, the person who knows HOW will always have a job, but the person who knows WHY will always be the boss.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

coldcanna

Veteran

I agree that childhood obesity is one of the biggest problems facing our country, it makes school shootings look like a needle in a stack of needles. But I disagree that the cause is that they are being "marketed to" or "capitalized". You see France, Germany, Belgium, all have robust (and delicious) candy and sweets. The problem is parenting. The way that most supermarkets are laid out you have to walk through the vegetable isle to get to the rest of the store! And there is no deception, people are taught proper nutrition in grade school. Its just about personal choices, and unfortunately a large percentage of families choose to let their children be unhealthy.

The death of American culture is not because of capitalism or our version of democracy. Its that in this system you have to make it happen, and millions of people seem to be divorced from that fact.

CaptainDankness

Starting it out strong with another straw man. Nice one dude.

Any country that has universal health care and anti-corruption laws is better than the US at this point lmao.

Denmark
Norway
Germany
Austrailia
Japan
Canada
Switzerland
Finland
New Zealand
Iceland
Austria
Netherlands
Sweden

Then why are you still here? That's a lot of options, I don't really see what makes them better countries but it's all a matter of opinion.

I just love the fact we have the north south east and west just so much to see in America. You can also carry guns which are great for preventing many crimes. And to top it off we all speak English.:biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lot of different situations in usa
most busts for growers start with some other situation
but if it's a warrant they're serving, they come with adequate force
so it might look like a swat team, but a lot of police 'interventions' are beginning to look like swat teams

yeah, the SWAT guys don't have enough work to justify their neat tactical gear, so they get called out even if the only resistance LEO might face in serving a warrant is a grower saying "don't you have anything important to do?" i can't WAIT until those assholes are on unemployment. can you see them at a job interview? " what job skills do you have?" "well, i'm really good at kicking doors down at the wrong house & threatening innocent people with guns... oh, and i shot a little old lady the other day for threatening me with a BB gun." :laughing: useless motherfuckers...

CaptainDankness

I’m very happy that I see all these kids out protesting and showing their voices, I really hope they keep it up, if I was closer I would so go to that march next month in DC.
They might be our last chance to make a difference and see some changes, they are using their voices to be heard not violence that I see a lot....STAND UP AND BE HEARD

Yet another great thing about 'Murica we have the freedom of speech and are allowed to peacefully protest. Not even the UK has freedom of speech.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
Benjamin Franklin

*I have already posted this in my great quotes thread in the tokers den, so don't you lot start accusing me of spamming Benjamin Franklin....lol

.....and judging by Ben's reasoning.....you are LONG OVERDUE AMERICA!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just perusing around the internet and I found this interesting article about America, so it seems apt to stick it in this thread:

From PowerLine Blog:

ARE THE DEMOCRATS FIGHTING A CIVIL WAR?

That is the provocative hypothesis put forward by Danial Greenfield at Sultan Knish. On its face it sounds hyperbolic, but Greenfield makes a rather sober case. You should read it all, but this will give you some of the flavor:

How do civil wars happen?

Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country. And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.

That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.

The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that. But it’s not the first time they’ve done this.
The first time a Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern here.

What do sure odds of the Dems rejecting the next Republican president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any election that they don’t win.
It means they don’t believe that transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.

There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But the Democrats have rejected our system of government.

This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement.

You can hate the other party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election. When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.
Your very own dictatorship.
The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to the left, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s inherently illegitimate.

Greenfield argues that a “network” of leftists believe they are entitled to run the country, no matter what the voters think, and, in fact, they pretty much do:

The left lost Congress. They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats.

Every time that a Federal judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.
Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not the system that runs this country.

The left’s system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.

If it’s in the White House, then the president can do anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance. His power is unlimited.
He’s a dictator.

But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented.

A Democrat in the White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to reverse him.
That’s how the game is played. That’s how our country is run.

Sad but true, although the left hasn’t yet won that particular fight.

When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws.

Under Obama, a state wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.
Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land.

This is what I call a moving dictatorship.

Greenfield argues that Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding:

Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club.
And Trump isn’t in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with him.

Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.

It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It’s not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn’t supposed to win, won.

We’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer government and leftist professional government.

more here:

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/201...olina-tea.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts