What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

eastcoastjoe

View attachment 19029143
View attachment 19029146
View attachment 19029144
View attachment 19029145
View attachment 19029147
View attachment 19029148

Collin Palmer from Brooklyn. Head of Formulations at PAX. Wing Wang is a sibling to ECSD aka the real Sour Diesel.

The 1996 (Albany) cut, the "original sour diesel", and the AJ cut aren't related to the Chem/ Sour family. Period.

I think these databases are flawed because none of you can determine that what you are using as a base is the real thing.

BDownSeedTeam

Yeah I hear you, that's why i said we all interpret smell/taste quite different sometimes, but honestly I never had Lemon in any Sour Diesel clone myself, Chaco, Meltingpot, Captain Krip , Hazyfontazy/Bachus125 but I admit I've seen people I know mention they get a slight lemon twang even growing some of the cuts so I agree maybe the smallest touch in that insane loud Skuny Funky Gas
The slight lemon tang u describe was evident in all sour I got post 2014-.. as to why that is ? I got no clue it’s like it got more lemon pledge floor cleaner and less gas , I knew the gas skunk terp I loved so much was getting over taken , whenever I got another batch of it . Always like green bright green stemy, sometimes stemy er We just called her sour nicknamed her sour in Boston but I knew she had changed. I have reason to believe that I was smoking aj sour d cut for a while even had one of my boys admit he had a aj cut 2012-2014

JetLife175

Veteran
I spoke with Todd mccormick in length about clones being renamed and phylos being the one and done to figure out if this cut has gone out under a different name. This would particularly Explain all the og kush being the same .. most of them.. believing avalible pgr nutrients could’ve played a role in changing the terpiene profile of the cut , similar to steroids and a weight lifter . Pgr to ghost og. I wonder how this may tie into the sour debate aswell. Ofcourse nothing is proven until we have scientific results right . Repsect
Nope.

I ran PGRs for quite some time and nope. You can tell the difference in each cut.

Sour is just a notoriously finicky family of cuts. I've never had two consecutive runs where it turned out the same.

BDownSeedTeam

Nope.

I ran PGRs for quite some time and nope. You can tell the difference in each cut.

Sour is just a notoriously finicky family of cuts. I've never had two consecutive runs where it turned out the same.
That’s what I discussed with Todd, I’ve never ran pgr haha . And very nice information my brother okay , I grew the ecsd she definitely cannablizes herself , noticeable ate more cal mag then my other cuts at the time , and she was the fastest to re grow her branching after takeoff a clone and leaving a node or two and Fan leaf, 5 days the branch was back couldn’t tell where I cut it , I got that cut from stoney917

BDownSeedTeam

He told me it’s was chacos cut of ecsd and they call it chaco because he grew it the best, so when I see guys arguing if ecsd is chaco , chaco is ecsd haha and big shouts out to skunktek . He’s been passing around the chaco for a while

JetLife175

Veteran
That’s what I discussed with Todd, I’ve never ran pgr haha . And very nice information my brother okay , I grew the ecsd she definitely cannablizes herself , noticeable ate more cal mag then my other cuts at the time , and she was the fastest to re grow her branching after takeoff a clone and leaving a node or two and Fan leaf, 5 days the branch was back couldn’t tell where I cut it , I got that cut from stoney917
The two main ones I have experience with is the ECSD and the AJ. Moreso the AJ.

I feed N into flower.... like far into flower with sours.

Once I flip, I cut my N by half, and taper it off until week 4-5 depending on the run. Sours seem to like that extra nitrogen into flower. That's just my experience.

JetLife175

Veteran
He told me it’s was chacos cut of ecsd and they call it chaco because he grew it the best, so when I see guys arguing if ecsd is chaco , chaco is ecsd haha and big shouts out to skunktek . He’s been passing around the chaco for a while
It's called the chaco because he was the first one really documenting the the cut. His thread is right here on IC.

Chaco is a stand up dude. His ecsd was the one I ran.