What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

BerryManilow

Looks like the AJ & Original Sour Diesel aka Albany are related to each other, but aren't even distantly related to ECSD, or SourD, or NYC Diesel, or Super Sour Diesel, orChem4, or Chem91, or Stardawg.

Did the Albany crew get skunked and never have the real deal Sour? Oooooof.

4c4ea4926f57d75353bb5856047a0f0f8f334480.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Where are these tests from? And what is wing wang?
Wing wang is literally the cut that AJ himself gave Doug aka Black rabbit farms on Instagram. Ask black rabbit for who doesn’t believe me, he just renamed AJ’s cut the Wing wang which is why this test is so funny to me lol. Doug was AJ’s old grow partner

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Wing wang is literally the cut that AJ himself gave Doug aka Black rabbit farms. Ask black rabbit for who doesn’t believe me, he just renamed AJ’s cut the Wing wang which is why this test is so funny to me lol. Doug was AJ’s old grow partner
All seems fishy. Even if they are different plants it seems highly unlikely such similar phenos would show up as unrelated.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Odd that it has no smell or taste. Hopefully I have better luck. Although you are not the first to say that. Many years ago I grew a few rezdog seeds and one of them was almost exactly like the sour I remember except only with 10% of the terps and a weak buzz. If only there was a way to crank up the volume it would have been great.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
💯 percent agree with you sir. Here’s a pic of the AJ aka wing wang I got to try gifted to me straight from black rabbit farms. It’s pretty looking stuff, but sadly did not have any smell or taste View attachment 19029092
You say in the icmag.com post I'm quoting that the wing wang cut it had no taste or smell ? , but in same post you showed your Instagram post you put up saying its like smoking a unicorn 🦄 🤣 and beyond pleased, thank you so much 😆 🤣.

Like I said you chage your mind every post/ or when finding out new info, trying a new cut it's a joke.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Has anybody here tried the Top Dawg BX or Karmas BX? Wondering how they compare to these cuts
I'm on my second run with Karma's Sowahh, it's his Sour Diesel mother BX4, the females are very similar in growth and smells, a few variations on the same main theme, much more sour than gasoline in the jars but still very tasty. The people who smoked my buds prefer the results from my #1 for her taste. I have a grow journal in the Karma section.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Maybe there is 2 different genetics called Diesel, the first plant I've grown with the Diesel name was pure gasoline smelling and I found it quite disgusting but when I tried a different cross with the Diesel name again I found some fuel smells but it was not as overwhelming as the first experience and the taste of the smoked buds was so good.
The buds from those two Diesel seeds were radically different so much I would not be surprised they are not related.

BDownSeedTeam

Has anybody here tried the Top Dawg BX or Karmas BX? Wondering how they compare to these cuts
I was actually jjst with top dawg jj at freedom rally and got to actually have my hands on sour bx3 and aj sour cut . Aj has it beat on the nose but sour bx3 is more chunky and has a overall improved color . Overall aj sour d was insanse , I think it has to do with selection but todawg definitely has sour in seedform

BDownSeedTeam

You say in the icmag.com post I'm quoting that the wing wang cut it had no taste or smell ? , but in same post you showed your Instagram post you put up saying its like smoking a unicorn 🦄 🤣 and beyond pleased, thank you so much 😆 🤣.

Like I said you chage your mind every post/ or when finding out new info, trying a new cut it's a joke.
Wow idk homie that homie is tripping out, I recently smoked a halfie of aj sour to the head . Top dawg verified . Man. It was fire , but I still love that east coast sour d I just need to actually smoke verified Albany now

BDownSeedTeam

View attachment 19029143
View attachment 19029146
View attachment 19029144
View attachment 19029145
View attachment 19029147
View attachment 19029148

Collin Palmer from Brooklyn. Head of Formulations at PAX. Wing Wang is a sibling to ECSD aka the real Sour Diesel.

The 1996 (Albany) cut, the "original sour diesel", and the AJ cut aren't related to the Chem/ Sour family. Period.
I spoke with Todd mccormick in length about clones being renamed and phylos being the one and done to figure out if this cut has gone out under a different name. This would particularly Explain all the og kush being the same .. most of them.. believing avalible pgr nutrients could’ve played a role in changing the terpiene profile of the cut , similar to steroids and a weight lifter . Pgr to ghost og. I wonder how this may tie into the sour debate aswell. Ofcourse nothing is proven until we have scientific results right . Repsect

Latest posts

Latest posts